Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Summer League mix

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Summer League mix

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,785
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Big C, thanks for the video. But the Knicks Danillo Gallinari did not play in the 2nd Game vs Spurs. The reason Why is

    Bullshutt!
    Bum wasted Lottery Pick! Danilo Gallinari
    He cant even play 5 summer games.
    The Proffesional Euro League is that soft?
    Another Coach Pet Player, and I thought the Knicks organization learned something from all of Isiah Pet Players.
    Coach Isiah Thomas gave all of his "Pet-Players" so much playingtime when all they could produce were poor performances. Coaching like that affects the winning players on the roster waiting for some playingtime.

    Danilo Gallinari is a coach Pet project that committed mistake after mistake his first 23 minutes on the court (with pure poor performance), and still gets more playingtime over 4 DNP teammates. It reminds me of coach Isiah Thomas doing. Now he cant play because the Summer League is to rough for him, so he pulls a Q.Richardson sore back injury like he was the only one that bumbed into Tractor Trailer. BULLSHUUT!

    Knick-Fans are watching the Knicks summer League games to see Gallinari performance vs rookie NBA players.
    And coach D'Antoni is resting Gallinari so he can play for the Olympics???????

    Aint nothing changed with this Knick Team with the hiring of two more Idiots in Walsh and D'Antoni...

  3. #3
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    And coach D'Antoni is resting Gallinari so he can play for the Olympics???????
    Italy will NOT be at the Olympics with the men basketball team...

  4. #4
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I would let him play in olympics, its as much expirience as summer league, heck its more. he will learn things at the olympics, if every other team can let their players go why can't we?

  5. #5
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Big C, thanks for the video. But the Knicks Danillo Gallinari did not play in the 2nd Game vs Spurs. The reason Why is

    Bullshutt!
    Bum wasted Lottery Pick! Danilo Gallinari
    He cant even play 5 summer games.
    The Proffesional Euro League is that soft?
    Another Coach Pet Player, and I thought the Knicks organization learned something from all of Isiah Pet Players.
    Coach Isiah Thomas gave all of his "Pet-Players" so much playingtime when all they could produce were poor performances. Coaching like that affects the winning players on the roster waiting for some playingtime.

    Danilo Gallinari is a coach Pet project that committed mistake after mistake his first 23 minutes on the court (with pure poor performance), and still gets more playingtime over 4 DNP teammates. It reminds me of coach Isiah Thomas doing. Now he cant play because the Summer League is to rough for him, so he pulls a Q.Richardson sore back injury like he was the only one that bumbed into Tractor Trailer. BULLSHUUT!

    Knick-Fans are watching the Knicks summer League games to see Gallinari performance vs rookie NBA players.
    And coach D'Antoni is resting Gallinari so he can play for the Olympics???????

    Aint nothing changed with this Knick Team with the hiring of two more Idiots in Walsh and D'Antoni...

    So basically you want Gallo to play in the 5 MEANINGLESS summer league games against players that for the most part won't be in the league and risk injury, rather then have him fully healthy for training camp?

    This kid played a full Euro League season then did the workout tour, he's probably burned out. It's not like these games matter, he took place in the small mini camp over the weekend. Who cares about these games. I don't even see the point for Wilson Chandler and Nate Robinson to be playing in these games. The Bulls shut down Rose, the Clippers shut down Gordon and we shut down the guy we hope will be a big contributor over the next decade. Sounds like the smart move to me.

    Also he's not even attending the Italian team camp anymore, he's skipping that to concentrate on getting into training camp shape.

    I know theres nothing going on so we try to make the summer league mean something, but its meaningless and were looking far to much into it. I mean we were undefeated and had the summer league MVP last season and we only won 23 games, pretty obvious summer league games don't matter.

    Gallo not playing in some summer league games is the least of our problems. I'd be more worried about the Marbury situation and trying to trade Zach Randolph then our 6th overall pick playing in some highschool gym games.

    Also you complain about guys playing in these games then you also argue about players on the roster getting DNP? I mean are you serious, why do this grocery store guys deserve minutes, since for some reason Chandler, Nate, and Roberson are on the team they might as well play. If your the 12th guy on a summer league team its time to just give up.

    Kiya all us posters for the most part are pessimestic about this team except for the real young kids who think we can win 50 games. But your pessimism reaches a whole new level. You hate on people who haven't even done anything yet.

  6. #6
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Big C, thanks for the video. But the Knicks Danillo Gallinari did not play in the 2nd Game vs Spurs. The reason Why is

    Bullshutt!
    Bum wasted Lottery Pick! Danilo Gallinari
    He cant even play 5 summer games.
    The Proffesional Euro League is that soft?
    Another Coach Pet Player, and I thought the Knicks organization learned something from all of Isiah Pet Players.
    Coach Isiah Thomas gave all of his "Pet-Players" so much playingtime when all they could produce were poor performances. Coaching like that affects the winning players on the roster waiting for some playingtime.

    Danilo Gallinari is a coach Pet project that committed mistake after mistake his first 23 minutes on the court (with pure poor performance), and still gets more playingtime over 4 DNP teammates. It reminds me of coach Isiah Thomas doing. Now he cant play because the Summer League is to rough for him, so he pulls a Q.Richardson sore back injury like he was the only one that bumbed into Tractor Trailer. BULLSHUUT!

    Knick-Fans are watching the Knicks summer League games to see Gallinari performance vs rookie NBA players.
    And coach D'Antoni is resting Gallinari so he can play for the Olympics???????

    Aint nothing changed with this Knick Team with the hiring of two more Idiots in Walsh and D'Antoni...
    I agree. I think the main reason why they're resting Gallinari is because they know he ain't all that. Isiah Thomas has a history of drafting role players, and they know that that's exactly what Gallinari is-a role player. Every player that Isiah Thomas has drafted on the Knicks has become a role player, including Isiah Thomas' famous lottery pick, Channing Frye. Since Isiah was the one who recommended to pick Gallinari, I have no reason to think any different. I think this year's lottery pick was a waste of a pick. If we're going to draft a role player, at least get one at a position you need to improve. The Knicks already have Wilson Chandler and Renaldo Balkman. What they needed was a center and a point guard. So what they should've done was draft a center and sign a free agent point guard, or drafted a point guard and sign a free agent center. Gallinari was Walsh and D'Antoni's pet pick. If Patrick Ewing was our coach, the Knicks would've never drafted Gallinari.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Big C, thanks for the video. But the Knicks Danillo Gallinari did not play in the 2nd Game vs Spurs. The reason Why is

    Bullshutt!
    Bum wasted Lottery Pick! Danilo Gallinari
    He cant even play 5 summer games.
    The Proffesional Euro League is that soft?
    Another Coach Pet Player, and I thought the Knicks organization learned something from all of Isiah Pet Players.
    Coach Isiah Thomas gave all of his "Pet-Players" so much playingtime when all they could produce were poor performances. Coaching like that affects the winning players on the roster waiting for some playingtime.

    Danilo Gallinari is a coach Pet project that committed mistake after mistake his first 23 minutes on the court (with pure poor performance), and still gets more playingtime over 4 DNP teammates. It reminds me of coach Isiah Thomas doing. Now he cant play because the Summer League is to rough for him, so he pulls a Q.Richardson sore back injury like he was the only one that bumbed into Tractor Trailer. BULLSHUUT!

    Knick-Fans are watching the Knicks summer League games to see Gallinari performance vs rookie NBA players.
    And coach D'Antoni is resting Gallinari so he can play for the Olympics???????

    Aint nothing changed with this Knick Team with the hiring of two more Idiots in Walsh and D'Antoni...

    Thanks Kia.

    I think Danilo needs to hit the weight room as soon as possible. In the NBA the players are more physical and he will get hit like that all the time. I hope this does not mean he will sit out when things get tough. Gallinari's jumpshot did look good. At the same time in Italy the 3 point shot is closer compared to the NBA shot being far out. I see Danilo as a 2 year project. The things this kid needs to work on are:

    Rebounding
    Defense
    Strong postup moves
    And a signature move
    Getting stronger

    I guess the feeling is the Knicks don't expect to go anywhere next year or the year after. The only thing that matters is 2010. Which I suspect will get us probably Joe Johnson. I can't see the Knicks getting Wade or Lebron.


    The one thing that I did see that was good is the development of Wilson Chandler. I think the guy can play both ends of the court. He also has a jumpshot to go with his ability to get to the hole.


    I am still don't know what the Knicks will do as far as playing defense and rebounding. This team needs rebounds to run the break.

  8. #8
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Thumbs up

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    So basically you want Gallo to play in the 5 MEANINGLESS summer league games against players that for the most part won't be in the league and risk injury, rather then have him fully healthy for training camp?

    This kid played a full Euro League season then did the workout tour, he's probably burned out. It's not like these games matter, he took place in the small mini camp over the weekend. Who cares about these games. I don't even see the point for Wilson Chandler and Nate Robinson to be playing in these games. The Bulls shut down Rose, the Clippers shut down Gordon and we shut down the guy we hope will be a big contributor over the next decade. Sounds like the smart move to me.

    Also he's not even attending the Italian team camp anymore, he's skipping that to concentrate on getting into training camp shape.

    I know theres nothing going on so we try to make the summer league mean something, but its meaningless and were looking far to much into it. I mean we were undefeated and had the summer league MVP last season and we only won 23 games, pretty obvious summer league games don't matter.

    Gallo not playing in some summer league games is the least of our problems. I'd be more worried about the Marbury situation and trying to trade Zach Randolph then our 6th overall pick playing in some highschool gym games.

    Also you complain about guys playing in these games then you also argue about players on the roster getting DNP? I mean are you serious, why do this grocery store guys deserve minutes, since for some reason Chandler, Nate, and Roberson are on the team they might as well play. If your the 12th guy on a summer league team its time to just give up.

    Kiya all us posters for the most part are pessimestic about this team except for the real young kids who think we can win 50 games. But your pessimism reaches a whole new level. You hate on people who haven't even done anything yet.
    lol i agree with your post. You lived up to your name with this post keepin it very realistic. I laughed when i read kiyamans post earlier today...one of the most negative posts i have seen on here. The only thing that i disagree with you about is how we should worry more about marbury....maybe outside of knicksonline but as far as this site goes i think we've spent alotta time worrying about that already. Im at the point where im willing to give up talking about him until something happens...but if i see others bring him up i will most likely respond.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jul 13, 2008, 22:29
  2. Summer League Roster
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 08, 2007, 10:53
  3. What's Wrong With The League 2
    By ShairanXIII in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: Jun 19, 2007, 11:11
  4. Summer League - Knicks vs. Bulls
    By portega1968 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul 13, 2005, 20:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •