View Poll Results: Are you part of Team Starbury?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Starbury til I die

    14 63.64%
  • Im a haterbury

    3 13.64%
  • None of the above

    5 22.73%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: Official Team Starbury Head Count

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Look out Starbury Fans

    Under-the-gun Stephon Marbury Stephon Marbury , sporting his new head tattoo of his Starbury 3 logo, sat on Knicks bench in dark shades, looking unworried. But a reporter from Italy told D'Antoni in Italian he liked Marbury and the Knicks coach laughed and retorted in Italian, "You like Marbury?"

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

    This doesn't look good. I don't want him bought out.If they can't trade him now and if they don't want him to play send him home 'till the trade deadline.If no deal is made by then,then by all means buy him out.

  2. #17
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I am one the people who voted neither!

    If Steph is a Knick next year I hope he is an All Star, All NBA First teamer, and League MVP canidate. If not I'll care as much about him as I do any other player not on the Knicks!

    I really do hope he gets a shot at redeeming himself, but if not you gotta believe Donnie had his reasons to cut him!

  3. #18
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    LJ4ptplay...ill still find ways to bring up marbury even if he does get bought out
    lol. That is one of the most awesome things I've ever heard.

  4. #19
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    lol @ ppl actually voting being a hater

  5. #20
    Member Shaunyboy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    u dont jus tell a playa wit marbury's skill 2 jus go home! dats n isaiah move. waltoni beta not do dat!

  6. #21
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I voted Team Stabury til I die. Marbury is going to dominate this year, regardless of where he plays. If Marbury gets bought out, I hope he goes to the Celtics, so that he could make all the haters wish we still had Marbury.

    2x All Star Marbury, 8x All Star Allen, 6x All Star Pierce, and 10x All Star Garnett = dynasty

    That lineup looks like an All Star team-literally.

  7. #22
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Im sorry to see you feel that way don. It sounds to me like you about to snitch. If i get in trouble for no reason ill know who snitched on me. Stop being sensitive....laugh it off and go to the next thread. Theres alotta people out there who have unfair opinions about marbury...which is why i call them haterburys. Anyone who concludes anything about Marbury "leaving the team" is automatically a haterbury. We dont know enough details to conclude anything from that situation. Anyone who blames are losing on marbury is also a haterbury. He does get payed the most but since we got curry hes been the "franchise" player. Its not marburys fault that isiah is too dumb to run the team through him. Marbury tried his best to respect isiahs demands...curry might never average 19.5 ppg for a year again. I think that says something about marburys unselfishness. So their are reasons to have a word like "haterbury." I have no need to watch myself...i think you need to watch yourself and make sure you dont snitch on anyone. If i get a warning or anything im gonna call you don snitch from now on.
    Let me make my self clear in case I've come off wrong. I'm not a rat but this site has been out of control for the past few months and a lot of us are to blame for it. I'll be the first to admit that I have contributed to the problem. It use to be amusing to see the back and fourth but it's gone a too far. We should be able to disagree and even argue, but when arguments are waged with no content other than personal attacks, there's a problem.

    Any one that says Marbury has no talent is an idiot. Lack of talent has never been his issue. Lack of leadership and good sense have been his issues. Regardless on how you feel about him it doesn't make you a hater if you think he may not be here come the beginning of the season. I've said repeatedly that Steph at the two makes the most since to me. Move Randolph/Crawford for some spot up shooters and shot blockers, but that may not happen if Walsh/D'Antoni have more faith in Crawford.

  8. #23
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default The end all be all of Steph discussions!

    Originally Posted by abcd
    I voted Team Stabury til I die. Marbury is going to dominate this year, regardless of where he plays. If Marbury gets bought out, I hope he goes to the Celtics, so that he could make all the haters wish we still had Marbury.

    2x All Star Marbury, 8x All Star Allen, 6x All Star Pierce, and 10x All Star Garnett = dynasty

    That lineup looks like an All Star team-literally.
    So does this mean you'll be a Celtic fan!?

    If he joins the C's I'll have no choice but to dislike him! Garnett was one of my favorite players in the League, and I used to always argue how underatted Ray Allen was.....until they became Celtics and were beating the hell out of The Knicks!

    So if Steph joins them as a Knick fan I have to hope that they falter like the Lakers when they had Malone, Shaq, GP, and Kobe. Because honestly as much as yall like Steph, how could you even want to envision the Celtics being a Dynasty? That would honestly only make the Knicks look bad. so F any current player going to another team and winning mutiple championships! Look they could bring Pat out of retirement to get him his ring and I still will hate them!

    Sorry I have to say this....Steph is one single player on this team, it is cool to have him as your favorite player, and honestly as good as he can be I see why. But I have never understood why some people seem to like him more than the Knicks! It's almost like you would want to see him do well just to rub it in the face of frustrated fans and management! Donnie Walsh said it best when he said no one looks good when a team is losing, and so for that reason it is easy to notice the bad shots that Jamal Crawford takes, or Eddy and Zach's lack of D, Q's streaky play and yes Steph's shortcomings (sorry Team Marbury he does have flaws!). So when people are critical of him it's because the team is losing, and I know I get aggy with every player on this team as most of us do. But for some reason it has become a crime on this Forum to mention anything wrong about Steph!

    Lets just air the whole damn team out!

    Jamal: No D and horrible shot selection
    Q: Only player that actually goes on hot steaks and slumps that last the whole season! Was playing too heavy last year
    Zach: No D and has the longest/worst contract on team
    Eddy: Has never been in shape as a Knick, probably the worst Defensive Center in the league. And probably the worst Defending Center in Franchise history
    Nate: Bad Shot selection at times, a very undersized SG, still hasnt learned the point
    David Lee: No perimeter game
    Mardy: Cant hit a Jumper or Free throw to save his life
    Renaldo: No Offense at all
    Jerome James: Too much to say
    Wilson Chandler: Still has much to learn (best I can come up with for him)
    Steph: Head case, who doesnt always play D

    The point again to that little excercise is to show that there are things to be said about every player on this roster, and that Steph is not the only one who catches it. Now ofcouse in attempt to save his own ass Isiah did try to put the blame all on him and maybe some dumb fans took that bait, but most smart Knicks fans know two things

    1. There is no way that you can put all the blame on Steph
    2. There is not way that you can not put any blame on Steph!

    Buck fans question Micheal Redd's leadership and he average plus twenty last year and is on Team USA! Why, because they were a losing team! When Kobe was putting up crazy numbers and his teams were not advancing in the playoffs he caught havoc from the media. So as the best player on the team Steph will endure heavy criticism during losing. That's just the nature of the beast!

    So honestly there is no need to rally behind him with a "Team Marbury" support group; like the age old sports mantra states, "Winning cures all".
    Last edited by New New York; Jul 15, 2008 at 23:57.

  9. #24
    Member KologeroBx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Bang Bang Boogie
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If You're Actually At Home During Knicks Summer League Games AND You Make A Little Online "Marbury Gangs" You Need To Reevaluate Your Life.

  10. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I guess I'm completely missing the point why this is all relevant?

    We are knick fans, because the knicks are a team and NOT JUST Marbury. Marbury is part of the team so we will all cheer for him. We will all cheer for all knicks, except maybe Jerome James =).

    If you are part of team starbury and he does well you will all tell the haterburys I told you so. If he does bad you will make excuses how he didn't perform well.

    If you are a haterbury and he does well you will probably cheer for him. If he doesn't you will tell the others I told you so.

    This is the simple fact is we have done horrible for the past few seasons and Marbury has been a part of the team and matter in fact a leader. F*** the excuses and stats that is what has happened.

    On the other hand, I'm glad Marbury has found Jesus. I am glad he says he wants to play and win. I will continue to believe him because he has given me enough to believe that he is trying to improve.

    So, I am a knick fan, not apart of team starbury, but I am not a hater. Why can't we all be that?

  11. #26
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    lmao...the official head count thread???? *in flava flav voice* wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.....is it really that serious?? a bunch of men just hugging the nuts of anothe rman......not...coool

  12. #27
    Member Shaunyboy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by jeckomaru
    I guess I'm completely missing the point why this is all relevant?

    We are knick fans, because the knicks are a team and NOT JUST Marbury. Marbury is part of the team so we will all cheer for him. We will all cheer for all knicks, except maybe Jerome James =).

    If you are part of team starbury and he does well you will all tell the haterburys I told you so. If he does bad you will make excuses how he didn't perform well.

    If you are a haterbury and he does well you will probably cheer for him. If he doesn't you will tell the others I told you so.

    This is the simple fact is we have done horrible for the past few seasons and Marbury has been a part of the team and matter in fact a leader. F*** the excuses and stats that is what has happened.

    On the other hand, I'm glad Marbury has found Jesus. I am glad he says he wants to play and win. I will continue to believe him because he has given me enough to believe that he is trying to improve.

    So, I am a knick fan, not apart of team starbury, but I am not a hater. Why can't we all be that?
    i respect dat. my interpreration iz dat Team Starbury iz all da people who support Steph and any1 who wants him 2 stay.

  13. #28
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    [quote=New New York;60968]So does this mean you'll be a Celtic fan!?
    If he joins the C's I'll have no choice but to dislike him! Garnett was one of my favorite players in the League, and I used to always argue how underatted Ray Allen was.....until they became Celtics and were beating the hell out of The Knicks!
    quote]
    I hate the Celtics, but if Marbury goes there, I hope they can at least make it passed the first round of the playoffs, so that all the haters could get shut down. The only team I like is the Knicks. I like the Hawks a little, but the Knicks is by far my favorite team. I've been watching the Liberty, since there's no more NBA basketball, except for the Summer League. Their team is actually good. They usually make the playoffs. Marbury went to one of their playoff games last year. They won that game, I think.

  14. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,047
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    So does this mean you'll be a Celtic fan!?

    If he joins the C's I'll have no choice but to dislike him! Garnett was one of my favorite players in the League, and I used to always argue how underatted Ray Allen was.....until they became Celtics and were beating the hell out of The Knicks!

    So if Steph joins them as a Knick fan I have to hope that they falter like the Lakers when they had Malone, Shaq, GP, and Kobe. Because honestly as much as yall like Steph, how could you even want to envision the Celtics being a Dynasty? That would honestly only make the Knicks look bad. so F any current player going to another team and winning mutiple championships! Look they could bring Pat out of retirement to get him his ring and I still will hate them!

    Sorry I have to say this....Steph is one single player on this team, it is cool to have him as your favorite player, and honestly as good as he can be I see why. But I have never understood why some people seem to like him more than the Knicks! It's almost like you would want to see him do well just to rub it in the face of frustrated fans and management! Donnie Walsh said it best when he said no one looks good when a team is losing, and so for that reason it is easy to notice the bad shots that Jamal Crawford takes, or Eddy and Zach's lack of D, Q's streaky play and yes Steph's shortcomings (sorry Team Marbury he does have flaws!). So when people are critical of him it's because the team is losing, and I know I get aggy with every player on this team as most of us do. But for some reason it has become a crime on this Forum to mention anything wrong about Steph!

    Lets just air the whole damn team out!

    Jamal: No D and horrible shot selection
    Q: Only player that actually goes on hot steaks and slumps that last the whole season! Was playing too heavy last year
    Zach: No D and has the longest/worst contract on team
    Eddy: Has never been in shape as a Knick, probably the worst Defensive Center in the league. And probably the worst Defending Center in Franchise history
    Nate: Bad Shot selection at times, a very undersized SG, still hasnt learned the point
    David Lee: No perimeter game
    Mardy: Cant hit a Jumper or Free throw to save his life
    Renaldo: No Offense at all
    Jerome James: Too much to say
    Wilson Chandler: Still has much to learn (best I can come up with for him)
    Steph: Head case, who doesnt always play D

    The point again to that little excercise is to show that there are things to be said about every player on this roster, and that Steph is not the only one who catches it. Now ofcouse in attempt to save his own ass Isiah did try to put the blame all on him and maybe some dumb fans took that bait, but most smart Knicks fans know two things

    1. There is no way that you can put all the blame on Steph
    2. There is not way that you can not put any blame on Steph!

    Buck fans question Micheal Redd's leadership and he average plus twenty last year and is on Team USA! Why, because they were a losing team! When Kobe was putting up crazy numbers and his teams were not advancing in the playoffs he caught havoc from the media. So as the best player on the team Steph will endure heavy criticism during losing. That's just the nature of the beast!

    So honestly there is no need to rally behind him with a "Team Marbury" support group; like the age old sports mantra states, "Winning cures all".
    As good a post as you would ever want to read. Pretty much sums it up. The only thing I can add is its amusing to pick a guy that hasn't won anything on any major level, has no heart, and is grossly overpaid to be your sports hero. Oh yea, I'm hating. I mean throw up all the stats you want. What is Stephs legacy gonna be??? Selling cheap shoes and getting lots of tattoos. Unless the he leads the Knicks to a championship this year that is Stephs legacy. Its a shame that with all the true sports heroes out there that Steph is the pick here but to each his own. Sports heroes are there to inspire you so when you are having a tough time in your everyday life, you can look at those winners and thier habits and emulate them. Guys like Jerry Rice who without being the fastest but outworked everybody to be the greatest reciever of all time or Josh Hamilton who overcame drug addiction to hit 28 home runs in the home run derby. You figure if those guys can do it, I can do it. What does Steph inspire you to do??? Get tattoos and quit on people that were depending on you to lead them to the promised land??? So yea I'm hating worse than Bucknasty. Hate, Hate, Hate, Hate......

  15. #30
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i'm a marbury fan till death

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 137
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2008, 19:35
  2. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25
  3. LARRY IS AS MUCH TO BLAME AS ISIAH
    By furious lord in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2007, 06:17
  4. Answer to our prayers
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: Nov 16, 2007, 13:33
  5. Jay Williams
    By Skyhi300 in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2005, 13:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •