Shot Blocking Centers?

Paul1355

All Star
Actually, there's a field in the profile called Edit Avatar. You can either select one from our existing database, or you can linkoff one from another site. You can also upload one if you have it on your computer ;).

true thanks again Rady

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The Nets still have a lot of power forwards. That means if they can find takers for Stromile Swift and/or Sean Williams - I know some of you won't like that I include his name but they are looking to move him - the Nets will deal each or both.

We need to get Sean Williams. He will be a beast in the D'Antoni system. He averages 1.7 blocks in only 17.5 min/game. He can run the floor well, has a decent jumpshot near the basket and will block shots and rebound like a madman.

Malik Rose (or Eddy Curry) for both Stromile Swift (expiring contract) and Sean Williams would work. We need to get this guy. Come on Donnie! Stop f*cking around and address our post-defense needs! New Jersey is looking to move him, and we desperately need a player like him.

metrocard

Legend
We need to get Sean Williams. He will be a beast in the D'Antoni system. He averages 1.7 blocks in only 17.5 min/game. He can run the floor well, has a decent jumpshot near the basket and will block shots and rebound like a madman.

Malik Rose (or Eddy Curry) for both Stromile Swift (expiring contract) and Sean Williams would work. We need to get this guy. Come on Donnie! Stop f*cking around and address our post-defense needs! New Jersey is looking to move him, and we desperately need a player like him.

Why would Nets want to give up Sean Williams, when Williams/Lopez is their future front court?

jzero29

Rotation player
Rubio looks nice, sean williams, solid

Sean Williams isnt a center. At 6'10, I dont know if he has the size to deal with a lot of the bigger guys at the 5. Plus I dont know if the Nets would be willing to trade within the division. I like the idea though.
Bigger guys at the 5 will have to worry about our up beat pace. They'll have to run alot and get tired, A lighter faster center, is what we need. Nets probably won't trade to us. Unless we are really getting the shaft.
Sean Williams is 6"10, so what?

Ben Wallace was 6"8/6"9 for his career and strickly played center only.

Williams plays bigger than most centers, and has a freakish wingspan.

Doubting his ability to play center only because he's 6"10 is really foolish.
Great point, we need a guy who can run, at 6"10 maybe he'll be able to get the step on bigger slower centers, thus giving him the advantage and running them into the ground, a tired 7 footer is no match for a 6'10" guy running the floor. Camby would have been great.

I think he's a good fit, NJ may be willing to trade him, but will they take our garbage in return? while trading in their own division, Don't think so.

Why would Nets want to give up Sean Williams, when Williams/Lopez is their future front court?
They offered him in a trade already. Why not? besides that we are in the same division and we would trade them junk.

P.s. metro who's beautiful booty is in your signature?

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
In what trade rumor?

They offered Sean Williams and Marcus Williams to Denver for Marcus Camby but Denver declined.

The quote I posted in my most recent post is from some New Jersey Nets website. It is also in Hoopshype.

They are looking to move him. They want to get rid of some of their PFs to get more guards. We could trade Nate for him.

metrocard

Legend
Camby is a defensive player of the year, so its understandable.

I don't think we have anyone of Camby's caliber.