Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: The termination of Crawford, Curry, Randolph and Jefferies.

  1. #1
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default The termination of Crawford, Curry, Randolph and Jefferies.

    Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph and Jared Jefferies are ****blocking the Knicks from getting under the cap and all are negative influences on the team with their one dimensional style of player and their history as career losers.

    This is the official thread for trade ideas to get rid of these guys and hopefully get something good in return. But getting rid of them for anything would be a positive impact on our team's future, so most of your ideas would be accepted.

    Hopefully Walsh's old ass finds out the internet exist and finds this thread.

    My ideas.

    The monster deal

    Cleveland sends
    Damon Jones
    Wally Szczerbiak
    Joe Smith
    Eric Snow

    New York sends
    Jamal Crawford
    Jared Jefferies
    Zach Randolph



    Why for Cleveland? They need help offensively and need guys who can create shots and score points. They also need a back up defensive SF to help solidfy their great defense. Crawford and Randolph are two 20 ppg scoring threats that would take Cleveland to the next level.

    Why for NY? Expiring contracts and they lose 3 cancers.

    Cleveland's line up
    West/Gibson
    Crawford/Palvovic
    James/Jefferies
    Randolph/Wallace/Hickson
    Ilgaukus/Varejao

    The deal to dump Curry.

    Atlanta sends
    Zaza Pachulia
    Speedy Claxton

    New York sends
    Eddy Curry

    Why for ATL? ATL are now are the stage of being a playoff caliber team. They could a post threat with their elite set of wing players. Horford would best be suited at PF, and Curry would be a good compliment.

    Why for NY? Expiring contract in Zaza, and Speedy expires in 2010. Zaza is actually a rugged banger in the paint. He's as young as Curry too.

    or


    Stackhouse
    Jones or Barea

    for Curry

    Dallas needs a post scoring center since Dirk scores from the perimeter.
    Barea would be a nice young pass first PG for us in the future.


    or

    Blount

    for

    Curry

    Miami needs a legit starting center, New York needs a contract that expires in 2010.


    or

    Curry

    for

    Darko

    Darko expires in 2010 and is one of the best shot blockers in the league. 7 Foot prospect with a lot of skill. Memphis needs scoring in the paint and go to guy.

  2. #2
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I like your list, metrocard, but don't forget to include Jerome James and Quentin Richardson. They've got to go, too. Especially Richardson. He has almost 18 million dollars left on his contract.

    I know this is not going to happen, but here's some trade ideas of how to dump Curry, Randolph, Crawford, Richardson, Jeffries, and James.

    1)Trade Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, and Jared Jeffries to the Phoenix Suns

    for

    Shaquille O'Neal

    We save 17 million dollars that we would've had to give Curry and Jeffries in 2011(Curry has the option to opt out in 2010, but he's not stupid enough to actually do that).

    Shaq is old, but he's still a better defender and rebounder than Curry.

    Curry is young, and the Suns organization had interest in Curry, at the beginning of the 07-08 season.

    2)Trade Jamal Crawford and Mardy Collins to the Minnesota Timberwolves

    for

    Rashad McCants, Corey Brewer, Mark Madsen, and a
    2009 first round pick(that was acquired from the Celtics)

    The Knicks get a decent shooting guard(Rashad McCants) a young player(Corey Brewer) cap space, and a draft pick.

    The Timberwolves redeem themselves after trading OJ Mayo, and they have a lineup of Randy Foye, Jamal Crawford, Mike Miller, Ryan Gomes or Kevin Love, and Al Jefferson.

    3)Trade Zach Randolph to the Houston Rockets

    for

    Mike Harris, Steve Francis, Chuck Hayes, Bobby Jackson, and a 2009 second round pick

    4) Buyout Jerome James

  3. #3
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    LOL shaq on the Knicks...

  4. #4
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    LOL shaq on the Knicks...
    It's better than having Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, and Jared Jeffries on the Knicks. lol

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Metrocard,

    Cleveland trade would be great and works out for both teams, unless Cleveland believes they can keep Lebron and get under the cap before 2010 to sign another superstar....

    As far as the hawks, I do not think they would go for this trade especially since their athleticsm seems to be there strength (taking boston to 7 games). Curry isn't that kind of guy.

    abcd,

    Trade 1) I do not think Mike will warm up to the idea with shaq to the knicks. And I doubt the suns would make such a trade. Its unrealistic.

    No team in the NBA will take Q w/ anyone on our team.

    Trade 2) The T-wolves got rid of Jaric I doubt they would want Crawford, especially to give up young talent for him.

    Trade 3) We are giving Zach away for nothing...

    I agree with buying out James. I read they are pushing for him to retire due to medical conditions. That way knicks can put in an appeal so his salary doesn't count towards our cap. I have a feeling that James is going to be stubborn and not retire or accept any buyout. We may have to cut him to make room on our roster.

    Now if we did all of those proposed trades we would have too many players on our roster. If we did only trade two and three we would have too many players on our roster.

  6. #6
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by jeckomaru
    Metrocard,

    Cleveland trade would be great and works out for both teams, unless Cleveland believes they can keep Lebron and get under the cap before 2010 to sign another superstar....

    As far as the hawks, I do not think they would go for this trade especially since their athleticsm seems to be there strength (taking boston to 7 games). Curry isn't that kind of guy.

    abcd,

    Trade 1) I do not think Mike will warm up to the idea with shaq to the knicks. And I doubt the suns would make such a trade. Its unrealistic.

    No team in the NBA will take Q w/ anyone on our team.

    Trade 2) The T-wolves got rid of Jaric I doubt they would want Crawford, especially to give up young talent for him.

    Trade 3) We are giving Zach away for nothing...

    I agree with buying out James. I read they are pushing for him to retire due to medical conditions. That way knicks can put in an appeal so his salary doesn't count towards our cap. I have a feeling that James is going to be stubborn and not retire or accept any buyout. We may have to cut him to make room on our roster.

    Now if we did all of those proposed trades we would have too many players on our roster. If we did only trade two and three we would have too many players on our roster.
    1) The trade is very realistic. The Suns got embarrassed in this year's playoffs, and Curry is about 10 years younger than Shaq. The Suns aren't known for their defense, so Curry's lack of defense won't hurt them as much. Jared Jeffries is actually a decent role player. He's just overpaid, and he's not good enough to help a team as bad as the Knicks, because his offense stinks. The Suns are established enough to make good use with Jeffries.

    Corey Brewer is a bust, in case you didn't know. He's had a horrible rookie season. Rashad McCants isn't as good as Jamal Crawford. I don't even have to bring up Mark Madsen. The Timberwolves have 3 first round picks for next year, and we would be taking their least valued pick(one from the Celtics).
    Mardy Collins is an expiring contract, and he might play well for the T'Wolves.

    Also, did you hear about the trade Kevin Mcfail did with the Grizzlies? After a trade like that, I don't see why they wouldn't want Crawford.

    I like Zach Randolph, but that trade would give the Knicks capspace and a draft pick that they lost, as part of the Curry trade. I agree that we probably could get more for Randolph, but I think it's a reasonable trade.

    Jerome James should get bought out, because he's too old and too out of shape to contribute to the Knicks in a positive way.

    Metrocard's trades work fine, too.

    You're criticizing these trades from a fan's perspective, and not from a GM's perspective .

    We all know Crawford is not a superstar, but his 20 points and 5 assists make him look like that, in the eyes of a dumb GM.

    Shaq is old, and Curry adds youth to the Suns. He would be playing alongside the young Amare Stoudamire, too.

    We could get more in a trade for Randolph, but the Rockets would probably agree to that trade, whether we asked for a 2009 first round pick, or a 2009 second round pick.

    Buying out Jerome James is very reasonable.

  7. #7
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Psh...hey I'd take an aging hall of famer any day over those 3 bums.

  8. #8
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Akamu
    Psh...hey I'd take an aging hall of famer any day over those 3 bums.
    The Suns would probably accept that trade I proposed, but Donnie Walsh probably isn't going to think of making that offer.

  9. #9
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    The Suns would probably accept that trade I proposed, but Donnie Walsh probably isn't going to think of making that offer.
    You know ABCD, I always go to the threads you post in because you always make sense, and provide evidence/explanation. I agree with that, I think Donnie will be picky. But when the right move comes, being picky is a good thing for us. I would rather wait for great than settle for less, I mean come on, we are the NEW YORK KNICKS!

  10. #10
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    You know ABCD, I always go to the threads you post in because you always make sense, and provide evidence/explanation. I agree with that, I think Donnie will be picky. But when the right move comes, being picky is a good thing for us. I would rather wait for great than settle for less, I mean come on, we are the NEW YORK KNICKS!
    Thanks, I try to use relevant facts, when I make my posts. I hope Donnie Walsh decides to trade some of these large contracts on our team. I respect that he's being picky, because teams are going to try and bully us around in trades, like they've been doing for the last 5 seasons, since Isiah Thomas came to the Knicks. If he tells teams no enough times, they'll start offering us real talent, or at least some draft picks and expiring contracts. You're a good poster, too. At first, some of your comments were a bit crazy, but you make a lot more sense now. You're one of the better posters on knicksonline.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    abcd,

    You quoted me; however, you avoided my points on why I disagreed with your trade. You never mentioned Q. You never mentioned Jaric. You never mentioned the extra men on our roster. Which were pretty much my main points.

  12. #12
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard

    Curry

    for

    Darko

    Darko expires in 2010 and is one of the best shot blockers in the league. 7 Foot prospect with a lot of skill. Memphis needs scoring in the paint and go to guy.
    I approve this trade.

  13. #13
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Well I would love to dump Jefferies in the process, but right now my two immediate contracts to dump is Zach and Jamal.

    I've been proposing this trade all Summer to The Cavs, and I think it is a solid deal for both teams. I think what we get in return is enough to keep us competetive until it's time to land a major free agent. My preference is Joe Johnson

    To me Q's contract isnt an big need because next year is the last year on it, making a nice trade chip. Jerome James is a goner however you slice it, so including him in a package would cost us a draft pick that a team would be willing to give us if they didnt have to take him.

    Once again not to say Jamal and Zach can't play but I look at them as complentary players who can take a team on the cusp to the next level, but I don't see them as the type of players who you build around.

  14. #14
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by jeckomaru
    abcd,

    You quoted me; however, you avoided my points on why I disagreed with your trade. You never mentioned Q. You never mentioned Jaric. You never mentioned the extra men on our roster. Which were pretty much my main points.
    Quentin Richardson's contract expires in 2010. I don't see why they would mind taking him, if it means having a 25 year old Center(Eddy Curry) playing alongside a 25 year old power forward(Amare Stoudamire). Marko Jaric is not as good as Jamal Crawford. I know Crawford's a flawed player, but damn. Jaric is a bust. lol They got rid of Jaric, because he didn't show much improvement, while he was on the Timberwolves. Crawford has shown improvement on the Knicks, when it comes to his points per game and assist stats. Also, his 20 points and 5 assists for 8 million dollars makes him more appealing than a lot of the other NBA players who make the same amount of money for less production.

  15. #15
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    I approve this trade.

Similar Threads

  1. can eddie and zach mix?
    By insomniac in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: Nov 25, 2008, 21:19
  2. Isiah just needs a lineup change.
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Dec 13, 2007, 21:33
  3. Replies: 90
    Last Post: Nov 09, 2007, 17:43
  4. In Fairness to Last Season
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: Sep 27, 2007, 15:11
  5. Is Zack Randolph the answer?
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: Aug 11, 2007, 09:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •