View Poll Results: Will Mike D'Antoni's run and gun style work on the Knicks?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, D'Antoni's style will work for the Knicks.

3 23.08%
  • No, we need defense.

1 7.69%
  • I don't Know; only time will tell.

9 69.23%

Thread: The Official Eddy Curry Sucks Thread

Hybrid View

KnicksonLIN.com

Default The Official Eddy Curry Sucks Thread

I think this thread is long overdue.

*Props goes to MSGKnickz33 for the Crawford Sucks Thread.*

Haterburys and Currysexuals always wanna talk about Marbury, but they don't want wanna say anything about Curry.

I'm about to enlighten all the Haterburys and Currysexuals with some facts.

Eddy Curry is one of the most overrated and one dimensional players I have ever seen. He never plays defense, he never rebounds, and he's always out of shape.

Look at Curry's career averages:
    13.5 points, 5.4 rebounds, .7 blocks, .6 assists

What a waste of talent. A 6-11 center with all the tools to dominate is averaging the rebounds that a small forward is expected to average, the blocks that a shooting guard is expected to average, and the assists that a junior varsity high school bench player is expected to average.

Look at Curry's numbers in his final year with the Bulls, and look at his numbers with the Knicks:

<table class="playerStatTable careerAvg" border="1" bordercolor="#cccccc" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="odd"> <td class="yr">04-05</td> <td class="tm">CHI</td> <td>63</td> <td>60</td> <td>28.7</td> <td>0.538</td> <td>0.000</td> <td>0.720</td> <td>1.8</td> <td>3.5</td> <td>5.4</td> <td>0.6</td> <td>0.3</td> <td>0.9</td> <td>2.59</td> <td>3.20</td> <td>16.1</td></tr> <tr class=""> <td class="yr">05-06</td> <td class="tm">NYK</td> <td>72</td> <td>69</td> <td>25.9</td> <td>0.563</td> <td>0.000</td> <td>0.632</td> <td>2.0</td> <td>4.0</td> <td>6.0</td> <td>0.3</td> <td>0.4</td> <td>0.8</td> <td>2.49</td> <td>3.30</td> <td>13.6</td></tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="yr">06-07</td> <td class="tm">NYK</td> <td>81</td> <td>81</td> <td>35.2</td> <td>0.576</td> <td>1.000</td> <td>0.615</td> <td>2.4</td> <td>4.6</td> <td>7.0</td> <td>0.8</td> <td>0.4</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>3.64</td> <td>3.30</td> <td>19.5</td></tr> <tr class=""> <td class="yr">07-08</td> <td class="tm">NYK</td> <td>59</td> <td>58</td> <td>25.9</td> <td>0.546</td> <td>0.000</td> <td>0.623</td> <td>1.9</td> <td>2.8</td> <td>4.7</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>2.14</td> <td>2.70</td> <td>13.2</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Curry obviously doesn't take his job seriously. As you can see, Curry's numbers immediately declined, in his first year with the Knicks.
    Isiah Thomas gave Curry a 6 year-60 million dollar extension, and this is what the Knicks get in return-low production.

Haterburys like to point out that Marbury is selfish. Well look at this. Curry was given a 6 year-60 million dollar contract extension by Isiah Thomas(more years than Marbury's contract) and he can't even keep himself in shape.

Let's take a look at Curry's numbers in his so called "breakout season."

Curry's 2006-2007 season stats:
    19.5 points, 7 rebounds, .5 blocks, 3.6 To's, .8 assists, .6 steals, 57.6&#37;FT

You see that? Curry got that playing time for nothing. His points per game went up, but his defense was worse than ever, and his turnovers was worse than ever. He also couldn't make any free throws, his passing ability was horrible, and his rebounding was below average, for a player that's a 6-11 starting center and that got 35 minutes per game.

The Eddy Curry Line
    Eddy Curry has a line named after him, because he averages more turnovers than assists, blocks, and steals combined.

Here's the numbers:
    2006-2007
    Curry's combined steals, assists, and blocks: 1.8
    Curry's turnovers: 3.6

2007-2008
    Curry's combined steals, assists, and blocks: 1.2
    Curry's turnovers: 2.14

2007-2008 season
    Just when you thought Curry was finally going to get in shape, he actually gains weight over the summer.

Curry's 2007-2008 stats:
    13.2 points, 4.7 rebounds, .5 blocks, .5 assists, .2 steals

That's pathetic, for a 6-11 starting NBA center.

The New York Liberty's Janel McCarville is 6-2, and she averages 5.5 rebounds. That shows how sad Curry is. Centers in the WNBA who are 9 inches shorter than him average more rebounds than him.

Eddy Curry needs to go. He's obviously not serious about basketball.
    If he was serious about basketball, he would've used his contract extension, Isiah Thomas' support, the team's support, and his 19.5 ppg season as a motivation to get better. Instead, he gets fat, and his game becomes worse than ever.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQcSoE1bt_A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQcSoE1bt_A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KnicksonLIN.com

For those of you that think Curry is going to improve his rebounding, defense, and conditioning:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

On the first link, Curry says that he's not going to change for anyone. He also says that he just has to work on his jump hook.

On the second link, he says that he's a starter in this league, but he doesn't say that he has to improve his defense or his rebounding or his conditioning.

Originally Posted by abcd
    For those of you that think Curry is going to improve his rebounding, defense, and conditioning:

On the first link, Curry says that he's not going to change for anyone. He also says that he just has to work on his jump hook.

On the second link, he says that he's a starter in this league, but he doesn't say that he has to improve his defense or his rebounding or his conditioning.
    If he thinks he's that good then he can ride the bench

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    If he thinks he's that good then he can ride the bench
    Curry has a long history of being lazy. People just haven't noticed as much, because Isiah Thomas' poor decision making has distracted from who Curry really is. I've been paying attention to Curry since he came to the Knicks(no homo) and he hasn't improved his defense or his rebounding. It's actually gotten worse, which I didn't think was possible for him to do, considering that he's always been a poor defender and rebounder.

I agree, he belongs on the bench. I'd rather start Zach Randolph or Jared Jeffries at center. Randolph can rebound, and Jeffries can play defense, so either would be better than Curry. Even Lee would be better.

Curry has a long history of being lazy. People just haven't noticed as much, because Isiah Thomas' poor decision making has distracted from who Curry really is. I've been paying attention to Curry since he came to the Knicks(no homo) and he hasn't improved his defense or his rebounding. It's actually gotten worse, which I didn't think was possible for him to do, considering that he's always been a poor defender and rebounder.

I agree, he belongs on the bench. I'd rather start Zach Randolph or Jared Jeffries at center. Randolph can rebound, and Jeffries can play defense, so either would be better than Curry. Even Lee would be better.
    Well between Lee, Curry and Zach i'd take Zach at Center. But your right he hasnt improved those areas andpe he sees the light and comes on this Knicks team atlest 1 pound lighter. I think Eddy will realize one day that Mike D and Donnie wont stand for laziness...i think Donnie would get rid of him if he saw one sign of Curry acting lazy in practice or a game.

Reading those two articles u posted, Curry sounds like a fatass nagging bytch. As i said if he doesnt like Mike D's style then Walsh will ship him out using the old fashion trade block, i bet you cant wait for that to happen lol.

KnicksonLIN.com

Eddy Curry sucks. Currysexuals are going down! I can't wait till the 08-09 season, because Curry is going to play like garbage, just like he did last season and for most of his 7 year NBA career.