bad move

jayp

Benchwarmer
im beginning to think that the trade was made at a wrong time or better yet, shouldn't have been made at all.. we've been losing and tim thomas is ques.. without houston, teams will focus on marbury now that nobody is a threat from the perimeter or outside (which was houston and KVH).. our only hope is if shandon will begin playing like he should, dermarr continues his groove(and possibly starting), penny paces and not rush himself, nazr keeps on playing tough, mutombo accepts his role and does his job, sweet becomes a reliable player, O keeps on hustling, and the others just producing when given the chance.. its a long list but its achievable, hehe

Swifftey

Benchwarmer
yeah.. i agree this wasn't a too bright move by thomas, but i wasn't expecting the results to appear right from the first day, i really think we should wait a bit more, this is a brand new team, and most of our players didn't played toghether for more than a month

rick700

Rookie
I think this trade might be a good one. I think when allan comes back, thomas and allen will complement each other well. Tim is quick and he can slash to the basket. If you saw him during the kings game he looked awesome on the break. He is a better fit for this team. Even though he is not as good of a shooter as vanhorn he can still stick the 3, plus he gives us athlteticism. Mohammed, is 26 years old with a good post game and a good rebounder. I loved doleac (especially with the pick and roll) but mohammed is a better center. So overall I think the trade is a thumbs up. I think the reason they are playing so bad, has a lot to do with the fact that marbury is not playing well at all. He is putting up good stats but he is not running the offense like he was earlier in the season and penny is slumping as well. Penny has to pick it up until allan comes back. Let me know what you guys think.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
I agree with rick... We have much more athletic players now. TT and Nazr showed that they can be productive if they work hard. (I am ignoring their play against Phoenix because the Knicks as a whole have not played well in the second game of back to backs) I like that TT will drive instead of just shooting jumpers. I also liked that dunk he had against Phoenix. I didn't think Marbury would give up the ball but he did. I am expecting good things from them as they all become more comfortable with each other.

jayp

Benchwarmer
well, i have been pessimistic of late.. maybe m just anxious because our guys had been losing.. but i really hope houston comes back and everyone plays comfortably which should result in wins.. :p

Rojasmas

Rookie
I think TT is finding his groove and ready to become a reliable 18 a game scorer now. The offense can be deadly when Houston comes back if Thomas can operate on smaller defenders when he posts them up. With Houston on the perimeter, teams aren't gonna double as much as they have been, last night and in the Kings game. Marbury has to come out of his funk and K Thomas is totally lost of late. What is up with him?

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Rojasmas said:
I think TT is finding his groove and ready to become a reliable 18 a game scorer now. The offense can be deadly when Houston comes back if Thomas can operate on smaller defenders when he posts them up. With Houston on the perimeter, teams aren't gonna double as much as they have been, last night and in the Kings game. Marbury has to come out of his funk and K Thomas is totally lost of late. What is up with him?

Totally agree. From what ive seen so far TT can become a very reliable scorer.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I agree with that as well. We'll see what happens tonight with Houston back. Hopefully they click, Denver is a good team this year. Who would have thought that Camby could play this long without an injury.

Rojasmas

Rookie
The trade was fine. T Thomas will produce and is producing as you can see from his 33 and 22 points games. His offense can be excellent. KVH was soft and Marbury couldn't stand him from their NJ Nets days. Plus, Thomas fits with the Knicks better. The problem is Houston has been out, so another shooter is needed to step up. T Thomas can score 20+ some nights but it is a given with Houston. Also, Thomas creates double teams in the low post where Houston will be deadly shooting 3's when Thomas passes out of the double teams. Patience, my man. Patience. We are going to get the Nets in the first round. By then hopefully we are fully jelled.

Rojasmas

jayp

Benchwarmer
we better start our playoff run while the conference is weak.. we may be able to get homecourt in the playoffs if everything goes right..

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Denver has a really good team. it seems like everyone is ending their losing streak against the Knicks. That sucks!!!!!!!! :evil: