Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 297

Thread: Explaining Evolution And Why GOD is NOT LIKELY

  1. #151
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    What war has Jehovah's witnesses started, or supported? What politician has Jehovah's witnesses ever help gain office?

    When you say religious fanatics, speak outside of that one. No part of the world are Jehovah's witnesses.



    So you're saying because religion exists, science can't reach it's pinnacle? All america would need, a country founded on religion I might add, is to get rid of all religious influence to get back to scientific dominance? Keep dreaming.

    And why can't you cure it? Jesus did. They did not wear it.. they were relieved of it, totally. Oh my bad, he never existed. But Monkey men did!





    I see. If scientists are strictly for the betterment of mankind, there would not be one single nuclear warhead. Not even one. That would be for the betterment of mankind. But scientists are constantly involved in all the weaponry of today, not just warheads. So while they make great advancements in science that do help mankind, they also play a part in why mankind lives in fear all over the world.

    And about religion being for the betterment of mankind, I will repeat this.
    What war has Jehovah's witnesses started, or supported? What politician has Jehovah's witnesses ever help gain office?

    When you say religious fanatics, speak outside of that one. No part of the world are Jehovah's witnesses.
    You really don't listen to yourself speak do you? You are all Christian's are you not? Just like you are trying to lump in all of scientific achievement wit the creation of nuclear warheads...I too can lump you in with every single evil, vile act, and harm Christianity alone has caused upon society. All of science does not make weapons either.Most warheads have been de-armed if it makes you feel any better. The threat of nuclear war is not going to happen..because of the principle called Mutually Assured Destruction. Maybe you should read up on that...because the moment one nation fires one...there's going to be one going back. Which is why even in a total war situation...it's not going to be used...EVER. Less of some crazy religious **** nut who believes in the end of the world prophecy gets a hold of one.

    Nuclear warheads haven't been used in any war...JUST WOULD LIKE TO POINT THAT OUT. Nuclear warheads serve the purpose mainly for energy production. Mostly the entire US Navy uses nuclear power for propulsion reasons. Nagasaki, Hiroshima those WERE NOT nuclear warheads used in case you dare to bring that up.

    I'm saying religion has already reached it. It's no longer needed. It served to explain concepts which human reasoning and scientific inquiry could not yet do at those times...kind of like a parent which doesn't know when to let people grow up. So it has to create somekind of scheme to keeps people's attention and coming around. The argument over "souls" and "eternal damnation" are what it often uses to gain new followers.

    Jesus did not CURE anything...we still have blind people, people still have leprosy. But to think he cured someone with his urine...is completely asinine.

    If Jesus was so great...how come he didn't escape being killed in the first place?

  2. #152
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    You really don't listen to yourself speak do you? You are all Christian's are you not?
    Jesus said by this all will know you are my disciples (meaning true Christian) If you have love amongst yourselves. He also said, those doing the will of his father are favored by him. By your estimation, do ALL CHRISTIANS have love amongst themselves? Did you know that 24 of the 27 nations at war in ww1, were supposed Christian nations. Christians, killing Christians in effect. Is that showing love amongst themselves?

    He also said not everyone saying to me Lord, Lord will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens. So even Jesus knew that there would be people who claim to be Christian, and those who prove they are by adhering to living how Jehovah says we should.

    SO NO!!! NOT EVERYONE WHO SAYS IM CHRISTIAN IS IN FACT SUCH.


    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Just like you are trying to lump in all of scientific achievement wit the creation of nuclear warheads...I too can lump you in with every single evil, vile act, and harm Christianity alone has caused upon society. All of science does not make weapons either
    No one in the world would ever make me believe personally that EVERY SINGLE SCIENTISTS MAKES WEAPONS. That is an absurd gesture.


    But for you to say science as a whole is for the betterment of mankind, that simply is a fallacy. Just like I well know that every religion saying they are for the betterment of mankind really proves otherswise by action. I have never lumped all scientists as individuals into a box. But you have said that science as in all of it, is for the betterment of mankind. That is not true in any facet. Sorry.




    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Most warheads have been de-armed if it makes you feel any better.
    Does not bother me if they are armed. Jehovah said the earth will stand forever. If they start dropping warheads, that will be a lie, because the earth and all life on it will be a goner. And that is not Jehovah's purpose. And he always fulfills his purposes. But you don't believe in Jehovah, so what source are you trusting that most are de-armed? And a better question, why would you trust that source?

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    The threat of nuclear war is not going to happen..because of the principle called Mutually Assured Destruction. Maybe you should read up on that.
    Why would people who come from monkies have or care about principles? That would also imply that those with the weapons care about principle. And obviously, you're not paying attention because this country is very concerned with Irans intentions to make them. Why? Everyone should have them since it's a threat that won't become reality based on M.A.D

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    I'm saying religion has already reached it. It's no longer needed. It served to explain concepts which human reasoning and scientific inquiry could not yet do at those times...kind of like a parent which doesn't know when to let people grow up. So it has to create somekind of scheme to keeps people's attention and coming around. The argument over "souls" and "eternal damnation" are what it often uses to gain new followers.
    False religion yes. Religion how Jehovah intended is a far cry from any religion outside of it. Not even close. It reveals truths. All day long.

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Jesus did not CURE anything...we still have blind people, people still have leprosy. But to think he cured someone with his urine...is completely asinine.

    If Jesus was so great...how come he didn't escape being killed in the first place?
    He cured individuals. And he did it to show he could on a small scale, so when he becomes King in heaven,(which he has become for quite awhile now) he can do it on a grand scale(earthwide). That sounds reasonable to me. He basically gave a sample for proof it can be done.

    And where did you read he cured someone with his urine? I missed that.

  3. #153
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Wow, I decided to look into the hang out area and found this thread. This is really great from both sides.

    I wish I had more time to read it all.

    I'm sorry for jumping into the middle, I hope I do not look too foolish =).

    I wanted to extend on Knicks4lyfe first point about "NOT EVERYONE WHO SAYS IM CHRISTIAN IS IN FACT SUCH"

    You can also say not everyone who says I'm a christian and does not act like does not mean they are NOT a christian.

    A prostitue can be a christian.
    A drug dealer can be a christian.

    Do you know why? It is becuase we all sin. We all screw up. Accepting Jesus Christ does not mean you instantly turn into a perfect loving person. Things take time and learning. And we learn from Jesus by letting him lead our lives. So christians make mistakes, even horrible mistakes.

    Perfect example from the bible, you look at the life of King David. It was pretty sinful, but yet he was God's best friend. At the end of each mistake (minor or major) he learned, repented, and God lead him to be a better person.

  4. #154
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Proof?

    Plus saying he is the most loving person, even if he was the son of god and died for us and so on, you would have had to have met every SINGLE person who has every lived to be able to say he was the MOST loving.

    The fact is that your BELIEVE these things, they aren't fact. Its all relevant to the individual. You have NO proof. Noone does. Thats my point. Nothing can be proven, EVERYTHING is on faith. Science included. There is no deffinite answer, no beyond a reasonale doubt, etc...
    So after all you said, you have faith in nothing.

  5. #155
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by jeckomaru
    Wow, I decided to look into the hang out area and found this thread. This is really great from both sides.

    I wish I had more time to read it all.

    I'm sorry for jumping into the middle, I hope I do not look too foolish =).

    I wanted to extend on Knicks4lyfe first point about "NOT EVERYONE WHO SAYS IM CHRISTIAN IS IN FACT SUCH"

    You can also say not everyone who says I'm a christian and does not act like does not mean they are NOT a christian.

    A prostitue can be a christian.
    A drug dealer can be a christian.

    Do you know why? It is becuase we all sin. We all screw up. Accepting Jesus Christ does not mean you instantly turn into a perfect loving person. Things take time and learning. And we learn from Jesus by letting him lead our lives. So christians make mistakes, even horrible mistakes.

    Perfect example from the bible, you look at the life of King David. It was pretty sinful, but yet he was God's best friend. At the end of each mistake (minor or major) he learned, repented, and God lead him to be a better person.
    You cannot live like a prostitute and actually claim to be a Christian according to the Scriptures. But you CAN put that life behind you and live for God and then you ARE a Christian.

    Examples

    1st cor 6:
    9 What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men,10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom.

    11And yet that is what some of YOU were. But YOU have been washed clean, but YOU have been sanctified, but YOU have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

    Collosians 3:5 Deaden, therefore, YOUR body members that are upon the earth as respects fornication, uncleanness, sexual appetite, hurtful desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 On account of those things the wrath of God is coming.

    7 In those very things YOU, too, once walked when YOU used to live in them. 8 But now really put them all away from YOU, wrath, anger, badness, abusive speech, and obscene talk out of YOUR mouth. 9 Do not be lying to one another. Strip off the old personality with its practices, 10 and clothe yourselves with the new [personality], which through accurate knowledge is being made new according to the image of the One who created it

    So these verses are saying those who once lived in them chose to abandon those lifestyles, and lived according to Christ. If you do not do that, you cannot truly become a Christian.

  6. #156
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I did not mean you could live your life like a prostitute and be a christian, I meant if a prostitute says they are christian it does not mean they aren't.

    Any sin we commit especially ones we have commited constantly throughout our lives just do not stop instantly (of course unless God makes it so). It's a process.

    It isn't you that abandons those lifestyles, its God's grace that allows us to abandon them.

  7. #157
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by jeckomaru
    I did not mean you could live your life like a prostitute and be a christian, I meant if a prostitute says they are christian it does not mean they aren't.

    Any sin we commit especially ones we have commited constantly throughout our lives just do not stop instantly (of course unless God makes it so). It's a process.

    It isn't you that abandons those lifestyles, its God's grace that allows us to abandon them.

    Well if a prostitute is saying they are a Christian, it appears by bible standards they are being mislead.

    And it is you that chooses whether you want to live to serve God or not. Case in point, Satan. Why does God's grace not allow him a chance to repent? He is going to surely perish the bible says. How come?

  8. #158
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Before I start, a very important scripture. 2 tim 3:16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

    This means that from front to back, the bible has to be taken in context with the theme of the book. That implies consistency from begining to end. So any doctrine you teach must be consistant with what the bible teaches.

    Now then, onto you.

    Im in error, but you are the one who simply cannot comprehend that if God says he made this earth to be inhabited, but destroys it, then his purpose for this earth was not fulfilled. Why? BECAUSE HE DESTROYED IT! God says all his purposes must come to fruition. (isa 55:11)

    And tell me, how can I misuse this?
    Prov 2: 21 For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. 22 As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.

    What is to misinterpret?? It's fairly simple, Jehovah plans to rid THIS earth of wicked people. What tells me that? 22 As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.

    What tells me that it will be THIS EARTH these things will happen on? It's fairly simple, Jehovah plans to keep the righteous ones left over after he tears the wicked away. What tells me that?21 For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it.

    If one is using just common sense, they would realize this cannot apply to a NEWLY BUILT EARTH, because the NEW EARTH is said to not even have 1 unrighteous person. So then, how could the wicked, or treacherous be torn away as 22 says? THERE WAS NO UNRIGHTEOUS ONES TO BEGIN WITH!

    So clearly for proverbs to be applied, it can only be applied to an earth that holds wicked people. And that is THIS ONE.


    I will answer all your questions and statements...


    [u]
    [/font][/size]
    So you believe you will be ruling with Christ for the 1000 years?






    [size=2][font=Arial][u]

    Jesus said this once
    john 17:14 I have given your word to them, but the world has hated them, because they are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.
    15 “I request you, not to take them out of the world, but to watch over them because of the wicked one. 16 They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world..

    When Jesus was ressurected, who saw him, his disciples, or the rest of the world?
    His disciples!
    So even though his disciples are in the world, as far as Jesus was concerned they were no part of it. Therefore when Jesus said the world would see him nomore, logic has it he means the world outside of those who truly are his followers.



    [u]

    John 17: 3 This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of YOU, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

    This is Jesus prayer, he says everlasting life, (salvation) depends on our taking in Knowledge of His Father, whom he calls THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND of himself.

    So you can't even gain life unless you recognize the true God first, then Jesus. Jesus did, and he was not talking to himself. DO YOU RECOGNIZE JEHOVAH AS THE ONLY TRUE GOD AS JESUS DOES HERE?

    Secondly, how can you stand here and tell me you expect a rapture, which is a ressurection, but in the next breath say you have an immortal soul that survives life after your flesh dies? To be resurrected you have to DIE. ALL OF YOU. If some part of you lives, then that makes a resurrection null and void, because YOU'RE NOT DEAD.





    True story.




    [font=Arial][u]

    Im being picky? That is scary that you said that really. For you of course. His disciples seemed to care a lot. It was a big issue to them. So much so they asked him what the sign would be of his return! (mat 24:3). Why would Jesus NOT tell them you will see me plain as day, instead of telling them what SIGN to look for? How does that agree with what you're saying? Jesus tells his disciples what sign to look for, you say that's nit picky, it does not matter, we will see him. Thinking the way you are, would you not then likely MISS THE SIGN THAT JESUS SAID WOULD SIGNIFY HIS RETURN??????????????????????????????????

    [u]
    I notice you did not mention the DEAL EVERY LIVING THING A BLOW PART at all. Convenient really.Answer this yes or no please. If he destroys the earth as you say he will, would he NOT BE DEALING EVERY LIVING THING A BLOW ON ACCOUNT OF MAN?

    [font=Arial]Ok, but was this verse speaking of a new earth, or the current earth? Context would say current earth. Not one God builds from Scratch.


    This has everything to do with the destruction of earth. If people are going to be left over in it after he tears the wicked away, than that means he is not going to literally destroy the earth! Sounds like he is evicting unruly tenants instead.





    There are so many things wrong with that I wont even bother to break them all down. I'll just reply with this.

    Collosians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;
    Creation Means you have a CREATOR. You wanna logically tell me how Jesus can be called a creation in the bible, but you reason he is God?

    How bout Jesus own words here in revelation 3:14 “And to the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ce´a write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God,

    This appears to imply that when God began to create, it started with Jesus. Unless you are willing to try and sell me on God being created?????

    More from Jesus own mouth

    John 17:17 Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me. For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and YOUR Father and to my God and YOUR God.’”

    Wow, Jesus has a God?

    I see you left this verse out when you quoted Hebrews 1
    1:. 9 You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your God, anointed you with [the] oil of exultation more than your partners.”

    Now people Other than Jehovah being refered to as God happens more than once in the bible. So the fact that Jesus is said to be a God does not mean he is almighty God. He called Satan the God of this system once (2 cor 4:4)

    But that Hebrew verse is special for another reason. If Jesus is said to be a God, but also has a God who exulted him more than his partners, how Could a trinity setting even stand there? To be exulted means to be placed above. It says his God exulted him above his partners... His partners are God the father and the holy spirit correct? At least in a trinity setting it would be. So is that correct?

    No, the context has it speaking of angels, so the logic would indicate that Jesus has been exulted above the angels, who are his partners (or fellow angels)

    And lastly, Hebrew 9: 24 For Christ entered, not into a holy place made with hands, which is a copy of the reality, but into heaven itself, now to appear before the person of God for us

    Wait a second.. I thought Jesus IS GOD? WHY IS JESUS IN HEAVEN APPEARING BEFORE THE PERSON OF GOD????? IS HE NOT PART OF THAT PERSON ACCORDING TO YOU?????











    [font=Arial][font=Arial][size=2]
    Among




    whom do the prophecies about restoration of Israel have fulfillment today?






    Gal. 6:15, 16: "Neither is circumcision anything nor is uncircumcision, but a new creation is something. And all those who will walk orderly by this rule of conduct, upon them be peace and mercy, even upon the Israel of God." (So "the Israel of God" is no longer determined on the basis of conforming to the requirement laid upon Abraham for all the males of his household to be circumcised. Rather, as stated at Galatians 3:26-29, those who belong to Christ and who are spirit-begotten sons of God "are really Abraham’s seed.")


    Jer. 31:31-34: "‘Look! There are days coming,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant . . . And they will no more teach each one his companion and each one his brother, saying, "Know Jehovah!" for they will all of them know me, from the least one of them even to the greatest one of them,’ is the utterance of Jehovah." (That new covenant was made, not with the nation of natural Israel, but with the loyal followers of Jesus Christ to whom hope of heavenly life was being extended. When instituting the Memorial of his death, Jesus gave them a cup of wine and said: "This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood." [1 Cor. 11:25])

    Rev. 7:4: "I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel." (But in the verses that follow, mention is made of "the tribe of Levi" and "the tribe of Joseph." These were not included in lists of the 12 tribes of natural Israel. Interestingly, while it is said that people would be "sealed out of every tribe," the tribes of Dan and Ephraim are not mentioned. [Compare Numbers 1:4-16.] Reference must here be made to the spiritual Israel of God, to those whom Revelation 14:1-3 shows will share with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom.)
    Heb. 12:22: "You have approached a Mount Zion and a city of the living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and myriads of angels." (Thus it is not to earthly Jerusalem but to "heavenly Jerusalem" that true Christians look for fulfillment of the promises of God.)







    Ok, it's as I suspected, you are a Christian, who ignores what Christ says. He says their house is abandoned to them. You are saying, no it's not.



    [font=Arial]Actually, neither the "group" nor myself have it wrong at all. It says in signs for a reason. You choose to ignore that, so be it. You shouldn't though.

















    [/left]
    [/left]
    First off you said to make an argument using the Bible you have to take everything in context, but the problem with you is that you take quotes out of context.

    Lets start off with your continued argument about the destruction of the earth. Go back to the flood sir, it was the same scenerio, instead God used water, this time he will use fire as is quoted in Scripture. Your argument by using Proverbs 2:21-22 is not about the end times! You once again took these two quotes out of context and misinterpreted it(classic cultic behavior). If you read the quotes before and after that it talks about knowledge, wisdom, and understanding of the Bible and the consequences for not knowing it. Proverbs chapter 2, talks about right from wrong, not the end times. This is an explanation of righteoues men and wicked men in general. Verse 21 says that if you are righteoues, you will stay on the earth, you will be given days added to your life and live longer on the Earth. Verse 22 says if you are not righteous that God will snatch you from the Earth, meaning if you are evil and remain a sinner, your days will be cut off. Its very simple.

    Your question: So you believe you will be ruling with Christ for the 1000 years?

    My Answer: Definetly.

    You then talked about John 17:14-16 and then said,
    Your Question and statement: When Jesus was ressurected, who saw him, his disciples, or the rest of the world?
    His disciples!

    My Answer: Sir Mathew 27:52-56 and 1 Corinthians 15:4-8 just destroyed the herecy which you wrote concerning post-resurrection eye witnesses. Read these versus and learn. Your eternity depends on it.

    Your question:DO YOU RECOGNIZE JEHOVAH AS THE ONLY TRUE GOD AS JESUS DOES HERE?


    My Answer: Carefully read John 17:3 and many similar versus. When studying the Greek construction were "the" placed before a noun, followed by "and" makes the verse equal in equality. For example in Titus 1:4 states".....grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our savior."
    Notice "the" before the Father followed by "and" will make the verse translate that the Father is equal to Christ Jesus. Therefore, the Father is equal to Jesus. In John 17:3".....'the' ony true God and Jesus Christ", means Jesus is God. Don't forget the Bible says study to show thyself approved and rightly divide the word.

    Your statement:but in the next breath say you have an immortal soul that survives life after your flesh dies? To be resurrected you have to DIE. ALL OF YOU. If some part of you lives, then that makes a resurrection null and void, because YOU'RE NOT DEAD.

    My answer: The apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 states, "Behold I tell you a mystery, we shall not all sleep but we shall all be changed. in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed." When a believer sleeps, it means he dies. Paul says that there will be a time were "we shall not sleep" meaning we wont die. The trumpet being sound is the event of the Rapture and Paul showed proof that some of us will not die but will be changed.

    Your statment and questions:Im being picky? That is scary that you said that really. For you of course. His disciples seemed to care a lot. It was a big issue to them. So much so they asked him what the sign would be of his return! (mat 24:3). Why would Jesus NOT tell them you will see me plain as day, instead of telling them what SIGN to look for? How does that agree with what you're saying? Jesus tells his disciples what sign to look for, you say that's nit picky, it does not matter, we will see him. Thinking the way you are, would you not then likely MISS THE SIGN THAT JESUS SAID WOULD SIGNIFY HIS RETURN??????????????????????????????????

    My Answer: Jesus in Mathew 24 is telling us to know the signs of the end times. It doesnt talk about us seeing him in a cloud, around a cloud, etc. When I referred to you as "pickey" I was referrring to your insistence on knowing at the time of the Rapture if we actually will visibly see Him or wether He is on a cloud, around it, under it, many clouds, one cloud....PICKEY, your pickey and ignorant of the fact that this has nothing to do with Matthew 24. In Matthew 24, Jesus is talking about the coming Tribulation Period. Jesus is telling us to be ready, there are many signs that are happening today that tell us that the end of age is near. In Matthew 24:3, the disciples asked Him, "tell us when will these things be and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" The SIGNS are talked about from Matthew chapter 3 verse: 4 all the way to verse 28.

    Your question:I notice you did not mention the DEAL EVERY LIVING THING A BLOW PART at all. Convenient really.Answer this yes or no please. If he destroys the earth as you say he will, would he NOT BE DEALING EVERY LIVING THING A BLOW ON ACCOUNT OF MAN?

    My answer: First of all man is a sinner. The heart of man is evil. Satan is alive and well on planet Earth. Man will destroy himself, it's obvious. You seem to have forgotten Satan. Maybe Satan's plan of making people think he is not real, has had his effect on you?
    I already told you God is omniscient. He's well aware of the schemes of Satan. All the scriptures speak of this. God is not the author of evil, this "blow" your talking about is sin and Satan.

    Let me give you an illustration from Dr. Harold L Willmington for the reason why God would destroy the Earth with fire, so that you stop giving me quotes out of context and quotes that are misinterpreted which I have proven to you countless times.
    Dr Harold Willmington explains, "consider the following: let us suppose that some crackpot breaks into the the money faults of Fort Knox, Kentucky, and begins pouring filthy cracnkcase oil on the stacked bars of gold and silver. Upon leaving, however, he is caught, tried and confined to prison. The authorities thereupon close thier books on the Fort Knox case. But the gunk on the gold remains! In this illustration, the vandal would represent the devil, the crankcase oil would stand for sin, and the gold and silver for God's perfect creation. God will someday arrest the devil, of course, and forever confine him to prison. But what about the oily sin stains that remain on his gold and silver creation? To solve the problem, God does what the Fort Knox authorities might consider doing-he purges the stains in a fiery wash. And it works. For the hotter the flame, the more rapidly the oil evaporates, and the brighter the gold becomes! God will someday do to creation what he did to his beloved Israel in the Old Testament: Behold, I have refined thee...I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction (Isiah 48:10)."

    I hope after reading that you get an idea of why God would do something like destroy the Earth. And stop arguing me about it.

    You then said:This has everything to do with the destruction of earth. If people are going to be left over in it after he tears the wicked away, than that means he is not going to literally destroy the earth! Sounds like he is evicting unruly tenants instead.

    My answer: I explained earlier in this post that these two quotes were taken out of context and misinterpreted just like many other quotes you have used.

    You then said:There are so many things wrong with that I wont even bother to break them all down. I'll just reply with this.

    Collosians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;
    Creation Means you have a CREATOR. You wanna logically tell me how Jesus can be called a creation in the bible, but you reason he is God?

    How bout Jesus own words here in revelation 3:14 “And to the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ce´a write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God,

    This appears to imply that when God began to create, it started with Jesus. Unless you are willing to try and sell me on God being created?????

    More from Jesus own mouth

    John 17:17 Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me. For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and YOUR Father and to my God and YOUR God.’”

    Wow, Jesus has a God?

    I see you left this verse out when you quoted Hebrews 1
    1:. 9 You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your God, anointed you with [the] oil of exultation more than your partners.”

    Now people Other than Jehovah being refered to as God happens more than once in the bible. So the fact that Jesus is said to be a God does not mean he is almighty God. He called Satan the God of this system once (2 cor 4:4)

    But that Hebrew verse is special for another reason. If Jesus is said to be a God, but also has a God who exulted him more than his partners, how Could a trinity setting even stand there? To be exulted means to be placed above. It says his God exulted him above his partners... His partners are God the father and the holy spirit correct? At least in a trinity setting it would be. So is that correct?

    No, the context has it speaking of angels, so the logic would indicate that Jesus has been exulted above the angels, who are his partners (or fellow angels)

    And lastly, Hebrew 9: 24 For Christ entered, not into a holy place made with hands, which is a copy of the reality, but into heaven itself, now to appear before the person of God for us

    Wait a second.. I thought Jesus IS GOD? WHY IS JESUS IN HEAVEN APPEARING BEFORE THE PERSON OF GOD????? IS HE NOT PART OF THAT PERSON ACCORDING TO YOU?????

    My Answer: It is apparent from all your above quotes that Satan has blinded your mind. You suffer from the worse sin which is the sin of unbelief. It is also apparent that Jesus is not your personal Lord and Savior, therefore Biblically you will die in your sins. Furthermore by denying, refuting, misinterpreting, and taking out of context all the many scriptures I have discussed with you for the past couple of days, you have chose for yourself a path of destruction. As Proverbs 14:12 says, "there is a way which seems that you think is right, the end of which is death." I mentioned to you the other day that every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. Your herecy of the scriptures will condemn you. Romans 1:19-20 says, "you will be without excuse." Verse 22 goes even farther saying, "you profess to be wise but you became a fool." Romans 2:5 says "because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of god." However I will continue to pray for you.
    Last edited by Paul1355; Jul 27, 2008 at 03:23.

  9. #159
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    911
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Point is, we are living in the time of the end based on mathew 24:3 and world events unfolding, and bible chronology.
    The main problem is that the gospels are man-made. This is why they contradict each other all the time. Therefore predictions are utterly pointless overall. Furthermore, you always refer to TRANSLATIONS of the bible. And there are so many -- and so many different ones -- that you can proof anything you want. If there were a devil, even he could quote the bible.

  10. #160
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Well if a prostitute is saying they are a Christian, it appears by bible standards they are being mislead.

    And it is you that chooses whether you want to live to serve God or not. Case in point, Satan. Why does God's grace not allow him a chance to repent? He is going to surely perish the bible says. How come?
    How can you say she is being mislead? Have you abandon all of your wicked ways? Have you stopped sinning ever since accepting Jesus as our savior? Have you stopped committing every sin you used to commit after accepting Jesus as our savior?

    I am not proud of it but I know I haven't. I screw up everyday. But I am definitely far from the same person I was before I was saved thanks to Jesus.

    It was just like the criminal on the cross. He became saved and went to heaven because he accepted Jesus at the very end. Jesus' apostles sinned but they were saved also.

    I know we choose to serve God. I hope I didn't write anything that contradicts that. My point in all this is we cannot get rid of sin without Jesus. You were being called out whether you were a christian or not and I was trying to explain things and defend you.

  11. #161
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    The main problem is that the gospels are man-made. This is why they contradict each other all the time. Therefore predictions are utterly pointless overall. Furthermore, you always refer to TRANSLATIONS of the bible. And there are so many -- and so many different ones -- that you can proof anything you want. If there were a devil, even he could quote the bible.
    Owned.....

  12. #162
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Jesus said by this all will know you are my disciples (meaning true Christian) If you have love amongst yourselves. He also said, those doing the will of his father are favored by him. By your estimation, do ALL CHRISTIANS have love amongst themselves? Did you know that 24 of the 27 nations at war in ww1, were supposed Christian nations. Christians, killing Christians in effect. Is that showing love amongst themselves?

    He also said not everyone saying to me Lord, Lord will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens. So even Jesus knew that there would be people who claim to be Christian, and those who prove they are by adhering to living how Jehovah says we should.

    SO NO!!! NOT EVERYONE WHO SAYS IM CHRISTIAN IS IN FACT SUCH.


    No one in the world would ever make me believe personally that EVERY SINGLE SCIENTISTS MAKES WEAPONS. That is an absurd gesture.


    But for you to say science as a whole is for the betterment of mankind, that simply is a fallacy. Just like I well know that every religion saying they are for the betterment of mankind really proves otherswise by action. I have never lumped all scientists as individuals into a box. But you have said that science as in all of it, is for the betterment of mankind. That is not true in any facet. Sorry.




    Does not bother me if they are armed. Jehovah said the earth will stand forever. If they start dropping warheads, that will be a lie, because the earth and all life on it will be a goner. And that is not Jehovah's purpose. And he always fulfills his purposes. But you don't believe in Jehovah, so what source are you trusting that most are de-armed? And a better question, why would you trust that source?

    Why would people who come from monkies have or care about principles? That would also imply that those with the weapons care about principle. And obviously, you're not paying attention because this country is very concerned with Irans intentions to make them. Why? Everyone should have them since it's a threat that won't become reality based on M.A.D

    False religion yes. Religion how Jehovah intended is a far cry from any religion outside of it. Not even close. It reveals truths. All day long.



    He cured individuals. And he did it to show he could on a small scale, so when he becomes King in heaven,(which he has become for quite awhile now) he can do it on a grand scale(earthwide). That sounds reasonable to me. He basically gave a sample for proof it can be done.

    And where did you read he cured someone with his urine? I missed that.
    24/27 Christian nations went to war during WWI..you say...I'm not going to fact check that for the moment...but assuming that's correct...THANK YOU FOR PROVING MY POINT ABOUT RELIGION!!!

    No saying that there will people that call unto Jesus means...even if you're devout in your faith, you got a chance of being assed out at the Pearly Gates. Dead and mother****ers still can't get into the club...THAT'S FUNNY.

    The warheads are not armed. Most nations have deactivated their nuclear arsenals. The two largest being USA, and former USSR. You got a better chance of dying plugging in your toaster than the threat of nuclear war.

    At the end of the day the positive advancements science completely and utterly outweigh the benefits of any/all religions on this planet earth. What achievements has religion accomplished?

    From science we have...

    This computer
    Cars
    Manufacturing
    Medicines
    DVD's
    Breast Implants
    PS3
    Jack Daniels


    I could go on and on...about the great things science has done for mankind.

    Let's see religion...hmm...

    Wars of idiocy
    Homophobia
    Incest
    Rape
    Racism
    Genocide
    Holy War
    Torture
    Insanity
    Slavery
    Women regarded as 2nd class human beings
    Destruction of many African and Latin American/ Native American cultures
    Destruction of Black Americans

    The earth is not going to stand forever going to collapse into the sun in 500 million years due to the sun finally running out of hydrogen fuel...throwing off the orbit pulling the earth into it when the Sun turns into a red dwarf star. So Jehvoah lied. And if you're Jehovah is right that the earth will stand forever...us dropping nuclear warheads....the earth should be perfectly fine...the fact it wouldn't is another example..of your GOD being a LIAR.

    The Nuclear Regulatory Commission
    The Department of Energy
    International Atomic Energy Commission
    The UN Nuclear Regulatory Commission

    Are my 4 sources of information as the validity of nuke's being disarmed.

    What's your source for Jehovah? One book..and no one even knows the author real identity.

    Hmm...let me think which one has more credibility.

    The reason people are so concerned about Iran having a nuclear program is because of RELIGION. If they weren't the fanatical **** nuts...like you people...we wouldn't have to worry about them. See these folks actually believe in Revelation prophecy alot more than you do, and they are too crazy and too fanatical with their religion...to be trusted with such a device. If it wasn't for religion...they would not be as crazy and radical as they are. So until they stop being all radical and ****...they can't be trusted. Kind of like taking a BB gun away from a kid who can't resist shooting out windows. He's just not using it responsibly.

    Your GOD is just as made up as Anglicans, Evangelicals, Methodists, Baptists, Lutherans, Calvanists, Protestants, Catholics, and Mormons.

    Are you going to say that all these Christian groups are FAKE? When they are just as devout?

    NOW THAT'S ****ING HYPOCRISY.

    U know it's cute when a 5 year old rambles about their imaginary friend...it's a shame when you still do it at 25.

    Wait I take it back...you gave us one thing...CHAMPAGNE...invented by monks. And entertainment.

    So why didn't your Jesus cure everyone? What he was too busy to go further out into the valley that day?

  13. #163
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Jesus said by this all will know you are my disciples (meaning true Christian) If you have love amongst yourselves. He also said, those doing the will of his father are favored by him. By your estimation, do ALL CHRISTIANS have love amongst themselves? Did you know that 24 of the 27 nations at war in ww1, were supposed Christian nations. Christians, killing Christians in effect. Is that showing love amongst themselves?

    He also said not everyone saying to me Lord, Lord will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens. So even Jesus knew that there would be people who claim to be Christian, and those who prove they are by adhering to living how Jehovah says we should.

    SO NO!!! NOT EVERYONE WHO SAYS IM CHRISTIAN IS IN FACT SUCH.

    No one in the world would ever make me believe personally that EVERY SINGLE SCIENTISTS MAKES WEAPONS. That is an absurd gesture.


    But for you to say science as a whole is for the betterment of mankind, that simply is a fallacy. Just like I well know that every religion saying they are for the betterment of mankind really proves otherswise by action. I have never lumped all scientists as individuals into a box. But you have said that science as in all of it, is for the betterment of mankind. That is not true in any facet. Sorry.




    Does not bother me if they are armed. Jehovah said the earth will stand forever. If they start dropping warheads, that will be a lie, because the earth and all life on it will be a goner. And that is not Jehovah's purpose. And he always fulfills his purposes. But you don't believe in Jehovah, so what source are you trusting that most are de-armed? And a better question, why would you trust that source?

    Why would people who come from monkies have or care about principles? That would also imply that those with the weapons care about principle. And obviously, you're not paying attention because this country is very concerned with Irans intentions to make them. Why? Everyone should have them since it's a threat that won't become reality based on M.A.D

    False religion yes. Religion how Jehovah intended is a far cry from any religion outside of it. Not even close. It reveals truths. All day long.



    He cured individuals. And he did it to show he could on a small scale, so when he becomes King in heaven,(which he has become for quite awhile now) he can do it on a grand scale(earthwide). That sounds reasonable to me. He basically gave a sample for proof it can be done.

    And where did you read he cured someone with his urine? I missed that.
    Originally Posted by pat
    The main problem is that the gospels are man-made. This is why they contradict each other all the time. Therefore predictions are utterly pointless overall. Furthermore, you always refer to TRANSLATIONS of the bible. And there are so many -- and so many different ones -- that you can proof anything you want. If there were a devil, even he could quote the bible.

    If the Gospels are made up...wouldn't that all mean so to is Jesus? As well as GOD?

  14. #164
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    First off you said to make an argument using the Bible you have to take everything in context, but the problem with you is that you take quotes out of context.

    Lets start off with your continued argument about the destruction of the earth. Go back to the flood sir, it was the same scenerio, instead God used water, this time he will use fire as is quoted in Scripture. Your argument by using Proverbs 2:21-22 is not about the end times! You once again took these two quotes out of context and misinterpreted it(classic cultic behavior). If you read the quotes before and after that it talks about knowledge, wisdom, and understanding of the Bible and the consequences for not knowing it. Proverbs chapter 2, talks about right from wrong, not the end times. This is an explanation of righteoues men and wicked men in general. Verse 21 says that if you are righteoues, you will stay on the earth, you will be given days added to your life and live longer on the Earth. Verse 22 says if you are not righteous that God will snatch you from the Earth, meaning if you are evil and remain a sinner, your days will be cut off. Its very simple.
    Is really me taking these quotes out of context, or could it be you not understanding the bible as it explains itself? You became quite the philosopher in explaining from your viewpoint what those verses mean. Thing is, that is not needed, the bible explains itself.

    We'll start here for the last time. God said once.
    Isaiah 55:11 so my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it.

    This verse is signifying clearly that whatever God purposes, must and will indeed come to fruition. HAS TO HAPPEN! I would hope that is indisputable.

    If that is indisputable, then this also must happen.

    Isa 45:18 For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the [true] God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited: “I am Jehovah, and there is no one else.

    You claimed once that I took this out of context and this refered to the "NEW EARTH". But how could you possibly get that this refers to a brand new rebuilt earth from this verse? You'd have to be a serious spin doctor to do so. There is only one earth that has already been established, and that is this one. There is already one earth that has been created, and again, it is this one. There is only one earth that has been inhabited, and that is this one. And if Jehovah blows this earth up, then in fact he has strayed away from his purpose to have it inhabited. Meaning that he INDEED WOULD HAVE CREATED IT SIMPLY FOR NOTHING. He says he cannot stray away from his purpose, he must indeed do as he set out to do, and that would mean to have this very earth we live on inhabited forever.

    Now in light of what was just brought out, do the ensuing verses agree with your viewpoint, or another?

    Ecc 1:4 4 A generation is going, and a generation is coming; but the earth is standing even to time indefinite

    psalms 37:9 For evildoers themselves will be cut off,
    But those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth.
    10 And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more;
    And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be.
    11 But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
    And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

    Staying in psalms 37:
    28 For Jehovah is a lover of justice,
    And he will not leave his loyal ones.
    To time indefinite they will certainly be guarded;
    But as for the offspring of the wicked ones, they will indeed be cut off.
    29 The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
    And they will reside forever upon it.

    and psalms 37:34 Hope in Jehovah and keep his way,
    And he will exalt you to take possession of the earth.
    When the wicked ones are cut off, you will see [it].

    In fact, God has already given us an example of the wicked being cut off and the righteous taking possesion of the earth with NOAH. God did not destroy the earth, or any stars or other universes or planets when he flooded the earth, but he did destroy the world of ungodly men at that time, while preserving the righteous over to possess the earth.

    If that is not an example of the wicked being cut off while the righteous possess the earth, I don't know what is. Jesus and Peter both compared the end of our world in the same way as Noah's day, God ridding the earth of ungodly men, while preserving the righteous over.

    It is a recurring theme that smacks you in the face. Some just choose to ignore it anyway.

    Bottom line is, the earth being here forever, and righteous people living in it has always been God's plan from Jump. If Adam and Eve had never sinned, common logic indicates they would still be alive to this very day. God said they would only die if they ate from the tree. So had they never eaten from it, there would be no reason for them to die at all, hence, they'd still be here , on this very earth, continuing to live. Very easy.

    If God blows up the earth, instead of allowing righteous people to live here forever which was his original plan, than he lied when he said in Isaiah 55:11 that his purposes will have the result that he sent it out for. Point blank.






    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    You then talked about John 17:14-16 and then said,
    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Your Question and statement: When Jesus was ressurected, who saw him, his disciples, or the rest of the world?
    His disciples!

    My Answer: Sir Mathew 27:52-56 and 1 Corinthians 15:4-8 just destroyed the herecy which you wrote concerning post-resurrection eye witnesses. Read these versus and learn. Your eternity depends on it.
    Like I said, the rest of the WORLD did not see Jesus during his ressurection. Cephas, and the rest were all his disciples. And Jesus said even though his disciples live in the world, they are no part of it. So in that sense to Jesus, and his disciples, he revealed himself again to them, and not the world.

    Now about mathew 27:52-56

    "THE earth quaked, and the rock-masses were split. And the memorial tombs were opened and many bodies of the holy ones that had fallen asleep were raised up, (and persons, coming out from among the memorial tombs after his being raised up, entered into the holy city,) and they became visible to many people." (Matthew 27:51-53) Catholic scholar Karl Staab calls this event that occurred at Jesus’ death "most mysterious." What happened?

    Epiphanius and other early Church Fathers taught that the holy ones literally came to life and went with the resurrected Jesus to heaven. Augustine, Theophylactus, and Zigabenus believed that these dead ones received a temporary resurrection but later returned to their tombs. The latter opinion, however, "did not gain wide recognition," comments scholar Erich Fascher. When rendering Matthew 27:52, 53, many modern Bible translations give the impression that a resurrection took place. Not so the New World Translation, which points to the effects of an earthquake. Why?

    First, whoever "the holy ones" were, Matthew did not say they were raised up. He said their bodies, or corpses, were. Second, he did not say these bodies came to life. He said they were raised up, and the Greek verb e·gei´ro, meaning to "raise up," does not always refer to a resurrection. It can, among other things, also mean to "lift out" from a pit or to "get up" from the ground. (Matthew 12:11; 17:7; Luke 1:69) The upheaval at Jesus’ death opened tombs, tossing lifeless bodies into the open. Such occurrences during earthquakes were reported in the second century C.E. by Greek writer Aelius Aristides and more recently, in 1962, in Colombia.
    This view of the event harmonizes with Bible teachings. In 1 Corinthians chapter 15, the apostle Paul gives convincing proof of the resurrection, but he completely ignores Matthew 27:52, 53. So do all other Bible writers. (Acts 2:32, 34) The corpses raised up at Jesus’ death could not have come to life in the way Epiphanius thought, for on the third day thereafter, Jesus became "the firstborn from the dead." (Colossians 1:18) Anointed Christians, also called "holy ones," were promised a share in the first resurrection during Christ’s presence, not in the first century.—1 Thessalonians 3:13; 4:14-17.

    Most Bible commentators have difficulty explaining verse 53, although several of them suggest that verse 52 describes the opening of tombs by the earthquake and the exposing of newly buried corpses. For example, German scholar Theobald Daechsel gives the following translation: "And tombs opened up, and many corpses of saints laying at rest were lifted up."
    Who were those that "entered into the holy city" a considerable time later, namely after Jesus had been resurrected? As seen above, the exposed bodies remained lifeless, so Matthew must refer to persons who visited the tombs and brought news of the event into Jerusalem. Thus, the rendering of the New World Translation deepens Bible understanding and does not confuse readers concerning the resurrection.


    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Your question:DO YOU RECOGNIZE JEHOVAH AS THE ONLY TRUE GOD AS JESUS DOES HERE?
    Originally Posted by Paul1355


    My Answer: Carefully read John 17:3 and many similar versus. When studying the Greek construction were "the" placed before a noun, followed by "and" makes the verse equal in equality. For example in Titus 1:4 states".....grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our savior."
    Notice "the" before the Father followed by "and" will make the verse translate that the Father is equal to Christ Jesus. Therefore, the Father is equal to Jesus. In John 17:3".....'the' ony true God and Jesus Christ", means Jesus is God. Don't forget the Bible says study to show thyself approved and rightly divide the word.
    Now we need to read english, as if it is greek? It is translated into english to come as closely as possible to the orginal language, for us to understand it in OURS. That is a pretty weak argument really.

    And even more so because Jesus said YOU. Jesus could have said WE, OR US. He said YOU! If I say I'm talking to YOU, would you think I was saying I'm talking to a person besides YOU? What it appears here is, you need to inject philosophy into you argument, instead of letting God's word mean what it mean. If Jesus meant to say he was God, he would have blatantly said it. He had no issue at all in saying he was the son of God. So if he was God, he would have done the same.

    Jesus was simply saying that his Father, Jehovah is the only true God in existence.



    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Your statement:but in the next breath say you have an immortal soul that survives life after your flesh dies? To be resurrected you have to DIE. ALL OF YOU. If some part of you lives, then that makes a resurrection null and void, because YOU'RE NOT DEAD.
    Originally Posted by Paul1355

    My answer: The apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 states, "Behold I tell you a mystery, we shall not all sleep but we shall all be changed. in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed." When a believer sleeps, it means he dies. Paul says that there will be a time were "we shall not sleep" meaning we wont die. The trumpet being sound is the event of the Rapture and Paul showed proof that some of us will not die but will be changed.


    1st thess 4:15 explains that they are faithful ones "who are left until the coming of the Lord," that is, they are still living at the time of Christ’s coming. Will they ever die? According to Romans 6:3-5 and 1 Corinthians 15:35, 36, 44 ,they must die before they can gain heavenly life. But there is no need for them to remain in the death(or asleep) state awaiting Christ’s return. They will instantly be "caught up," "in the twinkling of an eye,"(instead of remaining asleep in death) to be with the Lord.—1 Cor. 15:51, 52, RS; also Revelation 14:13.


    Your statment and questions:Im being picky? That is scary that you said that really. For you of course. His disciples seemed to care a lot. It was a big issue to them. So much so they asked him what the sign would be of his return! (mat 24:3). Why would Jesus NOT tell them you will see me plain as day, instead of telling them what SIGN to look for? How does that agree with what you're saying? Jesus tells his disciples what sign to look for, you say that's nit picky, it does not matter, we will see him. Thinking the way you are, would you not then likely MISS THE SIGN THAT JESUS SAID WOULD SIGNIFY HIS RETURN??????????????????????????????????

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    My Answer: Jesus in Mathew 24 is telling us to know the signs of the end times. It doesnt talk about us seeing him in a cloud, around a cloud, etc. When I referred to you as "pickey" I was referrring to your insistence on knowing at the time of the Rapture if we actually will visibly see Him or wether He is on a cloud, around it, under it, many clouds, one cloud....PICKEY, your pickey and ignorant of the fact that this has nothing to do with Matthew 24. In Matthew 24, Jesus is talking about the coming Tribulation Period. Jesus is telling us to be ready, there are many signs that are happening today that tell us that the end of age is near. In Matthew 24:3, the disciples asked Him, "tell us when will these things be and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" The SIGNS are talked about from Matthew chapter 3 verse: 4 all the way to verse 28.
    Actually, you missed it a bit. It says SIGN, not SIGNS. From 24:4-14 is the 1 SIGN. Meaning, when all of those things are happening within the earth, it is THE SIGN to HIS disciples, that his presence has arrived, meaning he is already King.

    And again, you are off, the one SIGN stops at 14. Why? Because it says mat24: 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

    Then end coming means it has to be the end of the sign. Or else how could the end come if the sign is not finished?

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Your question:I notice you did not mention the DEAL EVERY LIVING THING A BLOW PART at all. Convenient really.Answer this yes or no please. If he destroys the earth as you say he will, would he NOT BE DEALING EVERY LIVING THING A BLOW ON ACCOUNT OF MAN?
    Originally Posted by Paul1355

    My answer: First of all man is a sinner. The heart of man is evil. Satan is alive and well on planet Earth. Man will destroy himself, it's obvious. You seem to have forgotten Satan. Maybe Satan's plan of making people think he is not real, has had his effect on you?
    I already told you God is omniscient. He's well aware of the schemes of Satan. All the scriptures speak of this. God is not the author of evil, this "blow" your talking about is sin and Satan..
    Let me post that scripture again.
    Gen 8: 21 And Jehovah began to smell a restful odor, and so Jehovah said in his heart: “Never again shall I call down evil upon the ground on man’s account, because the inclination of the heart of man is bad from his youth up; and never again shall I deal every living thing a blow just as I have done.

    This is what God said shortly after HE, NOT SATAN, flooded the earth. Jehovah said he will never again deal every living thing a blow on the account of man.

    Me stating you did not reply to that part is because while you tried to explain how God will blow up the earth, you did not refer to how this verse would contradict that.

    How? QUITE SIMPLY, IF GOD DESTROYS THE EARTH THEN HE HAS ONCE AGAIN DEALT EVERY LIVING THING A BLOW ON THE COUNT OF MAN! NOT ONLY ON EARTH, BUT AS YOU SAY IT, HE IS GOING TO BLOW UP THE WHOLE UNIVERSE ON THE COUNT OF MAN!!!!! WHY? WHAT DID MARS DO TO MANKIND THAT WOULD MAKE GOD BLOW IT UP TOO?

    This verse harmonizes well with the earth being here forever, and people living on it for two reasons. It was the account of Noah, which is God ridding the earth of wicked men, but saving 8 righteous people. And God saying he wiill never again deal every living thing a blow as he has just done with the flood.

    DESTROYING THE EARTH AND THE UNIVERSE IS A SEVERE DEATH BLOW IN CASE YOU HAD NOT THOUGHT OF IT BEFORE.
    And if God does that, he lied.

    Who shall I believe, you or him?



    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    My Answer: It is apparent from all your above quotes that Satan has blinded your mind. You suffer from the worse sin which is the sin of unbelief. It is also apparent that Jesus is not your personal Lord and Savior, therefore Biblically you will die in your sins. Furthermore by denying, refuting, misinterpreting, and taking out of context all the many scriptures I have discussed with you for the past couple of days, you have chose for yourself a path of destruction. As Proverbs 14:12 says, "there is a way which seems that you think is right, the end of which is death." I mentioned to you the other day that every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. Your herecy of the scriptures will condemn you. Romans 1:19-20 says, "you will be without excuse." Verse 22 goes even farther saying, "you profess to be wise but you became a fool." Romans 2:5 says "because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of god." However I will continue to pray for you.
    How am I suppose to argue with Jesus when he says out of his own mouth he was created By God? Explain how I have taken Jesus out of context many times saying he has a God, the same God we worship is the one he worships, as Him saying he is God?

    That is like me saying now that Im from staten Island in this post, and you go around telling people im from philadelphia. People who read this will wonder how is it you came to the conclussion I'm from philadelphia when they are reading the same thing you are, and I, MYSELF SAY I'M FROM STATEN ISLAND?

    BE HONEST HERE. SERIOUSLY. REGARDLESS OF HOW YOU BELIEVE, VS ME. HAS JESUS, IN ANY VERSE IN THE BIBLE EVER SAID THESE WORDS?

    I AM GOD? PLEASE ANSWER THIS DIRECTLY WITH A YES OR NO.

    NOW AFTER THAT, ANSWER THIS WITH A YES OR NO.

    HAS JESUS EVER SAID THAT HE HAS A GOD? HAS HE EVER PRAYED TO A GOD? AND HAS HE ALLUDED TO HAVING A GOD IN HEAVEN AND EARTH?

    YES OR NO?

    Now if you answer no to the first question, as you should, and you answer yes to the next set, I ask you, which one of us has the devil really blinded?

  15. #165
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    The main problem is that the gospels are man-made. This is why they contradict each other all the time.
    Many people say this, but I have not seen one, can you give me an example?

    Originally Posted by pat
    Therefore predictions are utterly pointless overall. Furthermore, you always refer to TRANSLATIONS of the bible. And there are so many -- and so many different ones -- that you can proof anything you want. If there were a devil, even he could quote the bible.
    There are many translations yes, but the bible, just like every other book in existence has but one theme. And that is the Sanctification of the soveriegnty of Jehovah god through his heavenly kingdom. That lone theme is purpetuated throughout any bible in existence. If you recognize the theme, you will understand any book. Bible is no different.


    And the devil certainly knows whats in the bible, he used that knowledge of the bible to tempt Jesus in

    Luke 4:9 Now he (he being the devil) led him into Jerusalem and stationed him upon the battlement of the temple and said to him: “If you are a son of God, hurl yourself down from here; 10 for it is written, ‘He will give his angels a charge concerning you, to preserve you,’ 11 and, ‘They will carry you on their hands, that you may at no time strike your foot against a stone.’”

    He has knowledge of the word, and he is good at decieving even those who believe in the bible. But they do not have to remain decieved.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •