L.A. Clipper-Knicks trade talk unfinished.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9466

Now that the free agent market is dried up the Clippers are desperately looking to fill the void left by Elton Brand and have promised Barron Davis that they will get him help. Although the Knicks turned down the Clippers first deal, reports indicate that the Clippers are persistently going after Randolph. Knicks have asked for Eric Gordon in any trade package for Randolph. There is a realistic possibility that the Clippers will bite if Lee is included in the trade.

Looks like waiting was a smart move by Donnie. Give the man credit. If we get Gordon waive by to Crawford.

Donnie's a genius if he can pull this off. Keeping the Knicks competitive and cutting salary seemed nearly impossible but it may work out.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I don't like the idea of trading Lee. To start the run-and-gun offense you need to be able to rebound the ball and start it with a good outlet pass. Lee is excellent at both of these. Plus, Lee would be very good at running in the fastbreak/transition offense. I would be very disappointed if Lee is used just to get rid of Randolph. I would take the first offer from the Clippers (2nd round pick) over the Lee, Randolph for Eric Gordon offer. We need rebounders, not another SG in a PG's body. We already have two of those.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Hmmm....But what would any team need with two PF's? That deal makes even less sense when you take into consideration the Clips have Al Thorton! David Lee and Crawford will get us Eric Gordon for sure and could be done straight up, but unless their are numerous teams chasing Zach I would consider moving him before anyone.

Good Find on the article!

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
I wonder if we could do sumthin lyke crawford, Randolph and Balkman 4 Eric Gordon and Al Thornton and a 1st round pick.

I kno it iz a lil crazy im jus hopeful!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Hmmm....But what would any team need with two PF's? That deal makes even less sense when you take into consideration the Clips have Al Thorton! David Lee and Crawford will get us Eric Gordon for sure and could be done straight up, but unless their are numerous teams chasing Zach I would consider moving him before anyone.

Good Find on the article!

David Lee and Crawford for Eric Gordon would be the worst trade. We would essentailly be giving up our 2 best players for a shorter version of Crawford. Eric Gordon will forever be a liability at the SG position. He can't play the point, so he will always be used as a bench player to bring immediate offense.

Lee and Randolph for Gordon and a 2nd round pick is an awful trade as well. Giving up 2 double/double guys for an undersized SG that hasn't proven anything yet. Awful.

moneyg

Starter
i would not include lee with any zach trades. my first question is....who will play pf for us????

id trade zach for gordon for sure....but including lee is plain foolish. id see if the kings would like lee for artest though. he is worth it :smokin:

moneyg

Starter
What about Randolph for DeAndre Jordon? We need potential shot blockers.

id do that for sure ....id take either jordon or gordon.

I still do not why anybody wants to get rid of crawford so fast he averaged 20 and 5 last season and will be better playin now than in isaih bullshit system:smokin:

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
let's think long term and be smart about it... in dwalsh's tenure in indy... he was praised because he rebuilt without losing that competitive edge... drafting reggie... trading for jackson (twice) and workman, the davis'... then adding jalen rose... then trading for artest and o'neill... if not for the malice indy mighta won one... they were the favorites to dethrone detroit that year since everyone was finally healthy... artest is a no since donnie had his fill of him in indy... everyone appalled and offended and thinking these hypothetical trades won't work need to stfu... since the only reason he left indy was cuz larry bird wanted him to start taking players he didn't approve of and hire coaches he wasn't fully behind... indy ownership started trusting bird's judgment moreso than dwalsh's 16 years of experience... in NY... he will get the chance to create a champion... even if we do get under cap... he wants to make sure we don't have all our proverbial eggs in the lebron basket... we may have a better shot at bosh or wade... or maybe chris paul in 2011... we won't be alone in the race and jersey will have the jay z collection and good young core to build around/broker with... we can't be all about dumping salary cuz then we'd be no better than CLE... we need to have the best situation for lebron to succeed... young, athletic players capable of knocking down open shots/creating their own against fewer defenders... a capable point and a post threat... jersey is set in all those catagories and their frontcourt defense will be deadly by the time he's ready to come over... we can't compete with diddly shit and money... that's why he's leaving cle...

metrocard

Legend
parag.jpg

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
David Lee and Zach Randolph for Eric Gordon is a bad move. If the Knicks trade both of their powerforwards, they will have to start either Malik Rose or Danilo Gallinari. Gallinari isn't a true power forward, because he doesn't post up and he doesn't play defense, and Malik Rose is too old to be getting major minutes. I know Gordon has a lot of hype around him, but he just isn't worth two proven double double power forwards.

NYKnicks15

Starter
its going to be revisited and will hopefully stay in the realm of possibility BUT we cant bust their balls too too much or well be regretting it. heres why.. all they have to do is sign Andre Iguodala, Josh Smith or Emeka Okafor for the same price or less and call it a day. simple as that. thats why i dont think well be able to get Eric Gordon. id wait until they offer a 1st rounder.

if not that, then id take DeAndre Jordan and a 2nd rounder. heres how i look at it. we are dumping a contract that we NEED to get rid of. the clippers and knicks have been in contact even before the draft when they wanted Jamal Crawford maybe a deal with Zach/Jamal for 2nd rounder & Eric Gordon is possible but id jump on a deal that sends out zach with no take back in contract or player thatll clog our depth chart.

other teams might become more interested once zach plays in mikes system.. BUT why wait that long? why go on guesses? why mess up the small possibility of chemistry. just ship him out.

zach randolph will be a clipper.

yea i agree...david lee is a good player and i think he can do well in datoni's offense. i thinks lee should be a starter because we all kno wat he can do. zach randolph needs to be traded because it seems like he is the only one on the team dat isnt really training as hard as others on the team.

Paul1355

All Star
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9466

Now that the free agent market is dried up the Clippers are desperately looking to fill the void left by Elton Brand and have promised Barron Davis that they will get him help. Although the Knicks turned down the Clippers first deal, reports indicate that the Clippers are persistently going after Randolph. Knicks have asked for Eric Gordon in any trade package for Randolph. There is a realistic possibility that the Clippers will bite if Lee is included in the trade.

Looks like waiting was a smart move by Donnie. Give the man credit. If we get Gordon waive by to Crawford.

Donnie's a genius if he can pull this off. Keeping the Knicks competitive and cutting salary seemed nearly impossible but it may work out.

I'd do it if we through in Balkman or Collins if they dont bight idk maybe Nate but i liek Nate but D'Antoni doesnt feel he's a true point guard so might as well throw him in if they dont like Balkman or Collins...We need Lee to start at that PF spot.

I think we are jumping the gun here, dont get too amped up over proposed trades right now, I truly dont believe walsh is as predictable as we are making him out to be. I mean we might think that the don will end up killing some one for not doing him a favor, when unexpectedly the clippers front office might wind up having the head of their favorite horse laying at the foot of their bed tomorrow morning. Randloph will be traded, probably to the clippers, and it might turn out to be randolph and lee packaged for Al thort, instead of gordon. that way the whole power foward thing doesnt become a problem. im actually excited by this. Lee put up great hustle numbers on a team where no one else hustled. So who knows, if eddy curry was a real center, Lee would be a decent back up PF not an up and coming star PF. think about it.....

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I think we are jumping the gun here, dont get too amped up over proposed trades right now, I truly dont believe walsh is as predictable as we are making him out to be. I mean we might think that the don will end up killing some one for not doing him a favor, when unexpectedly the clippers front office might wind up having the head of their favorite horse laying at the foot of their bed tomorrow morning. Randloph will be traded, probably to the clippers, and it might turn out to be randolph and lee packaged for Al thort, instead of gordon. that way the whole power foward thing doesnt become a problem. im actually excited by this. Lee put up great hustle numbers on a team where no one else hustled. So who knows, if eddy curry was a real center, Lee would be a decent back up PF not an up and coming star PF. think about it.....

Cosign. Good post. Welcome to the site. We need more quality posters on the site.