Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: What Starbury Haters Must Realize

  1. #16
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i gotta question: WHy the hell was this thread made???Like forreal, since when the hell did we like zach randolph anyway??We all know he's not the greatest teammate

  2. #17
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    i gotta question: WHy the hell was this thread made???Like forreal, since when the hell did we like zach randolph anyway??We all know he's not the greatest teammate
    I think if people were required to post their age in the start of every post, you'll see why.

  3. #18
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I think this is a great thread. GoKnicksDLee42 provided some excellent facts that were undeniable to the Marbury haters.


    I'm disappointed that Zach Randolph isn't going to training camp. He was quoted as hard working, by the Blazers organization, following the Knicks' trade for Randolph(it's hard for you to average 23 and 10 and not be hardworking). During an interview with Gus Johnson, he said that he was going to work hard, and he also mentioned that he was a changed man. In the 07-08 season, he showed up to practice daily, and he even tried to play through his injuries. Now he wants to get lazy. Randolph must really be stupid. If he shows up to the Knick pre season out of shape, Walsh needs to pull the trigger on his fat a$$ and send him to the Grizzlies. I still think Curry and Richardson need to go before Randolph, because they've already shown their true fat selves, but if Randolph wants to start slacking like Curry and Richardson, then let them all find a home with the Memphis Grizzlies, Seattle Supersonics, and the Minnesota Timerwolves(3 teams expected not to make the playoffs next year) so that they could learn to appreciate what they have in New York.

  4. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    0

    Rumor

    Marbury is are ONLY STAR PLAYER!! He has not lived to the hype as a Knick but he is are only STAR!

    Haters can say what they want about him but none of it is sensible! He has not won on this level but till this year neither did Pual Peirce!

    Skills wise hands down are only star player! Cutting him with new management and a new system is just not smart! Give him the chance to show his skills! And maybe D'Antoni can best use his skills!

    If that does not work then decide if you want to cut him!

  5. #20
    Member Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    There is no doubt that Marbury, I hate calling him "starbury", has the talent to be a great player when his head is screwed on right. However, the problem is his head is only right every other day/game, as the case may be.

    We've heard all this BS about this being Marbury's "year" before. We heard it when Wilkens was around and then Larry Brown, then when Isiah took over. I'll believe this will be Marbury's year when I see it. That being said, we're not going win this year anyway and this being Marbury's last year, whether he stays or not is immaterial. The point being we have to move on without him.

  6. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    0

    Nyk Logo

    I really think Steph and playing at home are just not a good mix,So far to be honest there hasnt been a good mix for him anywhere.Talent wise he is tremendous I have followed him and watched him play in High School,Rucker park,And at the garden the guy can flat out play but lets be honest why is there so much bull**** involved with him it cant be everyone else we have to admit that he dont live up to his contracts and some of the problems he has he brings on himself you cant deny that no matter how big of a fan you are.There are guys that just cant play at home perfect example for those of you who follow boxing Zab Juddah more talent than almost anybody out there but if he would have just stayed away from Brooklyn he could have been one of the best.I see these guys out in clubs nights before games days before fights.It is just impossiable to do both and that is the reason Steph will never succed in New York.His first priority has always been himself never the game of basketball or his team thats why nobody wants to play with him in Minnesota he had a great chance to be another Malone and Stockton with Garnett there and they were both young and he didnt want to stay.I have always been a fan of Steph he comes from CI and I always want people from the five boroughs to shine but there has to be a point when enough is enough.If he really wants to give back to this game he should have no problem getting into all star form and having a tremendous year because he has the talent to do so and with Dantoni he should have a big year.If not put a wrap on all the talk about Steph being anything more than a selfish bum

  7. #22
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    All Starbury lovers can come up with is stats from 5 years ago.
    this thread is about the last 2 seasons not 5 yrs ago

  8. #23
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    we always gotta remember there was a reason dallas didn't resign nash... d'antoni's system saved his career... can it do the same for steph? maybe... let's give him a chance to compete for the starting spot before we talk about buying him out...

  9. #24
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    we always gotta remember there was a reason dallas didn't resign nash... d'antoni's system saved his career... can it do the same for steph? maybe... let's give him a chance to compete for the starting spot before we talk about buying him out...
    I think nash is one of the more overrated players in the league...hes a terrible defender, right there with crawford. If marbury had a good attitude towards his teammates from day one people wouldnt be saying nash is alot better. Nash is the better playmaker but dont anyone tell me marburys not a playmaker. Anyone who averages 8 assists for as long as he did...starbury has done a great job of settin up his teammates throughout his career. He cant help the fact that not all of them can make shots. And in 2006-07 i saw somethin from marbury i had never seen before...i cant say ive seen too many point guards play defense the way he did. The only point guards that come to mind are chris paul and chauncey billups. Nash was never a good defender but his ability to score is right there with marburys, i gotta give nash a slight edge because of his impressive field goal percentages. Nash is a very efficient scorer....hes a better playmaker but marburys defense>>>. Overall yes nash is the better point guard because there is no hypotheticals....but talent wise marburys right there with him. If Marburys attitude has changed like i believe it has and he can stay injury free then we still have a top 10 point guard.

  10. #25
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,686
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42
    With all the recent talk about our point guard stephon marbury, a few things have come to my mind.

    In the offseason, Stephon Marbury has been constantly criticized by his haters becasue they seem to think he is not giving a full effort in preparing for the upcoming season. Marbury has previously stated that he has been "running through mountains" to prepare for the 08-09 season. Haters ASSUME that he has not been preparing. This is an ASSUMPTION and cannot be proven by FACTS. However, this somehow still leads to HATE from Marbury haters.

    Now, lets take a look at our power forward Zach Randolph. His off seaon workout has not exactly been helpful to himslef or the Knicks. First, it was revealed that Randolph was taking part in Club Fighting. This has been proven by FACTUAL DATA. Second, it has now been proven that Randolph will skip the team's workout in Las Vegas. Instead, he chose to throw a party in Indiana. These offseason activities do not (a) improve his defensive skills (b) improve his health or (c) get him to be a better basketball player. Now, Zach Randolph's offseason "preparation" has been proven by FACTS. Yet, does not lead to any hate, unlike Stephon Marbury.

    Next, lets look at On-Court Leadership.

    Stephon Marbury has sacrificed his shot attempts in order for his teammates to get the oppurtunity to score. This sentece alone is nothing but oppinion. But with FACTUAL DATA, this sentence turns into a FACT. (Factual Data):

    Number of Stephon Marbury shots attempted in the 2006-07 season: 952
    Number of Eddy Curry shots attempted in the 2006-07 season: 1016
    Number of Stephon Marbury Assists in the 06-07 season: 403

    Now, lets look at some stats of Zach Randolph.
    Assists in 07-08: 140
    Shot Attempts in 07-08: 1058

    Also, it is a FACT that Stephon Marbury is not known to start on court fights.
    What is also a FACT is that Zach Randolph threw a bottle at his own teammate in the huddle in overtime of a game vs. the wizards. But, once again, this has not lead to any major HATE.

    What Starbury haters need to realize is that there are larger problems on this team then Stephon Marbury. Also, there are more valid arguments to be made about players on this team other then Stephon. Stephon Marbury is not the bad guy on this team. Remember, the reason Steph got surjury and sacrificed last season, which was going no where anyway, so that he can be 100% for the 2008-09 season, where with Isiah Thomas gone, there would be a much greater chance of winning.
    Excellent point. Marbury gets more assists than Zach Randolph. Isn't that what point guards are suppose to do? And your right, Marbury doesn't start fights in bars, he just starts fights with his coaches. It didn't work with Brown, didn't work with Thomas. What makes you think that it will work with D'Antoni?

    Are you really upset about Randolph's involvement in a fight. This is NY. Knicks are suppose to fight. If anything the fight is reason enough to keep him and move Curry.

    Here's what you Starbury dickriders fail to understand, Marbury's not a leader. Show me a stat for leadership and motivation. Here's a few stats for you.

    04/05 Season: Marbury's first season as a Knick.
    Averaged 21.7 PPG 8.1 APG
    Lead the Knicks to 1st round playoff sweep.

    05/06 Season: 16.3 PPG 6.4 APG
    Missed playoffs

    06/07 Season: 16.4 PPG 5.4 APG
    Missed playoffs

    07/08 Season: 13.9 PPG 4.7 APG (Lower average due to injury)
    Missed playoffs

    You see, stats can say what you want them to say. Your stats indicate that Marbury is the salt of the earth and gets his teammates involved. My stats indicate that Marbury can't lead his team out of the first round of the playoffs and can barely lead them to the playoffs at all. Your argument is flawed as is the argument of most that blindly support Marbury because instead of focusing your argument on him you bring up Randolph, which has absolutely nothing to do with Marbury's productivity or lack thereof. When the topic of Marbury arises it is typical for his riders to bring up everyone on the team to shift the focus from Marbury's ineptitude.

  11. #26
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Excellent point. Marbury gets more assists than Zach Randolph. Isn't that what point guards are suppose to do? And your right, Marbury doesn't start fights in bars, he just starts fights with his coaches. It didn't work with Brown, didn't work with Thomas. What makes you think that it will work with D'Antoni?

    Are you really upset about Randolph's involvement in a fight. This is NY. Knicks are suppose to fight. If anything the fight is reason enough to keep him and move Curry.

    Here's what you Starbury dickriders fail to understand, Marbury's not a leader. Show me a stat for leadership and motivation. Here's a few stats for you.

    04/05 Season: Marbury's first season as a Knick.
    Averaged 21.7 PPG 8.1 APG
    Lead the Knicks to 1st round playoff sweep.

    05/06 Season: 16.3 PPG 6.4 APG
    Missed playoffs

    06/07 Season: 16.4 PPG 5.4 APG
    Missed playoffs

    07/08 Season: 13.9 PPG 4.7 APG (Lower average due to injury)
    Missed playoffs

    You see, stats can say what you want them to say. Your stats indicate that Marbury is the salt of the earth and gets his teammates involved. My stats indicate that Marbury can't lead his team out of the first round of the playoffs and can barely lead them to the playoffs at all. Your argument is flawed as is the argument of most that blindly support Marbury because instead of focusing your argument on him you bring up Randolph, which has absolutely nothing to do with Marbury's productivity or lack thereof. When the topic of Marbury arises it is typical for his riders to bring up everyone on the team to shift the focus from Marbury's ineptitude.
    I think what he was sayin is that everyone talks about marbury having bad character...but zachs is even worse. So why does marburys get brought up more then zachs? Not only does Z-bo have off the court problems but he also has problems with his coaches and teammates.

    I think if you examine marburys teammates you can see why the knicks havent been able to make the playoffs. Curry and crawford are both d-league players. Jared jeffries and malik rose are scrubs. Quentin richardson has been injury prone and this year he did nothing for us. Zach Randolph is just as talented as he is selfish.

    Your hatred towards marbury blinds you from all the other factors involved. Marbury hasnt even been the franchise player since curry got here so why even bring him up? And we know that isiah chose to run the offense through crawford, curry and randolph last year. Marbury barely even played.

    You put Steve Nash or tony parker on this team instead of marbury and the results would still be similar. Nash's assists would go down a couple just like we saw with marburys. You cant blame any individual on the team...its the way the team was constructed and who did that? Isiah thomas

  12. #27
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,686
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I think what he was sayin is that everyone talks about marbury having bad character...but zachs is even worse. So why does marburys get brought up more then zachs? Not only does Z-bo have off the court problems but he also has problems with his coaches and teammates.

    I think if you examine marburys teammates you can see why the knicks havent been able to make the playoffs. Curry and crawford are both d-league players. Jared jeffries and malik rose are scrubs. Quentin richardson has been injury prone and this year he did nothing for us. Zach Randolph is just as talented as he is selfish.

    Your hatred towards marbury blinds you from all the other factors involved. Marbury hasnt even been the franchise player since curry got here so why even bring him up? And we know that isiah chose to run the offense through crawford, curry and randolph last year. Marbury barely even played.

    You put Steve Nash or tony parker on this team instead of marbury and the results would still be similar. Nash's assists would go down a couple just like we saw with marburys. You cant blame any individual on the team...its the way the team was constructed and who did that? Isiah thomas
    Here's the thing, lets assume you are correct and the problem is the team as a whole. Is everyone else a problem except Marbury? That's where you lose me. I'm with you on the team as a whole doesn't mesh and obviously trades need to be made. The thing that is backwards is trading every one on the squad is acceptable dialog but when it comes to Marbury leaving you're immediately labeled a hater. When a team doesn't make the playoffs in four years, everyone should be on the table, no exceptions.

  13. #28
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The reason this thread was created is extremely obvious. Its a chance for "Team Starbury" to agree with each other and force their agenda on everyone else, calling them a "hater" if they disagree with them. Hell, I've been called a hater and hes was my favorite player in the league. Its really just meant to create conflict and arguing so that "Team Starbury" can continue to claim "wins" and keep adding onto their imaginary win count. Its really just a demonstration of childish anticts and needs to be stopped. Its impossible to say anything bad about Starbury without being labeled a hater.

    Example:
    Guy 1:"Man, the new starburys are so ugly"
    Team Starbury: "**** you hater! Faggot. Steph is the greatest thing to happen since gay rights. **** you racist.Etc..."

    Strangely familiar?

  14. #29
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    I think this is a great thread. GoKnicksDLee42 provided some excellent facts that were undeniable to the Marbury haters.


    I'm disappointed that Zach Randolph isn't going to training camp. He was quoted as hard working, by the Blazers organization, following the Knicks' trade for Randolph(it's hard for you to average 23 and 10 and not be hardworking). During an interview with Gus Johnson, he said that he was going to work hard, and he also mentioned that he was a changed man. In the 07-08 season, he showed up to practice daily, and he even tried to play through his injuries. Now he wants to get lazy. Randolph must really be stupid. If he shows up to the Knick pre season out of shape, Walsh needs to pull the trigger on his fat a$$ and send him to the Grizzlies. I still think Curry and Richardson need to go before Randolph, because they've already shown their true fat selves, but if Randolph wants to start slacking like Curry and Richardson, then let them all find a home with the Memphis Grizzlies, Seattle Supersonics, and the Minnesota Timerwolves(3 teams expected not to make the playoffs next year) so that they could learn to appreciate what they have in New York.

    Fact: Zach Randolph is in training camp with the Knicks Go to msg.com and click on the danilo gallinari interview and you would see him working out with
    balkman and gallinari in some shooting drills

  15. #30
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,686
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Simonus
    Fact: Zach Randolph is in training camp with the Knicks Go to msg.com and click on the danilo gallinari interview and you would see him working out with
    balkman and gallinari in some shooting drills
    Be careful. You might be labeled as a hater.

Similar Threads

  1. Starbury Shoes(kinda ot)
    By GoKnIcKsDLEE42 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2007, 00:48
  2. Big win over the Heat!!!! STARBURY????
    By jimkcchief88 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Mar 04, 2007, 11:20
  3. who should the knicks pick up?
    By sxmarbury516 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 226
    Last Post: Jul 07, 2006, 19:38
  4. Starbury...what a joke!
    By JerseyCityNETSfan15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Mar 20, 2006, 08:41
  5. KNICKS APPRECIATION! NO HATERS!
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2004, 04:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •