The Official Eddy Curry Sucks Thread

Will Mike D'Antoni's run and gun style work on the Knicks?

• Yes, D'Antoni's style will work for the Knicks.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No, we need defense.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't Know; only time will tell.

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think this thread is long overdue.

*Props goes to MSGKnickz33 for the Crawford Sucks Thread.* :thumbsup:

Haterburys and Currysexuals always wanna talk about Marbury, but they don't want wanna say anything about Curry.

I'm about to enlighten all the Haterburys and Currysexuals with some facts.

05knicks190.jpg

340x.jpg

Eddy Curry is one of the most overrated and one dimensional players I have ever seen. He never plays defense, he never rebounds, and he's always out of shape.

Look at Curry's career averages:
13.5 points, 5.4 rebounds, .7 blocks, .6 assists

What a waste of talent. A 6-11 center with all the tools to dominate is averaging the rebounds that a small forward is expected to average, the blocks that a shooting guard is expected to average, and the assists that a junior varsity high school bench player is expected to average.

Look at Curry's numbers in his final year with the Bulls, and look at his numbers with the Knicks:

<table class="playerStatTable careerAvg" border="1" bordercolor="#cccccc" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="odd"> <td class="yr">04-05</td> <td class="tm">CHI</td> <td>63</td> <td>60</td> <td>28.7</td> <td>0.538</td> <td>0.000</td> <td>0.720</td> <td>1.8</td> <td>3.5</td> <td>5.4</td> <td>0.6</td> <td>0.3</td> <td>0.9</td> <td>2.59</td> <td>3.20</td> <td>16.1</td></tr> <tr class=""> <td class="yr">05-06</td> <td class="tm">NYK</td> <td>72</td> <td>69</td> <td>25.9</td> <td>0.563</td> <td>0.000</td> <td>0.632</td> <td>2.0</td> <td>4.0</td> <td>6.0</td> <td>0.3</td> <td>0.4</td> <td>0.8</td> <td>2.49</td> <td>3.30</td> <td>13.6</td></tr> <tr class="odd"> <td class="yr">06-07</td> <td class="tm">NYK</td> <td>81</td> <td>81</td> <td>35.2</td> <td>0.576</td> <td>1.000</td> <td>0.615</td> <td>2.4</td> <td>4.6</td> <td>7.0</td> <td>0.8</td> <td>0.4</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>3.64</td> <td>3.30</td> <td>19.5</td></tr> <tr class=""> <td class="yr">07-08</td> <td class="tm">NYK</td> <td>59</td> <td>58</td> <td>25.9</td> <td>0.546</td> <td>0.000</td> <td>0.623</td> <td>1.9</td> <td>2.8</td> <td>4.7</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>0.2</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>2.14</td> <td>2.70</td> <td>13.2</td></tr></tbody></table>
Curry obviously doesn't take his job seriously. As you can see, Curry's numbers immediately declined, in his first year with the Knicks.
Isiah Thomas gave Curry a 6 year-60 million dollar extension, and this is what the Knicks get in return-low production.

Haterburys like to point out that Marbury is selfish. Well look at this. Curry was given a 6 year-60 million dollar contract extension by Isiah Thomas(more years than Marbury's contract) and he can't even keep himself in shape.

Let's take a look at Curry's numbers in his so called "breakout season."

Curry's 2006-2007 season stats:
19.5 points, 7 rebounds, .5 blocks, 3.6 To's, .8 assists, .6 steals, 57.6%FT

You see that? Curry got that playing time for nothing. His points per game went up, but his defense was worse than ever, and his turnovers was worse than ever. He also couldn't make any free throws, his passing ability was horrible, and his rebounding was below average, for a player that's a 6-11 starting center and that got 35 minutes per game.

The Eddy Curry Line
Eddy Curry has a line named after him, because he averages more turnovers than assists, blocks, and steals combined.

Here's the numbers:
2006-2007
Curry's combined steals, assists, and blocks: 1.8
Curry's turnovers: 3.6

2007-2008
Curry's combined steals, assists, and blocks: 1.2
Curry's turnovers: 2.14

2007-2008 season
Just when you thought Curry was finally going to get in shape, he actually gains weight over the summer.

Curry's 2007-2008 stats:
13.2 points, 4.7 rebounds, .5 blocks, .5 assists, .2 steals

That's pathetic, for a 6-11 starting NBA center.

The New York Liberty's Janel McCarville is 6-2, and she averages 5.5 rebounds. That shows how sad Curry is. Centers in the WNBA who are 9 inches shorter than him average more rebounds than him.

Eddy Curry needs to go. He's obviously not serious about basketball.
If he was serious about basketball, he would've used his contract extension, Isiah Thomas' support, the team's support, and his 19.5 ppg season as a motivation to get better. Instead, he gets fat, and his game becomes worse than ever.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQcSoE1bt_A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQcSoE1bt_A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
For those of you that think Curry is going to improve his rebounding, defense, and conditioning:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02252008/sports/knicks/eddy_boils_after_loss_99184.htm
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nba/news?slug=mb-bigpic_010308

On the first link, Curry says that he's not going to change for anyone. He also says that he just has to work on his jump hook.

On the second link, he says that he's a starter in this league, but he doesn't say that he has to improve his defense or his rebounding or his conditioning.

Paul1355

All Star
For those of you that think Curry is going to improve his rebounding, defense, and conditioning:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02252008/sports/knicks/eddy_boils_after_loss_99184.htm
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nba/news?slug=mb-bigpic_010308

On the first link, Curry says that he's not going to change for anyone. He also says that he just has to work on his jump hook.

On the second link, he says that he's a starter in this league, but he doesn't say that he has to improve his defense or his rebounding or his conditioning.

If he thinks he's that good then he can ride the bench

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
If he thinks he's that good then he can ride the bench
Curry has a long history of being lazy. People just haven't noticed as much, because Isiah Thomas' poor decision making has distracted from who Curry really is. I've been paying attention to Curry since he came to the Knicks(no homo) and he hasn't improved his defense or his rebounding. It's actually gotten worse, which I didn't think was possible for him to do, considering that he's always been a poor defender and rebounder.

I agree, he belongs on the bench. I'd rather start Zach Randolph or Jared Jeffries at center. Randolph can rebound, and Jeffries can play defense, so either would be better than Curry. Even Lee would be better.

Paul1355

All Star
Curry has a long history of being lazy. People just haven't noticed as much, because Isiah Thomas' poor decision making has distracted from who Curry really is. I've been paying attention to Curry since he came to the Knicks(no homo) and he hasn't improved his defense or his rebounding. It's actually gotten worse, which I didn't think was possible for him to do, considering that he's always been a poor defender and rebounder.

I agree, he belongs on the bench. I'd rather start Zach Randolph or Jared Jeffries at center. Randolph can rebound, and Jeffries can play defense, so either would be better than Curry. Even Lee would be better.

Well between Lee, Curry and Zach i'd take Zach at Center. But your right he hasnt improved those areas andpe he sees the light and comes on this Knicks team atlest 1 pound lighter. I think Eddy will realize one day that Mike D and Donnie wont stand for laziness...i think Donnie would get rid of him if he saw one sign of Curry acting lazy in practice or a game.

Paul1355

All Star

Reading those two articles u posted, Curry sounds like a fatass nagging bytch. As i said if he doesnt like Mike D's style then Walsh will ship him out using the old fashion trade block, i bet you cant wait for that to happen lol.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Eddy Curry sucks. Currysexuals are going down! I can't wait till the 08-09 season, because Curry is going to play like garbage, just like he did last season and for most of his 7 year NBA career.

GetRealistic

Starter
And you want that because that would be a positive for the team? I guess as long as we all get the honor and previlege to witness another season of Stephon Marbury running the point guard position it doesn't matter what our record is.

Player appreciation/ player sucks threads are lame.

News Flash everybody on this team sucks. Hence we won 23 games last season. Go ahead and make the New York Knicks Suck Thread. It'll save us all a lot of time.

Curry Sucks
Crawford Sucks
Marbury Sucks
Randolph Sucks
Etc Sucks

Some people on this site are Marbury fans, some are Crawford Fans, i wouldn't say there are any Curry fans but there are a few people that believe he can still be useful (myself included), and suprisingly there are a few Randolph fans out there.

The fact is there is no winner in any of these arguements because all the players have so many flaws that you can make a million arguements against them.

And no i'm not being emotional or frustrated, and i don't need numerous pictures or animations that say i am.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Another routine 5 star thread from ABCD....this one was well needed just like the official crawford sucks thread. It all comes back to the haterburys who say that marbury needs to go but they fail to mention pieces of crap like eddy curry and jamal crawford. I cant wait for fatboy to get shipped outta NY...he needs a couple years in the d-league before hes capable of being a backup center.

I never knew about the Curry Line....thats really sad that he averages more turnovers then blocks, assists, and steals combined.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Conditioning

I honestly don't understand why in the NBA that they don't have a conditioning clause in all contracts.If they had one this load who refuses to be in condition would be penalized or his team should be allowed to cut him and his contract from the salary cap.This whole issue is mind boggling.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
i wouldn't say there are any Curry fans but there are a few people that believe he can still be useful (myself included), and suprisingly there are a few Randolph fans out there.

The fact is there is no winner in any of these arguements because all the players have so many flaws that you can make a million arguements against them.

And no i'm not being emotional or frustrated, and i don't need numerous pictures or animations that say i am.
There are Curry fans. You're one of them. That's why you want him on the team next year, and that's why you voted that Zach Randolph is slowing Eddy Curry's progress on one of my threads.

*Special Thanks for Rady for giving posters the option of making polls viewable.*

I weeded out 3 Currysexuals, thanks to your top notch technology.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
nate on espn said curry has lost weight and has been workin on his mid range jumpshot.....

wit this offense theres no reason he shouldnt keep the weight down

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
nate on espn said curry has lost weight and has been workin on his mid range jumpshot.....

And you believe that? Eddy Curry also lost weight in the 2006-2007 season, and then he gained all of it back and more for the 2007-2008 season.
Nate Robinson is a teammate of Eddy Curry. He's not going to diss his teammate on ESPN. Eddy Curry probably got back to 285(which he looked like he was about 300 pounds last year) and he's making a big deal out of it. 285 for a 6-11 center is still way too much weight. Unless Curry drops to 265 lbs., and there's photos to prove it, I'm not impressed.
Eddy Curry has never been a good jump shooter(in his 7 year career)so I have no reason to believe that he will shoot jump shots this season or any season.

Paul1355

All Star

watch him come in 30 pounds less, everyone on this site would be shocked guranteed.

Toons

is the Bo$$
this thread is unnescessary....how is curry overrated? nobody gives him props...he dosent get heat because he isnt worth it....curry has no dimension, therefore he is not one dimensional. there are no curry-sexuals, just because someone is optimistic about a player on a team they love, dosent make them a nut-hugger.....
if marbury can do no wrong, then ur a "starburian" lmao
if u like ANY other player on the team, ur a whatever-sexual
this thread needs to be closed...no1 is gonna argue for curry

Paul1355

All Star
Mike D'Antoni completely dissed Eddy Curry. When asked what D'Antoni and Curry were going to eat for lunch, D'Antoni said, "I think we're having salad."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=teamreports-2008-nba-nyk&prov=sportsxchange&type=team_report

I guess D'Antoni knows what the deal is with the 300 lb. Curry.

lol i read the article, Mike D knows whatsup, supposedly teammates are saying that Curry lost some weight...i remeber hearing that so lets see what happens.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
this thread is unnescessary....how is curry overrated? nobody gives him props...he dosent get heat because he isnt worth it....curry has no dimension, therefore he is not one dimensional. there are no curry-sexuals, just because someone is optimistic about a player on a team they love, dosent make them a nut-hugger.....
if marbury can do no wrong, then ur a "starburian" lmao
if u like ANY other player on the team, ur a whatever-sexual
this thread needs to be closed...no1 is gonna argue for curry
You obviously haven't been reading other people's posts.

1)Someone on another thread said that Curry has the potential to play like how he did in the 2006-2007 season.

2) Another person said that Curry could still average 18 points and 5 rebounds in D'Antoni's system, and that if his minutes per game went up enough, he could average 20 points and 8 rebounds.

3) Another person on this website has said that Curry is his favorite player on the Knicks.

4) Someone on one of my polls said that Curry is a top 10 NBA center.

5) Someone on another thread has said that Curry is a team player.

6) A lot of people think that Zach Randolph is the reason why Curry played poorly last year, even though Curry has always been a poor defender, rebounder, foul shooter, passer, and he's always been out of shape and turnover prone.

You and me may know Curry sucks, but there's a lot of people that don't agree. There's a lot of people that think Curry is a team player and that he deserves to be on this team more than Marbury. I think that's insane, but there's people that don't.

PS-If you want to know the names of these people that made these posts, I'll tell you through private message. I didn't feel it was necessary to shout them out.

I never said Marbury can do no wrong.
Marbury is an All Star level player that got a lot of the blame for why this team has been losing, even though Isiah Thomas traded for scrubs like Curry, Richardson, Malik Rose, and he signed scrubs like Jerome James and Jared Jeffries. He also gave Jamal Crawford a 7 year contract extension, even though he was shooting 38% from the field that year. He traded away 4 draft picks for Curry, and he traded for players with big contracts, like Jalen Rose, Steve Francis, and Zach Randolph. Jim Dolan rewarded Isiah's stupidity with a 24 million dollar contract extension.

People rarely bring those things up, yet they're always quick to call Marbury cancer. That's why I defend Marbury. I know Marbury isn't a perfect player, and I've never said he was.