Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Gints trade Shockey...

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Gints trade Shockey...

    I hate this move. Big Shockey fan. Eli has his wish. No Tiki, Shockey or Strahan. His team now.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Trading Shockey was a good move, he had a HUGE ego and a ball hog mentality, I use to like him but he was a jackass and needed to go. They won the superbowl because he wasn't there to mess it up with his greediness. The team didn't even want him on the sideline, that's why you saw him in the stands and away from the team.

    Micheal Strahan got his ring finally, I am very happy for him, one of the greatest NFL players ever and has one of the best personalities that you can commend. If he retires it's kool with me, he's beat up and finally accomplished what he wanted to do.

    I like Tiki Barber a lot when he played, but it's sad that he didn't get to win a superbowl, maybe if he just woulda stayed 1 more year, but o well too bad for him, I still have his jersey heh.

    PS. The term "Gints" that people use sounds real ghey, never liked it!

  3. #3
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    I hate this move. Big Shockey fan. Eli has his wish. No Tiki, Shockey or Strahan. His team now.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    FINALLY

    Look at last season we beat the top teams in the playoffs without Shockey we really dont need him. Boss has proven to be a good TE and will only get better. Trading him for two picks is the smartest thing we could do...have you noticed that our GM has been awesome at drafting players. Look at all the draft picks we used last year i think everyone produced. Shockey was a clubhouse problem and he is injury prone so there is more negative to him then many people think. Yes he is a good TE but chemistry is what its all about and now that he is gone Eli can even out his passing not just to Shockey all the time who would bytch if Eli didnt throw enough passes to him. We have good young players that will only get better, Shockey had to go.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Akamu
    Trading Shockey was a good move, he had a HUGE ego and a ball hog mentality, I use to like him but he was a jackass and needed to go. They won the superbowl because he wasn't there to mess it up with his greediness. The team didn't even want him on the sideline, that's why you saw him in the stands and away from the team.

    Micheal Strahan got his ring finally, I am very happy for him, one of the greatest NFL players ever and has one of the best personalities that you can commend. If he retires it's kool with me, he's beat up and finally accomplished what he wanted to do.

    I like Tiki Barber a lot when he played, but it's sad that he didn't get to win a superbowl, maybe if he just woulda stayed 1 more year, but o well too bad for him, I still have his jersey heh.

    PS. The term "Gints" that people use sounds real ghey, never liked it!
    The Giants won because the defense was playing insane, and the offense made the plays needed to win. It was not like our offfense became all world when Shockey left. No.. we did JUST ENOUGH.

    That said, I agree he was a distraction, and probably needed to go. But I am not so sure that we'll be better off.

    And Strahan and Tiki had their egotistical moments too, but no one seems to hash on them the way they do Shockey. He is going to have a monster rest of his career with Drew Brees and Sean Payton.

  5. #5
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    The Giants won because the defense was playing insane, and the offense made the plays needed to win. It was not like our offfense became all world when Shockey left. No.. we did JUST ENOUGH.

    That said, I agree he was a distraction, and probably needed to go. But I am not so sure that we'll be better off.

    And Strahan and Tiki had their egotistical moments too, but no one seems to hash on them the way they do Shockey. He is going to have a monster rest of his career with Drew Brees and Sean Payton.
    Shockey's gonna land bad on his ankle or something stupid and be out for weeks just watch his injuries will add up...an once the saints get a good TE Shockey will bytch again just like he did wit the Giants lol. I see it happening. Anyways back to the Giants, they are better off..they won without him and now its just another distraction off the team. We have enough talent to have Eli(who is lookin like Peyton) able to spread out his choices to all the recievers and TE's rather than Shockey getting 10 passes a day. The team IS better off...Shockey was good during the season but the season is not were the Giants impressed and all of a sudden became amazing it was the playoffs without Shockey and all his injuries...we are better off.

  6. #6
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    NY Giants were always known for their defense! I was extremely happy with that superbowl they won. They knocked off one of the best offensive teams in NFL history in an incredible physical display! Best game I've ever seen it was perfect 18 and 1.

    Jeramey Shockey would have screwed our chances, he always would want a play to involve him getting the ball. The coach would have to think "what does shockey want to do? how can we involve Shockey for the next play?" it's not about Shockey! it's about winning and if he happens to fall in a play then he falls in a play.

    Our offense isn't amazing but yes they did just enough, BUT our offensive line however was AMAZING! and our running game is pretty good, Brandon Jacobs is the f*cking man 6'5 running back steam rolling people! Plus we have a NEW Tiki Barber in the young Ahmed Bradshaw with his speed and cut through game! Ward seems alright as a back-up he had his moments-
    Last edited by Akamu; Jul 22, 2008 at 14:04.

  7. #7
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I'm a big giants fan, and I say great move

  8. #8
    Member Ewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    It was a move that would have to happen, sooner or later, he didn't give a **** for the team and he was a bad character in the locker room.

    Good luck though

  9. #9
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    There were rumors that they were trying to swing a deal for jason Taylor involving Shockey. I would have loved that move personally. That would have immediately filled Strahan's void. Now he goes to one of our foes in the skins!!

  10. #10
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by dre48ny
    There were rumors that they were trying to swing a deal for jason Taylor involving Shockey. I would have loved that move personally. That would have immediately filled Strahan's void. Now he goes to one of our foes in the skins!!
    we have Justin Tuck...he's a Jason Taylor in the making.

  11. #11
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Could not agree more that Shockey needed to go. Face it, Kevin Boss has virtually the same amount of talent without all the bull**** and attitude. The team did better without him and without Tiki Barber. Football is very simple when it comes to passing...HIT THE OPEN MAN. Shockey wanted to try and catch the ball even when surrounded by 3 players, and didn't like to block. Seriously, you're a TE...your basically a more fit OT with hands and decent speed.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Could not agree more that Shockey needed to go. Face it, Kevin Boss has virtually the same amount of talent without all the bull**** and attitude. The team did better without him and without Tiki Barber. Football is very simple when it comes to passing...HIT THE OPEN MAN. Shockey wanted to try and catch the ball even when surrounded by 3 players, and didn't like to block. Seriously, you're a TE...your basically a more fit OT with hands and decent speed.

    Kevin Boss has shown you he is virtually as good as Shockey based on what? A handful of games?

    Shockey has 27 td's in 6 years.... He is faster, stronger, and more atheltic than Boss.

    He is a much better player. But that said.. it was probably best he go.

  13. #13
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Kevin Boss has shown you he is virtually as good as Shockey based on what? A handful of games?

    Shockey has 27 td's in 6 years.... He is faster, stronger, and more atheltic than Boss.

    He is a much better player. But that said.. it was probably best he go.
    He's a good strong blocking TE, but he did get alot of passes thrown to him, he was expected to make big reception yards as a TE. Now that Eli has some good young recievers and the amazing Plaxico, shockey wasnt needed as a receiving TE anymore and thats what he wanted to be. So i hope he does good with Sean Payton and the Saints...and I hope Boss turns out to be a solid TE for the future. But Shockey had to go.

  14. #14
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Shockey is beast, but i think it was getting to the point where it was irreconcilable between him and mgmt..

    The Giants get hurt with this move. Boss' is taller with less weight than Shockey, so no way can he get the same leverage in Blocking

    Seeing how Eli's accuracy is still suspect he is probably a better offensive threat tho passing wise. Hopefully Boss also doesn't drop passes thrown right at him.

  15. #15
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by clumsy
    Shockey is beast, but i think it was getting to the point where it was irreconcilable between him and mgmt..

    The Giants get hurt with this move. Boss' is taller with less weight than Shockey, so no way can he get the same leverage in Blocking

    Seeing how Eli's accuracy is still suspect he is probably a better offensive threat tho passing wise. Hopefully Boss also doesn't drop passes thrown right at him.
    Eli has shown to be one of the most accurate QB's in the NFL when the Giants began winning last season, especially during their road winning streak. Now that he won the super bowl, his confidence is 100% and thats all Eli needs to perform. The pressure is off his back from all the bad games he use to have, he's gonna be a great QB.

Similar Threads

  1. Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 348
    Last Post: Dec 19, 2013, 23:36
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun 15, 2008, 21:56
  3. Trade: ZRandolph for Lamar Odom
    By CoolClyde in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Apr 06, 2008, 00:19
  4. Last 7 seasons of the Knicks graphed out
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2008, 13:18
  5. If you could undo one trade or signing
    By GetRealistic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Mar 29, 2007, 13:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •