Isiah's scouting has proved decent with Lee and Chandler

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
I understand what you're saying, but he took Mardy Collins over
Daniel Gibson, and he took Channing Frye(# 8 overall) over Andrew Bynum and Danny Granger. Isiah Thomas gets too much credit for his drafting, in my opinion.

dats really not fair and kinda funny cuz nobody was crying after channing frye, everybody knew we was picking channing frye and after his rookie season we believed he was going be a great player, imagine andrew bynum in his first couple of years in NY, NY would have destroyed the kid, he was a work in progress and face it NY isnt a place where u develop players, also its easy to say "oh, so and so was picked when we could have this player", dats really not fair at all, it happens every year

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
dats really not fair and kinda funny cuz nobody was crying after channing frye, everybody knew we was picking channing frye and after his rookie season we believed he was going be a great player, imagine andrew bynum in his first couple of years in NY, NY would have destroyed the kid, he was a work in progress and face it NY isnt a place where u develop players, also its easy to say "oh, so and so was picked when we could have this player", dats really not fair at all, it happens every year
Like I said, it's my opinion. I have reasons to my opinion. I'm not pulling stuff out of mid air. I liked Channing Frye when he was on the Knicks. I thought he was a good shooter. I would prefer him over Eddy Curry, because he works harder on his game than Eddy Curry. But Andrew Bynum, Danny Granger, and Rashad McCants are better than him. Danny Granger actually has better college stats than Frye, so my statements are fair. You may not agree with them, but my statements are fair.

Here's the stats:
Danny Granger's college stats: 18.8 points, 8.9 rebounds, 2 blocks
Channing Frye's college stats: 15.8 points, 7.6 rebounds, 2.3 blocks

Like I said, it's my opinion. You don't have to agree with them. I'm not trying to attack Channing Frye, if that's what you think. I'm attacking Isiah Thomas, because I think he could've done better in the draft. The fact that the Trailblazers have Lamarcus Aldridgre and we don't is proof. Do you remember that little accident Isiah Thomas had with the Chicago Bulls for Eddy Curry?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Like I said, it's my opinion. I have reasons to my opinion. I'm not pulling stuff out of mid air. I liked Channing Frye when he was on the Knicks. I thought he was a good shooter. I would prefer him over Eddy Curry, because he works harder on his game than Eddy Curry. But Andrew Bynum, Danny Granger, and Rashad McCants are better than him. Danny Granger actually has better college stats than Frye, so my statements are fair. You may not agree with them, but my statements are fair.

Here's the stats:

Like I said, it's my opinion. You don't have to agree with them. I'm not trying to attack Channing Frye, if that's what you think. I'm attacking Isiah Thomas, because I think he could've done better in the draft. The fact that the Trailblazers have Lamarcus Aldridgre and we don't is proof. Do you remember that little accident Isiah Thomas had with the Chicago Bulls for Eddy Curry?

yeah i agree wit u but comin out of college channing frye was known as a defender, his offense wasnt really known cuz salim stoudamire ran the team and he's a straight gunner, channing frye just seemed like the guy we desperately need on a defensive end but isiah was wrong, it happens

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
yeah i agree wit u but comin out of college channing frye was known as a defender, his offense wasnt really known cuz salim stoudamire ran the team and he's a straight gunner, channing frye just seemed like the guy we desperately need on a defensive end but isiah was wrong, it happens
Yeah, it does happen. The Hawks did pass up on Chris Paul. lol That's going to haunt them forever.

TunerAddict

Starter
Here's the stats:

Think about schools though. Frye at Arizona and Granger from New Mexico.

Plus the whole Salim thing that was mentioned before.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Think about schools though. Frye at Arizona and Granger from New Mexico.

Plus the whole Salim thing that was mentioned before.
You do have a point. Frye was at a more prestigious college. I thought Arizona Reid should have been drafted this year. He averaged 24 points and 11 rebounds, at only 6-5. I thought he would've made a good NBA small forward. A lot of people criticize him for his lack of height and the fact that he went to Highpoint University, but I think he would've made a good NBA player.

metrocard

Legend

This is 100% bullshit.

You know what I'm gonna say.

Not even worth an effort on articulating a bunch of sentences to make you understand reality.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
This is 100% bullshit.

You know what I'm gonna say.

Not even worth an effort on articulating a bunch of sentences to make you understand reality.

so what are u sayin??are you sayin dat sleeper picks dont exist??, that every draft teams get what they expect?

metrocard

Legend
Bynum should of been selected.

Frye was a junior or senior, with limited potential.

Good jumpshot, terrible at everything else.

He wasn't worth the 8th pick.

Bynum atleast had size and shot blocking, which is what we needed. Even a Raw Bynum > Frye.

Frye is now a 3rd string big man where Bynum is going to be a beast for the Lakers in the future.

JUST a TERRIBLE pick.
I hated it from the beginning, people had to be stupid from the beginning and now to actually be cool with the pick.
Dudes need to do their research.

YOU DONT PICK 3RD STRING BIG MEN WITH THE 8TH PICK

FRYE'S SUCCESS CAME OFF OF MARBURY'S ABILITY TO USE THE PICK AND ROLL FOR FRYE. /THREAD