Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Bush Administration Impeachment Push! (Everyone Must View!)

  1. #31
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Awesome videos Akamu.
    Thank you, at least someone is noticing and trying to learn something-

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    My friend, I am Jehovah's witness. I will not pretend I know every nuke and cranny about the governments plans and such, whether beneficial, or otherwise for the people. In fact, I'll admit I just started actually watching the news with intent this year for the first time in my life (29 years). But I certainly don't put anything past the governments of this world.

    But I was just saying, I could remember speaking to people (I ran a barbershopin SI for 5 years before moving) And most people wanted to get somebody.. ANYBODY. It was sad because I can remember Arabs and such in this country getting mobbed and stuff because people here were scared.

    Maybe you are right, maybe this all was planned. In fact, from where my beliefs stand, there is a very high probablity you speak the truth. This is why I go door to door with other brothers and sisters preaching God's Kingdom(or government) because it will be a far, far cry from the way our human governments rule over us now.
    I don't pretend either, I tell you what I do know, what I believe and what I have strong evidence for to back me up.

    Watching "main-stream" news isn't going to do much good, look through various sources of news around the net, you will be much more informed and better off.

    There is OVERWHLEMING evidence of the crimes our government commits.

    Maybe? Lol, I don't get this news and info from my azz bro, this is real and reality is scary, you just have to blink and realize these things really go on.

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    THIS IS TO AKAMU

    Akamu, the Patriot Act wasnt instituted to falsy accuse Muslims. If they were falsy accused then it was a mistake on part of the goverment. Overall the reason for the Patriot Act to be created made perfect logical sense. We are dealing with an enemy that plans it's attack by infiltration. To stop that infiltration, the Patriot Act is neccessary. Now i know people have been falsy accused, I have a personal family member of mine that has been falsy accused by the goverment, so personally, i expect my hate for some actions of the goverment is far beyond yours. This goverment has flaws to it that I feel are wrong and will never be fixed due to corruption and that the Constitution and Amendments can be warped to possibly accuse someone and say it's legal without sufficient proof. Believe me when I say I know this I have lived this and it has happened to a family member of mine an is still occuring now as we speak. Life isnt perfect and getting Bush out of office will eventually happen due to the election, but will not change anything. You say Bush could have done this and Bush could have done that....you can say that with every single president becuase the list and accusations will go on and on. Do you think Lyndon B Johnson was a good president? Because the Vietnam war was his decision and we suffered greatly by it and then backed out and we lost the war, resulting in thouands of deaths for no purpose, messed up Vietnam vets, a society that blamed the soldiers and spat on them as they returned home...Is that the country you want us to be again? As i have said countless times, History class is a lesson to society so that we wouldnt make the same mistakes again...Iraq might have been a mistake just like Vietnam was, but backing out of Vietnam made the entire war utterly pointless. Backing out of Iraq will have the same consequence and once again make the war utterly pointless and make all of those deaths pointless. And even worse since the enemy in Iraq and other parts of the Mid East is very good at spreading Anti-American propaganda and brain washing their countrymen into violence and revenge. You look at the views of the Taliban, Hamas, Al-Queda the terrorist groups go on and their views become more radical in every passing day. I feel that the difference between me and many people that have views like you is that I see the consequences before they will occur, becuase it is obvious to me. You may watch all these youtube videos about Bush doing this and America doing that but do you realize the propaganda in these Mid Eastern countries Akamu? Do you know that in parts of the Mid East, that elementary schools taught children to hate Jews and they sang their school song which was about blaming Jews for everything and killing them, etc. Many parts of the Mid East brainwash children...not teenagers or grown adults..CHILDREN so that in the future they can have a country full of anger and revenge...look it up, it's far worse than you will ever imagine. We are nothing compared to the outside world and you must realize this some day. We have the power to be corrupt and we have used that corruption many times but other countries use far worse tactics to get their way and their views, and they are views that you can even compare to Hitler and the Nazis. Take for example the leader of Iran Achamdinejad i cant spell his name, but he has admitted in statements and speaches to wipe Israel off the map and every Jew with it....is this not an exmaple of part of Hitlers plan of domination? Did you also know that Saddam Hussein used to read Hitler's diary, Mien Kampf? He followed his views and used it in his terrfying campaign...that is why many things Saddam did were similar to Hitler...even the History channel picked this up. So if you say going into Iraq was useless, you are dead wrong. Saddam was a tyrant that was followed through FEAR. You also know that the Iraqi soccer team was tortured for not winning soccer games right? And yet the American people slam Bush for taking Saddam out of power and his tyrant goverment which he controlled. Saddam killed millions, had views of one of the worst men to ever live....is that not enough reason to go to war and end his reign to save others and the country itself? Now you'll say how did we save others if so many Iraqis have died? well my answer is that it is War and many of those people were enemies trying to kill our soldiers. And also in War innocent people die by accident, were Saddam killed innocents on purpose. No one was stopping this and America finally did, so wether we get Oil or not is irrelevant...becuase Saddam was a leader that was a Hitler part 2 and their is proof to suport it, the History channel made a segment on it. America took out Saddam and is trying to establish a Democratic goverment, so that these people and thier children dont live in fear anymore...it is being done as we speak. And Bush is being slandered for this. Would you go to war to save many lives in the future? Because i would. And say your veiw on Bush is correct we went there for Oil and many died becuase of it, well wouldnt establishing a goverment unlike Saddam's and killing him and his Son's make up for that? More lives would be saved by this War then you think. You think about the present only, were I think about the present and future affects of everything. I have stated my reasons...you may attack me all you want because your views are completely different but know that I have personal proof and historical proof to back my arguments as i explained.
    "Akamu, the Patriot Act wasnt instituted to falsy accuse Muslims."

    The Patriot Act was brought up to take away Americans liberties. The Government told us it was brought up to "enhance" our security against terrorism (complete trash)

    "Overall the reason for the Patriot Act to be created made perfect logical sense."

    To a derranged power hungry control freak, yes it makes perfect logical sense.

    "We are dealing with an enemy that plans it's attack by infiltration. To stop that infiltration, the Patriot Act is neccessary"

    You can't fight an idea, Ron Paul said it best (when I get home I will post his video)

    "I have a personal family member of mine that has been falsy accused by the goverment, so personally, i expect my hate for some actions of the goverment is far beyond yours."

    That's just plain stupid to assume that your anger is greater then mine? (what's the point in even saying that?) anyhow, by what you have demostrated to me, I behold so much more knowledge on this subject then you that you can't even begin to understand my hatred towards our government, groups and people who control them and stimulate our world as they please.

    "Do you think Lyndon B Johnson was a good president? Because the Vietnam war was his decision and we suffered greatly by it and then backed out and we lost the war, resulting in thouands of deaths for no purpose, messed up Vietnam vets, a society that blamed the soldiers and spat on them as they returned home...Is that the country you want us to be again?"

    President Johnson lied to get us into war (hey didn't G. W. Bush lie too? answer is yes he did) fighting meaningless wars is how our government likes to do it. I don't see anyone blaming soldiers, they did not choose to go to war, they only fight them. I'm not going further into this, who is blaming the troops for wars? be real now.

    "I feel that the difference between me and many people that have views like you is that I see the consequences before they will occur, becuase it is obvious to me."

    Are you trying to call yourself a superior-being of some sort? because you keep hinting that you are above me and many people. You sound extremly arrogant.

    "Saddam killed millions, had views of one of the worst men to ever live....is that not enough reason to go to war and end his reign to save others and the country itself?"

    THE POINT FOR THE WAR WAS FOR OIL AND OTHER UNREASONABLE INTENTIONS, THE GLOBALIST DO NOT GIVE A **** ABOUT HUMAN LIFE YOU FOOL! (I don't want to go into name calling but come on bro wake the **** up!)

    I was bored at work that's why I even read this, do you know what a paragraph is? holy shyt!
    Last edited by Akamu; Jul 29, 2008 at 15:58.

  2. #32
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    So if you say going into Iraq was useless, you are dead wrong. Saddam was a tyrant that was followed through FEAR. You also know that the Iraqi soccer team was tortured for not winning soccer games right? And yet the American people slam Bush for taking Saddam out of power and his tyrant goverment which he controlled. Saddam killed millions, had views of one of the worst men to ever live....is that not enough reason to go to war and end his reign to save others and the country itself? Now you'll say how did we save others if so many Iraqis have died? well my answer is that it is War and many of those people were enemies trying to kill our soldiers. And also in War innocent people die by accident, were Saddam killed innocents on purpose.
    1) Fighting a war because people in another country are suffering isn't a reason. People in Darfur had it much worse and we haven't done a thing for them. They are facing a genocide.

    2)Saddam didn't torture athletes, his demented son Uday did.

    3)Saddams "evilness" is not reason. Our president doesn't do whats best for some other country. His job is to do whats best for US, his constituents.

    4)An alarming number of innocent people have been killed that would not have died in the old Iraq.

    5) Israel should be wiped off the map. A free Palestine will one day rise again and its people will be given whats been long overdue.

  3. #33
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Akamu
    Thank you, at least someone is noticing and trying to learn something-


    I don't pretend either, I tell you what I do know, what I believe and what I have strong evidence for to back me up.

    Watching "main-stream" news isn't going to do much good, look through various sources of news around the net, you will be much more informed and better off.

    There is OVERWHLEMING evidence of the crimes our government commits.

    Maybe? Lol, I don't get this news and info from my azz bro, this is real and reality is scary, you just have to blink and realize these things really go on.



    "Akamu, the Patriot Act wasnt instituted to falsy accuse Muslims."

    The Patriot Act was brought up to take away Americans liberties. The Government told us it was brought up to "enhance" our security against terrorism (complete trash)

    "Overall the reason for the Patriot Act to be created made perfect logical sense."

    To a derranged power hungry control freak, yes it makes perfect logical sense.

    "We are dealing with an enemy that plans it's attack by infiltration. To stop that infiltration, the Patriot Act is neccessary"

    You can't fight an idea, Ron Paul said it best (when I get home I will post his video)

    "I have a personal family member of mine that has been falsy accused by the goverment, so personally, i expect my hate for some actions of the goverment is far beyond yours."

    That's just plain stupid to assume that your anger is greater then mine? (what's the point in even saying that?) anyhow, by what you have demostrated to me, I behold so much more knowledge on this subject then you that you can't even begin to understand my hatred towards our government, groups and people who control them and stimulate our world as they please.

    "Do you think Lyndon B Johnson was a good president? Because the Vietnam war was his decision and we suffered greatly by it and then backed out and we lost the war, resulting in thouands of deaths for no purpose, messed up Vietnam vets, a society that blamed the soldiers and spat on them as they returned home...Is that the country you want us to be again?"

    President Johnson lied to get us into war (hey didn't G. W. Bush lie too? answer is yes he did) fighting meaningless wars is how our government likes to do it. I don't see anyone blaming soldiers, they did not choose to go to war, they only fight them. I'm not going further into this, who is blaming the troops for wars? be real now.

    "I feel that the difference between me and many people that have views like you is that I see the consequences before they will occur, becuase it is obvious to me."

    Are you trying to call yourself a superior-being of some sort? because you keep hinting that you are above me and many people. You sound extremly arrogant.

    "Saddam killed millions, had views of one of the worst men to ever live....is that not enough reason to go to war and end his reign to save others and the country itself?"

    THE POINT FOR THE WAR WAS FOR OIL AND OTHER UNREASONABLE INTENTIONS, THE GLOBALIST DO NOT GIVE A **** ABOUT HUMAN LIFE YOU FOOL! (I don't want to go into name calling but come on bro wake the **** up!)

    I was bored at work that's why I even read this, do you know what a paragraph is? holy shyt!
    sorry this isnt an english paper i could give two shyts about making paragraphs. But since u complained about it ill do it. You didn't read the reasoning for my statements for example the second red statement, i put my reasoning after which u didnt bother commenting on basically it seems like you do not know about the propaganda used in the Mid East. And i gave examples for it, i never said i was superior and im not arrogant i just see the enemy side to it and u just see the american side to it.

    The Lyndon B Johnson thing was exactly my point that we shouldnt back out...you can compare him and Bush and still if we backed out of Iraq it would result in the same scenerio as Vietnam...a war that was lost for no purpose.

    Unless you have friends that were former Taliban members why do you even care about the Patriot Act, it's not intended for most Americans. People usually with a criminal background or that would have an affiliation with a terrorist or violent group would see it as "taking away liberties", without it we'd be extremely vulnerable to any attack. Terrorist do attack by infiltration so no matter what you say this Act makes sense wether it takes away some "civil liberties" i'd rather that then be vulnerable for enemies. I know im not a terrorist so im not worried about the Patriot Act, so why are you worried? What u mean you can't fight an idea? It happened already and we have to fight against it. And terrorist attacking by infiltration has been done in England also. when they caught a bunch of terrorist planning on blowing up airplanes using chemicals or chemical weapons i dont remember the specifics, look it up it was big news at the time. Something like that would have been easily planned in America if there was no Patriot Act, because it would leave us vulnerable for any kind of enemy just like England was vulnerable and thank god they stopped it from happening. Also the London underground terrorist attack...with a Patriot Act maybe those guys would have been caught before it happened. The Patriot Act is simply being cautious towards known criminals entering the U.S.A, do you want to be protected or not? We could have wound up like England with multiple terrorist attacks. Terrorist are out there and your delusion that every attack was by the countries goverment is disproved by terrorist attacks in other countries which are our allies like England. And this happened after 9/11.

    After the last statement, the fourth green one u presented...i further explained on it that wether OUR INTENTIONS were for oil or not is not the problem anymore....it's trying to win the war and establishing a new goverment in Iraq...and if we dont then the consequences will be far worse due to the propaganda and violent influence these Mid Eastern countries use. And don't tell me no good has come out of this war, you know how many people were saved from Saddam's rule? And we can change the goverment for good even though it wasnt our first intentions. We went in there for certain reasons, then we adapted and tried fixing other problems such as the goverment.

    My hatred towards the goverment, I showed through personal experience which i feel is the most powerful. I said that i probaly have more hatred then you do to my personal experience of having a close family member falsy accused and others as well that are part of my famly that i didnt mention. I think a personal experience is more powerful then watching youtube videos. For example, you may hate murderers but if someone's family memember has been murdered than obviously their hatred for them will be far greater than yours. Thats the point i was trying to get across, not that i have more knowledge than you about the goverment, i never said that.

    Concluding this, you and me will prob never have the same view on politics, national security, or anything else involving this country and the rest of the world. I gave my reasoning, i dont need to be a politician to figure out that some things need to be taken more seriously...like the consequences of backing out of the Iraq war, like getting rid of the Patriot Act leaving our national security more vulnerable to plot any attack by any enemy. Also take seriously the views that these enemy countries have of us and the rest of the world and the type of propaganda they spread. Also take seriously the fact that an enemy country like Iran can easily in due time get a chemical weapon to threaten against us, thinking that it will never happen is a clear delusion and one i hope you will realize. And many there are many other things i hope u understand concerning the future of this country, our allies, and the rest of the world. Don't take this arguement personally your a cool dude Akamu, especially for respecting my optimism and making me a sig by welcoming me to this site. I still thank you for that, just that the things i have seen outside of this country is something to look at more closely cuz it can hit our doorsteps sooner than you think.

  4. #34
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Unless you have friends that were former Taliban members why do you even care about the Patriot Act

    ...Are you serious? you kidden me right? this is a joke? ....(please tell me your baby brother typed this or something!)


    This was the single most blockheaded statement you have made thus far. It's hard for me to take you seriously when you say something like that. I got tired of typing and trying to educate you when it looks like your not willing to learn and be open minded to other sources of information that contain more relevance, so what's the point in even doing so? (1 reason for me is other people will read this so they can analyze and figure out what's bullshyt and what's not.)


    You may not give a shyt about your rights, but other people such as myself DO. It's obvious you have no idea what an amendment is, our country is based on freedom so this is a very LARGE blow to our freedom.


    The government DID NOT NEED TO PASS THE PATRIOT ACT! If they felt the need to seriously investigate a person or persons they can obtain a "WARRANT" from a judge to do so. Now they can do it freely and can do so much more as they please, walk in and out of your house with no warrant, listen to you and your girl have phone sex, and keep every type of conversation you have, weather it be by e-mail, phone, heck even public, for their records, WHERE IS YOUR PRIVACY AT? ....Exactly, this law wasn't passed in the Middle East, it was passed here so it effects EVERY AMERICAN!

    The President can have you sent to jail and YOU CAN"T DO A DAMN THING ABOUT IT! You have LOST your protection!

    Why care huh? also you have a family member involved with this sort of bullshyt and your telling me WHY CARE? Wow!

    A thing about 9/11, ALL those planes could have been brought down or shot down but were purposely not. Except Flight 93, with all the evidence I looked at, it looks like it was either shot down or it landed, not crashed because of heroics. (I think it was shot down, since the FBI documented debris for 8 miles? When do planes all of a sudden just fall apart like that anyway?)

    (Flight 93 NOT BROUGHT DOWN BY HEROS!)


    Flight 93 shot down or landed?:


    Flight 93: Cell Call Exposed 9/11:


    Not enough for you? READ THIS!:

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    CNN Discusses Mysterious White Plane Over D.C. on 9/11:


    The reason I brought up Flight 93 is because, it helps to further explain to you that 9/11 was not done by TERRORIST BUT BY THE GOVERNMENT! They never gave you a clear story about what went on with flight 93.

    This horrid event eventually lead into releasing "THE PATRIOT ACT" something they couldn't do unless a perfect disaster like 9/11 came about.

    Until you actually understand the Patriot Act and FISA BILL do not even try to speak to me on this matter, research and think more before you start assuming that what you say is right-
    Last edited by Akamu; Jul 30, 2008 at 16:15.

  5. #35
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Akamu i dont need to read the whole thing to understand what the Patriot Act is, i know it invades privacy im not a moron. The thing is i can care less about privacy when I have nothing to worry about cuz im not talking about killing this person and killing that person. WHO GIVES A SHYT ABOUT PRIVACY. Doesnt matter wether i know every amednment or everything about the fukin patriot act, the bottom line is that it invades privacy to catch conversations that could be a possible plan to harm the country. You really think we have no enemies in the world do you? I dont care if some loser goverment agent hears me havin phone sex wit my girl, i dont give a shyt, cuz he cant do shyt to me if i dont say sufficient proof that im gonna harm the country in any way. It will probably be gone after the new election, damn every Bush hater will say and do anything to get him out of office. It's pathetic. Cant wait to see a democratic president in there makin peace with every Mid Eastern country...there's more problems in the world then Bush and his views.

  6. #36
    Administrator rady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    3,810
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Paul, things are very simple with this. No one really cares if you did or didn't do something wrong. If the gov wants to search your house or arrest you, they will do it without any questions asked. The "being a terrorist" reason is just a pretext, leaving you at ZERO rights. We can even do a parallel with the medieval times when if a woman was suspected of being a witch she could have ended being burned on a pile. Do you believe in witches Paul? Do you understand how fear works (fear of God.. fear of evil terrorists..) and how it has always been the most successful way of manipulating people?

  7. #37
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Akamu i dont need to read the whole thing to understand what the Patriot Act is, i know it invades privacy im not a moron. The thing is i can care less about privacy when I have nothing to worry about cuz im not talking about killing this person and killing that person. WHO GIVES A SHYT ABOUT PRIVACY. Doesnt matter wether i know every amednment or everything about the fukin patriot act, the bottom line is that it invades privacy to catch conversations that could be a possible plan to harm the country. You really think we have no enemies in the world do you? I dont care if some loser goverment agent hears me havin phone sex wit my girl, i dont give a shyt, cuz he cant do shyt to me if i dont say sufficient proof that im gonna harm the country in any way. It will probably be gone after the new election, damn every Bush hater will say and do anything to get him out of office. It's pathetic. Cant wait to see a democratic president in there makin peace with every Mid Eastern country...there's more problems in the world then Bush and his views.
    That just proved you aren't a real "American." Or atleast you don't believe in the ideals that America was founded on. I think a quote will suffice to explain this;

    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

  8. #38
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    That just proved you aren't a real "American." Or atleast you don't believe in the ideals that America was founded on. I think a quote will suffice to explain this;
    dumb explanation to not be a "real" american. In God we Trust, there's something that the founders of America believed in that you dont follow. Does that mean that you are you not a "real" american? NO.

  9. #39
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    dumb explanation to not be a "real" american. In God we Trust, there's something that the founders of America believed in that you dont follow. Does that mean that you are you not a "real" american? NO.
    Once again your prove your ignorance. If you knew ANYTHING about the founding fathers, you'd know that the majority of them weren't christian. The majority were Deists. Also, many also spoke out against combining church and state and President Adams made a statement during office that the country was NOT founded on Christianity or any religion and that it was the creators intention to separate shruch from state because the church had no business being involved with the government.


    Before you make an argument like that, maybe you should actually have a clue what you're talking about.
    Last edited by TunerAddict; Jul 30, 2008 at 23:39. Reason: typo

  10. #40
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    BTW that guy never hit the news with whatever he presented the reason why this thread was created. I didnt see him on TV hit any big time news so i guess his info was dismissed.

  11. #41
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    It was only shown on the C-Span channel, no shyt the media is not covering this, until it really blows up and they have no choice but to report on it, they will continue to ignore it.

    His info doesn't get dismissed because main-stream media doesn't want to jump all over it (that's very ignorant to say). There's a bunch of different sources that report on this across the net, the media-puppets do not want to draw mass attention to this-

  12. #42
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Akamu
    It was only shown on the C-Span channel, no shyt the media is not covering this, until it really blows up and they have no choice but to report on it, they will continue to ignore it.

    His info doesn't get dismissed because main-stream media doesn't want to jump all over it (that's very ignorant to say). There's a bunch of different sources that report on this across the net, the media-puppets do not want to draw mass attention to this-
    i didnt say 100% dismissed shyt everyone jumps on me in a second assuming i meant something, i meant it was PROBABLY dismissed since i was expecting it to be big news and it wasnt. And the C-Span channel is one of those extremely boring chnnels in my opinion so he wont get any notice on that channel. Dude, if he has good info that really shows me that Bush had otehr intentions then i dont mind looking at it...but youtube videos will never convince me 100% anymore cuz they have been disprovin b4.

  13. #43
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Once again your prove your ignorance. If you knew ANYTHING about the founding fathers, you'd know that the majority of them weren't christian. The majority were Deists. Also, many also spoke out against combining church and state and President Adams made a statement during office that the country was NOT founded on Christianity or any religion and that it was the creators intention to separate shruch from state because the church had no business being involved with the government.


    Before you make an argument like that, maybe you should actually have a clue what you're talking about.
    Since you just like to ignore everytime I counter one of your arguments I'll just put this back out there and force you into dealing with it.

  14. #44
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Since you just like to ignore everytime I counter one of your arguments I'll just put this back out there and force you into dealing with it.
    Good point on the Deist thing. I never said any of these guys were Christian just pointed out the phrase on our currency...but lets break down the founding fathers briefly:

    1)Washington was said to attend Church but Historians argue this, majority says he was a Deist in the end.
    2)John Adams...many argued that he wasnt a Deist because he believed that having a religion is better than having no religion at all.
    3)Ben Franklin...i dont remeber what his beliefs were. This is quoted from wikipedia "Like most [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] intellectuals, Franklin separated virtue, morality, and faith from organized religion, although he felt that if religion in general grew weaker, morality, virtue, and society in general would also decline." Basically he had a view like Adams, he wasnt religious but believed that society needed religion to remain strong. And that it's better to hve religion then no religion at all.
    4)James Madison was raised in the Church of England. I'm sure he stayed with that belief.
    5)Jefferson was the biggest guy against religion and state.
    6)Alexander Hamilton went from being Orthodox Christian to mocking it. Then before he died asked for communion and got rejected a few times and finally recieved communion from Reverand Benjamin Moore, who was an Episcapal Bishop in New York.
    7)Samuel Adams had parents that were devout Puritans that went to the Old South Congregational Church and Adams was heavily influenced by them.

    By seeing these main seven:
    -two were not Deist
    -two others didnt believe in religion but felt it was needed to have a strong country
    -2 were definetly Deist and Washington still being a question mark.

    In the end, not every founding father was a Deist, even those that didnt support religion like yourself, still felt it was needed in America. In God We Trust is an example of not making America a secular country from the start and to respect other religions that do believe in God.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •