Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Out of the 16 players, who would you make reserves?

  1. #1
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Out of the 16 players, who would you make reserves?

    The Knicks have 16 guranteed contracts for the upcoming season and some players that played last year will have to be sidelined in a suit and tie which we refer to as the reserve squad. So my question is who do you think will be on that reserve list....note that only 12 players can be active so 4 have to be reserved. Who do you think?

    Knicks roster- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    My opinion what the reserves will be
    Reserves: Jerome James, Mardy Collins, Malik Rose, Renaldo Balkman

    James- hasnt played decent in years will def be reserved
    Collins- even though he averaged 10 ppg and 4 assist per game, he shot a poor 36% in the summer league, i doubt Mike D will give him a spot.
    Rose- hasnt impressed anyone in a while will prob be reserved
    Balkman- hasnt impressed enough in summer league and with all the SF's he is prob the least productive...note that Jeffries is more valuable because of his height and ability to play from SF to C decently. But it's really a matter of opinion between Jeffries and Balkman because both of their main attributes is their defense, i think Jeffries is more valuable.

  2. #2
    Superstar NicksKnicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Birstall, England
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I dont agree with Balkman. Although Jeffries is taller and abit more versatile he misses too many easy lay-ups. Balkman may not be offensivly talented, he does not miss as many easy buckets. Also Balkmans attitude impresses me. Hes deffinetly a spark off the bench and aint affraid to throw his body around to retrieve a loose ball. So on that he gets into my squad.

    I agree with the rest. Collins hasnt shown enough, James is a waste of space and rose has got nothing.

  3. #3
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    You're only allowed to have 15 players, I think.

    These are not the players who I think will be reserves. These are the players who I want to be reserves:

    Jerome James, Eddy Curry, and Malik Rose

  4. #4
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You have to be half retarded to honestly believe Jefferies is better and more productive than Balkman because of his height.

    Just avoid the embarrassment and say you were wrong. We really don't need to get into this.

  5. #5
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You have to be half retarded to honestly believe Jefferies is better and more productive than Balkman because of his height.

    Just avoid the embarrassment and say you were wrong. We really don't need to get into this.
    As i said its a matter of opinion their stats are very much alike, I rated Jeffries over Balkman becuase his height makes a difference and can help at the Center spot were Balkman is limited to SF and PF being only 6'8. Metro, Balkman will never be a star. He is a scrub just like Jeffries but if i had to choose between the two i'd stick with Jeffries. They both are defensive specialist, Balkman is faster but is still only imited to be a Forward were Jeffries can play more positions which makes him more valuable to me Also being that Knicks are full of forwards and have one Center, Curry, who wont survive 15 minutes, a back up Center is extremely needed.

  6. #6
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Watch a Knick game.

  7. #7
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Watch a Knick game.
    I do watch Knick games kid and after watching Balkman i have concluded that he is a scrub that is trade bait. I hope he can improve his game one day. By the way who would you make reserves?

  8. #8
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    you obviously don't if you say Jefferies is better than someone besides Jerome James

  9. #9
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    you obviously don't if you say Jefferies is better than someone besides Jerome James
    i gave my reasons, as i said matter of opinion

  10. #10
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    no matter of facts, get it right son, start paying attention

  11. #11
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    no matter of facts, get it right son, start paying attention
    look at the Knicks stats if u want facts Balkman and Jeffries both dont impress shyt...and their stats are very much alike. And their pretty much the same player, only difference really is that Balkman is faster and Jeffries is taller. You make your choice, wuts ur 4 reserves anyway?

  12. #12
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    I do watch Knick games kid and after watching Balkman i have concluded that he is a scrub that is trade bait. I hope he can improve his game one day. By the way who would you make reserves?
    You're blind.

    Balkman is one of the primary guys who pushes the ball up tempo, rebounds at an elite rate and is our best perimeter defender and help defender.

    You need to watch more games for you to understand that.

    Whenever Balkman came off the bench, his presence and energy was felt; similar to Varejao on the Cavs.

    Balkman offensively is limited, but defensively he creates his offense.
    Balkman is a good asset on this team.

    Where as Jefferies is larthargic and robotic in movement.
    He's a 6"10 guy with no position, not much talent and limited skills.
    He isn't good at anything, and he wasn't even good defensively for the majority of his time on the Knicks(too slow to stay infront of guys, too weak to post defense)

    Jefferies has been one of the worst Knicks behind Malik Rose.
    Balkman atleast provided sparks and flashes.

    I'm really disappointed with this thread and post overall.

    We need Balk, he's a team player and loves to defend and rebound. You won't find a lot of that on this team.
    Plus his contract isn't big and ugly as Jefferies.

    I see no logical reason to have Balk over JJ except "size"...wtf Jefferies is 2 inches taller than Balkman and suddenly becomes better?
    LOL?

  13. #13
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You're blind.

    Balkman is one of the primary guys who pushes the ball up tempo, rebounds at an elite rate and is our best perimeter defender and help defender.

    You need to watch more games for you to understand that.

    Whenever Balkman came off the bench, his presence and energy was felt; similar to Varejao on the Cavs.

    Balkman offensively is limited, but defensively he creates his offense.
    Balkman is a good asset on this team.

    Where as Jefferies is larthargic and robotic in movement.
    He's a 6"10 guy with no position, not much talent and limited skills.
    He isn't good at anything, and he wasn't even good defensively for the majority of his time on the Knicks(too slow to stay infront of guys, too weak to post defense)

    Jefferies has been one of the worst Knicks behind Malik Rose.
    Balkman atleast provided sparks and flashes.

    I'm really disappointed with this thread and post overall.

    We need Balk, he's a team player and loves to defend and rebound. You won't find a lot of that on this team.
    Plus his contract isn't big and ugly as Jefferies.

    I see no logical reason to have Balk over JJ except "size"...wtf Jefferies is 2 inches taller than Balkman and suddenly becomes better?
    LOL?
    Being the situation a 6'8 guy is not a need and he cant help at the Center spot which is the main reason i said this. and this thread wasnt to talk about what i thought, it was the reserves that u thought they would be so by saying ur dissapointed in this thread is simply becuase u didnt even answer the question to why this thread was made. If you think Balkman being young, ahtletic, and full of energy is more imporant than i understand that.

  14. #14
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I just think you're putting too much money into "height" with guys like Robinson and Balkman, when they play bigger than their actual height.

    Height is so overrated these days. Kobe is really 6"4 in reality, but is the best player in the NBA today.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,650
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    they both sux..

Similar Threads

  1. International Players More Hype than Hope
    By KnicksFan4Realz in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: Feb 20, 2009, 16:33
  2. What players wont return next season
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: May 20, 2008, 13:57
  3. LARRY IS AS MUCH TO BLAME AS ISIAH
    By furious lord in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2007, 06:17
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec 08, 2007, 21:42
  5. Thoughts on Knicks 2007-8 season
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Oct 29, 2007, 23:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •