• Im a haterbury

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I voted Team Stabury til I die. Marbury is going to dominate this year, regardless of where he plays. If Marbury gets bought out, I hope he goes to the Celtics, so that he could make all the haters wish we still had Marbury.

2x All Star Marbury, 8x All Star Allen, 6x All Star Pierce, and 10x All Star Garnett = dynasty

That lineup looks like an All Star team-literally.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Im sorry to see you feel that way don. It sounds to me like you about to snitch. If i get in trouble for no reason ill know who snitched on me. Stop being sensitive....laugh it off and go to the next thread. Theres alotta people out there who have unfair opinions about marbury...which is why i call them haterburys. Anyone who concludes anything about Marbury "leaving the team" is automatically a haterbury. We dont know enough details to conclude anything from that situation. Anyone who blames are losing on marbury is also a haterbury. He does get payed the most but since we got curry hes been the "franchise" player. Its not marburys fault that isiah is too dumb to run the team through him. Marbury tried his best to respect isiahs demands...curry might never average 19.5 ppg for a year again. I think that says something about marburys unselfishness. So their are reasons to have a word like "haterbury." I have no need to watch myself...i think you need to watch yourself and make sure you dont snitch on anyone. If i get a warning or anything im gonna call you don snitch from now on.

Let me make my self clear in case I've come off wrong. I'm not a rat but this site has been out of control for the past few months and a lot of us are to blame for it. I'll be the first to admit that I have contributed to the problem. It use to be amusing to see the back and fourth but it's gone a too far. We should be able to disagree and even argue, but when arguments are waged with no content other than personal attacks, there's a problem.

Any one that says Marbury has no talent is an idiot. Lack of talent has never been his issue. Lack of leadership and good sense have been his issues. Regardless on how you feel about him it doesn't make you a hater if you think he may not be here come the beginning of the season. I've said repeatedly that Steph at the two makes the most since to me. Move Randolph/Crawford for some spot up shooters and shot blockers, but that may not happen if Walsh/D'Antoni have more faith in Crawford.

New New York

Quiet Storm
The end all be all of Steph discussions!

I voted Team Stabury til I die. Marbury is going to dominate this year, regardless of where he plays. If Marbury gets bought out, I hope he goes to the Celtics, so that he could make all the haters wish we still had Marbury.

2x All Star Marbury, 8x All Star Allen, 6x All Star Pierce, and 10x All Star Garnett = dynasty

That lineup looks like an All Star team-literally.

So does this mean you'll be a Celtic fan!?

If he joins the C's I'll have no choice but to dislike him! Garnett was one of my favorite players in the League, and I used to always argue how underatted Ray Allen was.....until they became Celtics and were beating the hell out of The Knicks!

So if Steph joins them as a Knick fan I have to hope that they falter like the Lakers when they had Malone, Shaq, GP, and Kobe. Because honestly as much as yall like Steph, how could you even want to envision the Celtics being a Dynasty? That would honestly only make the Knicks look bad. so F any current player going to another team and winning mutiple championships! Look they could bring Pat out of retirement to get him his ring and I still will hate them!

Sorry I have to say this....Steph is one single player on this team, it is cool to have him as your favorite player, and honestly as good as he can be I see why. But I have never understood why some people seem to like him more than the Knicks! It's almost like you would want to see him do well just to rub it in the face of frustrated fans and management! Donnie Walsh said it best when he said no one looks good when a team is losing, and so for that reason it is easy to notice the bad shots that Jamal Crawford takes, or Eddy and Zach's lack of D, Q's streaky play and yes Steph's shortcomings (sorry Team Marbury he does have flaws!). So when people are critical of him it's because the team is losing, and I know I get aggy with every player on this team as most of us do. But for some reason it has become a crime on this Forum to mention anything wrong about Steph!

Lets just air the whole damn team out!

Jamal: No D and horrible shot selection
Q: Only player that actually goes on hot steaks and slumps that last the whole season! Was playing too heavy last year
Zach: No D and has the longest/worst contract on team
Eddy: Has never been in shape as a Knick, probably the worst Defensive Center in the league. And probably the worst Defending Center in Franchise history
Nate: Bad Shot selection at times, a very undersized SG, still hasnt learned the point
David Lee: No perimeter game
Mardy: Cant hit a Jumper or Free throw to save his life
Renaldo: No Offense at all
Jerome James: Too much to say
Wilson Chandler: Still has much to learn (best I can come up with for him)
Steph: Head case, who doesnt always play D

The point again to that little excercise is to show that there are things to be said about every player on this roster, and that Steph is not the only one who catches it. Now ofcouse in attempt to save his own ass Isiah did try to put the blame all on him and maybe some dumb fans took that bait, but most smart Knicks fans know two things

1. There is no way that you can put all the blame on Steph
2. There is not way that you can not put any blame on Steph!

Buck fans question Micheal Redd's leadership and he average plus twenty last year and is on Team USA! Why, because they were a losing team! When Kobe was putting up crazy numbers and his teams were not advancing in the playoffs he caught havoc from the media. So as the best player on the team Steph will endure heavy criticism during losing. That's just the nature of the beast!

So honestly there is no need to rally behind him with a "Team Marbury" support group; like the age old sports mantra states, "Winning cures all".

Last edited:

KologeroBx

Benchwarmer
If You're Actually At Home During Knicks Summer League Games AND You Make A Little Online "Marbury Gangs" You Need To Reevaluate Your Life.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I guess I'm completely missing the point why this is all relevant?

We are knick fans, because the knicks are a team and NOT JUST Marbury. Marbury is part of the team so we will all cheer for him. We will all cheer for all knicks, except maybe Jerome James =).

If you are part of team starbury and he does well you will all tell the haterburys I told you so. If he does bad you will make excuses how he didn't perform well.

If you are a haterbury and he does well you will probably cheer for him. If he doesn't you will tell the others I told you so.

This is the simple fact is we have done horrible for the past few seasons and Marbury has been a part of the team and matter in fact a leader. F*** the excuses and stats that is what has happened.

On the other hand, I'm glad Marbury has found Jesus. I am glad he says he wants to play and win. I will continue to believe him because he has given me enough to believe that he is trying to improve.

So, I am a knick fan, not apart of team starbury, but I am not a hater. Why can't we all be that?

Toons

is the Bo$$
lmao...the official head count thread???? *in flava flav voice* wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.....is it really that serious?? a bunch of men just hugging the nuts of anothe rman......not...coool

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
I guess I'm completely missing the point why this is all relevant?

We are knick fans, because the knicks are a team and NOT JUST Marbury. Marbury is part of the team so we will all cheer for him. We will all cheer for all knicks, except maybe Jerome James =).

If you are part of team starbury and he does well you will all tell the haterburys I told you so. If he does bad you will make excuses how he didn't perform well.

If you are a haterbury and he does well you will probably cheer for him. If he doesn't you will tell the others I told you so.

This is the simple fact is we have done horrible for the past few seasons and Marbury has been a part of the team and matter in fact a leader. F*** the excuses and stats that is what has happened.

On the other hand, I'm glad Marbury has found Jesus. I am glad he says he wants to play and win. I will continue to believe him because he has given me enough to believe that he is trying to improve.

So, I am a knick fan, not apart of team starbury, but I am not a hater. Why can't we all be that?
i respect dat. my interpreration iz dat Team Starbury iz all da people who support Steph and any1 who wants him 2 stay.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
If he joins the C's I'll have no choice but to dislike him! Garnett was one of my favorite players in the League, and I used to always argue how underatted Ray Allen was.....until they became Celtics and were beating the hell out of The Knicks!
quote]
I hate the Celtics, but if Marbury goes there, I hope they can at least make it passed the first round of the playoffs, so that all the haters could get shut down. The only team I like is the Knicks. I like the Hawks a little, but the Knicks is by far my favorite team. I've been watching the Liberty, since there's no more NBA basketball, except for the Summer League. Their team is actually good. They usually make the playoffs. Marbury went to one of their playoff games last year. They won that game, I think.

jimkcchief88

All Star

So if Steph joins them as a Knick fan I have to hope that they falter like the Lakers when they had Malone, Shaq, GP, and Kobe. Because honestly as much as yall like Steph, how could you even want to envision the Celtics being a Dynasty? That would honestly only make the Knicks look bad. so F any current player going to another team and winning mutiple championships! Look they could bring Pat out of retirement to get him his ring and I still will hate them!

Sorry I have to say this....Steph is one single player on this team, it is cool to have him as your favorite player, and honestly as good as he can be I see why. But I have never understood why some people seem to like him more than the Knicks! It's almost like you would want to see him do well just to rub it in the face of frustrated fans and management! Donnie Walsh said it best when he said no one looks good when a team is losing, and so for that reason it is easy to notice the bad shots that Jamal Crawford takes, or Eddy and Zach's lack of D, Q's streaky play and yes Steph's shortcomings (sorry Team Marbury he does have flaws!). So when people are critical of him it's because the team is losing, and I know I get aggy with every player on this team as most of us do. But for some reason it has become a crime on this Forum to mention anything wrong about Steph!

Lets just air the whole damn team out!

Jamal: No D and horrible shot selection
Q: Only player that actually goes on hot steaks and slumps that last the whole season! Was playing too heavy last year
Zach: No D and has the longest/worst contract on team
Eddy: Has never been in shape as a Knick, probably the worst Defensive Center in the league. And probably the worst Defending Center in Franchise history
Nate: Bad Shot selection at times, a very undersized SG, still hasnt learned the point
David Lee: No perimeter game
Mardy: Cant hit a Jumper or Free throw to save his life
Renaldo: No Offense at all
Jerome James: Too much to say
Wilson Chandler: Still has much to learn (best I can come up with for him)
Steph: Head case, who doesnt always play D

The point again to that little excercise is to show that there are things to be said about every player on this roster, and that Steph is not the only one who catches it. Now ofcouse in attempt to save his own ass Isiah did try to put the blame all on him and maybe some dumb fans took that bait, but most smart Knicks fans know two things

1. There is no way that you can put all the blame on Steph
2. There is not way that you can not put any blame on Steph!

Buck fans question Micheal Redd's leadership and he average plus twenty last year and is on Team USA! Why, because they were a losing team! When Kobe was putting up crazy numbers and his teams were not advancing in the playoffs he caught havoc from the media. So as the best player on the team Steph will endure heavy criticism during losing. That's just the nature of the beast!

So honestly there is no need to rally behind him with a "Team Marbury" support group; like the age old sports mantra states, "Winning cures all".

As good a post as you would ever want to read. Pretty much sums it up. The only thing I can add is its amusing to pick a guy that hasn't won anything on any major level, has no heart, and is grossly overpaid to be your sports hero. Oh yea, I'm hating. I mean throw up all the stats you want. What is Stephs legacy gonna be??? Selling cheap shoes and getting lots of tattoos. Unless the he leads the Knicks to a championship this year that is Stephs legacy. Its a shame that with all the true sports heroes out there that Steph is the pick here but to each his own. Sports heroes are there to inspire you so when you are having a tough time in your everyday life, you can look at those winners and thier habits and emulate them. Guys like Jerry Rice who without being the fastest but outworked everybody to be the greatest reciever of all time or Josh Hamilton who overcame drug addiction to hit 28 home runs in the home run derby. You figure if those guys can do it, I can do it. What does Steph inspire you to do??? Get tattoos and quit on people that were depending on you to lead them to the promised land??? So yea I'm hating worse than Bucknasty. Hate, Hate, Hate, Hate......