Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Rank the players you want to stay

  1. #1
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Nyk Logo Rank the players you want to stay

    Rank the players you want Walsh to keep, 1 being the most

    1 Gallinari
    1 Chandler
    1 Lee
    1 Steph
    (The 4 can be flipped around they are all first)
    5 Robinson
    6 Collins
    7 Duhon
    8 Balkmen
    9 Q
    10 Roberson
    11 Crawford
    12 Morris
    13 Randolph (over-paid)
    14 Jefferies (over-paid)
    15 James (over-paid)
    16 Curry (over-paid)

    Gallinari is up there because he has potential, along with Chandler, Lee is up there because he is a hustle player, and I feel he could fit well with D'Antoni, Steph is up there because he is the best on the team overall

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    WOW...you ranked James ahead of Curry? haha that cracks me up, I know Curry is bad and i dislike him as much as the next guy but come on, he's not that bad. Anyway my list would be

    1.Gallinari
    2. Chandler
    3. Lee

    And the rest are expendable and I wouldn't mind if they were shipped out. Gallinari and Chandler are the only players on the team that MUST be kept in my eyes. Gallinari for potential (Gut feeling tells me hes gonna be special) and Chandler for just being the truth. Don't get me wrong I love David Lee and would love for him to be a Knick for a long time, but if we can get some great value for him and improve our team while his stock is high then I would be willing to part ways with him as well.

  3. #3
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    no..... I disagree, I put James ahead, because we can just buy him out

  4. #4
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    jerome james>>curry

    1 Gallinari
    1 Chandler
    1 Starbury
    4 Lee
    5 Robinson
    6 Collins
    7 Q-Rich
    8 Balkman
    9 Duhon
    10 Roberson (dont really care about him)
    11 James (>>Curry)
    12 Malik Rose (irrelevant)
    13 Jeffries (useless scrub)
    14 Morris (piece of ****)
    15 Randolph (selfish)
    16 Crawford (terrible)
    17 Curry (pathetic)

  5. #5
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    u cant compare Curry and James you guys been awake recently? James played 2 minuts last year he isnt compared to any player but himself as a lazy fatass. Curry is fat as well but atleast he played in the season. Curry is more important than James no matter what anyone says. James should be the highest number in that rank.

  6. #6
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    1.David Lee(shows the most hustle on the team)
    2.Gallinari(young kid looks like he got some potential)
    3.marbury(last year in contract has something to prove)
    4.duhon(good defender nd can push the ball)
    5.chandler(good defender, jumpshot got better)

  7. #7
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Paul, the reason why people like James more than Curry is because he makes less money, has less years on his contract, and he actually plays defense. I know Curry's really better, but to be honest, I'd rather have Jerome James than Eddy Curry. James blocks shots, even though he sucks, and he has 13 million dollars left for two years. Curry has 30 million dollars left for 3 years. Curry is the worst defensive center and the worst rebounding center in the NBA. He doesn't even deserve to start.

    I just found out that Curry has a line, just like Crawford. It's called the "Eddy Curry line." Curry got that term named after him, because he averages more turnovers than assists, blocks, and steals combined.

    This is the link where I found out about it:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Eddy Curry's combined steals, blocks, and assists in the 07-08 season:
    1.2

    Eddy Curry's combined turnovers:
    2.14

    Eddy Curry's combined steals, blocks, and assists in his so called "break out"
    06-07 season:
    1.7

    Eddy Curry's combined turnovers:
    3.6

    This is just one of the many reasons for why Curry must go.

    Anyway, back to the thread. This is my order:

    1) Stephon Marbury
    2) Wilson Chandler
    3) David Lee
    4) Renaldo Balkman
    5) Nate Robinson
    6) Zach Randolph
    7) Danilo Gallinari
    8) Jamal Crawford
    9) Fred Jones
    10) Anthony Roberson
    11) Chris Duhon
    12) Randolph Morris
    13) Mardy Collins
    14) Malik Rose
    15) Jared Jeffries
    16) Quentin Richardson
    17) Jerome James
    18) Eddy Curry

  8. #8
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Fred Jones??? His ass is grass.

  9. #9
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Paul, the reason why people like James more than Curry is because he makes less money, has less years on his contract, and he actually plays defense. I know Curry's really better, but to be honest, I'd rather have Jerome James than Eddy Curry. James blocks shots, even though he sucks, and he has 13 million dollars left for two years. Curry has 30 million dollars left for 3 years. Curry is the worst defensive center and the worst rebounding center in the NBA. He doesn't even deserve to start.

    I just found out that Curry has a line, just like Crawford. It's called the "Eddy Curry line." Curry got that term named after him, because he averages more turnovers than assists, blocks, and steals combined.

    This is the link where I found out about it:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Eddy Curry's combined steals, blocks, and assists in the 07-08 season:
    1.2

    Eddy Curry's combined turnovers:
    2.14

    Eddy Curry's combined steals, blocks, and assists in his so called "break out"
    06-07 season:
    1.7

    Eddy Curry's combined turnovers:
    3.6

    This is just one of the many reasons for why Curry must go.

    Anyway, back to the thread. This is my order:

    1) Stephon Marbury
    2) Wilson Chandler
    3) David Lee
    4) Renaldo Balkman
    5) Nate Robinson
    6) Zach Randolph
    7) Danilo Gallinari
    8) Jamal Crawford
    9) Fred Jones
    10) Anthony Roberson
    11) Chris Duhon
    12) Randolph Morris
    13) Mardy Collins
    14) Malik Rose
    15) Jared Jeffries
    16) Quentin Richardson
    17) Jerome James
    18) Eddy Curry
    agreed with your stats that he sucked last year everyone knows that but u still cant say James is better when he isnt even in shape to play basketball let alone block shots or whatever u said he was better than Curry at. I think James did have good post moves...WHEN HE PLAYED...the fact is that he doesnt play meaning he is worth 0% of the money were playing him...Curry on the other hand plays games so he's worth some of it even though he sucked last year. It comes down to each player playing up to their salary and James doesnt meet up to any salary at this point.

  10. #10
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    agreed with your stats that he sucked last year everyone knows that but u still cant say James is better when he isnt even in shape to play basketball let alone block shots or whatever u said he was better than Curry at. I think James did have good post moves...WHEN HE PLAYED...the fact is that he doesnt play meaning he is worth 0% of the money were playing him...Curry on the other hand plays games so he's worth some of it even though he sucked last year. It comes down to each player playing up to their salary and James doesnt meet up to any salary at this point.
    You're right. I just don't like Curry. He's my least favorite Knick. He has the height and frame to dominate, but he's always out of shape and that ruins his all around game. Curry has the ability to be a top 5 center, but due to his laziness, he doesn't even make the top 20. If you look at his defense and rebounding, he doesn't even make the top 100. I wish Isiah Thomas had kept our 2006 first round pick so that the Knicks could have gotten Lamarcus Aldridge. He's way better than Curry, because he's in better shape and he knows how to use his talent.

  11. #11
    OG GoKnIcKsDLEE42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Fred Jones??? His ass is grass.
    he was our best all around pg last year. hes a top 5 backup pg in the nba. hes gotta jumper, he can drive, and he plays nice d, what more could you ask for?

  12. #12
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Stephon Marbury

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    1 Gallinari
    2 Chandler
    3 Steph
    4 Lee
    5 Robinson
    6 Duhon
    7 Collins
    8 Balkmen
    9 Crawford
    10 Q
    11 Roberson
    12 Morris
    13 Randolph
    14 Jefferies
    15 James
    16 Curry

  14. #14
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    You're right. I just don't like Curry. He's my least favorite Knick. He has the height and frame to dominate, but he's always out of shape and that ruins his all around game. Curry has the ability to be a top 5 center, but due to his laziness, he doesn't even make the top 20. If you look at his defense and rebounding, he doesn't even make the top 100. I wish Isiah Thomas had kept our 2006 first round pick so that the Knicks could have gotten Lamarcus Aldridge. He's way better than Curry, because he's in better shape and he knows how to use his talent.
    I know Curry can be dominate thats why i always say he has potential to be great if he really worked at it...but it's all about work ethic and if he had lets say a David Lee work ethic, then we wouldnt be complaining about Curry.

  15. #15
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,697
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    Rank the players you want Walsh to keep, 1 being the most

    1 Gallinari
    1 Chandler
    1 Lee
    1 Steph
    (The 4 can be flipped around they are all first)
    5 Robinson
    6 Collins
    7 Duhon
    8 Balkmen
    9 Q
    10 Roberson
    11 Crawford
    12 Morris
    13 Randolph (over-paid)
    14 Jefferies (over-paid)
    15 James (over-paid)
    16 Curry (over-paid)

    Gallinari is up there because he has potential, along with Chandler, Lee is up there because he is a hustle player, and I feel he could fit well with D'Antoni, Steph is up there because he is the best on the team overall
    If you can trade Curry, and Randolph you can start Lee at center. Sounds crazy but Kurt Thomas did it.

    Chandler
    Robinson
    Gallinari
    Crawford
    Lee
    Balkman
    who cares about the rest.

Similar Threads

  1. International Players More Hype than Hope
    By KnicksFan4Realz in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: Feb 20, 2009, 17:33
  2. What players wont return next season
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: May 20, 2008, 14:57
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec 08, 2007, 22:42
  4. Young-Players STAY
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2007, 18:16
  5. don't package picks, get two players
    By manuvsteal in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb 05, 2006, 19:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •