Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 297

Thread: Explaining Evolution And Why GOD is NOT LIKELY

  1. #226
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Ummmm....That whole 10% of your brain thing isn't true....Its a myth....Just like Columbus being the guy who figured the earth was round...

  2. #227
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Ummmm....That whole 10% of your brain thing isn't true....Its a myth....Just like Columbus being the guy who figured the earth was round...
    Proof? Not saying you don't have it, just wanna see your viewpoint.

  3. #228
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Proof? Not saying you don't have it, just wanna see your viewpoint.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  4. #229
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    I think that is a stretch to say there are NO cases. That would mean you'd have to have studied EVERY case, and Im sure this is not plausible.

    Well you say you believe Jesus existed, and Jesus refered to Adam and Eve and even Noah. So I am supposed to believe they did not exist, but Jesus did?

    And the bible does not say how many animals or species it was. So no one can accurately know. Only speculate.



    Like I said, us, you and I yes. But who knows what science will be like when mankind can have full use of their brain capacity? If mankind using 10 percent of their brain can put man on the moon, how much moreadvanced will mankind become using an extra 90%?




    x
    You shown me prophecy from your perspective, which if you have been paying attention has been proven way to the left.

    You posted about Tyre, Adam living to be 930 and a few others. Laughed off the alexander prophecy as rams and goats, and never responded about 70 ce. You have your version, and I gave you the correct version, the bibles.

    You have an improper understanding of the bible, so of course from your standpoint you think you have it figured out. But you also thought hell was fiery, every good person goes to heaven.. You thought a lot. I don't blame all of that on you though.

    Bottom line is, What God says happens. Tyre is a place for fishing Nets now, Babylon is desolate and unihabited, the Good news of the Kingdom is being preached in your very time, just like Jesus said it would, and you say, you can prove the bible prophecy wrong




    I know what you have said. You are the one burying your head in the sand here. Africanus is not our common ancestor, says Richard Leaky, Robert Jastrow, and New Scientist, the worlds supposed number 1 science and technology news service says the cousin to your africanus , Lucy they call it, has a skull like a chimpanzee. And this is our ancestor?

    Would you look at a chimpanzee and say hey cousin?
    So your FOR INCEST?

    Every case of incest has ended up with offspring at a disadvantage either mental retardations, mongloids, and other various genetic disorders or learning disabilities. I can't believe you are actually sitting here..wanting to claim mankind in your view GOD's CREATION...would support incest.

    Jesus did not exist either so its a moot point.

    There is a reason no one in the bible gives an exact number of animals. The only reason it states two by two..is because the simpler primitive people knew of male and female...and just made the assumption it was one male one female of each animals...that's how they got two by two. They had knowledge of genetics and evolution as we do today.

    Adam living to be 930? Thought he was supposed to surely die....MAKES GOD A LIAR DON'T IT??

    Nothing wrong with scientists disagree about whom the common ancestor is...but they all agree there was one in the first place, PERIOD. Unlike what your trying to suggest with POP UP BOOK CREATIONISM.

  5. #230
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    So your FOR INCEST?

    Every case of incest has ended up with offspring at a disadvantage either mental retardations, mongloids, and other various genetic disorders or learning disabilities. I can't believe you are actually sitting here..wanting to claim mankind in your view GOD's CREATION...would support incest.
    No. The bible has laws against such now.

    I support Jehovah fulfilling his purposes in any ways he sees fit, because he is always righteous in his decisions. He cannot be anything less. And again, once his purpose was fulfilled, he gave the Israelites a law forbidding incest. So clearly it was not his eternal purpose that inbreeding continue, rather it shows that is how life was purposed to start.


    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Jesus did not exist either so its a moot point..
    He did exist. Rather, HE DOES EXIST. Fixed.

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    There is a reason no one in the bible gives an exact number of animals. The only reason it states two by two..is because the simpler primitive people knew of male and female...and just made the assumption it was one male one female of each animals...that's how they got two by two. They had knowledge of genetics and evolution as we do today.
    I'm sure the bible writers believed in evolution instead of Jehovah, even though Jehovah's name appears 7000 x's in the Hebrew scriptures, and evolution 0.

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Adam living to be 930? Thought he was supposed to surely die....MAKES GOD A LIAR DON'T IT??
    For the 20th time. God did not lie when he said Adam would die in the day he ate from the tree. Try and pay attention this time please. Thank you.

    This is stated in second Peter 3:8
    8 However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day( meaning one day of 24 hrs to us) is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.

    So this bible verse is saying that 1000 years of living to us is equal to 1 day of our lifetime to Jehovah. So if you could live to be one thousand years old, to Jehovah you have turned 1 day old. GET IT?

    This would explain why ADAM CAN LIVE 930 YEARS OF LIFE ON EARTH AFTER GOD SENTENCED HIM TO DEATH, BECAUSE TO JEHOVAH, ADAM DIED WITHIN THE SAME DAY HE WAS SENTENCED TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAD ADAM REACHED 1000 PLUS, JEHOVAH WOULD BE A LIAR. SINCE HE DIED 70 YEARS SHORT OF 1000, ADAM DIED RIGHT ON TIME!

    And that means all that Jehovah had originally purposed for Adam still came true (procreation) Even though Adam was to die. Therefore Jehovah can still live up to his name which means in Hebrew HE WHO CAUSES TO BECOME.

    That might be too heavy for a Guy of your superior mind, with all those degrees and all, but I tried to make it as simple as possible.

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Nothing wrong with scientists disagree about whom the common ancestor is...but they all agree there was one in the first place, PERIOD. Unlike what your trying to suggest with POP UP BOOK CREATIONISM.
    Not all scientists agree with evolution. But I know, I know, the ones that don't they are not really scientists... They are just people who make science their life to purposely refute the accurate scientific world that believe in evolution, for the sake of pleasing creationalists.
    Last edited by Knicks4lyfe; Aug 03, 2008 at 22:55.

  6. #231
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    You still haven't answered the question of how Adam and Eve, or two individuals of any species, could have created all of the humans and animals on earth. It's genetically impossible. It comes down to the lack of available genetic (chromosome) combinations. The only answers you've come up with are: they were really, really healthy (which doesn't apply and doesn't account for the animals on the arc) and God changed the rules at some point (total bullsh*t).

    Do you see, the bible is not perfect or scientifically accurate. Your believing in impossible stories.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Aug 04, 2008 at 11:43.

  7. #232
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    No. The bible has laws against such now.

    I support Jehovah fulfilling his purposes in any ways he sees fit, because he is always righteous in his decisions. He cannot be anything less. And again, once his purpose was fulfilled, he gave the Israelites a law forbidding incest. So clearly it was not his eternal purpose that inbreeding continue, rather it shows that is how life was purposed to start.



    He did exist. Rather, HE DOES EXIST. Fixed.

    I'm sure the bible writers believed in evolution instead of Jehovah, even though Jehovah's name appears 7000 x's in the Hebrew scriptures, and evolution 0.

    For the 20th time. God did not lie when he said Adam would die in the day he ate from the tree. Try and pay attention this time please. Thank you.

    This is stated in second Peter 3:8
    8 However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day( meaning one day of 24 hrs to us) is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.

    So this bible verse is saying that 1000 years of living to us is equal to 1 day of our lifetime to Jehovah. So if you could live to be one thousand years old, to Jehovah you have turned 1 day old. GET IT?

    This would explain why ADAM CAN LIVE 930 YEARS OF LIFE ON EARTH AFTER GOD SENTENCED HIM TO DEATH, BECAUSE TO JEHOVAH, ADAM DIED WITHIN THE SAME DAY HE WAS SENTENCED TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAD ADAM REACHED 1000 PLUS, JEHOVAH WOULD BE A LIAR. SINCE HE DIED 70 YEARS SHORT OF 1000, ADAM DIED RIGHT ON TIME!

    And that means all that Jehovah had originally purposed for Adam still came true (procreation) Even though Adam was to die. Therefore Jehovah can still live up to his name which means in Hebrew HE WHO CAUSES TO BECOME.

    That might be too heavy for a Guy of your superior mind, with all those degrees and all, but I tried to make it as simple as possible.



    Not all scientists agree with evolution. But I know, I know, the ones that don't they are not really scientists... They are just people who make science their life to purposely refute the accurate scientific world that believe in evolution, for the sake of pleasing creationalists.
    SO YOU SUPPORT INCEST. THAT MAKES YOU SICK!!! AND YOUR GOD AS WELL!!!

    Do not flatter yourself...that was a typo on my part. It was supposed to say...THEY HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF EVOLUTION, WHICH IS WHY THEY AND YOURSELF BELIEVE THAT ENTIRE POPULATIONS CAN BE CREATED FROM TWO PEOPLE. WHICH IS GENETICALLY STUPID, INSANE, AND MORE DAMAGING TO ANYTHING ELSE.

    NO NO NO...GOD said unto Adam eat from the tree and you will surely die....that's pretty damned specific. The very fact Adam lived for even one second after he at the fruit in the first place and did not DIE makes GOD A LIAR!! PERIOD!!

    The scientists you quote that you say support creationism actually don't...because you only use partial quotations and since you have no comprehension for using the actual full on quotation just makes you a dishonest intellectual.

    But we've learned you support INCEST, SO HEY.

  8. #233
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    You still haven't answered the question of how Adam and Eve, or two individuals of any species, could have created all of the humans and animals on earth. It's genetically impossible. It comes down to the lack of available genetic (chromosome) combinations. The only answers you've come up with are: they were really, really healthy (which doesn't apply and doesn't account for the animals on the arc) and God changed the rules at some point (total bullsh*t).

    Do you see, the bible is not perfect or scientifically accurate. Your believing in impossible stories.

    Well if you take the I believe impossible stories approach, then I guess we're in the same boat, because the monkies to man story just somehow does not apply for me. You choose to believe what they have as proof, and I choose to disregard how a monkey of any kind could become a man.

    The bible does not use genetics to explain how this all came about, so you won't get a scientifical answer on it. I try not to pull answers without the proof, and there is no real proof outside of the bible that the events of Adam and Eve and Noah took place.

    However, I totally believe those things have taken place based on other infathomable truths in the bible such as prophecy. You can believe what you want about it, but when I see your version, I pray and thank Jehovah that he has granted his people the accurate understanding of his prophetic word, and that even if the world does not choose to see it, it is very plain to every eye looking, he has done just as he said he would.

    The prophecy in the bible Gives Jehovah a track record. Science has failed just as much as it has succeeded. When I weigh one against the other it's not a contest.

    Jehovah is 100 for 100 while science is at best 50/50. And I am being gracious.

  9. #234
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    SO YOU SUPPORT INCEST. THAT MAKES YOU SICK!!! AND YOUR GOD AS WELL!!!

    Do not flatter yourself...that was a typo on my part. It was supposed to say...THEY HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF EVOLUTION, WHICH IS WHY THEY AND YOURSELF BELIEVE THAT ENTIRE POPULATIONS CAN BE CREATED FROM TWO PEOPLE. WHICH IS GENETICALLY STUPID, INSANE, AND MORE DAMAGING TO ANYTHING ELSE.
    Ok. I'm sick

    This is the only argument you can hang your hat on. And the only reason you can is because the bible does not explain genetics and such, as it is just designed to help people understand why suffering goes on, who plays a part, and how they can come to know God. Every nook and cranny about science is really irrelavent in comparison.

    But you fail miserably in every other facet, so I can understand why you hang for dear life on this topic

    But hey, where do humans get their morals from? Explain that please. You have not done so yet.

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    NO NO NO...GOD said unto Adam eat from the tree and you will surely die....that's pretty damned specific. The very fact Adam lived for even one second after he at the fruit in the first place and did not DIE makes GOD A LIAR!! PERIOD!!
    Now this is someone truly burying their head in the sand The bible explains how this happened, and you go off pouting like a 5 year old, NO NO NO! But it all makes sense Yes, yes, yes!


    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    The scientists you quote that you say support creationism actually don't...because you only use partial quotations and since you have no comprehension for using the actual full on quotation just makes you a dishonest intellectual.

    But we've learned you support INCEST, SO HEY.
    So you have read up on every one of those scientists to say they don't or you plucking this from your booty?

    Say I'm dishonest all you like, BUT CAN YOU LOOK AT A MONKEY AS SAY HELLO COUSIN, AND MEAN IT? LOL....

  10. #235
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Well if you take the I believe impossible stories approach, then I guess we're in the same boat, because the monkies to man story just somehow does not apply for me. You choose to believe what they have as proof, and I choose to disregard how a monkey of any kind could become a man.

    The bible does not use genetics to explain how this all came about, so you won't get a scientifical answer on it. I try not to pull answers without the proof, and there is no real proof outside of the bible that the events of Adam and Eve and Noah took place.
    So, you admit, you CHOOSE to believe in impossible stories. You DON'T WANT to believe in evolution. Even though there is far more evidence for evolution (we've actually seen evolution occur in small species today!!) than there is for the bible. Again, wanting to believe in something and it being the truth are two different things.

    This even proves that Jesus was not the son of God. If he was, he would have known it was either impossible or it didn't happen and therefore would not have talked about it as truth.

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    However, I totally believe those things have taken place based on other infathomable truths in the bible such as prophecy. You can believe what you want about it, but when I see your version, I pray and thank Jehovah that he has granted his people the accurate understanding of his prophetic word, and that even if the world does not choose to see it, it is very plain to every eye looking, he has done just as he said he would.

    The prophecy in the bible Gives Jehovah a track record. Science has failed just as much as it has succeeded. When I weigh one against the other it's not a contest.

    Jehovah is 100 for 100 while science is at best 50/50. And I am being gracious.

    Your so called accurate prophecies have been shredded multiple times. One of your favorites about the city of Tyre:

    [I]"I am against you, O Tyre, and I will bring many nations against you, like the sea casting up its waves. They will scrape away her rubble and make her a bare rock. Out in the sea she will become a place to spread fishnets, for I have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD. She will become plunder for the nations, and her settlements on the mainland will be ravaged by the sword. For this is what the Sovereign LORD says: From the north I am going to bring against Tyre Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, king of kings, with horses and chariots, with horsemen and a great army. He will ravage your settlements on the mainland with the sword; he will set up siege works against you, build a ramp up to your walls and raise his shields against you. He will direct the blows of his battering rams against your walls and demolish your towers with his weapons. His horses will be so many that they will cover you with dust. Your walls will tremble at the noise of the war horses, wagons and chariots when he enters your gates as men enter a city whose walls have been broken through. The hoofs of his horses will trample all your streets; he will kill your people with the sword, and your strong pillars will fall to the ground. They will plunder your wealth and loot your merchandise; they will break down your walls and demolish your fine houses and throw your stones, timber and rubble into the sea. I will put an end to your noisy songs, and the music of your harps will be heard no more. I will make you a bare rock, and you will become a place to spread fishnets. You will never be rebuilt, for I YAHWEH have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD. " (Ezekiel Chapter 26 verse 3)[/I]


    Tyre was supposed to be destroyed and never rebuilt. It was never destroyed. Today it is the 4th largest city in Lebanon having a population of approx 117,000 people. It is one of Lebanon's largest port cities.

    You've claimed that it is a "place to spread fishnets" and therefore is a true prophecy. Hardly difficult to predict when it was already a port city on the Mediterranean Sea. Your whole prophecy relies on that alone. Plus Tyre was supposed to be conquered by Nebuchadnezzar. He was never able to do so.

    And the Alexander the Great prophecy is hardly a prophecy since it was written after it occurred to make it seem like a true prophecy.

    Plus, in Daniel, after Alexander the Great in Chapter 11 doesn't explain that in response to Antiochus' defilement of the temple and insults against religion, Michael, the archangel, would bring about the end of the world and the raising of the dead. Well, obviously the world hasn't ended.

    100 for 100. Hardly not. More like 0 for 100.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Aug 04, 2008 at 17:09.

  11. #236
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    But hey, where do humans get their morals from? Explain that please. You have not done so yet.
    That's it? That's all you got left? Where do we get our morals from? That's kind of a funny question coming from a person that believes in incest and lies to try and prove his beliefs true.

    It's simple. From the rule of law. When the rule of law is gone, even the most religious people lose their morals.

    Chimpanzees also show many of the same emotions and feelings we have. They are self aware too.

    My dog knows when he's done something bad before I punish him. God didn't give him this, I instructed him what was bad.

    But you want to believe a spooky invisible man gave it to us. LOL
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Aug 04, 2008 at 17:17.

  12. #237
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Who are we to say that incest is wrong? Maybe its really the right thing to do. God seemed to support it.

    Everyone! Go bang your sisters!

  13. #238
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    So, you admit, you CHOOSE to believe in impossible stories. You DON'T WANT to believe in evolution. Even though there is far more evidence for evolution (we've actually seen evolution occur in small species today!!) than there is for the bible. Again, wanting to believe in something and it being the truth are two different things.
    Now can I call you a liar for saying I believe in impossible stories? That is not what I really said was it?

    What I said is if I do believe in impossible stories, you surely do as well, and are worse off imo. Which is essentially the argument in reverse of course, that Carl Sagan has against creationalism that you call me a liar for. Same reasoning.


    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    This even proves that Jesus was not the son of God. If he was, he would have known it was either impossible or it didn't happen and therefore would not have talked about it as truth.
    No, what this proves is you just do not believe Jesus is the son of God. Jesus proved he was indeed such by his life course on earth.


    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Your so called accurate prophecies have been shredded multiple times. One of your favorites about the city of Tyre:

    [I]"I am against you, O Tyre, and I will bring many nations against you, like the sea casting up its waves. They will scrape away her rubble and make her a bare rock. Out in the sea she will become a place to spread fishnets, for I have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD. She will become plunder for the nations, and her settlements on the mainland will be ravaged by the sword. For this is what the Sovereign LORD says: From the north I am going to bring against Tyre Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, king of kings, with horses and chariots, with horsemen and a great army. He will ravage your settlements on the mainland with the sword; he will set up siege works against you, build a ramp up to your walls and raise his shields against you. He will direct the blows of his battering rams against your walls and demolish your towers with his weapons. His horses will be so many that they will cover you with dust. Your walls will tremble at the noise of the war horses, wagons and chariots when he enters your gates as men enter a city whose walls have been broken through. The hoofs of his horses will trample all your streets; he will kill your people with the sword, and your strong pillars will fall to the ground. They will plunder your wealth and loot your merchandise; they will break down your walls and demolish your fine houses and throw your stones, timber and rubble into the sea. I will put an end to your noisy songs, and the music of your harps will be heard no more. I will make you a bare rock, and you will become a place to spread fishnets. You will never be rebuilt, for I YAHWEH have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD. " (Ezekiel Chapter 26 verse 3)[/i]

    Tyre was supposed to be destroyed and never rebuilt. It was never destroyed. Today it is the 4th largest city in Lebanon having a population of approx 117,000 people. It is one of Lebanon's largest port cities.

    You've claimed that it is a "place to spread fishnets" and therefore is a true prophecy. Hardly difficult to predict when it was already a port city on the Mediterranean Sea. Your whole prophecy relies on that alone. Plus Tyre was supposed to be conquered by Nebuchadnezzar. He was never able to do so.
    This is your problem, so wise in your own eyes, you cannot see. The bible has a verse for such ones
    1st corinthians 3:18 Let no one be seducing himself: If anyone among YOU thinks he is wise in this system of things, let him become a fool, that he may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God; for it is written: “He catches the wise in their own cunning.” 20 And again: “Jehovah knows that the reasonings of the wise men are futile.”


    Your wisdom is far beneath Jehovah's, this is why you don't understand what you read, you are trying to be wiser than the wisdom giver! Not good.
    "This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘Here I am against you, O Tyre, and I will bring up against you many nations, just as the sea brings up its waves. And they will certainly bring the walls of Tyre to ruin and tear down her towers, and I will scrape her dust away from her and make her a shining, bare surface of a crag. A drying yard for dragnets is what she will become in the midst of the sea. . . . Here I am bringing against Tyre Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon from the north, a king of kings, with horses and war chariots and cavalrymen and a congregation, even a multitudinous people. And I will make you a shining, bare surface of a crag. A drying yard for dragnets is what you will become. Never will you be rebuilt; for I myself, Jehovah, have spoken,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah."—Ezek. 26:3-5, 7, 14.
    Now clearly what you are failing to take into account is the MANY NATIONS PART OF THE PROPHECY. Jehovah said he was bringing many nations. That would clearly mean more than 1. If he had stopped at Nebuchadnezzar, then it would not have been many nations, plural, but one, singular. THAT WOULD HAVE INDEED MADE THE PROPHECY FALSE, RATHER THAN TRUE. THAT IS, IF YOU HAVE PROPER RENDERING OF COURSE LETS READ WHAT SECULAR HISTORY REPORTS.


    Secular history reports that Nebuchadnezzar began a siege of Tyre sometime after destroying Jerusalem and the temple of Jehovah’s worship in 607 B.C.E. The Jewish historian Josephus, drawing upon Phoenician annals and other previously written history, states that Nebuchadnezzar’s siege against Tyre lasted thirteen years. The Bible indicates that Nebuchadnezzar’s forces inflicted considerable damage upon Tyre.—Ezek. 26:8-11.
    Tyre recovered from this blow struck by Babylon.

    NOW WOULD OTHER NATIONS INDEED ATTACK TYRE AS JEHOVAH SAID WOULD HAPPEN? LET'S CONSULT SECULAR HISTORY AGAIN!


    However, centuries later, Grecian forces under Alexander the Great moved against Tyre, which at that time was located on an island about half a mile (0.8 kilometer) from the mainland. When the inhabitants refused to capitulate to Alexander, he became enraged and had his men scrape up the ruins of the mainland city and throw them into the sea, thus building a causeway out to the island city. Then a sea battle took place in which Alexander’s forces prevailed. After a siege of seven months, Alexander’s men took the island city. When its inhabitants put up desperate resistance, the city was set on fire. It proved to be as another prophet, Zechariah, had foretold: "In the fire she herself will be devoured."—Zech. 9:4 Look! Jehovah himself will dispossess her, and into the sea he will certainly strike down her military force; and in the fire she herself will be devoured

    Now, it is notable to pay attention to the emboldened verses. First, we have another nation attacking Tyre. Just as Jehovah said would happen, that you apparently seemed to miss being wise in your own cunning. Secondly, Alexanders men scraped up the ruins from the now destroyed mainland that Babylon destroyed! Just like Jehovah said would happen! Alexander went on to destroy the island city of Tyre, the place the Tyrians took refuge in when they fled Babylonian armies, during the 13 year siege. But take into how precise the detail of the prophecy was fulfilled, here military force was struck down at sea, and when the inhabitants on land put up resistance, the city was literally lit on fire!!! HOW MUCH PROOF WOULD ONE NEED? ZECHARIAH WROTE THIS LONG B EFORE GREECE WAS A POWER! Now would that be the end of the Nations pummeling Tyre? secular history again says..

    Though Tyre kept trying to make a comeback through the centuries, the city repeatedly fell before hostile forces, just as God’s prophet had foretold. (Ezek. 26:3) What is the present condition of Tyre, which was one of the great sea powers of the ancient world? Ruins and a small seaport, called Sour (Sur), mark the site. Nina Jidejian, in her book Tyre Through the Ages (1969), declares: "The port has become a haven today for fishing boats and a place for spreading nets," exactly as prophesied through Ezekiel.—Ezek. 26:5, 14.

    So Tyre went from a worldwide great sea power, to a nation pummeled by nations, to being ruins and a small seaport. And you say it has been rebuilt? HAS IT? Do you think Tyre can withstand 13 years of seige from the US? Hope not. You call it how you see it.

    I'll see it for what it is, a place of ruins Jehovah has allowed to exist to make it a drying place for fishnets, to prove that whatever he wills, must take place. Prophecy.

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And the Alexander the Great prophecy is hardly a prophecy since it was written after it occurred to make it seem like a true prophecy.
    You have hardcore proof it was written after? If you do, I'll shut up about it. If you don't can you shut up about it?

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Plus, in Daniel, after Alexander the Great in Chapter 11 doesn't explain that in response to Antiochus' defilement of the temple and insults against religion, Michael, the archangel, would bring about the end of the world and the raising of the dead. Well, obviously the world hasn't ended.
    Clearly you lack full understanding of Daniels prophecies as well. Kings of the north and the south conflicts extend all the way down to our time if you are paying attention to history. So if you percieve it to be a time sooner, you are mistaken. I'll be glad to try and enlighten you if you wish.

    0 for 100? lol. k.

  14. #239
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Morals do not come from GOD. I'll explain this tomorrow using the smallest word I can find to explain why morals coming from GOD can't possibly be correct, and the alleged one's that did from scripture are completely asinine.

  15. #240
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    That's it? That's all you got left? Where do we get our morals from? That's kind of a funny question coming from a person that believes in incest and lies to try and prove his beliefs true.
    It seems you have convinced yourself that you have won some major victory of debate or something. Why so? You don't understand the prophecies you are trying to refute, and you can't make ambethicines africanus our ancestor. All you have prove is that truth can smack you in the face and you refuse to budge, and that you see monkeys as our cousins for some reason.

    More power to you though.

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    It's simple. From the rule of law. When the rule of law is gone, even the most religious people lose their morals.
    Who instituted first the rule of law? Our sage monkey ancestors with the primitive tools?
    For a true Christian, there is no such thing as no rule of Law. Our law Giver has never left us without law. So those who don't follow him are not truly his people. Very simple.

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Chimpanzees also show many of the same emotions and feelings we have. They are self aware too.
    And all the known planets and suns and moons in the universe are round. Bet you can't live on any of them

    Just because we are similar does not mean we come from them.

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    My dog knows when he's done something bad before I punish him. God didn't give him this, I instructed him what was bad.

    But you want to believe a spooky invisible man gave it to us. LOL
    You laugh at Jehovah, but the jokes on you. Why? Did you hear yourself? You said your dog knows when he does something bad because you punish him. But if you never punished him, how would he know it's bad? So in effect, you become his moral giver.

    So the question remains, who gave people morals? Someone had to do for us what you have done for your dog, correct? If you don't have a beter answer than rule of law, can I say as you like to say, that's bs?

    Explain the Conscience? Why do we all have one? Could it be that the Law giver of humans inbedded it in us to help us abide in law? And if we evolved, what part of evolution accounted for this part of us?

    Will you get the last laugh, or Jehovah?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •