Starks and Frazier Believe in Starbury....Haterburys are Furious

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
http://www.nypost.com/seven/07122008/sports/knicks/old_guard_s_believe_in_marbury_119535.htm

OLD GUARD-S BELIEVE IN MARBURY
FRAZIER, STARKS THINK STEPHON STILL HAS SOMETHING LEFT

By JONATHAN LEHMAN
Posted: 4:08 am
July 12, 2008

At least two KnicksNew York Knicks guards of the past think the embattled Knicks guard of the present, Stephon MarburyStephon Marbury , can survive the transition to the Walsh-D'Antoni Era.

Walt "Clyde" Frazier and John Starks both spoke out yesterday in support of Marbury, whose future with the team is in question. Thanks to his tumultuous 2007-08 season, the arrival of new team president Donnie Walsh and new head coach Mike D'Antoni, and the signing of free-agent point guard Chris Duhon earlier this week.

"I think Steph still has some game," Frazier said. "I think he can still help them. Hopefully they feel that way as well. He's gotten a lot of bad rap about how disruptive he is on the team, players don't like him, but when you play the way he does--100 percent--that's what players respect."

And Frazier, New York's all-time assist leader and current color commentator on MSG, is convinced that Marbury can still be an elite offensive player.

"They don't have anyone else who can break down the defense like he can," Frazier said.

Marbury is owed $21 million in the final year of his contract. He played a career-low 24 games last season, missing time with a variety of health and personal troubles, and averaged a career-worst 13.9 points per game. In each of his four full seasons in blue and orange, the Knicks failed to make the playoffs.

In Starks' opinion, as long as Marbury remains under contract, the ball is in his figurative court.

"Everything is predicated on what Steph does, it's really up to him," Starks said.

"Steph can do it if he wants to," Frazier agreed. "I think he's willing to make the sacrifice."

Frazier and Starks were on hand at the Garden Friday for the 6th Annual iStar Charity Shootout, a youth-themed event that raises money to support a number of charitable organizations.

Haterburys lost :lol:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
"When November comes, that's when everyone will see what I've been doing"--STARBURY

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07122008/sports/knicks/pressure_point_119536.htm

PRESSURE POINT
KNICKS EVALUATING MARBURY'S FUTURE

By MARC BERMAN

ON GUARD: The status of Stephon Marbury with the Knicks is under evaluation, as new arrival Chris Duhon is applying pressure for the starting position.Posted: 4:08 am
July 12, 2008

LAS VEGAS - Stephon Marbury bounded off the New York Knicks ' team bus at Vegas' Valley High last night - a new tattoo inscribed on his left temple. The "3" logo found on his Starbury sneaker and apparel line is now a permanent part of his bald head.

Good thing the permanent tattoo ink wasn't used on his Knick jersey.

Even the cocky Marbury knows he may be giving up his Knick jersey in a couple of months, with team president Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni contemplating waiving him before the season opener.

"Right now I've been told I'm going to be playing basketball here," said Marbury, who joined the Knicks' summer-league team for last night's first practice.

However, Marbury, 31, acknowledged nothing's certain.

"I love New York, I want to play in New York," Marbury said. "But I understand the direction they would be going in if that was to happen.

"I'm supposedly old. But there are 29 other teams. I love New York. I want to finish my career here. I feel I have a lot more to give. But I guess I have to prove that because I haven't been on the court much. You guys are saying I can't play anymore. It's kind of fun. It's a challenge."

Marbury, who played just 24 games last season because of season-ending ankle surgery, has trained vigorously since May, running the Hollywood Hills, a mountain called Runyon Canyon.

"When November comes, that's when everyone will see what I've been doing," Marbury said.

If waived, Marbury has told confidants the Celtics are on his radar because of his ties with Kevin Garnett and Boston's need of point-guard depth, though Paul Pierce didn't sound like a fan.

D'Antoni will take the veterans who show up in Vegas out to dinner separately, partly to get a feel for Marbury's value to his mates. The perception is Marbury wasn't a locker-room favorite, players jealous of the attention he receives.

"The biggest thing is getting to know people, and it goes a lot further than basketball," D'Antoni said. "Basketball, we'll figure it out. You got to make the locker room right."

The Knicks this week signed point guard Chris Duhon, but Marbury's issue cuts deeper than replacing him with another body. It's about the new regime's desire to symbolically change the culture.

When asked about Marbury's status, D'Antoni said, "Steph is on the team. [Duhon] is another guard we added who we think can push the ball, is a good defensive player. Just because one goes in, doesn't mean another goes out."

Privately, Marbury desperately wants to stay and has done everything to ingratiate himself with D'Antoni, including showing up first to Vegas, along with David LeeDavid Lee .

"It's a system my game is built for," Marbury said. "To have the opportunity to play in the system is definitely gratifying."

But he is too proud to beg. "It doesn't matter as long as I'm playing basketball," Marbury said. "That's the most important thing. As long as I get the opportunity to get on the dance floor and play, it doesn't matter if I'm playing here or there. It's a business. If they choose to go that way, I'll understand. I won't take it personally."

Marburys been sayin the right things for a while now. Haterburys need to give up and start criticizing real bums like crawford and curry.

Toons

is the Bo$$
ummmm...so where is the part in the article that says that the "haterburys" are furious???
is this another lame attempt to spark a marbury war??
can a mod delete this and put this under another thread where ppl attempt to suck the skin off os marbury's scrotum???
MSG!! READ ME LOUD N CLEAR, ITS GETTIN REDICULOUSLY ANNOYING AND CHILDINSH....what ever happened to your intellegent posts??? your rspectable posts as a knick fan.....y dont u be the man that u say u are, take ur "win" and leave it alone?? u are starting to be the most annoying poster on this site! ur content is repetitive, your insight is damn nnear non-existant anymore, and the marbusy lovingis getting boring.....can you PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF NEW YORK, GIVE IT A FUKKIN REST....and stop going out of your way to say some sissy gay shit, just so you can copy these lame ass rappers to say "no homo"...if u genuinely dont want to be interpeted as a homosexual, then dont say things like u get a hard on for the big cock....

Trin_Starr

Starter
Before you guys get into a verbal bashing - MSG is free to say what he thinks...disagree if you want but refrain from personal insults.

Secondly - the thread contains news articles that are relevant to the point that he is trying to make - many people think that Marbury is washed up and is a cancer but the best NY point guard ever to don a knicks uniform feels differently. That's got to count for something.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
ummmm...so where is the part in the article that says that the "haterburys" are furious???
can a mod delete this and put this under another thread where ppl attempt to suck the skin off os marbury's scrotum???
MSG!! READ ME LOUD N CLEAR, ITS GETTIN REDICULOUSLY ANNOYING AND CHILDINSH....what ever happened to your intellegent posts??? your rspectable posts as a knick fan.....y dont u be the man that u say u are, take ur "win" and leave it alone?? u are starting to be the most annoying poster on this site! ur content is repetitive, your insight is damn nnear non-existant anymore, and the marbusy lovingis getting boring.....can you PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF NEW YORK, GIVE IT A FUKKIN REST....and stop going out of your way to say some sissy gay shit, just so you can copy these lame ass rappers to say "no homo"...if u genuinely dont want to be interpeted as a homosexual, then dont say things like u get a hard on for the big cock....

haterburys are furious about starks and walt clyde frazier co-signing Starbury. Im short on time right now so the one last thing im gonna say is Marburys still the best player on the knicks, hes gotta new attitude, and it would be a bad move to cut him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Marbury has been saying all the right things. If Donnie Walsh decides to keep Marbury, and if Mike D'Antoni starts Marbury, I expect him to average between 15-18 points and 5-7 assists per game. If Marbury stays with the Knicks, all the haters are going to get shut down. Marbury is going to lead this talentless team to the 8th seed, if given the opportunity. All he needs is a chance, and he'll dominate and become a top 10 NBA point guard this year.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
once again, i dont think somebody on this board ever questioned his talent, WE ALL KNOW HE'S GREAT AT WHAT HE DO

Toons

is the Bo$$
Marburys still the best player on the knicks, hes gotta new attitude, and it would be a bad move to cut him.

ok, for the umpteenth time, he is the best player and it wud b a bad move to cut him....we know that already....we had an entire thread about how that wud be a bad move and how duhon is nowhere close to him talent-wise, or on the level of court leadership....can we move on now???

metrocard

Legend
This was a joy to read MSG, keep posting these articles.

We don't need another war, but atleast the Starbury haters should take the time to read and understand this, Marbury is needed in New York for now.

TunerAddict

Starter

Cosign. So sick of Starbury Wars.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

How many different Hate Marbury/Love Marbury threads do we have now? Minus a few attacks that are a lil over the top, this is a solid reply to post that I believe was written with the sole purpose of provoking an argument.

My second point is how much pull do Frazier and Starks have in the Knicks organization? Zero. In fairness, Frazier is one of the smartest basketball minds around but he's stated the obvious. We all know Steph is talented but that's not what's in question so in future arguments can we move past the 'he's the best' point!

The fact that you guys think there are teams and call your selves 'Team Starbury' is sad. I back a team and an organization, not a single player. What will you do if Marbury is traded, be Celtics fans? The fact is, this so called team is filled with posters that at one time could have been called smart, witty and talented, but all of you have fell off. Even your leader has backed away a bit. Metro's not nearly as aggressive with this as he one was. I think he recognizes that what's best for the team comes before any dickridery. Take notes from your boss.

Toons

is the Bo$$
How many different Hate Marbury/Love Marbury threads do we have now? Minus a few attacks that are a lil over the top, this is a solid reply to post that I believe was written with the sole purpose of provoking an argument.

no, its not made to provoke an argument....im a man, MSG is a man...when he gets at me, he hold nothing back....so when i get at him, i wont either....im a member of this site, im a contributer, and im a critic....jsut like the rest of u...i said what i had to say, the marbury thing is ridiculous and redundant....can a mod plz delete this thread??

metrocard

Legend

vyy06b.jpg

calm down bro.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
by the way starks is fake, met starks a couple of years ago durin the larry brown year, asked em "wit all this talent why cant we win", He said " we got get rid of stephon", back then i said dude was crazy

Last edited:

Toons

is the Bo$$
wow......you of all people that call the military and if anyone dare say that marbury sucks? hahaha, u are almost funny how stupid ur comment to defend your boyfriend is.....how about u stop sucking marburys dick n show metrosexual how to support sum1 with out giving them oral sex. if i cared that much, i wud ask u to say sumthin totally outrageous, just to see if metrosexual will follow u...but i already kno that he would....metro is ur yes man....without him an abcd (even tho abcd tinks for himself), u r nothing.....if u never made the threads to start games (they were good, i must admit), u would b nothing more than a regular marbury dickrider....just like ur less known followers....

Toons

is the Bo$$
look here maboy, i was never speaking to u, u got in something that didnt involve u....n u got what u were looking 4....dont get me confused with those that back down after u n msg address them....like msg and urself, i support my favorite player....like u both, i dont like being called out....also like u both, i dont back down....life ain easy...get over it...now unlike urself and msg, i can accet when my guy plays like shit, or when his antics are over the top, i kno crawford is not a leader and shouldnt be forced to be , now if the great stephon lord of lords, god of gods marbury does something stupid, u make excuses for him, oh...he lost his father, tough, i never had one, his mentor died, so what, im from the ghetto, my boys die every other month...ppl die, u get over it and move on.....im not heartless....im real....we all are people that have hardly seen 100,000 dollars cash that belong to us.....this multimillionaire loses a family member and he get s abig pardon???? in my college we only have 2 sympathy days off.....y cant you all be real and rational about this....how many of u have EVER heard me badmouth marbury???? no1, sumply because he is a knick and i like how he plays on the court....if he leaves NY, **** marbury...if he stays, i like him...i like lebron, he's my fav nba player, but when he plays against the knicks, **** lebron.....i liked jordan....but when he played against the knicks and dominated us, i hated him....now i ask all the "team marbury" members....does your layalty lie with marbury?? or with the new york knicks??? question 2...if he leaves...who will ur fav knick be?? will u defend him with the strenghth and vigor that you defent SM with???

Status
Not open for further replies.