• Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
j,ecurry.jpg

2nd--Crawford
3rd--Ransoft

dre48ny

Rotation player
Randolph because he has the most value and the biggest contract. I would go Curry but his stock is down and they would have to get a Center back because we would be left with James. Dunno, but I wanna see Crawford play under D'Antoni to c how he fares out.

metrocard

Legend
Honestly if you think about it

It should be Crawford

Isiah's son
The first reject Isiah obtained on this roster that started this thread of losing

Crawford looks like a muppet, **** him.

Then Randolph or Curry...both are hot garbage and have bad contracts.

Once we get rid of these guys, I'm telling you; we'll be so much a better team.

portega1968

El Cacique
I would vote for Jerome James, but not even the dumbest owner in the league would trade for him.

I vote for Curry. Although his offensive skills are indisputable, he cancels his pluses with is limited rebounding, excesive turnovers, total lack of defense and shitty contract.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
i had to go with curry. he lazy, overweight and this "potential" is false as he will never be a dominating center.

next to go would be jerome james. i hate him!

GetRealistic

Starter
Randolph. He's got the biggest and longest contract, he doesn't fit this system at all, you have a guy in David Lee that could easily step right into the position Randolph leaves vacant. Also despite all the short comings Randolph has the biggest value and he plays a position that many teams could use help out.

All the Curry and Crawford haters should hope they both have huge seasons, because if they do we can trade them at the deadline, or maybe they'll be stupid enough to want to test the open market because they both have opt out clauses in there contracts.

Compared to Jerome James, Curry, Randolph, JJ, Q, and Marbury Crawford is the least of our problems. Who knows if he'll succeed but eveybody should just realize unless a blockbuster trade Crawford is going to be D'Antoni's go to guy.

Whover voted for Lee is going to catch some heat. But theres deffinate pros to trading him.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Randolph can rebound which makes him more valuable then curry...at least in my opinion. Were gonna need rebounding...i wanna see both them gone but i would put randolph at center before curry.

Akamu

The King
I voted Jamal, I just hate how he plays, he has some fancy moves sometimes but f*ck that his IQ on the court just sucks man and I DO NOT WANT HIM IN THE STARTING LINE UP!!! ....Then I would trade Zach, Curry, and then the rest of the crap on our team!

How about we just bundle a package containing, Jamal, Zach, James, Curry, Q-Bytch, and Jeffries for Euro players or something-

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
i say Randolph...not cuz i like Curry more then him but this dude is one selfish dude -_- i mean under d antoni i really dont see him doing nothing but just not passing the ball and slowing everything down...same with curry but curry dosent go crying if he dosent get the ball Randolph does...AND plus c mon we can get alot more Trading Randolph and Curry well worry about it when we get rid of randolph...and crawford hes a coaches pet so eh he might be d anotonis 2 so i dont really care if he leaves right away

Starks

Starter
The thing is when you say trade, you can't neglect the value of the player your trading. We'd love to trade Burger King, but I swear to God he's not even worth one of those gatorade waterboys in the eyes of the rest of the league. It's quite possible the worst signing in NBA History, rivaled by Orlando's cotnract to Grant Hill a few years ago.

As far as which players will have the most return, its Lee (as a serviceable 6th man) and Marbury (due to his massive chunk of salary that can used as a trading chip at the deadline, or to just to come off a team's cap at the end of the year if he is traded for a few guys of equal contract value that a team would like to escape from)

The NBA is more about Math and economics these days then it is about talent

Paul1355

All Star
Realistically speaking

Look at this realistically Jerome James wont be traded, he's gonna sit in his home and watch the money roll in untill his contract stops so putting him #1 seems normal but unrealistic. Lets look at bench players...i think Q Rich will play behind Chandler so theres 8.1 mil off the bench. Curry might start becuase he's the only true center on this team so 8.9 mil is way too much but if D'Antoni can have him play like he did 2 years ago averaging 19 a game, i think he's worth most of it. Stephon is in his last year...keep him so we can get the money back next year, trading him is stupid. Zach=13 mil WOW yes over priced but atleast he starts and gets 20/10 performances so you should lay off the Zach attack for a little bit considering all these other wasted contracts. The guy who i dislike the most is Malik Rose...7 Million a year? note that he also averaged 36% shooting for all you crawford haters. Crawford is 7 Mil a year but put up numbers with 20 a game so, CONSIDERING EVERY OTHER PLAYER HE"S MORE WORTH IT.

After all this my votes
1- Malik Rose
2- Quentin Richardson
3- Jared Jeffries
4- Eddy Curry- for last year it was a waste of money but two yers ago it wasnt so lets hope Mike D can make it worth the 8.9 Mil
5- Zach Randolph- contract is just too high for this team
6- Mardy Collins- yes im putting him in front of Jamal becuase Collins will make over 1 mil in the next years and he is a scrub.
7- Jamal Crawford- His contract is high but he produced he can betraded but atleast he has offensive ability as a SG. And with Mike D he should do better overall.
8- Renaldo Balkman- Has many things he needs to work especially scoring within 2 feet of the basket. Has only skills on defense and is also a scrub..1.2 Mil a year is over pricing this guy. Even though he should do better in D'Antoni's system is why he isnt higher in this list.

Note that I ruled out Jerome James and Stephon because they are highly unlikely to ever be traded...either they'll be here or be bought out.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Eliminating Contracts

The issue is less who we want to trade first than whose contract we want to eliminate first.

The Knicks are interested in cap space for 2010. I do not believe they are particularly concerned about costs in the period until 2010. I think the contract to Duhon demonstrates this. I am amazed he got the full mid-level exception. He is overpaid, by a lot, for two years. But it is only two years. He is not signed for 2010.

Jerome James is useless, but his current contract is for 2008 and 2009. He will not be on the books in 2010. If he takes a medical retirement, he still gets his money. In any event, he is untradeable and will surely be bought out.

Z-Bo will be on the books in 2010 for over $17M. If Walsh expects to get under the cap by 2010, Z-Bo must go. He will be easier to move sooner than later, because the Knicks can take back some bad contracts for the two years prior to 2010. It would be nice to get some draft picks too or perhaps some promising youngsters.

Curry's contract, Jamal's contract and Jefferies' contract each extend through 2010 and at 2010 amounts of $11.276M, $10.08M and $6.88M, respectively. I think the Knicks will have to get rid of at least two of those contracts to have any real cap space in 2010.

The rest of the players do not have comitted 2010 contracts, but some of them, Lee and Robinson particularly, are going to be looking for long term contracts.

Malik Rose does not have much left in the tank, but he does have an expiring contract. He could perhaps help a young team. But if we need a roster spot, he can be bought out.

Q-Rich has big numbers for two years, but it is only two years.

We can trade anyone if we get value back. Particularly given their contracts, there are not too many Knicks with value to other teams. Z-Bo could fit in Chicago, and perhaps Cleveland or Sacramento. But we won't get much back.

Marbury will get a lot this year. I do not see a reason for buying him out unless it is for team chemistry. No one will take his expiring contract without sending big contracts in return.

Walsh has his job cut out for him. it will be interesting to see what he does.

By the way, how fat is Curry now? I have not seen any recent pictures. And from what I have seen of Q-Rich, I don't believe he has dropped 15 pounds. His hair did not weigh that much. If he did lose 15, he looks as if he needs to drop another 20 or 30.

jpz17

Starter
I say Jefferies and Curry are the most..
If we could trade both at the same time, I would be very pleased

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
My vote went to Eddy Curry. Curry is overweight and lazy. We can't win with a player like that in our starting lineup. He doesn't rebound and he doesn't defend, despite being 6-11. He has 3 years and 31 million dollars left on his contract. He's one dimensional, and he even messes up a lot of offense.

Zach Randolph and David Lee are better centers than Curry, and they're both power forwards.

Second place goes to Quentin Richardson, because he played so bad last year.
Third place goes to Jared Jeffries, Jerome James, and Chris Duhon because they're overpaid.

Paul1355

All Star
hes not hurting us on the court as much as curry and randolph are.

WOW.....YOU CANT COMPARE A GUY THAT DOESNT EVEN PLAY BASKETBALL TO TWO GUYS THAT DO PLAY BASKETBALL, THINK. JAMES ISNT WORTH 1 DOLLAR OF HIS CONTRACT. ATELAST CURRY AND RANDOLPH PLAY BASKETBALL. JAMES IS HURTING US MORE THAN ANY OTHER PLAYER, PROOF? PLAYED 2.5 MINUTES LAST YEAR, MONEY HE MADE LAST YEAR? 5.8 MILLION!