Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coach K says Duhon will be a league leader in assist with Knicks

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    wow i didnt think collins was 6'6? i just looked it up on espn.com i didnnt believe it. That makes me think less of him now that he had height advantage over most people he faced. Collins was great first year comming out of that D league(i think thast were he came from) and proving he's decent. but sicne then he's been a disaster...he cant passs or shoot...horrible passer everytime i saw him play he passed to the wrong team..idc what his stats say he's a scrub to me..we should trade him or send him back down to the D-league.
    Mardy Collins was a first round pick by Isiah Thomas. We got that pick as part of the Antonio Davis for Jalen Rose trade; the Raptors gave us a draft pick that they received from the Denver Nuggets. He took Collins over Daniel Gibson. Say thank you to our great former coach and GM, and to our current consultant. lol I agree. Collins should be packaged in a trade. I don't believe in him. Collins is a shooting guard that has no offensive ability, so he's forced to play as an oversized point guard. He has potential, but I just don't believe in him.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

A great Post on Duhorn, but I would not take anything that Coach K says about a NBA Player to serious. Now a H.S. or college player I give coach K a big approval. Duke's Coach K had alot of super-star elite college players that could not make it in the NBA (Does the name PG-Hurley ring any bells).

I dont have anything against Duhorn performance being apart of the Knicks backcourt rotation.
    I have a big problem with Crawford & Marbury after 4 years of poor backcourt performances still being on this Knick team. They are not "Team-Players"!

At the hiring of Donnie Walsh, I automatically graded him with a "C+" average from the Indiana Pacers last two years performance. And a new start with the Knicks to wisely use Big spender Owner Dolan money$.
    The hiring of a defenseless head coach D'Antoni, force me to give Walsh a "C-" for having experience knowledge of the last 20 years of the Eastern Conference teams which use "DEFENSE" for their success in the NBA.

If Donnie Walsh still have James, Zach, Q.Rich, Malik, Jefferies, Crawford, and Marbury, on the Knick Roster when the 2008 Training Camp begins in October, than he was not the right man for this Knick Job. The Knicks would have done better mending things up with Larry Brown to give him the Job of President of Operation.

Coach D'Antoni who was the assistant coach of Marbury in Phoenix, untill Marbury & Penny Hardaway pulled that stunt in Phoenix to have the Head coach fired after the first month of the regular season where interim coach D'Antoni took over in the 2003-4 season, where Phoenix got rid of both individual player performance (Marbury & Hardaway) that were a serious "Head-Case" to their teammates performances (Marion, Johnson, and Amare) to give coach D'Antoni a fresh start as Head Coach for the 2004-5 season. Inwhich Phoenix signed a FA individual-player "Head-Case" Q.Richardson to a $11 million per contract that they had to get rid of after one season because of the chaos he kept causing in the lockerroom between Phoenix players. Which was the main reason why the LA Clippers Management resigned Brand & Magette that offseason and told Q.Richardson to take a hike in the FA market in the 2004 offseason.

If the Knicks Coach D'Antoni keep Marbury & Q.Richardson on the Knicks roster by Training Camp after having experience both players chaos in the past on the Phoenix Roster, then the explanation for another Knick losing season lies within the Head Coach and his coaching staff. Why? because D'Antoni was giving the Knicks 6th Lottery Pick to do what he wanted to do with it. In Phoenix he traded the picks along with the teams cancer players (thats how the Knicks got Q.Rich and Nate).

The conclusion of this thread is the Knicks would do well in rebuilding this Knick team next season just having Nate, Collins, and Duhorn at the PG position. And Crawford & Marbury should not be on this Knick Team at all next season.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    A great Post on Duhorn, but I would not take anything that Coach K says about a NBA Player to serious. Now a H.S. or college player I give coach K a big approval. Duke's Coach K had alot of super-star elite college players that could not make it in the NBA (Does the name PG-Hurley ring any bells).

I dont have anything against Duhorn performance being apart of the Knicks backcourt rotation.
    I have a big problem with Crawford & Marbury after 4 years of poor backcourt performances still being on this Knick team. They are not "Team-Players"!

At the hiring of Donnie Walsh, I automatically graded him with a "C+" average from the Indiana Pacers last two years performance. And a new start with the Knicks to wisely use Big spender Owner Dolan money$.
    The hiring of a defenseless head coach D'Antoni, force me to give Walsh a "C-" for having experience knowledge of the last 20 years of the Eastern Conference teams which use "DEFENSE" for their success in the NBA.

If Donnie Walsh still have James, Zach, Q.Rich, Malik, Jefferies, Crawford, and Marbury, on the Knick Roster when the 2008 Training Camp begins in October, than he was not the right man for this Knick Job. The Knicks would have done better mending things up with Larry Brown to give him the Job of President of Operation.

Coach D'Antoni who was the assistant coach of Marbury in Phoenix, untill Marbury & Penny Hardaway pulled that stunt in Phoenix to have the Head coach fired after the first month of the regular season where interim coach D'Antoni took over in the 2003-4 season, where Phoenix got rid of both individual player performance (Marbury & Hardaway) that were a serious "Head-Case" to their teammates performances (Marion, Johnson, and Amare) to give coach D'Antoni a fresh start as Head Coach for the 2004-5 season. Inwhich Phoenix signed a FA individual-player "Head-Case" Q.Richardson to a $11 million per contract that they had to get rid of after one season because of the chaos he kept causing in the lockerroom between Phoenix players. Which was the main reason why the LA Clippers Management resigned Brand & Magette that offseason and told Q.Richardson to take a hike in the FA market in the 2004 offseason.

If the Knicks Coach D'Antoni keep Marbury & Q.Richardson on the Knicks roster by Training Camp after having experience both players chaos in the past on the Phoenix Roster, then the explanation for another Knick losing season lies within the Head Coach and his coaching staff. Why? because D'Antoni was giving the Knicks 6th Lottery Pick to do what he wanted to do with it. In Phoenix he traded the picks along with the teams cancer players (thats how the Knicks got Q.Rich and Nate).

The conclusion of this thread is the Knicks would do well in rebuilding this Knick team next season just having Nate, Collins, and Duhorn at the PG position. And Crawford & Marbury should not be on this Knick Team at all next season.

Kinda hard to grade Donnie from his past two season with Indy because he was the Team Ceo and Bird was the GM. Now did he have say on moves absolutely, but, he probably gave Larry the final say on all moves and draft picks. As CEO he was focusing on marketing ideas like dollar beer nights and half court shot prizes, as well as the WNBA Team. Now he is soley the GM of a team. He actually put together three seperate Championship contender teams in Indy. But I do see what you mean, I honestly never understood why we didnt go after Jerry Colangelo. But so far I like how Donnie has handled himself

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Mardy Collin's Defense > Nate, Steph, or Duhon's D
    nate, stephs, or duhons O >>>> Mardy Collins O

chris duhon = howard eisley 2.0

Duhon's success will depend largely on the players around him and thier health. Crawford is streaky, Curry is lazy and Zack doesn't score in transition. Q lost his jumper, Lee barely has one and Balkman never had one. Gallinari is still on watch, Jeffries is strictly utility, nate can help, james is a non-factor and Chandler may not play. I think he can average somewhere around 8-9 assists per game if Dantoni's system is incorporated well and guys improve their games from last season. I can't see him doing well any other way. I am looking forward to his on-ball defensive ability though.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Duhon's success will depend largely on the players around him and thier health. Crawford is streaky, Curry is lazy and Zack doesn't score in transition. Q lost his jumper, Lee barely has one and Balkman never had one. Gallinari is still on watch, Jeffries is strictly utility, nate can help, james is a non-factor and Chandler may not play. I think he can average somewhere around 8-9 assists per game if Dantoni's system is incorporated well and guys improve their games from last season. I can't see him doing well any other way. I am looking forward to his on-ball defensive ability though.
    You must be joking. Oh i get it. You and JPZ17 are the nephews of coach K. He will never average that many assists. It is sensible to think that marbury will average that many next year but duhon is not as much of a point guard as marbury is. First we must surround marbury with average teammates. We will then see the resurrection of marburys career.

I love to look back on Threads like this to see how right or wrong we all were!

Looks like we were all either wrong! But being that Duhon is currently 4th in the league in assist, and dropped another 13 tonight, it looks like Coach K knew what he was talking about!

Banned

Good find, its nice to go back and see the reactions from months ago.

wow i cant blame any1 though, who saw this comin?well at least they got da mardy collins thing rite lol

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk

wow u got it rite on da ball lol

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Duhon is a pretty good pg he's shown so far this year he could run a team and do it well, he's a really good floor general and could lead a team as a starter i wouldnt mind keeping him as the starter seeing how he could play for cheap and is only 26 yrs old. i see him in a Fisher type roll his whole career he knows what he's doing just add a superstar player and nice allstar capable players and big men and he'll be fine....

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by New New York
    Well thanks for the support at the begining of your response LOL!

I posted it because it really took me back that Coach K would say that, I also noted that I did not co-sign his opinion.

I seriously doubt that Coach K's opinion is correct, but I really thought that it was worth discussing.

I also noted that his assist to TO ratio looked solid, but it was actually not much better than Steph's from the year before, meaning there was no need to assume he was for sure going to get that much burn over Steph
    Seems like all the Marbury riders think this is a bad topic. Didn't we all see that coming? It's natural for coach K to support Duhon. He's always spoken highly of him. It should also be expected for there to be big talk about Duhon after he set a franchise record 22 assists against the Warriors. Oddly enough Marbury's name always seems to pop up even though he didn't play against the Warriors, hasn't practices or helped Duhon and wasn't in the building or even allowed any where near the team. But that's all besides the point. Will Duhon lead the league? Well that's quite a statement. I wouldn't go that far, but he did make Knicks history. There's no question he's a solid floor general.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Its still too early.

how is it still too early to say he is doing well....but 3 games into the season it wasnt too early to say he was doing poorly...
    hmmmm