Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Too many SF!!!!

KnicksonLIN.com

The reason why the Knicks even have a dilemma, at the small forward position, is because Walsh drafted another small forward. This is how I think the minutes should be distributed:

PG Marbury
    SG Crawford
    SF Chandler
    PF Randolph
    C Jeffries

Bench: PG Robinson, SG Richardson, SF Gallinari, PF/C David Lee(Lee played center in college, he can do it in the NBA).

Forget Curry, he sucks. Stephon Marbury & Nate Robinson >>> Chris Duhon

The minute that Quentin Richardson gets one of his usual injuries, put Roberson as a backup shooting guard.

I know I left out Balkman, but it's impossible to fit 5 small forwards into an 8-10 man rotation, unless you want people to play out of position.

Originally Posted by abcd
    The reason why the Knicks even have a dilemma, at the small forward position, is because Walsh drafted another small forward. This is how I think the minutes should be distributed:

PG Marbury
    SG Crawford
    SF Chandler
    PF Randolph
    C Jeffries

Bench: PG Robinson, SG Richardson, SF Gallinari, PF/C David Lee(Lee played center in college, he can do it in the NBA).

Forget Curry, he sucks. Stephon Marbury & Nate Robinson >>> Chris Duhon

The minute that Quentin Richardson gets one of his usual injuries, put Roberson as a backup shooting guard.

I know I left out Balkman, but it's impossible to fit 5 small forwards into an 8-10 man rotation, unless you want people to play out of position.
    So you would start Jeffries and leave Balkman out of the rotation? Balkman can help the team way more than Jeffries and he plays hard defense. I can understand leaving Q out but not 24 yr old Balkman.

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by jpz17
    turn Balkmen into a PF, Gally into a PF, and Jefferies into left bench
    Im very high on Gallo and really bealive he is gonna turn out to be a great choice but Power Forward he would be in the hospital he played one summer league game and got pounded so much at the Small forward spot they put him in traction and remember this is the East its a lot different then the West where other small guys play the power and are quick in the East they bang the whole game

Originally Posted by metrocard
    NBA is Soft.
    Gallo can easily play PF
    Rashard Lewis plays PF full time in Orlando.
    and Gallo is much more physical than Lewis.

Marbury
    Richardson
    Chandler
    Gallo
    Lee
    Q can play defense but he wouldnt keep up with most SG theyll run around him he plays a good SF.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    So you would start Jeffries and leave Balkman out of the rotation? Balkman can help the team way more than Jeffries and he plays hard defense. I can understand leaving Q out but not 24 yr old Balkman.
    Don't blame me, blame Donnie Walsh. He's the one that came up with the idea of having 5 small forwards. I only put Jeffries at center, because Curry sucks. Balkman is too short to play center. Quentin Richardson sucks, too. I only included him, because I know he's injury prone, and Roberson would get an opportunity to play afterwards. Also, you're talking about defense. D'Antoni isn't focussing on defense. I think it's stupid not to focus on defense on a team that's main weakness is defense, but I'm not the one to decide.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk

Balkman and Jeffries are the same player, all defense...Balkmans advantage is that he's faster and more athletic...but they're both bench players. I'd take Q over those two guys any day...Q plays D, he lost wait hes a little faster, and his shot is better than both Jeffries and Balkman combined.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Q can play defense but he wouldnt keep up with most SG theyll run around him he plays a good SF.
    Still better than Crawford.

Still better than Crawford.
    You'll be surprised how good Crawford does this year at SG..hes a pure SG.

12th man

I don't know what a pure SG is.

If it includes

-Chucking
    -Poor defense
    -Poor ball handling (traveling/bad passing)
    -One dimensional game
    -Forcing the offense to watch you making everything stagnant.

Then you're right, Crawford is a pure SG.

who has better handles than crawford????
    the leader in assists...a bad passer??
    no1 else on last years roster could have created hteir own shot besides marbury and he hardly played
    i understand u hate crawford n all, but give credit where it is due,
    q rich can and will never be a better sg than crawford, he is out of shape, not as athletic, cannot pass, has less stamina
    just beacuse ur not a great defender, dosent mean your game is one dimensional...its not like he is wally szerbiak who only has a spot up shooting game....once again, do not allow the stats to fool you....the situations that crawford takes his shots are not the same as other sg's in the league....who else on the knicks can hit the consistent mid range jump shot? malik rose? curry? lee? balkman? jefferies? oh, maybe morris or chandler or even collins? last season, we HAD NO SHOOTERS....so crawford was forced to take the bulk of the shots, other teams realized this and made him take tough shots....if crawford wasnt taking a 3 pointer, all of his shots were contested last season. we will see how he does with help this year in a different system

and if u want to mention his turnovers, you again have to watch games....how many sweet passes have lee completely ****ed up??? how many passes has butterfingers curry messed up, zach was the only big man last year who had good hands recieving passes. keep in mind, the nba has a rule, its always the passers fault, so if fat man curry misses a great pass and it goes out of bounds, the passer is credited with the turnover

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Toons
    and if u want to mention his turnovers, you again have to watch games....how many sweet passes have lee completely ****ed up??? how many passes has butterfingers curry messed up, zach was the only big man last year who had good hands recieving passes. keep in mind, the nba has a rule, its always the passers fault, so if fat man curry misses a great pass and it goes out of bounds, the passer is credited with the turnover
    Jamal Crawford is definitely better than Quentin Richardson. He's just not very popular on this website. Similar to Zach Randolph and Stephon Marbury. A lot of people don't like those players, for whatever reason, and it effects their judgement. I'm sure metrocard knows Crawford's better, but he doesn't like Crawford's lack of defense and poor shot selection. I don't like his poor defense and poor shot selection, either, but he is better than Quentin Richardson. Richardson averages 9.8 ppg on 37% shooting from the field, 33% shooting from 3, and 67% shooting from the free throw line, for his career with the Knicks. Richardson even admitted that he's been playing bad, during an interview at the summer league.

I agree that Curry can't catch passes. Part of why Marbury's assists per game has been going down is because Curry always turns the ball over, after he gives him the ball. I've also seen Jamal Crawford and Zach Randolph give Curry good passes, and he still would turn the ball over or miss an easy lay up. Isiah Thomas was even quoted saying, "we're getting the ball to Curry 4 feet from the basket. We can't get him any closer."
    Last edited by abcd; Jul 18, 2008 at 19:57.

Veteran

Default Richardson..

Needs to go. Crawford too, but Crawford is definitely better than Q. Q really has no spot on the team far as I can see. He makes starter money, but he should not start. He can defend well, but let's be real, this is an offensive mindset now. He does not fit. But neither does Balkman, Jefferies..

12th man

Crawford has a great crossover, but he carries and travels the ball ALOT, his ball handling skills aren't even average at all.
    He has ball handling ability, but really needs to mature his skill if he wants to ever be considered "skillful" in ball handling.

Crawford has a great mid range shot.

Problem is, he doesn't utilize it much.

Crawford wasn't forced to do anything.
    Stop making excuses.
    Isiah gave Crawford this team.
    Crawford made everyone watch him play like a clown and turning the Knicks into a NBA version of a circus, with Crawford traveling and juggling the ball and feeding the ball to the circus's favorite, Eddy the Elephant.

Crawford just isn't good or mature enough to be the teams starting 2.

If he played like Sprewell, then I would be wrong. But he's the anti-Spree.

I would prefer Richardson because he lost 15 pounds and got back in shape. Q-Rich has more offensive moves than Jamal (post scoring and long range) and would be a better spot up shooter. QRich is already a good defender and has EXPERIENCE under D'Antoni's winning system. Crawford doesn't have any experience winning period. I don't want him on this team, he needs to go just like Isiah did.

Crawford has a great crossover, but he carries and travels the ball ALOT, his ball handling skills aren't even average at all.
    He has ball handling ability, but really needs to mature his skill if he wants to ever be considered "skillful" in ball handling.

Crawford has a great mid range shot.

Problem is, he doesn't utilize it much.

Crawford wasn't forced to do anything.
    Stop making excuses.
    Isiah gave Crawford this team.
    Crawford made everyone watch him play like a clown and turning the Knicks into a NBA version of a circus, with Crawford traveling and juggling the ball and feeding the ball to the circus's favorite, Eddy the Elephant.

Crawford just isn't good or mature enough to be the teams starting 2.

If he played like Sprewell, then I would be wrong. But he's the anti-Spree.

I would prefer Richardson because he lost 15 pounds and got back in shape. Q-Rich has more offensive moves than Jamal (post scoring and long range) and would be a better spot up shooter. QRich is already a good defender and has EXPERIENCE under D'Antoni's winning system. Crawford doesn't have any experience winning period. I don't want him on this team, he needs to go just like Isiah did.
    u really dont watch games man, how can u imply that jamaal crawfords ball handling skills are below average?? thats stupid....at least give him props for his handles.....he does get called for palming her en there, but who dosent? kobe gets called for hooking the elbow in the post, shaq gets called for travels , all dominant big men get offensive fouls with the elbow on a spin....iverson gets called for palming almost every game.....so that means he isnt a good ball handler too then?
    next, if ur teams star point guard goes down, the next best player at the position is FORCED to play OUT OF THEIR natural position. Crawford didnt ask to be a #1 option, he dosent draw plays for himself either, but u have ur opinion....it was crawfords fault that the knicks looked so bad lol ..... the teams leading scorer and assist leader caused them to lose....
    btw, so what if q lost weight....eddy lost weight last year too.....
    but thats ur opinion, u have a right to not want him there...im not gonna b like the rest of u kids and call u names because of ur opinion