Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 72

Thread: Too many SF!!!!

  1. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    0

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by abcd
    1)If Marbury was white, I would still support him. I'm not a biased supporter of Mabury. The facts are there for everyone to see. Marbury has led this team in scoring and assists for most of the time he's been here, and that's why I don't want him traded, waived, or bought out.

    2)I'm not black, so stop jumping to conclusions. There's black people in my family, since my father is dark skinned, but he's Puerto Rican.

    3) My point is you need to stop overreacting and face reality. Racism still exists. If you can't handle this reality, then that's you're problem. 99% of people agree that racism still exists. You go fall into the 1% that thinks the world is perfect and that there's no problems in the world. There's people that like David Lee because he's white. Most people don't like him because he's white, but there's people that do. If you don't believe me then that's your problem. I don't live in fantasy worlds where I think that everything's is perfect.

    Quote from a Knick fan from another blog:
    "What similarities do David Lee and "Diamond Dave" have in common? Well, they're both white. And(I sincerely believe this to be true) they both rock."

    Proof that this statement was mentioned by an actual Knick fan:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Another quote:
    "Like I said yesterday, this season David Lee will be the most recognizable white men in the NBA."

    Proof that this statement was mentioned by an actual Knick fan:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Another quote:
    "Lee is a rich man's Scalabrine. The fans love him because he's white and hustles, coaches like him because he understands everyone's role and accepts his own."

    Proof that this statement was mentioned by an actual Knick fan:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    I rest my case.
    First off I have no problems,Second I could care less what nationality you are Im not on this site to be anybodys friend or get to know anything about your personal life I just want to talk basketball thats what this site was here for if you or anybody else need this site to talk racisim or use it as sounding board than your the one with the problem because to turn Basketball conversations into talks about the worlds racisim problems is pathetic.Now about me overreacting and face reality about racisim to put it out there so you understand I Dont give a **** if it does exist it dont effect me and its not my problem,Im not a racisit,It dont effect me,And to answer your question my life is perfect and the way I want it to be.Now this is my point this site is for basketball not to talk about your problems they have therapists for that and if someone is gonna make comments about my race Im going to defend it, I dont care who it upsets,And like I said before Im not here to make friends with anybody so if you cant handle me being proud of my race than thats just your problem.I dont think you get it White people dont live in a fantasy world and think Racisim dont exist but it just gets tired of hearing about it for every topic this is a Knicks site and I got to hear about Racisim its a joke

  2. #47
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimenezz7
    First off I have no problems,Second I could care less what nationality you are Im not on this site to be anybodys friend or get to know anything about your personal life I just want to talk basketball thats what this site was here for if you or anybody else need this site to talk racisim or use it as sounding board than your the one with the problem because to turn Basketball conversations into talks about the worlds racisim problems is pathetic.Now about me overreacting and face reality about racisim to put it out there so you understand I Dont give a **** if it does exist it dont effect me and its not my problem,Im not a racisit,It dont effect me,And to answer your question my life is perfect and the way I want it to be.Now this is my point this site is for basketball not to talk about your problems they have therapists for that and if someone is gonna make comments about my race Im going to defend it, I dont care who it upsets,And like I said before Im not here to make friends with anybody so if you cant handle me being proud of my race than thats just your problem.I dont think you get it White people dont live in a fantasy world and think Racisim dont exist but it just gets tired of hearing about it for every topic this is a Knicks site and I got to hear about Racisim its a joke
    I don't think you get it. My point was that you overreacted, which is a fact. I never said that white people live in a fantasy world; you're the one that said that. I'm done talking to you. Now you're making things up that I never even said, because you're mad at the facts. I have proof to backup what I say, but you have no proof. Apparently that makes you mad, and it results in you making up false statements that I supposily said. I understand that this is a sports forum. You need to practice what you preech. The minute that MSG said something about David Lee that you didn't like, you immediately started talking about race. You need to check yourself.

    MSG's post:
    i feel bad that you had to right all this...alotta knicks fans are blind to the fact that crawford is only an average player. They see his 20 and 5 numbers which appear to be good but if you watch him enough and you take a look at his shooting percentages...you know the deal. I knew a knicks fan from my college who was all over crawfords nuts. It made me sick. Hes the most overrated player on this team...EVER with david lee in 2nd place. Some of the white fans stay on Lee's c0ck like a jimmy hat.

    Great post metro...im gonna add this to the Crawford sucks thread....even though i dont think crawford sucks. I felt like it was necessary to use that thread title to get the point across.

    Your reaction:
    Here we go again we love Lee because he is White,Maybe you cant understand respecting a player who works hard maybe thats not a criteria for you,Dont you know us White Fans have a secret society and only want white guys on the team,Honestly Im about done with this site almost everybody on here turns everything into a White and Black issue its a ****ing Joke.You know what Im gonna stop Respecting what Lee does Im gonna start Respecting the other players on the team like Marbury I respect the fact that he cant fit in anywhere and is a complete disruption or how about Curry I Respect how he is the laziest Softest player in the league and that he is gonna eat his way out of the NBA,Or maybe Q Rich who I see in my friends Strip Club almost as much as the Dancers maybe Nate who rather dunk than win and has no problem sitting on the bench down 40 and laughing and joking,or how about Zach he is the perfect role model great teamate never in trouble,Or should I back Crawford who has never once played team basketball since the day he has been here Jerome James now theres someone to get behind,You know even better I should have really Supported Isiah now thats a guy with Class his team is the laughing stock of the league and he is spending all his time trying to bang ****ed up looking interns.I hate to break this to you but most people in the white society Respect hard work its not that we ride anyones **** we dont have to at least I dont have to but obviously unlike you we Respect players that earn there contract and work hard,And just so you dont get it twisted I respect Balkman to they are the only to guys on the team that play hard so dont Hate because this team is full of clowns and there are only two players that are respectable it just so happens that one of them are white.You know I usually like your Posts but that one was a joke


    If that's not overreacting, I don't know what is.
    Last edited by abcd; Jul 20, 2008 at 16:44.

  3. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    0

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by abcd
    I don't think you get it. My point was that you overreacted, which is a fact. I never said that white people live in a fantasy world; you're the one that said that. I'm done talking to you. Now you're making things up that I never even said, because you're mad at the facts. I have proof to backup what I say, but you have no proof. Apparently that makes you mad, and it results in you making up false statements that I supposily said. I understand that this is a sports forum. You need to practice what you preech. The minute that MSG said something about David Lee that you didn't like, you immediately started talking about race. You need to check yourself.

    MSG's post:
    i feel bad that you had to right all this...alotta knicks fans are blind to the fact that crawford is only an average player. They see his 20 and 5 numbers which appear to be good but if you watch him enough and you take a look at his shooting percentages...you know the deal. I knew a knicks fan from my college who was all over crawfords nuts. It made me sick. Hes the most overrated player on this team...EVER with david lee in 2nd place. Some of the white fans stay on Lee's c0ck like a jimmy hat.

    Great post metro...im gonna add this to the Crawford sucks thread....even though i dont think crawford sucks. I felt like it was necessary to use that thread title to get the point across.

    Your reaction:
    Here we go again we love Lee because he is White,Maybe you cant understand respecting a player who works hard maybe thats not a criteria for you,Dont you know us White Fans have a secret society and only want white guys on the team,Honestly Im about done with this site almost everybody on here turns everything into a White and Black issue its a ****ing Joke.You know what Im gonna stop Respecting what Lee does Im gonna start Respecting the other players on the team like Marbury I respect the fact that he cant fit in anywhere and is a complete disruption or how about Curry I Respect how he is the laziest Softest player in the league and that he is gonna eat his way out of the NBA,Or maybe Q Rich who I see in my friends Strip Club almost as much as the Dancers maybe Nate who rather dunk than win and has no problem sitting on the bench down 40 and laughing and joking,or how about Zach he is the perfect role model great teamate never in trouble,Or should I back Crawford who has never once played team basketball since the day he has been here Jerome James now theres someone to get behind,You know even better I should have really Supported Isiah now thats a guy with Class his team is the laughing stock of the league and he is spending all his time trying to bang ****ed up looking interns.I hate to break this to you but most people in the white society Respect hard work its not that we ride anyones **** we dont have to at least I dont have to but obviously unlike you we Respect players that earn there contract and work hard,And just so you dont get it twisted I respect Balkman to they are the only to guys on the team that play hard so dont Hate because this team is full of clowns and there are only two players that are respectable it just so happens that one of them are white.You know I usually like your Posts but that one was a joke


    If that's not overreacting, I don't know what is.
    Listein Einstein I dont need to check ****,You dont like what I said thats your problem deal with it,But I dont give a **** about you or anybody else here.You say I brought up race I didnt bring up **** your friend made the statement about white guys riding Lees dick.And I said White guys dont got to ride anything now thats a fact,Then you say I got mad there is not a person on this site that can get me mad none of you mean anything to me its a Knick web site we are not friends we have nothing to do with each other so dont flatter yourself and think what you say or do makes any difference to me I could care less.And do you think your so called facts mean **** to me.All I care about is information on the team I dont care about your problems with society honestly I dont give a **** there your problems,Bottom line is this I am going to respond whenever anybody says anything about my race on a website in person whatever I love being white the same way your proud of whatever you are So check yourself and all your problems that you have with society talk to a therapist

  4. #49
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Jim








































































































    RELAX

  5. #50
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard;616[B

    RELAX[/B]
    Tell me about it. lol All I said was for Jiminezz to calm down, and that a few people really do like David Lee because he's white. You could read the quotes I have on page 3 of this thread. I wasn't even trying to attack Jiminezz. I was just trying to tell him to calm down, because it was no big deal. lol

  6. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    0

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Tell me about it. lol All I said was for Jiminezz to calm down, and that a few people really do like David Lee because he's white. You could read the quotes I have on page 3 of this thread. I wasn't even trying to attack Jiminezz. I was just trying to tell him to calm down, because it was no big deal. lol
    This is what I dont understand someone makes a comment about White guys riding Lees dick because he is white,I reply back and give examples of why people like Lee,But Im the wrong one and I should calm down,All I did is provide informative reasons why people tend to like Lee and give reasons why it is hard to support anybody else on the team,Then you got involved in the topic and defended Msg for saying What he said about white fans.So please tell me why I was wrong to disagree with what he said.And please dont bring up ancient history its 2008 and this site is for basketball not for debating Racisim in the country

  7. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I'm white and think Lee is a bit overrated. However, I do understand why fans are so attracted to him over and above the fact that many people root for players that are similar to themselves (either race or ethnic background etc..). He has a great work ethic, plays really hard in games, and seems more team oriented than a lot of the other Knicks. Fans love that. By the way, I am an Italian American and think Gallinari will be a contender for rookie of the year and D'Antoni will get coach of the year. So maybe I am a little biased also.

  8. #53
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicklover
    I'm white and think Lee is a bit overrated. However, I do understand why fans are so attracted to him over and above the fact that many people root for players that are similar to themselves (either race or ethnic background etc..). He has a great work ethic, plays really hard in games, and seems more team oriented than a lot of the other Knicks. Fans love that. By the way, I am an Italian American and think Gallinari will be a contender for rookie of the year and D'Antoni will get coach of the year. So maybe I am a little biased also.
    Lee isnt over-rated look at all the rebounds and points he has averaged mostly off the bench.

  9. #54
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Lee isnt over-rated look at all the rebounds and points he has averaged mostly off the bench.
    Overrated doesn't mean you suck. Overrated means you get too much credit for certain things. David Lee was voted the favorite Knick in 2006. There's obviously players on the team that are better than him, yet he's still more popular than most of people on the team. If you look at it, he is overrated. David Lee doesn't play defense, and he has problems shooting the jump shot, and people rarely criticize him. There's other people on the Knicks with the same weaknesses as him, and they are criticized a lot more. The criticisms that players get on this team are deserved, but David Lee doesn't get his weaknesses criticized as much as players like: Marbury, Randolph, Crawford, Curry, Robinson, etc. That's all that overrated means. A lot of people take it as an insult, but it really isn't. It just means you get too much credit or hype, and David Lee does get too much credit and hype, when you consider that there's people on the Knicks that are better than him yet get more criticized than him.
    Last edited by abcd; Jul 21, 2008 at 22:32.

  10. #55
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Overrated doesn't mean you suck. Overrated means you get too much credit for certain things. David Lee was voted the favorite Knick in 2006. There's obviously players on the team that are better than him, yet he's still more popular than most of people on the team. If you look at it, he is overrated. David Lee doesn't play defense, and he has problems shooting the jump shot, and people rarely criticize him. There's other people on the Knicks with the same weaknesses as him, and they are criticized a lot more. The criticisms that players get on this team are deserved, but David Lee doesn't get his weaknesses criticized as much as players like: Marbury, Randolph, Crawford, Curry, Robinson, etc.
    He did hav his break out year in rebounds off the bench from 06 to 07 if thats when that survey was talking about. His jump is improving but needs lots of work, his free throw shooting has gone up from 06-07 season to last season alot. So you can tell that he is working hard to improve his offensive game, has great work ethic but i think u said that already.

    And your listed players have had problems either on the court or off unlike Lee. Randolph has argued with his coach before and involved in stupid shootouts or fights whatever he has gotten hit wit the headline news. Crawford I like but is getting hated on for his fg% last year. Curry was a disspointment last year as compared to the year before when he averaged 19 a game, but i still think he has potenital. and Robinson has an ego and was involved in that NUggets fight so of course all these players get more ciritcism.

  11. #56
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    He did hav his break out year in rebounds off the bench from 06 to 07 if thats when that survey was talking about. His jump is improving but needs lots of work, his free throw shooting has gone up from 06-07 season to last season alot. So you can tell that he is working hard to improve his offensive game, has great work ethic but i think u said that already.

    And your listed players have had problems either on the court or off unlike Lee. Randolph has argued with his coach before and involved in stupid shootouts or fights whatever he has gotten hit wit the headline news. Crawford I like but is getting hated on for his fg% last year. Curry was a disspointment last year as compared to the year before when he averaged 19 a game, but i still think he has potenital. and Robinson has an ego and was involved in that NUggets fight so of course all these players get more ciritcism.
    Wow, you think Curry has potential? No offense, but Curry's been in the NBA for 7 years. I think the way he is now is the way he will always be. lol

    I agree with what you're saying. David Lee is a good player. A lot of people take it too far, though, and they act like if David lee is a superstar. If someone was to put a poll that asked if David Lee is a future All Star, I guarantee you that at least 25% would say yes. You're new to this website, so you don't know, but there was a person in here that said he would trade the entire team for draft picks except David Lee. I'm not going to say who said it, but it's things like that that makes him overrated.

  12. #57
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    About Curry, You can say I'm living in the past but two years ago when Curry scored 19 a game he was impressive. If you have a decent passing PG to feed to him in the post and use pick and rolls, he is dominate due to his power. It's my opinion to say he has potenital or not it's really a 50/50. People look at last year where i see last year as a disspointment becuase Isiah f'ed everything up and messed wit Curry's game and Curry wasnt aggressive and Isiah should have brain washed him to be agressive especially on the boards and offensive paint. He can use his power to his advantage but i hope Mike D can teach him that.

    And about that person sayin they'd trade everyone but Lee, now that were seein guys like Chandler spring up he would have made a huge mistake lol. Lee is a solid rebounder which is ver very very important especially from PF's. Any guy who can average 10 rebounds a game off the bench has my vote to stay unless we can get a starter in return. He is very valuable and thats why he is our best trade bait as of now. Rebounds wins games u can see our summer league games when we get dominated off the boards we get raped plain and simple.

    That's why Zach may be a cancer with his bad defense and contract but he can rebound which is a huge plus. As i said one time as of now, starting should be Lee at PF and Zach at Center only because of rebounding it can make up for some bad defense.

  13. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    About Curry, You can say I'm living in the past but two years ago when Curry scored 19 a game he was impressive. If you have a decent passing PG to feed to him in the post and use pick and rolls, he is dominate due to his power. It's my opinion to say he has potenital or not it's really a 50/50. People look at last year where i see last year as a disspointment becuase Isiah f'ed everything up and messed wit Curry's game and Curry wasnt aggressive and Isiah should have brain washed him to be agressive especially on the boards and offensive paint. He can use his power to his advantage but i hope Mike D can teach him that.

    And about that person sayin they'd trade everyone but Lee, now that were seein guys like Chandler spring up he would have made a huge mistake lol. Lee is a solid rebounder which is ver very very important especially from PF's. Any guy who can average 10 rebounds a game off the bench has my vote to stay unless we can get a starter in return. He is very valuable and thats why he is our best trade bait as of now. Rebounds wins games u can see our summer league games when we get dominated off the boards we get raped plain and simple.

    That's why Zach may be a cancer with his bad defense and contract but he can rebound which is a huge plus. As i said one time as of now, starting should be Lee at PF and Zach at Center only because of rebounding it can make up for some bad defense.
    Paul,

    I think Lee is a an efficient scorer, solid rebounder, good team oriented player and is at least somewhat likely to continue improving all his skills. What he lacks right now is a good enough mid range or outside jump shot to keep his defender honest when he's on the outside. That's a bit more of a liability when our center (Curry) is pretty much useless other than his very efficient scoring in the post. If you don't have good outside shooters on the court with Curry, it gets TOO easy to double and triple team him inside which takes away his one contribution to the team and sometimes leads to extra turnovers. Granted, you can't blame Lee for Curry's shortcomings, but if he had more of an outside game, he would be a more complete offensive threat. That's what he needs to work on. Also, he's not a terrible defender, but he's not a great one either. He's not overly physical and can't block shots etc...

    He's a solid ball player, but when people talk about him like he's one of the best PFs in the league, they are off the mark.

  14. #59
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicklover
    Paul,

    I think Lee is a an efficient scorer, solid rebounder, good team oriented player and is at least somewhat likely to continue improving all his skills. What he lacks right now is a good enough mid range or outside jump shot to keep his defender honest when he's on the outside. That's a bit more of a liability when our center (Curry) is pretty much useless other than his very efficient scoring in the post. If you don't have good outside shooters on the court with Curry, it gets TOO easy to double and triple team him inside which takes away his one contribution to the team and sometimes leads to extra turnovers. Granted, you can't blame Lee for Curry's shortcomings, but if he had more of an outside game, he would be a more complete offensive threat. That's what he needs to work on. Also, he's not a terrible defender, but he's not a great one either. He's not overly physical and can't block shots etc...

    He's a solid ball player, but when people talk about him like he's one of the best PFs in the league, they are off the mark.
    Ok you agreed with my views on Lee but seeing that his FT% went from 57% to 81% from the 05-06 season to the 06-07 season it proves he is trying to work on his game offensively. I have said in many posts that the only thing he really lacks offensively now is a mid range jumper so most of you veiws are similar. If he ever did knock down a mid range shot he'd be great. I never said his defense was good it needs work, being that he has a good work ethic i expect him to improve on his D. Agreed that when Curry is out there we need outside shooters good point...thats why i think Donnie will get more shooters especially from a guy like Gallinari, who over time will become stronger and prob be able to play the 4 and he is known for his shooting so he'd fit right in your thing about Curry being affective due to the fact that there not always double teaming the post. I never said he was one of the best but u do have to look at his off the bench stats that blow away many other bench players...if he can start i think he will improve his game overall.

  15. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    0

    Nyk Logo

    The problem is that way to many people sterotype white fans,Do you think that we are all the fat middle aged stock brocker who gets his tickets from the office and has never played organized sports in his life,There are many knowledgable white fans out there who dont overate Lee and know what his shortcommings are,Do you think for one second I bealive Lee is the type of player you build a Championship team around he is a very good core player and could be a very nice piece of the puzzle,But I will let you know why Lee is a fan favorite he works hard,He plays the game the right way,And he has BALLS he bangs under the basket he does the things that all these over priced bums dont.Now I bet you that if you ask any White David Lee fan with basketball knowledge if they would take Oakley in his prime or Lee I gurantee they pick Oakley,Same type of player same intangiables with a better jump shot,Real Knick fans care about winning not color,So please stop thinking all White Knick fans are corporate.And if your going to bring up Marbury,Randolph,Curry,And Robinson being better thats fine but talk to me about them when they grow up and start acting like men and give the garden and the fans some respect,They need to stop crying,Complaining,Fighting,Getting in trouble,play team basketball,Play up to there contracts and realize its an honor to play in New York

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •