Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Predict the minutes for the roster

  1. #1
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Predict the minutes for the roster

    PG Marbury - 30 mins Duhon - 18 mins
    SG Crawford - 28 mins Richardson 10 mins Robinson 10 minutes
    SF Richardson 18 mins Chandler - 20 mins Gallinari 10 minutes
    PF - Randolph 30 mins Gallinari 10 minutes Chandler - 10 minutes
    Curry - 20 mins - Lee - 28 mins


    eh...its pretty confusing, I wanna see what you guys think the rosters will be like.

  2. #2
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    dat seems pretty accurate but i dont see gallinari playing early in da season and chandler wont see that much playin time, u sayin chandler gettin 30 minutes a game? i think thats a bit high

  3. #3
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I'm kinda worried about the big contract players we have, if none of them are traded I'm not sure if my boy chandler will get the chance he needs to flourish. D'Antoni likes Chandler a lot and I hope he puts him in the starting lineup...

    Anyhow this is how I would want it:

    PG - Marbury - 30 mins Duhon - 18 mins // Marbury - 30 - Roberson - 18 mins
    SG - Chandler - 30 mins Richardson 10 mins Robinson 10 minutes // Richardson 20 mins Robinson 28 mins
    SF - Gallinari - 30 mins Crawford- 18 mins // Chandler - 30 mins - crawford 18 mins
    PF - Randolph 20 mins - Gallinari - 18 mins // Gallinari - 30 mins - Randolph 18 mins
    C - Lee - 36 mins Curry - 2 mins

    Shyt I might have confused myself, Lol man I can't see str8-

  4. #4
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Few differences

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    PG Marbury - 30 mins Duhon - 18 mins
    SG Crawford - 28 mins Richardson 10 mins Robinson 10 minutes
    SF Richardson 18 mins Chandler - 20 mins Gallinari 10 minutes
    PF - Randolph 30 mins Gallinari 10 minutes Chandler - 10 minutes
    Curry - 20 mins - Lee - 28 mins


    eh...its pretty confusing, I wanna see what you guys think the rosters will be like.
    agreed on most parts but i dont know how Nate can play SG the dude is 5'9. I think Marbury has a better chance of playing the 2 spot at times than Nate. I think Anthony Roberson will be on the active roster as a 11th or 12th man for a few minutes a game to get shots in. Q Rich might start over Chandler becuase of the history with Mike D from Phoenix so i understand why u said that...even though many feel Chandler should start. Zach might also play Center if Lee is in there so u have two rebounding guys in the post. It is confusing as u said but at a first guess i agree with most of it.

  5. #5
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    agreed on most parts but i dont know how Nate can play SG the dude is 5'9. I think Marbury has a better chance of playing the 2 spot at times than Nate. I think Anthony Roberson will be on the active roster as a 11th or 12th man for a few minutes a game to get shots in. Q Rich might start over Chandler becuase of the history with Mike D from Phoenix so i understand why u said that...even though many feel Chandler should start. Zach might also play Center if Lee is in there so u have two rebounding guys in the post. It is confusing as u said but at a first guess i agree with most of it.
    nate can play the 2, he's a great scorer off the bench and when he's in, he's against the opposin bench and he can light them em up, duhon can guard alot of SG's, he did it in chicago

  6. #6
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    nate can play the 2, he's a great scorer off the bench and when he's in, he's against the opposin bench and he can light them em up, duhon can guard alot of SG's, he did it in chicago
    I usually go against people that say that a guy being small doesnt make a difference....but your talking about 5'9 vs an average height of about 6'5 and these guys have wingspan and quickness to add to that height advantage. Nate can dominate at PG but at SG he would have more problems offensively due to his frequent mis-match. The only guy i consider to be a good small SG is Allen Iverson due to his amazing ability all around which Nate doesnt posess as much. He's a solid PG.

  7. #7
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Nate plays like a 6"5 SG, his height has ever concerned me.

  8. #8
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Nate plays like a 6"5 SG, his height has ever concerned me.
    I still wouldnt risk it at the 2 even though some people disagree...he has the abnormal leaping ability i know but when shooting a jumper he doesnt jump as high and a normal sized SG will stuff him more than you think. The advantage he has is his quickness over SG's but some guys at SG are really fast, i just think he fits at a PG spot all around and that other guys on this team are more suited for SG...like Marbury or even Duhon for defensive purposes.

  9. #9
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    I still wouldnt risk it at the 2 even though some people disagree...he has the abnormal leaping ability i know but when shooting a jumper he doesnt jump as high and a normal sized SG will stuff him more than you think. The advantage he has is his quickness over SG's but some guys at SG are really fast, i just think he fits at a PG spot all around and that other guys on this team are more suited for SG...like Marbury or even Duhon for defensive purposes.
    Of course you have to look at it in D's system, Robinson wouldn't be shooting when he could be blocked, hes only shooting open shots because they actually use ball movement in this offense. They find the open man.

Similar Threads

  1. Rose demanding more minutes
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2007, 17:53
  2. Where will the minutes go????
    By youmakemesick in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Sep 21, 2007, 12:16
  3. Roster Cuts Made
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct 26, 2005, 23:10
  4. Roster Moves
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Feb 13, 2005, 12:29
  5. Chris Bosh is a MONSTER!!!
    By Sweeets50 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Feb 06, 2005, 04:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •