Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 297

Thread: Explaining Evolution And Why GOD is NOT LIKELY

  1. #256
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Sagan's argument was not that it cannot have been designed, but it was not consistent with a great designer if it was, which in turn appears to defend his stance on his person al belief that it was not.

    And the stories are not impossible because they can happen. You believe that africanus is our ancestor, and not all scientists agree with you. But you still believe it. Cuz you choose too. Period. Just as I choose to believe the bible.
    The belief that Australopithecus africanus being an ancestor of ours is completely within the realm of plausible genetics and evolution. Adam and Eve and Noah's Arc are impossible. Flat out impossible. THEY CANNOT HAPPEN. Plus there are other species of Australopithecus like Australopithecus anamensis, and Australopithecus afarensis that are considered more closely related to us. And you forget about Homo habilis, Homo erectus, Neanderthal man and Cro-magnon man that are all part of the gradual evolution of modern man. DNA testing of Neanderthal man even shows they are almost identical to us.

    This is far more believable and realistic than Adam and Eve, or Noah's Arc. Plus there is evidence. Where you have none to support your impossible fairy tales.

  2. #257
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Once again you turn to personal attacks....

    Plus, how can you draw that my life is "wicked and selfish."

    If you really look at it, selfishness is the nature of man. You have never done a thing in your entire life that wasn't selfish. Not a single thing.

    Donated money? Did it to make yourself feel good and relieve yourself of guilt. Not your fault others suffer.

    There aren't selfless actions, only selfish actions. Someone who does something with nothing to gain is non-existent. It denies human logic to do something that gives you nothing back.

    But hey, think I'm crazy or whatever, but it just shows you're in denial. I mean, who would really like to believe this? It doesn't give you a whole lot.
    I can draw that based on what you say about yourself. Maybe wicked is harsh though, I'll say unrighteous. I apologize. Not too big for such a thing.

    With sin, selfish inclination comes naturally. But being inclined to do something, even naturally does not mean you must oblige that nature.

    For instance, I could be selfish and bang everything moving. That may be cool for me, but if I did that I would be disappointing Jehovah who did not make us for that lifestyle, and hurt my wife, and my kids. Potentially ruin my family. So out of love for them, to make them happy, and have a happy home, I refrain from such selfish activity. Even though my selfish inclination says go for it.

    Instead of maybe playing madden, or working out, or basketball with my spare time, I sometimes use that to go knocking door to door trying to tell people about God's heavenly Government that has real answers and solutions for mankind. This information could very well save their life. Most of the time they decline. Should I say "self, you could have been playing Madden or something instead"?

    Would you consider yourself selfish if you saw me about to walk into harms way and all it took was for you to briefly stop what you were doing to inform me of such? Well this is what Jehovah's witnesses worldwide are tryin g to unselfishly do. It is up to all hearing to heed the warning. Many don't.

  3. #258
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Would you consider yourself selfish if you saw me about to walk into harms way and all it took was for you to briefly stop what you were doing to inform me of such? Well this is what Jehovah's witnesses worldwide are tryin g to unselfishly do. It is up to all hearing to heed the warning. Many don't.
    Interesting analogy. If there were no danger, I would consider you rude and bothersome. Like what you are doing when you go door to door. It is rude.

    And like the bible says...

    6 "If your brother, your mother's son, or your son or daughter, or the wife you cherish, or your friend who is as your own soul, entice you secretly, saying, `Let us go and serve other gods' (whom neither you nor your fathers have known, 7 of the gods of the peoples who are around you, near you or far from you, from one end of the earth to the other end), 8 you shall not yield to him or listen to him; and your eye shall not pity him, nor shall you spare or conceal him. 9 "But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 "So you shall stone him to death because he has sought to seduce you from the LORD your God who brought you out from the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 11 "Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and will never again do such a wicked thing among you.

  4. #259
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    The belief that Australopithecus africanus being an ancestor of ours is completely within the realm of plausible genetics and evolution. Adam and Eve and Noah's Arc are impossible. Flat out impossible. THEY CANNOT HAPPEN. Plus there are other species of Australopithecus like Australopithecus anamensis, and Australopithecus afarensis that are considered more closely related to us. And you forget about Homo habilis, Homo erectus, Neanderthal man and Cro-magnon man that are all part of the gradual evolution of modern man. DNA testing of Neanderthal man even shows they are almost identical to us.

    This is far more believable and realistic than Adam and Eve, or Noah's Arc. Plus there is evidence. Where you have none to support your impossible fairy tales.
    If it looks, walks and talks as a monkey, chances are it's a monkey. But to evolutionists, it's open for interpretation! It could very well be our daddy!

    If it talks like a man, walks like a man, it's a man. What form, what kind, can differ. We have different shapes of man now. Not any less men. That does not mean they have evolved. Evolution is plain and simply an belief system. Not factual. To consider something, and something to be a fact is different.

    Fact, Babylon was defeated without a fight by Cyrus and his army by diverting the river Euprates, and the ****y Babylonians leaving their gates open during a festival. Fact Cyrus and his army restored the Jews to to their homeland so they can restore true worship. Fact Babylon is a place of desolate ruins as we speak.

    FACT Alexander the great defeated the persian army, died abruptly, and his power was split amongst his four generals.

    FACT Tyre was Pummeled by many nations at the hieght of it's power. FACT Nebuchadnezzar destroyed the Tyranian mainland. FACT Alexander the great used the ruins of the mainland to make a causeway to the Island city the Tyranians fled too upon the destruction of the mainland. FACT Alexander's army defeated the Tyranian army out at sea. FACT Alexanders army set the Island city on fire upon resistance from the Islands remaining inhabitants. FACT Tyre is now a place called sur, and is a drying yard for dragnets, or a sea port.

    FACT Roman armies under General Cestius Gallus surrounded Jerusalem and even attacked the temple wall, undermining it in 66 ce. FACT
    A few years later, in 70 CE, Roman armies under General Titus came back into Judea and encircled Jerusalem with pointed stakes and no one was able to escape. The city was massacred, utterly destroyed.

    FACT: THE GOOD NEWS OF THE KINGDOM OF JEHOVAH IS NOW BEING PREACHED IN THE ENTIRE INHABITED EARTH. HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, IN YOUR VERY TOWN.

    FACT. THE BIBLE PROPHECIED THAT ALL OF THESE THINGS WOULD TAKE PLACE, LONG BEFORE THEY BEGAN TO HAPPEN.

    When science can do something this incredible, I'll take a more serious look into it replacing my beliefs. But since I know it won't happen




  5. #260
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Interesting analogy. If there were no danger, I would consider you rude and bothersome. Like what you are doing when you go door to door. It is rude.
    But a lot of times, people walk into danger without thinking there is any. Whether you believe or not there is no danger is on you. But we are in the time of the end according to the bible. Most people, biblically inclined, or not realize mankind cannot continue in the way it is without a change of course. Common sense is telling people this. The environment is getting worse due to polution and blatant disregard by man to preserve our natural resources. War. Disease and famine on unprecedented scales. Governments are failing to properly appease their people. Economies crippling countries. What is going right? And more important who can fix it? Scientists? President Bush? Obama? Mccain? The UN?

    But a biblical pessimists may say, things have always been this sorta way throughout history. What makes today any different? Countries have always gone to war. Things seem to work out somehow though!

    But here is a tidbit of information. The Worldwatch institute reports that 3 times as man y people have died due to war since 1914 than all of the wars from the first century AD to 1899 AD. And even with all the advancements in science and medicine, every year hunger claims the lives of 5 million children. FIVE MILLION CHILDREN!!!!!!!! THAT IS NOT FACTORING TEENS AND ADULTS WHO SUFFER THAT FATE.

    I want a government, science, or somebody that says I should relinquish my love for my invisible sky daddy to give me the answers to the questions that my invisible sky daddy has provided. I want a goverment that is honest with it's people. That provides fairly for all of it's people. A government that won't send it's troops off to war for selfish endeavors.

    I want science to stop making nuclear warheads. I wants science to actually start curing people of major pestilences, instead of helping them live with it better. I want science to find a way to help us to live longer than 70 years on avg. I want science to prevent people from just getting old for no apparent reason. I want science to stop chasing dead monkey carcasses and truly start benefiting mankind. And that means all of mankind, not just those who can afford it.

    Why do I want this? Because the God of the bible promises to do all of these things, and his prophetic word has proven he can do what he says he will.

    WHEN WILL MAN ACTUALLY START DOING WHAT THEY SAY THEY WILL?

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And like the bible says...

    6 "If your brother, your mother's son, or your son or daughter, or the wife you cherish, or your friend who is as your own soul, entice you secretly, saying, `Let us go and serve other gods' (whom neither you nor your fathers have known, 7 of the gods of the peoples who are around you, near you or far from you, from one end of the earth to the other end), 8 you shall not yield to him or listen to him; and your eye shall not pity him, nor shall you spare or conceal him. 9 "But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 "So you shall stone him to death because he has sought to seduce you from the LORD your God who brought you out from the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 11 "Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and will never again do such a wicked thing among you.
    The mosaic law was a precursor to what was to come. It was to set in place what God's purpose for man is. The point of these laws was to show God's people what God excepts as true worship and what is not. If they broke these laws, the penalty would be stiff. Why? Because Jehovah only wants righteous people on earth. But the underlying meaning of the Law was Love.

    If you Love Jehovah, you would not bow down to false Gods. Jehovah does not except false worship. If you do such, you are constituting yourself an enemy of his. If you love your wife, you would not cheat. If you love your neighbor you will not steal. If you love your children, you raise them to love the God that shows love and you help them to know and respect his laws. So those at that time that broke these laws needed to be disciplined according to the Law.

    Jesus death finished off the Mosaic law. We don't stone, or Kill because the law died with jesus. But one must abide in Jesus love by obeying him accordingly, as he obeys Jehovah. And Jehovah says Love him above all other things, and Love your neighbor as you love yourself. This is what a true Christian lives his life by. If everyone did this, there would be no lying, stealing, murder, fornication and greed of any kind. For all of those things the wrath of God is coming.

    Jehovah preserves those that live righteously, and destroys those who oppose his righteous ways. That is why there was punishment in the mosaic law, and why he plans to destroy the wicked people of earth soon.

  6. #261
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. My definition of rebuilt, is different than yours. I define rebuilt as being rebuilt. Something new in its place. It seems like you are redefining rebuilt in order to keep the prophecy true. The bible doesn't say "it will never be a dominant power again". It simply says it will not be rebuilt. When clearly it has.
    rebuild
    1. To build again.
    2. To make extensive structural repairs on.
    3. To remodel or make extensive changes in: tried to rebuild society.
    Rebuild does not have a strict sense as you are trying to apply. The Tyrian society has not been rebuilt. Those People on that Seaport don't even call themselves Tyrians. Their status, their power on the world scene is pretty much non existent. They have not been rebuilt to the society it once was. There is no need for me to twist what rebuilt means, because it applies to how the bible uses it. It just takes

    discernment

    1. The act or process of exhibiting keen insight and good judgment.
    2. Keenness of insight and judgment.
    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And I interpret it differently when it comes to Nebuchadnezzar. I read it as him destroying and conquering Tyre, you do not. That doesn't mean I'm disregarding the "many nations" part, I just read it as Nebuchadnezzar doing all of those things because it only refers to him after it mentions that it will be destroyed. That many nations will come but Nebuchadnezzar will be the one to conquer and destroy Tyre.
    But if you used
    discernment

    1. The act or process of exhibiting keen insight and good judgment.
    2. Keenness of insight and judgment.
    You would maybe have read upon a bit more. Nebuchadnezzar attacked Tyre shortly after that Prophecy was relayed to the Tyrians. So he began the attacks on Tyre by the Nations. So how you assumed other Nations would attack but he destroy it is likely due to lack of research. The Babylonian seige was the first after the prophecy was recorded.

    And either way, you are still ignoring the intracasies of the prophetic word come true when the Greeks destroyed the island city. Alexander literally suing the ruins of the mainland to make a causeway to the Island, him defeating the army of Tyre at sea, and setting the city on fire.

    All of this was prophesied about. Why no reference to this?

  7. #262
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    If it looks, walks and talks as a monkey, chances are it's a monkey. But to evolutionists, it's open for interpretation! It could very well be our daddy!

    If it talks like a man, walks like a man, it's a man. What form, what kind, can differ. We have different shapes of man now. Not any less men. That does not mean they have evolved. Evolution is plain and simply an belief system. Not factual. To consider something, and something to be a fact is different.
    Yeah, ok. So all the fossils we've found are rare mutated monkies or humans that just happen to live 3 million to 150,000 years ago. And they just happen to be more human-like the more recent they are. (sarcasm)

    Come on, man. There isn't a huge conspiracy to disprove your religion. The facts just do. It's the religious that don't want this evidence to be known because it disproves their beliefs in an invisible, loving, but hateful and vengeful, being that created everything in 6 days. And disproves the already impossible story of two people spawning over 6 billion people.

    Which species may be our true ancestor is debated amongst evolutionists, but every evolutionist knows we came from an Austrolapithicus-like species. And for your information Austrolapithicus doesn't walk like a monkey. It's skull (brain size) shape and structure are similar to a monkey but it's spinal and skeletal structure show it to have walked upright, like humans. It walks like a man and talks like a monkey. What do you call that then?

    I'll stick with the facts and evidence. You can stick with the spooky invisible being and impossible fairy tales.



    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    rebuild
    1. To build again.
    2. To make extensive structural repairs on.
    3. To remodel or make extensive changes in: tried to rebuild society.
    Rebuild does not have a strict sense as you are trying to apply. The Tyrian society has not been rebuilt. Those People on that Seaport don't even call themselves Tyrians. Their status, their power on the world scene is pretty much non existent. They have not been rebuilt to the society it once was. There is no need for me to twist what rebuilt means, because it applies to how the bible uses it. It just takes

    discernment

    1. The act or process of exhibiting keen insight and good judgment.
    2. Keenness of insight and judgment.


    But if you used
    discernment

    1. The act or process of exhibiting keen insight and good judgment.
    2. Keenness of insight and judgment.
    You would maybe have read upon a bit more. Nebuchadnezzar attacked Tyre shortly after that Prophecy was relayed to the Tyrians. So he began the attacks on Tyre by the Nations. So how you assumed other Nations would attack but he destroy it is likely due to lack of research. The Babylonian seige was the first after the prophecy was recorded.

    And either way, you are still ignoring the intracasies of the prophetic word come true when the Greeks destroyed the island city. Alexander literally suing the ruins of the mainland to make a causeway to the Island, him defeating the army of Tyre at sea, and setting the city on fire.

    All of this was prophesied about. Why no reference to this?
    The fact remains that Tyre has been rebuilt. You are the one putting a strict sense to the word. You are saying Tyre must be a world power again in order for it to be considered rebuilt. Your definition of rebuild pretty much proves my argument. It is not keen insight or judgement on your part, it is redefining a word so your bible doesn't look false. Prophecy false = bible false = your world comes crumbling down.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Aug 06, 2008 at 11:53.

  8. #263
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Jesus death finished off the Mosaic law. We don't stone, or Kill because the law died with jesus. But one must abide in Jesus love by obeying him accordingly, as he obeys Jehovah. And Jehovah says Love him above all other things, and Love your neighbor as you love yourself. This is what a true Christian lives his life by. If everyone did this, there would be no lying, stealing, murder, fornication and greed of any kind. For all of those things the wrath of God is coming.
    I assume Mosaic Law refers to the laws of Moses? So the death of Jesus finished off the Ten Commandments? But you refer to the Ten Commandments as how a true Christian lives. In other words, you pick and choose which parts of the bible you want to follow. Like all sects of Christianity, they pick and choose and have different interpretations, each just as convinced as the next of their beliefs being true. By the way, what is wrong with fornication?

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Jehovah preserves those that live righteously, and destroys those who oppose his righteous ways. That is why there was punishment in the mosaic law, and why he plans to destroy the wicked people of earth soon.
    Like I said before, an egotistical, megalomaniac.

    He loves you but will destroy you if you do not worship him (sounds like a psychopath).

    He plans to destroy the wicked people and the only people that are not wicked are your kind = arrogance.

    Quite frankly, your God is an a**hole, and you are an arrogant pr*ck. I don't want to have any part of your religion. It's disgusting and hateful.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Aug 06, 2008 at 11:36.

  9. #264
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I assume Mosaic Law refers to the laws of Moses? So the death of Jesus finished off the Ten Commandments? But you refer to the Ten Commandments as how a true Christian lives. In other words, you pick and choose which parts of the bible you want to follow. Like all sects of Christianity, they pick and choose and have different interpretations, each just as convinced as the next of their beliefs being true. By the way, what is wrong with fornication?



    Like I said before, an egotistical, megalomaniac.

    He loves you but will destroy you if you do not worship him.

    He plans to destroy the wicked people and the only people that are not wicked are your kind = arrogance.

    Quite frankly, your God is an a**hole, and you are an arrogant pr*ck. I don't want to have any part of your religion. It's disgusting and hateful.
    Seriously if there is a GOD, holy texts have got to be the worst ****ing PR job ever done. Somewhere he's got be going...

    "What the ****...I never authorized this ****...I was not there for the floods I was busy creating Andromeda...damn killing people for not believing in me...considering I made them that way...no sex before marriage..I made vagina's and penises shaped like that for a reason...dude this the last time before I do bong hits before science class"

  10. #265
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I assume Mosaic Law refers to the laws of Moses? So the death of Jesus finished off the Ten Commandments? But you refer to the Ten Commandments as how a true Christian lives. In other words, you pick and choose which parts of the bible you want to follow. Like all sects of Christianity, they pick and choose and have different interpretations, each just as convinced as the next of their beliefs being true. By the way, what is wrong with fornication?
    You will never understand until you want too. And if you cannot figure out what is wrong with fornication in a world where it's ruining lives and families on a grand scale, don't know what to tell ya.


    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Like I said before, an egotistical, megalomaniac.

    He loves you but will destroy you if you do not worship him (sounds like a psychopath).

    He plans to destroy the wicked people and the only people that are not wicked are your kind = arrogance.

    Quite frankly, your God is an a**hole, and you are an arrogant pr*ck. I don't want to have any part of your religion. It's disgusting and hateful.
    Quite frankly, you don't know enough God to base an opinion of that nature. It's clear you don't have nearly as much knowledge or understanding of his word that you appear to think you have, yet you write him off the way you do.

    And I'M THE ARROGANT PR* CK?

    Bottom line is, you have zero facts to support your evolution argument, you only have belief in the theory, and when compared to the ACTUAL FACTS OF THE BIBLE, that theory falls way, way flat. Sorry, comparing monkey bones , mankind bones and saying if this was this way and not that way, they would be identical so they must have a common ancestor, is not enough for me to believe I have a monkey pops. IF!

    If I played and hit powerball I could probably move to Shaq's block in south florida. IF!

    Had Ewing not been hurt in 99, the Knicks probably would have beaten the Spurs in the finals that year. IF!

    There are no ifs concerning bible prophecy. This is the difference between evolution and the bible. Once source is proven, the other is theory.

    But I'm done in this thread. Everyone has exausted their opinion to the full. No sense in running in circles.

    Enjoy the day!

  11. #266
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Yeah, ok. So all the fossils we've found are rare mutated monkies or humans that just happen to live 3 million to 150,000 years ago. And they just happen to be more human-like the more recent they are. (sarcasm)

    Come on, man. There isn't a huge conspiracy to disprove your religion. The facts just do. It's the religious that don't want this evidence to be known because it disproves their beliefs in an invisible, loving, but hateful and vengeful, being that created everything in 6 days. And disproves the already impossible story of two people spawning over 6 billion people.

    Which species may be our true ancestor is debated amongst evolutionists, but every evolutionist knows we came from an Austrolapithicus-like species. And for your information Austrolapithicus doesn't walk like a monkey. It's skull (brain size) shape and structure are similar to a monkey but it's spinal and skeletal structure show it to have walked upright, like humans. It walks like a man and talks like a monkey. What do you call that then?
    I'll stick with the facts and evidence. You can stick with the spooky invisible being and impossible fairy tales.
    So, too, with Australopithecus. More research has disclosed that its skull "differed from that of humans in more ways than its smaller brain capacity."43 Anatomist Zuckerman wrote: "When compared with human and simian [ape] skulls, the Australopithecine skull is in appearance overwhelmingly simian—not human. The contrary proposition could be equated to an assertion that black is white."44 He also said: "Our findings leave little doubt that . . . Australopithecus resembles not Homo sapiens but the living monkeys and apes."45 Donald Johanson also said: "Australopithecines . . . were not men."46 Similarly Richard Leakey called it "unlikely that our direct ancestors are evolutionary descendants of the australopithecines."47

    32 If any australopithecines were found alive today, they would be put in zoos with other apes. No one would call them "ape-men." The same is true of other fossil "cousins" that resemble it, such as a smaller type of australopithecine called "Lucy." Of it Robert Jastrow says: "This brain was not large in absolute size; it was a third the size of a human brain."48 Obviously, it too was simply an "ape." In fact, New Scientist said that "Lucy" had a skull "very like a chimpanzee’s."49
    33 Another fossil type is called Homo erectus—upright man. Its brain size and shape do fall into the lower range of modern man’s. Also, the Encyclopædia Britannica observed that "the limb bones thus far discovered have been indistinguishable from those of H[omo] sapiens."50 However, it is unclear whether it was human or not. If so, then it was merely a branch of the human family and died off.

    The Human Family

    34 Neanderthal man (named after the Neander district in Germany where the first fossil was found) was undoubtedly human. At first he was pictured as bent over, stupid looking, hairy and apelike. Now it is known that this mistaken reconstruction was based on a fossil skeleton badly deformed by disease. Since then, many Neanderthal fossils have been found, confirming that he was not much different from modern humans. In his book Ice, Fred Hoyle stated: "There is no evidence that Neanderthal man was in any way inferior to ourselves."51 As a result, recent drawings of Neanderthals have taken on a more modern look.

    35 Another fossil type frequently encountered in scientific literature is Cro-Magnon man. It was named for the locality in southern France where his bones were first unearthed. These specimens "were so virtually indistinguishable from those of today that even the most skeptical had to concede that they were humans," said the book Lucy.52

    36 Thus, the evidence is clear that belief in "ape-men" is unfounded. Instead, humans have all the earmarks of being created—separate and distinct from any animal. Humans reproduce only after their own kind. They do so today and have always done so in the past. Any apelike creatures that lived in the past were just that—apes, or monkeys—not humans. And fossils of ancient humans that differ slightly from humans of today simply demonstrate variety within the human family, just as today we have many varieties living side by side. There are seven-foot humans and there are pygmies, with varying sizes and shapes of skeletons. But all belong to the same human "kind," not animal "kind."


    So not everyone studying in the feild of evolution believes what you do. Are they wrong?



    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    The fact remains that Tyre has been rebuilt. You are the one putting a strict sense to the word. You are saying Tyre must be a world power again in order for it to be considered rebuilt. Your definition of rebuild pretty much proves my argument. It is not keen insight or judgement on your part, it is redefining a word so your bible doesn't look false. Prophecy false = bible false = your world comes crumbling down.
    I'll see if you answer this this time. You have ignored it at least 3 or 4 times already.

    And either way, you are still ignoring the intracasies of the prophetic word come true when the Greeks destroyed the island city. Alexander literally using the ruins of the mainland to make a causeway to the Island, him defeating the army of Tyre at sea, and setting the city on fire.

    All of this was prophesied about. Why no reference to this?

    And it's impossible for anyone to sway my belief in the bible. WHY? BECAUSE I HAVE LIVED TO BE PART OF BIBLE PROPHECY. I HELP DECLARE THE GOOD NEWS OF THE KINGDOM. JUST LIKE JESUS SAID WOULD HAPPEN BEFORE THE END CAME!

    That is something you, nor anyone else can put a blind eye too. Jehovah's work on earth is being accomplished whether you choose to believe in it or not. Bible prophecy in your time, in your very face. And there is nothing anyone can do or say that will make it go away. Because it is God's will that it be done. That is why bigger men than you and I have not been able to stop it from happening, though they have tried!

    So like I said before, You have exausted your opinion, as have I. But at least you get responded too. I'm still waiting for a response to a few things. But the no comment has given me my answer. You don't have one.

  12. #267
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    You will never understand until you want too. And if you cannot figure out what is wrong with fornication in a world where it's ruining lives and families on a grand scale, don't know what to tell ya.
    I'm sorry what part do I not understand. You either follow Mosaic Law or you don't. If you follow the bible then you must kill anybody who tries to convince you of a false god. The bible tells you to kill me. That's f*cked up. But the Ten Commandments (Mosaic Law) says you shall not kill. Which is it? Another contradiction in the bible. But I guess it takes a spritual understanding to translate: "But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 "So you shall stone him to death because he has sought to seduce you from the LORD your God "

    Honestly, Christianity has ruined more lives than sex. The worst times in human history (not the last 90 years) were during the dark ages, or when Christianity ruled. And it's crap like what I just quoted that shows how awful your religion is. It's a shame you don't have sex. You're missing out bro. What a waste.


    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Bottom line is, you have zero facts to support your evolution argument, you only have belief in the theory, and when compared to the ACTUAL FACTS OF THE BIBLE, that theory falls way, way flat. Sorry, comparing monkey bones , mankind bones and saying if this was this way and not that way, they would be identical so they must have a common ancestor, is not enough for me to believe I have a monkey pops. IF!
    This is just flat out bullsh*t. We have seen evolution in species today. We have DNA evidence and fossil records as well. These are facts. The bible has none. You just don't want to accept the truth. Believing in an imaginary, invisible being that cares for you, gives meaning to your life and makes you feel special. You don't want to give that up. It's called living in denial.

    Sorry, impossible stories, invisible beings that love you but will destroy you if you don't worship him, and false prophecies based on personal interpretation and redefining of words is not enough for me to believe in your god.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Aug 06, 2008 at 16:30.

  13. #268
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Knicks4lyfe, were you home-schooled? Did you home-school your children?

  14. #269
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I'm sorry what part do I not understand. You either follow Mosaic Law or you don't. If you follow the bible then you must kill anybody who tries to convince you of a false god. The bible tells you to kill me. That's f*cked up. But the Ten Commandments (Mosaic Law) says you shall not kill. Which is it? Another contradiction in the bible. But I guess it takes a spritual understanding to translate: "But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 "So you shall stone him to death because he has sought to seduce you from the LORD your God ".

    Law
    Covenant. The Law covenant between Jehovah and the nation of natural Israel was made in the third month after their leaving Egypt, in 1513 B.C.E. (Ex 19:1) It was a national covenant. One born a natural Israelite was, by birth, in the Law covenant and was thus in this special relationship with Jehovah. The Law was in the form of a code, arranged in an orderly way, its statutes grouped together. The Law, transmitted through angels by the hand of a mediator, Moses, was made operative by a sacrifice of animals (in the place of Moses, the mediator, or "covenanter") at Mount Sinai. (Ga 3:19; Heb 2:2; 9:16-20) At that time Moses sprinkled half the blood of the sacrificed animals on the altar, then he read the book of the covenant to the people, who agreed to be obedient. Afterward he sprinkled the blood upon the book and upon the people. (Ex 24:3-8) Under the Law, a priesthood was established in the house of Aaron, of the family of Kohath of the tribe of Levi. (Nu 3:1-3, 10) The high priesthood passed by descent from Aaron to his sons, Eleazar succeeding Aaron, Phinehas succeeding Eleazar, and so forth.—Nu 20:25-28; Jos 24:33; Jg 20:27, 28.


    The terms of the Law covenant were that if the Israelites kept the covenant they would be a people for the name of Jehovah, a kingdom of priests and a holy nation, with His blessing (Ex 19:5, 6; De 28:1-14); if they violated the covenant, they would be cursed. (De 28:15-68) Its purposes were: to make transgressions manifest (Ga 3:19); to lead the Jews to Christ (Ga 3:24); to serve for a shadow of the good things to come (Heb 10:1; Col 2:17); to protect the Jews from false, pagan religion and preserve the true worship of Jehovah; to protect the line of the seed of promise. Added to the covenant with Abraham (Ga 3:17-19), it organized the natural seed-nation of Abraham through Isaac and Jacob.

    The Law covenant extended benefits to others not of natural Israel, for they could become proselytes, getting circumcised, and could receive many of the Law’s benefits.—Ex 12:48, 49.

    get that so far???



    How


    did the Law covenant become "obsolete"?


    However, the Law covenant became in a sense "obsolete" when God announced by means of the prophet Jeremiah that there would be a new covenant. (Jer 31:31-34; Heb 8:13) In 33 C.E. the Law covenant was canceled on the basis of Christ’s death on the torture stake (Col 2:14), the new covenant replacing it.—Heb 7:12; 9:15; Ac 2:1-4.


    So basically, we're under the new covenant, not the mosaic law. Which means we don't have to kill anyone for not believing. As I ha ve said already. And the terms of the mosaic law were disclosed. Hope it helps.




    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Honestly, Christianity has ruined more lives than sex. The worst times in human history (not the last 90 years) were during the dark ages, or when Christianity ruled. And it's crap like what I just quoted that shows how awful your religion is. It's a shame you don't have sex. You're missing out bro. What a waste.
    Did the dark ages kill 100 million people? Did they have the spanish flu? Aids? You seriously wanna say the dark ages was worse than the last 100 years?

    I have kids. So I'm sure I have had sex. But I am married, so It is morally clean for me to have sex.

    But lets look at what fornication does. Teen and unwanted pregnancy, which a lot of times leads to broken homes, children growing up in single parent homes, abortion and vd. Adultery which ruins families, breaks up the family structure, sometimes disease and abortion, stress and resentment towards former spouse and even children!

    If more people take marriage and premarital sex(fornication) more seriously, these sort of issues within the world would be way less common.

    Fornication has largely been responsible for the "Baby momma, Baby daddy" epidemic that is plaguing the country and even the world. But hey, maybe God does not know what he is talking about when he says don't do it. Maybe it's cool to fornicate. The world loves it! That is why the world is sooooooooooooo wonderful!



    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    This is just flat out bullsh*t. We have seen evolution in species today. We have DNA evidence and fossil records as well. These are facts. The bible has none. You just don't want to accept the truth. Believing in an imaginary, invisible being that cares for you, gives meaning to your life and makes you feel special. You don't want to give that up. It's called living in denial.

    Sorry, impossible stories, invisible beings that love you but will destroy you if you don't worship him, and false prophecies based on personal interpretation and redefining of words is not enough for me to believe in your god.
    Not according to great scientific minds like Fred Hoyle and such. Not every scientists agrees with this. If you choose to side with those who do, so be it. But this so called evidence is not enough to convince everyone.

    But we all agree the earth is round!

    Also, why do you keep ignoring the full detail of the Tyre prophecy? Are you that arrogant to feel the need to ignore truth when it smacks you in your thick forehead?

    I find it hilarious actually that you have not once addressed it. I wanna see how you can say I twisted words for that lol.
    Last edited by Knicks4lyfe; Aug 06, 2008 at 18:38.

  15. #270
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I just have to ask...

    Why does it matter if sex is morally clean? I can understand physically clean in regard to disease. But morally clean...what functional purpose does that serve for humans...NOT GOD?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •