View Poll Results: Center:

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Curry

    6 20.00%
  • Randolph

    6 20.00%
  • Lee

    18 60.00%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69

Thread: Your 2008-09 Starting Center

  1. #1
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Your 2008-09 Starting Center

    Curry
    Randolph
    Lee?

  2. #2
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Randolph...have him at C and Lee at PF and we should do good on the boards.

  3. #3
    Member knickfan2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo should be our starting center

  4. #4
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I say Zach Randolph, because he can rebound, post up, and knock down the jumper. He's also overweight, and that can help him muscle his way down low.

    I would put David Lee at power forward, because he can rebound, he has an inside game, and his jump shot has improved. He's not that heavy, so he would probably have trouble posting up centers. I see Lee most effective at the 4. He could easily average 15 and 10, as a starting power forward.

    I would put Curry on the inactive list and use Jeffries as a backup center.

    This is the starting lineup I would use next year:
    PG Marbury SG Crawford* SF Chandler PF Lee C Randolph

    *If Fred Jones gets re-signed, I would put him as a starter, because he plays defense.

  5. #5
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickfan2112
    Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo should be our starting center

    HELL YEA! EVERYONE KNOWS WE MISS MUTOMBO AND HIS SHOT BLOCKING

  6. #6
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Lee makes more sense as our center then pf. Bottom line is we need rebounding from the center position...not necessarily offense. Lee gets up and down the court better then randolph so that makes him the best option. Curry would be the worst option because hes not a good rebounder.

  7. #7
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Sean Williams.

  8. #8
    Member bboycustom92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    445
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    put randolphh at center
    lee as pf
    gallo as sf
    crawford as sg
    marbury as pg
    GET RID OF CURRY!!!!!

  9. #9
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Center

    Curry should be the starting center, at least at the beginning. He will have to run so hard that it might embarass him into getting into shape for once in his life. Or perhaps he will get so tired that he will wish it were the 2009 season when he can exercise his option and opt to become a free agent.

  10. #10
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Duhon
    Crawford
    Chandler
    Lee
    Curry

    If Randolph is here he will start though. Big money assures your the spot. NBA politics. Same goes for Curry, not so much because of the money beacuse as far as money goes his money isn't obsurd he hasn't earned it but if he stayed the course of two years ago and averaged those stats his contract would be considered pretty fair.

    I'm ready for Metro's posts of people shaking there head no and all that over used stuff but if Curry plays next to Lee or Gallinari he's going to have a decent season. Atleast on the offensive end. I'd say something like 18ppg and 5rpg. Nothing spectacular but servicable when for the time being.

    If you really want Curry gone you should want him to have a huge season. Like a 20ppg 8rpg. That way his trade stock skyrockets, or he's stupid enough to use his opt out clause.

  11. #11
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Duhon
    Crawford
    Chandler
    Lee
    Curry

    If Randolph is here he will start though. Big money assures your the spot. NBA politics. Same goes for Curry, not so much because of the money beacuse as far as money goes his money isn't obsurd he hasn't earned it but if he stayed the course of two years ago and averaged those stats his contract would be considered pretty fair.

    I'm ready for Metro's posts of people shaking there head no and all that over used stuff but if Curry plays next to Lee or Gallinari he's going to have a decent season. Atleast on the offensive end. I'd say something like 18ppg and 5rpg. Nothing spectacular but servicable when for the time being.

    If you really want Curry gone you should want him to have a huge season. Like a 20ppg 8rpg. That way his trade stock skyrockets, or he's stupid enough to use his opt out clause.
    Eddy Curry is never going to average those kind of numbers again. Not only did Curry average just 13 points and 4 rebounds, last season, he got a season ending injury, and he's also fat. I guarantee that the most Curry will ever average again is 15 points and 5 rebounds. David Lee could average more rebounds than that with a blindfold, and Randolph could average more than that, if you offer him a double whopper after the game. Starting Curry makes no sense. He has no trade value, because Isiah Thomas didn't trade him on his 19 point and 7 rebound season(a rare season that Curry will never have again, because hes usually fat and lazy).

  12. #12
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Inflated stats by the system my man. I'm not going to look up the numbers because i don't really care that much. But i'm guessing the Knicks as a team averaged in the mid 90s in ppg. If in fact we do play this Suns like style we'll probably average in the low 100's. That means more gimme baskets and dunks for Curry.

    Trust me i'm well aware Curry is mediocre at best, but he was fat when he scored 19 ppg. Not like he was in shape that season. Only thing that really changed was Zach Randolph being on the roster and it changed what little offensive continuity we had. Fyre was a average player but he could play the high post and didn't demand the ball, so it cleared out for Curry. It almost seemed like last season Curry and Zach were battling themselves for stats not trying to play as a team. We all know Lee is a team guy, it seems like Gallinari is a team guy. So without Randolph Curry would improve (not by a lot but by alittle). Also if you have a lineup out there of something like Duhon, Crawford, Chandler, and Gallinari the court is spread so far that Curry can play one on one, and he's body mass alone makes it tough for centers to guard him, especially since the NBA has no centers anymore.

    Dont' get me wrong, I ain't a Curry adovocate and i don't even want him playing more then around 28 mpg, but there is a place for him on this team, I also have no problem trading him, but in reality Randolph is much more likely to go (he has much great ability, much greater value to other teams, and it helps us a ton cause his contract is massive). If in fact we do trade Randolph you have to have atleast one guy on the Roster who has a post game, Curry's ain't great but in limited use he still can score points.

    Its not like i'm saying lock him up for 10 years, he's just a stop gap until we can actually land a legit big man through a trade or draft.

  13. #13
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Inflated stats by the system my man. I'm not going to look up the numbers because i don't really care that much. But i'm guessing the Knicks as a team averaged in the mid 90s in ppg. If in fact we do play this Suns like style we'll probably average in the low 100's. That means more gimme baskets and dunks for Curry.

    Trust me i'm well aware Curry is mediocre at best, but he was fat when he scored 19 ppg. Not like he was in shape that season. Only thing that really changed was Zach Randolph being on the roster and it changed what little offensive continuity we had. Fyre was a average player but he could play the high post and didn't demand the ball, so it cleared out for Curry. It almost seemed like last season Curry and Zach were battling themselves for stats not trying to play as a team. We all know Lee is a team guy, it seems like Gallinari is a team guy. So without Randolph Curry would improve (not by a lot but by alittle). Also if you have a lineup out there of something like Duhon, Crawford, Chandler, and Gallinari the court is spread so far that Curry can play one on one, and he's body mass alone makes it tough for centers to guard him, especially since the NBA has no centers anymore.

    Dont' get me wrong, I ain't a Curry adovocate and i don't even want him playing more then around 28 mpg, but there is a place for him on this team, I also have no problem trading him, but in reality Randolph is much more likely to go (he has much great ability, much greater value to other teams, and it helps us a ton cause his contract is massive). If in fact we do trade Randolph you have to have atleast one guy on the Roster who has a post game, Curry's ain't great but in limited use he still can score points.

    Its not like i'm saying lock him up for 10 years, he's just a stop gap until we can actually land a legit big man through a trade or draft.
    I agree that Curry can be good again but after last season and all his bytchin he has something to prove. Make Lee and Zach the front court men and you will have rebounding machines. It makes up for the bad defense and Curry cant defend.

  14. #14
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    So, if Zach is traded, and it looks like Donnie is trying too (more than Curry), what about Lee as the starting Center?

    PG-Duhon
    SG-Crawford
    SF-Chandler
    PF-Gallineri
    C-Lee

    (bench: nate, q. rich, jefferies, curry)

    According to the rumors, it looks like Zach and Marbury will be gone by the time the season starts.

  15. #15
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Curry is going to die of an heart attack if he goes by GetReal's unrealstic method of playing him full time so he can average 20 and 8 for trade value.

    If Shaq can't fit in D'Antoni's system, what makes you think Curry can?

    Way too up tempo for Curry.
    Even Isiah's slow circus offense was too fast for Curry, every had to wait mad seconds for him to get in position. Remember all the violations and turnovers we had just trying to set Curry up? Add that with all the offensive fouls he forced.

    Curry is hopeless and a mess. He was traded for our future.

    This roster could have Noah and Alrdige right, two guys who would fit perfectly in this system.

    Rubio
    Chandler
    Gallinari
    Aldridge
    Noah

    Could of been our future.

    Isiah ruined it.


    Lee should play center. Best rebounder @ the position, best FG% shooter, can run the floor, outlet pass, smart offensively, and very crafty.

Similar Threads

  1. James Starting!?
    By Kennedy Curse in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Dec 05, 2007, 15:48
  2. Daily News: Thomas the true Center
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 21, 2007, 01:47
  3. [New York Daily News] Larry coy on starting five
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Oct 25, 2005, 12:01
  4. The Centers Thread
    By torres in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2004, 16:21
  5. NYPOST: Lampe at Center
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct 04, 2003, 13:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •