Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gallinari's chance to stand out in summer league; Wally to NY?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Career wise
    48% FG
    40% 3pt
    86% FT
    15 ppg

vs

40% FG
    34% 3pt
    83% FT
    14.5 ppg

Judging from this, who would you consider the better shooter?

Doesn't matter about career wise, it matters about how good they are now.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    co-sign

lmao @ crawstans defendin their hero

wally showed heart in the playoffs...he was diving for lose balls and played average defense. Crawford has yet to play average defense for an entire game. Just like the way hes never made the playoffs.

Crawford is a 15-20 minutes off the bench type of player.....wally is capable of playin more minutes, hes sadly a better defender, and as metro pointed out hes got an expiring contract.
    if it does expire then its perfect but he was garbage in the playoffs Lebron was a one man show no one helped him

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Career wise
    48% FG
    40% 3pt
    86% FT
    15 ppg

vs

40% FG
    34% 3pt
    83% FT
    14.5 ppg

Judging from this, who would you consider the better shooter?
    szerbiack's defense is way worst then crawford's, crawford can actually create for his shot, wally plays flat footed/very heavy....dude is useless unless he's wide open, dont u criticize crawford for being 1 dimensional?

Thumbs up Gold Mac 10>>>Not datruth

Originally Posted by datruth
    szerbiack's defense is way worst then crawford's, crawford can actually create for his shot, wally plays flat footed/very heavy....dude is useless unless he's wide open, dont u criticize crawford for being 1 dimensional?

Default question on wally

when does Wally's contract expire??

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33

y iznt any1 talkin bout Gallo. That iz wat iz most important to our team out of these 2 ideas

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

How many threads will we end up having about The **** by 2010?

Truth is we should only trade for Wally because his contract expires before 2010. He will knock down some shots, but he is on the decline, no doubt... not like the man who shot like a madman that last year in college. He aint gonna bring that much, especially zippo on D.

I'm pulling for El Gallo, y no es de Manati mi pana (eso solo lo entiende un buen boricua). He may have his bumps along the way, but the kid got something thats been AWOL on our team this decade: and that's heart. Although 19, he's the heart and crunch time guy over in Milano and that attitude should be welcomed.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

I'll go even further.... I'm hoping the guy bests Beasley and Rose to take ****ing ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!!!

buuuyaaah!!!

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    when does Wally's contract expire??
    Wally Szczerbiak's contract expires in 2009. Jamal Crawford's contract expires in 2011. Personally, I wouldn't trade Crawford for Szczerbiak, because I know the Knicks could get more for Crawford, but if the Cavs were to throw in a 1st round pick, I would do it. Jamal Crawford is a better overall basketball player than Szczerbiak, because he's faster and more athletic, but Szczerbiak is the better shooter. He has better shot selection than Crawford, and he shoots a higher percentage. Crawford just gets the slight edge over Szczerbiak, because he has the ability to get to the basket at will. Szczerbiak is too slow to do that. And because he's more able to take over in crunch time than Szcerbiak(although Szczerbiak is clutch, too).

There are other situations still brewing. The most notable involves another Warriors guard, Monta Ellis, who is a restricted free agent and, according to multiple sources, has a desire to play in D'Antoni's system. A person with knowledge of the situation said a sign-and-trade is a long shot, however, because a third team would have to be involved to make the deal work for both sides. The Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers are in hot pursuit, just in case Warriors executive Chris Mullin decides to trade Ellis.

Default To WVknickfan

WVknickfan, this is old news with Monta Ellis going to the Knicks...if it happens ill be the first one to say you were right but the odds are very nill. Since the Warriors dont have Baron...that makes Ellis very important to the Warriors team, he's their only good PG and they need him...i doubt he'll be wearing the blue white n orange jersey this year.

Originally Posted by abcd
    Wally Szczerbiak's contract expires in 2009. Jamal Crawford's contract expires in 2011. Personally, I wouldn't trade Crawford for Szczerbiak, because I know the Knicks could get more for Crawford, but if the Cavs were to throw in a 1st round pick, I would do it. Jamal Crawford is a better overall basketball player than Szczerbiak, because he's faster and more athletic, but Szczerbiak is the better shooter. He has better shot selection than Crawford, and he shoots a higher percentage. Crawford just gets the slight edge over Szczerbiak, because he has the ability to get to the basket at will. Szczerbiak is too slow to do that. And because he's more able to take over in crunch time than Szcerbiak(although Szczerbiak is clutch, too).

Wally is not a SG he has a good shot but he cant move like a SG atelast crawford has speed and agility...both guys defense is bad and Crawford had better numbers last year. Now that i know Wally's contract expires in 09' there can be a possible move but why trae crawford? what about Zach..the Cavs dont have a good offense in the post why not have Zach help out Lebron? PLus zach's contract is 13 mil while Jamal's is only 7 i think. And Wally showed no clutch in the playoffs.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by datruth
    Wally had a superior career.
    Wally made the playoffs.
    Crawford's defense is as bad as Wally's.
    Crawford plays like a headless chicken with a basketball.

No Crawford > Crawford.
    Wally's expirning Crawford.

You gotta be a Crawfordsexual to still want him on here, he's USELESS on this team.

Crawford can create his own stupid shot, big deal? He misses most of the time.