Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ravi Zacharias..brilliant debator for Christianity

Veteran

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    He explains that the apostles supported this view.
    I don't see how that could be true. If it were, one of is not all of would have made sure it was a completely understood doctrine, not one that had to come about long after they all died off.

None of them ever said Jesus was Jehovah, In fact, they all still called Jesus the son of the most high. They expressed their views quite frank and matter of factly, and would have made sure this was an understood doctrine.

And what hurts the doctrine badly, besides Jesus himself saying he is in fact not God, but has one, is the fact that all throughout the 1500 years of the Jews being God's chosen people, never once did God hint to a trinity. He made it clear that he alone was God, and did not share it in a community with any other beings.

Now down to our day, we have trinitarians saying that all who cannot believe in the trinity will burn in hell, but God decided to choose and save a people for his name for 1500 years that Knew him as a monothiestic God. Why does one group get a pass for 1500 years, but today, if one was to do all Christ required, and followed him faithfully, but Believe that he is not in fact God, just like the Jews God once chose as his people did, burn in hell?

Jesus made sure he told his disciples everything they would need to know to endure faithfully. He would break down parables, and even reprove his disciples if needed. You mean to tell me, that Jesus who sees everything and knows everything in the trinitarian faith would not make sure to have ONE single sentence in the gospels saying he is God? Or on verse where it explicitly says trinity?

And to top it off, have his apostles finish the Bible, and still refer his as the lesser being compared to the father? Should they not seem equal to them?

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    I don't see how that could be true. If it were, one of is not all of would have made sure it was a completely understood doctrine, not one that had to come about long after they all died off.

None of them ever said Jesus was Jehovah, In fact, they all still called Jesus the son of the most high. They expressed their views quite frank and matter of factly, and would have made sure this was an understood doctrine.

And what hurts the doctrine badly, besides Jesus himself saying he is in fact not God, but has one, is the fact that all throughout the 1500 years of the Jews being God's chosen people, never once did God hint to a trinity. He made it clear that he alone was God, and did not share it in a community with any other beings.

Now down to our day, we have trinitarians saying that all who cannot believe in the trinity will burn in hell, but God decided to choose and save a people for his name for 1500 years that Knew him as a monothiestic God. Why does one group get a pass for 1500 years, but today, if one was to do all Christ required, and followed him faithfully, but Believe that he is not in fact God, just like the Jews God once chose as his people did, burn in hell?

Jesus made sure he told his disciples everything they would need to know to endure faithfully. He would break down parables, and even reprove his disciples if needed. You mean to tell me, that Jesus who sees everything and knows everything in the trinitarian faith would not make sure to have ONE single sentence in the gospels saying he is God? Or on verse where it explicitly says trinity?

And to top it off, have his apostles finish the Bible, and still refer his as the lesser being compared to the father? Should they not seem equal to them?
    i didnt make this thread to debate even though i want to. If u want to debate about that topic make a thread about it and we'll do it.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    i didnt make this thread to debate even though i want to. If u want to debate about that topic make a thread about it and we'll do it.
    I just thought it was relevent to this thread because I am speaking on a subject one of the video's is about is all. Making a new thread on it is not really needed.

Not looking to debate, just expressing my viewpoint, as you I am sure have yours.

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    I just thought it was relevent to this thread because I am speaking on a subject one of the video's is about is all. Making a new thread on it is not really needed.

Not looking to debate, just expressing my viewpoint, as you I am sure have yours.
    Ok since u didnt agree with him on the Trinity I can find more videos for you about him explaining more about it.