Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: What Starbury Haters Must Realize

  1. #31
    Superstar ShairanXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    8

    Default C'mon...

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Excellent point. Marbury gets more assists than Zach Randolph. Isn't that what point guards are suppose to do? And your right, Marbury doesn't start fights in bars, he just starts fights with his coaches. It didn't work with Brown, didn't work with Thomas. What makes you think that it will work with D'Antoni?

    Are you really upset about Randolph's involvement in a fight. This is NY. Knicks are suppose to fight. If anything the fight is reason enough to keep him and move Curry.

    Here's what you Starbury dickriders fail to understand, Marbury's not a leader. Show me a stat for leadership and motivation. Here's a few stats for you.

    04/05 Season: Marbury's first season as a Knick.
    Averaged 21.7 PPG 8.1 APG
    Lead the Knicks to 1st round playoff sweep.

    05/06 Season: 16.3 PPG 6.4 APG
    Missed playoffs

    06/07 Season: 16.4 PPG 5.4 APG
    Missed playoffs

    07/08 Season: 13.9 PPG 4.7 APG (Lower average due to injury)
    Missed playoffs

    You see, stats can say what you want them to say. Your stats indicate that Marbury is the salt of the earth and gets his teammates involved. My stats indicate that Marbury can't lead his team out of the first round of the playoffs and can barely lead them to the playoffs at all. Your argument is flawed as is the argument of most that blindly support Marbury because instead of focusing your argument on him you bring up Randolph, which has absolutely nothing to do with Marbury's productivity or lack thereof. When the topic of Marbury arises it is typical for his riders to bring up everyone on the team to shift the focus from Marbury's ineptitude.
    problem with those stats is it also fails to take into account the pgs role on the team... steph has always been a penetrate and kick point guard... that's why our 04 team featured tim thomas, allan houston and crawford... all guys that could spread the floor and knock down open shots... you will also note his assist figures that year...

    05, we brought in LB... who feuded with steph during the olympics... and who wanted steph to initiate the offense rather than penetrate/kick... our roster was also too young and offensively minded for LB... Flip would have been a better fit... matter of fact... we were actually something like 17 - 15 in december... then... let's not forget LB also asked for stevie franchise... before steph hurt his shoulder on a sczerbiac screen and we finished the season with 23...

    06 was IT year one... new game plan was to force feed EC... less shot attempts... frye, richardson, crawford were not as effective spreading the floor... less penetrations... less penetrate/pitch opportunities... we still finished 10 wins more than we did with LB... and except for injuries at the end of the season... we woulda made the playoffs...

    07... we started out slow... EC was rebounding less than Nate... ZBo was playing less defense than gasol... and the team was stinking it up versus orl in the 4th game of the season... IT blames no one but steph for the team's failures... still upset about steph's testimony from the summer before... so he and steph start feuding early... derailing the season...

    so steph's stats don't reflect the uncertainty of the coaching situation or team make up that occured at the same time... steph deserves some blame... but bringing up declining stats is actually evidence of his growth... maturity and acceptance of a role on a team... not his diminishing skill level...

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I think nash is one of the more overrated players in the league...hes a terrible defender, right there with crawford. If marbury had a good attitude towards his teammates from day one people wouldnt be saying nash is alot better. Nash is the better playmaker but dont anyone tell me marburys not a playmaker. Anyone who averages 8 assists for as long as he did...starbury has done a great job of settin up his teammates throughout his career. He cant help the fact that not all of them can make shots. And in 2006-07 i saw somethin from marbury i had never seen before...i cant say ive seen too many point guards play defense the way he did. The only point guards that come to mind are chris paul and chauncey billups. Nash was never a good defender but his ability to score is right there with marburys, i gotta give nash a slight edge because of his impressive field goal percentages. Nash is a very efficient scorer....hes a better playmaker but marburys defense>>>. Overall yes nash is the better point guard because there is no hypotheticals....but talent wise marburys right there with him. If Marburys attitude has changed like i believe it has and he can stay injury free then we still have a top 10 point guard.
    wasn't arguing his talent level... nor was i using nash to say he's better than steph... just pointing out that nash's career was resurrected by d'antoni... no reason to think steph's career won't undergo a similar rennaissance...

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Here's the thing, lets assume you are correct and the problem is the team as a whole. Is everyone else a problem except Marbury? That's where you lose me. I'm with you on the team as a whole doesn't mesh and obviously trades need to be made. The thing that is backwards is trading every one on the squad is acceptable dialog but when it comes to Marbury leaving you're immediately labeled a hater. When a team doesn't make the playoffs in four years, everyone should be on the table, no exceptions.
    I don't think the problem is the TEAM as a whole... i think it's the organizational focus... now that donnie has a plan (under the cap by 2010)... and d'antoni has a system that (contrary to popular perception) adapts to his personnel... then we might be able to make it work...

    imagine curry, marbury and crawford working on a team with a lock down wing defender (posey, battier, bowen, pierce, artest, prince) and a rebounding/shot blocking presence who can play off the ball (shawn williams, chandler, delambert) and suddenly you have a team that can score in transition or during half court sets AND play lock down defense... but you pair these guys with randolph who rebounds but can't defend (still think o'neill would have been the perfect fit) and a small forward who can't play defense on above average players... and you have 88 wins in 3 years...

  2. #32
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Here's the thing, lets assume you are correct and the problem is the team as a whole. Is everyone else a problem except Marbury? That's where you lose me. I'm with you on the team as a whole doesn't mesh and obviously trades need to be made. The thing that is backwards is trading every one on the squad is acceptable dialog but when it comes to Marbury leaving you're immediately labeled a hater. When a team doesn't make the playoffs in four years, everyone should be on the table, no exceptions.
    Marbury didnt have much of a chance last season with family passing, isiah thomas, the knicks roster, and his injury. He has to get a pass for last year...the last time we saw him play he played very well for a 3 month stretch playing the best defense of his career and his mid range/3pt game was nice. He was shootin well, showing heart, leadership, and a passion for the game.

    I have many reasons why it doesnt make sense to trade marbury and thats why i think all marbury trade scenarios are stupid. The real haters are the ones who wont be supporting marbury next year even if hes still on the knicks. Most of you are unfair with your opinions about starbury but theres a couple of you that keep it real.

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    The reason this thread was created is extremely obvious. Its a chance for "Team Starbury" to agree with each other and force their agenda on everyone else, calling them a "hater" if they disagree with them. Hell, I've been called a hater and hes was my favorite player in the league. Its really just meant to create conflict and arguing so that "Team Starbury" can continue to claim "wins" and keep adding onto their imaginary win count. Its really just a demonstration of childish anticts and needs to be stopped. Its impossible to say anything bad about Starbury without being labeled a hater.

    Example:
    Guy 1:"Man, the new starburys are so ugly"
    Team Starbury: "**** you hater! Faggot. Steph is the greatest thing to happen since gay rights. **** you racist.Etc..."

    Strangely familiar?
    TunerAddict:Please dont shoot me with the your GOLD MAC 10
    MSGknickz33:**** outta here tunerfaggot
    *Grabs gold mac*
    *Goes to Tuners home*
    *sneaks around back*
    *spots tuner sittin on his lawnchair*
    *guns tuners b!tch ass down*
    *runs to 94 Cadillac*
    *laughs @ tuner being dead*
    *goes for blunt ride*

  3. #33
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by ShairanXIII
    problem with those stats is it also fails to take into account the pgs role on the team... steph has always been a penetrate and kick point guard... that's why our 04 team featured tim thomas, allan houston and crawford... all guys that could spread the floor and knock down open shots... you will also note his assist figures that year...

    05, we brought in LB... who feuded with steph during the olympics... and who wanted steph to initiate the offense rather than penetrate/kick... our roster was also too young and offensively minded for LB... Flip would have been a better fit... matter of fact... we were actually something like 17 - 15 in december... then... let's not forget LB also asked for stevie franchise... before steph hurt his shoulder on a sczerbiac screen and we finished the season with 23...

    06 was IT year one... new game plan was to force feed EC... less shot attempts... frye, richardson, crawford were not as effective spreading the floor... less penetrations... less penetrate/pitch opportunities... we still finished 10 wins more than we did with LB... and except for injuries at the end of the season... we woulda made the playoffs...

    07... we started out slow... EC was rebounding less than Nate... ZBo was playing less defense than gasol... and the team was stinking it up versus orl in the 4th game of the season... IT blames no one but steph for the team's failures... still upset about steph's testimony from the summer before... so he and steph start feuding early... derailing the season...

    so steph's stats don't reflect the uncertainty of the coaching situation or team make up that occured at the same time... steph deserves some blame... but bringing up declining stats is actually evidence of his growth... maturity and acceptance of a role on a team... not his diminishing skill level...
    Great Post...you get a rep point from me

  4. #34
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Marbury didnt have much of a chance last season with family passing, isiah thomas, the knicks roster, and his injury. He has to get a pass for last year...the last time we saw him play he played very well for a 3 month stretch playing the best defense of his career and his mid range/3pt game was nice. He was shootin well, showing heart, leadership, and a passion for the game.

    I have many reasons why it doesnt make sense to trade marbury and thats why i think all marbury trade scenarios are stupid. The real haters are the ones who wont be supporting marbury next year even if hes still on the knicks. Most of you are unfair with your opinions about starbury but theres a couple of you that keep it real.



    TunerAddict:Please dont shoot me with the your GOLD MAC 10
    MSGknickz33:**** outta here tunerfaggot
    *Grabs gold mac*
    *Goes to Tuners home*
    *sneaks around back*
    *spots tuner sittin on his lawnchair*
    *guns tuners b!tch ass down*
    *runs to 94 Cadillac*
    *laughs @ tuner being dead*
    *goes for blunt ride*

    Thanks for proving my point about the childish antics!

  5. #35
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Simonus
    Fact: Zach Randolph is in training camp with the Knicks Go to msg.com and click on the danilo gallinari interview and you would see him working out with
    balkman and gallinari in some shooting drills
    That's good to hear. Quentin Richardson and Eddy Curry are already fat and lazy. We don't need a 3rd fat and lazy person(although Randolph is kinda fat lol). I hope Randolph averages 20 and 10 next year. I got my fingers crossed.
    Last edited by abcd; Jul 11, 2008 at 03:04.

  6. #36
    OG GoKnIcKsDLEE42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    yeah he was pretty close last year. lets just hope he only imnporves

Similar Threads

  1. Starbury Shoes(kinda ot)
    By GoKnIcKsDLEE42 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2007, 01:48
  2. Big win over the Heat!!!! STARBURY????
    By jimkcchief88 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Mar 04, 2007, 12:20
  3. who should the knicks pick up?
    By sxmarbury516 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 226
    Last Post: Jul 07, 2006, 20:38
  4. Starbury...what a joke!
    By JerseyCityNETSfan15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Mar 20, 2006, 09:41
  5. KNICKS APPRECIATION! NO HATERS!
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2004, 05:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •