Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75

Thread: WTF is happening - Zach/Clips deal turned down

  1. #1
    Veteran Trin_Starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    12

    Default WTF is happening - Zach/Clips deal turned down

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    After losing Elton Brand to Philadelphia, the Clippers called the Knicks seeking a deal to acquire Zach Randolph.

    Sports Illustrated reports that the Knicks are unwilling to trade the offensively gifted Randolph for what would amount to a salary dump of the final three years of his contract. The Clippers' proposal would not provide comparable return on talent.

    The thinking could be that new head coach Mike D'Antoni will rejuvenate the Knicks while elevating Randolph's game and therefore his trade value.

    The Clippers can also pursue Josh Smith and Emeka Okafor to fill their vacant power forward slot, but both are restricted free-agents whose respective teams can match any offer.

    Wow just wow!!! I thought we wanted to jettison Zach's contract and get cap space for 2010 - but i guess not

  2. #2
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default I just cant beleive it

    I really do not have the words to explain my shock. This cant be a true! No way Donnie Walsh is going to sit back and hope that Zach will up his trade value. No way Walsh is that stupid

  3. #3
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    [BREAKING NEWS:] The Knicks fans march to the Garden for Answers!

  4. #4
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I'm so pissed that I had to post again. WTF WTF!

    Do you think there would have been any hesitation to pull the trigger on this deal if Mark Jackson were the coach! No if we had hired Mark we would be in full rebuilding mode, and this would be an ideal trade for us. News Flash Donnie, we aint winning anytime soon, we have the Highest payroll in the league, we need cap help before we can start winning. Isiah could not give Zach away last season, and you are turning down a deal for the worst salary on the payroll in the hopes that Dantoni's system makes him look better. What if he gets hurt first week into the season, or gets into another fight further deminishing his trade value? Call The Clipppers back up, tell them you'll take that much lesser shorter term contract and couple of Draft Picks!

    Seriously someone in The Knick organization better come out soon and say there is no truth to this story, because, if this is true this guy makes Isiah look like Jerry Colangelo!

    DAMN!

  5. #5
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    ......Why not Tim Thomas and a unprotected 2010 pick. Tim Thomas looked good in Dantoni's offense at the 4. Would he put up Zach's numbers hell no, but again the idea is that it would shave 8 million off this years cap, 10 million off next year and 16 million of the next year!

    There better be a deal for Gooden and Gordon on the table, that better be the type of talent this A Hole is talking about acquiring for Zach, or The Piston rumors better have some validity to it.....

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    I'm so pissed that I had to post again. WTF WTF!

    Do you think there would have been any hesitation to pull the trigger on this deal if Mark Jackson were the coach! No if we had hired Mark we would be in full rebuilding mode, and this would be an ideal trade for us. News Flash Donnie, we aint winning anytime soon, we have the Highest payroll in the league, we need cap help before we can start winning. Isiah could not give Zach away last season, and you are turning down a deal for the worst salary on the payroll in the hopes that Dantoni's system makes him look better. What if he gets hurt first week into the season, or gets into another fight further deminishing his trade value? Call The Clipppers back up, tell them you'll take that much lesser shorter term contract and couple of Draft Picks!

    Seriously someone in The Knick organization better come out soon and say there is no truth to this story, because, if this is true this guy makes Isiah look like Jerry Colangelo!

    DAMN!
    Zach's a career 20/10 PF.Can he score in the post?ABSOLUTELY! Can he rebound? ABSOLUTELY! Can he defend? oh god,HELL NO! Walsh is trying to get VALUE in return.You guys act like he said no to an E.Curry salary dump.I guarandamntee if the offer was for Curry,Walsh would've shot Curry out of a cannon to LA. 20/10 career F/C have value in the NBA.Which league are you guys watching? The Clippers tried to get a 20/10 scoring forward for absolutely nothing. Even your boy Metrocard says Zach is way more valuable than E.****ty!!!!! He just says Zach is OVERPAID.I totally agree with that.

  7. #7
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    He wanted to trade David Lee for a Draft pick, and a bad contract, but is conservative about trading Zach!

  8. #8
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by George M.
    Zach's a career 20/10 PF.Can he score in the post?ABSOLUTELY! Can he rebound? ABSOLUTELY! Can he defend? oh god,HELL NO! Walsh is trying to get VALUE in return.You guys act like he said no to an E.Curry salary dump.I guarandamntee if the offer was for Curry,Walsh would've shot Curry out of a cannon to LA. 20/10 career F/C have value in the NBA.Which league are you guys watching? The Clippers tried to get a 20/10 scoring forward for absolutely nothing. Even your boy Metrocard says Zach is way more valuable than E.****ty!!!!! He just says Zach is OVERPAID.I totally agree with that.
    LMAO!! HAHAHA!!!

  9. #9
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by George M.
    Zach's a career 20/10 PF.Can he score in the post?ABSOLUTELY! Can he rebound? ABSOLUTELY! Can he defend? oh god,HELL NO! Walsh is trying to get VALUE in return.You guys act like he said no to an E.Curry salary dump.I guarandamntee if the offer was for Curry,Walsh would've shot Curry out of a cannon to LA. 20/10 career F/C have value in the NBA.Which league are you guys watching? The Clippers tried to get a 20/10 scoring forward for absolutely nothing. Even your boy Metrocard says Zach is way more valuable than E.****ty!!!!! He just says Zach is OVERPAID.I totally agree with that.
    But Eddy contract is much better, and at the end of the day a team trying to shed cap has to make moves that favor that approach! Eddy is not better than Zach, but Eddy's contract is more managable. Plus I dont think either of them earn their money, so why not get rid of the bigger waste of money. Not to mention Eddy may test the Free Agent Market next season, he may take less money to join a contender or an equal salary to play in a smaller market with less pressur ie. Memphis or Minny. So to me moving him is not at all as important.

  10. #10
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Successful Trade Scenario
    Congratulations on a successful trade.

    Due to New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

    New York Trade Breakdown
    Incoming Players
    Tim Thomas
    6-10 SF / PF from Villanova
    No games yet played in 2007/08
    Cuttino Mobley
    6-4 SG from Rhode Island
    No games yet played in 2007/08
    Outgoing Players
    Zach Randolph
    6-9 PF from Michigan State
    No games yet played in 2007/08




    Both players expire in 2010.

    We really needed contracts as much as we needed to get rid of Randolph.

    For whatever reason Walsh turned this down, it should be a good one.

    NNY, Curry to Clippers? They got Kaman and are looking for a PF.

    Unless the Clippers asked for David Lee or Robinson. I don't know why Walsh ****ed this up.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Successful Trade Scenario
    Congratulations on a successful trade.

    Due to New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

    New York Trade Breakdown
    Incoming Players
    Tim Thomas
    6-10 SF / PF from Villanova
    No games yet played in 2007/08
    Cuttino Mobley
    6-4 SG from Rhode Island
    No games yet played in 2007/08
    Outgoing Players
    Zach Randolph
    6-9 PF from Michigan State
    No games yet played in 2007/08




    Both players expire in 2010.

    We really needed contracts as much as we needed to get rid of Randolph.

    For whatever reason Walsh turned this down, it should be a good one.

    NNY, Curry to Clippers? They got Kaman and are looking for a PF.

    Unless the Clippers asked for David Lee or Robinson. I don't know why Walsh ****ed this up.
    Hey Metro I understand what you're saying.But,the Clippers wanted him for just salary dump.Read the article yourself.The trade you proposed,I'm sure Walsh would've taken that in a heartbeat!!! We don't know what E.****ty will be in the next 2 seasons and we all know the rest of the league doesn't want to even know! But just dumping Z-Bo's salary for no contracts that expire in the summer of 2010 is ludicrous!!!!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    0

    Nyk Logo

    At least dialogue between us and the Clippers has started!!

    You never say Yes out the box!! Well unless your a LOSER!!!!

    I remember all too well how the press was saying Artest had no value and was untradeable BLAH BLAH BLAH!

    PEJA!!!! Thats value coming out the ears baby!

    The Don if he is talking to Clips for real "Watch Out Baby! " he will get something done! Maybe not even with just the Clippers if there really is dialogue with the Clips watch Golden State jump in!

    I say get at the minimum a first round pick! Isiah made deals to satisfy us and the reporters but THE DON will make deals that make sense! Look think out the box for a sec the Clips and Warriors are going after Brand after a season in which had a Injury on his Achilles which from what I know does not heal easy like he was God . If thats the case why cant Zach after a down year and the baggage not be at least a Messiah?

    Dunleavy seamed pissed no? He called? (Until espn fox or something like that reports it it could just be a story!) But if he did we have to believe he knows Zach can ball and stats wise he has been real similar to Brand! "Its Baron Time "he said " We will get him help. I have my owners backing, he is willing to do whatevers necessary to help our team improve! We will get better!"

    Zach makes you better! So work it Don and get the most you can!!!!



  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    But Eddy contract is much better, and at the end of the day a team trying to shed cap has to make moves that favor that approach! Eddy is not better than Zach, but Eddy's contract is more managable. Plus I dont think either of them earn their money, so why not get rid of the bigger waste of money. Not to mention Eddy may test the Free Agent Market next season, he may take less money to join a contender or an equal salary to play in a smaller market with less pressur ie. Memphis or Minny. So to me moving him is not at all as important.
    Right.E.****ty is the bigger waste of money AND space! But again,they tried to get Randolph for absolutely nothing.Smart try by the Clipper GM!!!!

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Successful Trade Scenario
    Congratulations on a successful trade.

    Due to New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

    New York Trade Breakdown
    Incoming Players
    Tim Thomas
    6-10 SF / PF from Villanova
    No games yet played in 2007/08
    Cuttino Mobley
    6-4 SG from Rhode Island
    No games yet played in 2007/08
    Outgoing Players
    Zach Randolph
    6-9 PF from Michigan State
    No games yet played in 2007/08




    Both players expire in 2010.

    We really needed contracts as much as we needed to get rid of Randolph.

    For whatever reason Walsh turned this down, it should be a good one.

    NNY, Curry to Clippers? They got Kaman and are looking for a PF.

    Unless the Clippers asked for David Lee or Robinson. I don't know why Walsh ****ed this up.
    Hey this was just my idea of a good trade doubt they offered it for real though!

    Would be nice though no?

  15. #15
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    im kinda glad we didn't make this trade. Although Zach had a not so great season last year Im no ready to give up on him after that 1 year. this guy was a legitament top forward in the western confeence just two seasons ago. I still got faith he can translate that over hear within a team concept. We got a new coach in here and new management and if he see they actually have a planned drawn out direction they clearly wanna go in unlike Isiah I beileve he will buy into the system.

Similar Threads

  1. DONE DEAL!
    By JJtheKnick in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2006, 13:15
  2. A picnic delays Crawford Deal!!
    By TmAc N Knicks4life in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Aug 04, 2004, 10:30
  3. Hopefully, we can close the deal for Crawford...
    By Twisted NY Assassin in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2004, 08:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •