Your 2008-09 Starting Center

Center:

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I say Zach Randolph, because he can rebound, post up, and knock down the jumper. He's also overweight, and that can help him muscle his way down low.

I would put David Lee at power forward, because he can rebound, he has an inside game, and his jump shot has improved. He's not that heavy, so he would probably have trouble posting up centers. I see Lee most effective at the 4. He could easily average 15 and 10, as a starting power forward.

I would put Curry on the inactive list and use Jeffries as a backup center.

This is the starting lineup I would use next year:
PG Marbury SG Crawford* SF Chandler PF Lee C Randolph

*If Fred Jones gets re-signed, I would put him as a starter, because he plays defense.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Lee makes more sense as our center then pf. Bottom line is we need rebounding from the center position...not necessarily offense. Lee gets up and down the court better then randolph so that makes him the best option. Curry would be the worst option because hes not a good rebounder.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Center

Curry should be the starting center, at least at the beginning. He will have to run so hard that it might embarass him into getting into shape for once in his life. Or perhaps he will get so tired that he will wish it were the 2009 season when he can exercise his option and opt to become a free agent.

GetRealistic

Starter
Duhon
Crawford
Chandler
Lee
Curry

If Randolph is here he will start though. Big money assures your the spot. NBA politics. Same goes for Curry, not so much because of the money beacuse as far as money goes his money isn't obsurd he hasn't earned it but if he stayed the course of two years ago and averaged those stats his contract would be considered pretty fair.

I'm ready for Metro's posts of people shaking there head no and all that over used stuff but if Curry plays next to Lee or Gallinari he's going to have a decent season. Atleast on the offensive end. I'd say something like 18ppg and 5rpg. Nothing spectacular but servicable when for the time being.

If you really want Curry gone you should want him to have a huge season. Like a 20ppg 8rpg. That way his trade stock skyrockets, or he's stupid enough to use his opt out clause.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Duhon
Crawford
Chandler
Lee
Curry

If Randolph is here he will start though. Big money assures your the spot. NBA politics. Same goes for Curry, not so much because of the money beacuse as far as money goes his money isn't obsurd he hasn't earned it but if he stayed the course of two years ago and averaged those stats his contract would be considered pretty fair.

I'm ready for Metro's posts of people shaking there head no and all that over used stuff but if Curry plays next to Lee or Gallinari he's going to have a decent season. Atleast on the offensive end. I'd say something like 18ppg and 5rpg. Nothing spectacular but servicable when for the time being.

If you really want Curry gone you should want him to have a huge season. Like a 20ppg 8rpg. That way his trade stock skyrockets, or he's stupid enough to use his opt out clause.
Eddy Curry is never going to average those kind of numbers again. Not only did Curry average just 13 points and 4 rebounds, last season, he got a season ending injury, and he's also fat. I guarantee that the most Curry will ever average again is 15 points and 5 rebounds. David Lee could average more rebounds than that with a blindfold, and Randolph could average more than that, if you offer him a double whopper after the game. Starting Curry makes no sense. He has no trade value, because Isiah Thomas didn't trade him on his 19 point and 7 rebound season(a rare season that Curry will never have again, because hes usually fat and lazy).

GetRealistic

Starter
Inflated stats by the system my man. I'm not going to look up the numbers because i don't really care that much. But i'm guessing the Knicks as a team averaged in the mid 90s in ppg. If in fact we do play this Suns like style we'll probably average in the low 100's. That means more gimme baskets and dunks for Curry.

Trust me i'm well aware Curry is mediocre at best, but he was fat when he scored 19 ppg. Not like he was in shape that season. Only thing that really changed was Zach Randolph being on the roster and it changed what little offensive continuity we had. Fyre was a average player but he could play the high post and didn't demand the ball, so it cleared out for Curry. It almost seemed like last season Curry and Zach were battling themselves for stats not trying to play as a team. We all know Lee is a team guy, it seems like Gallinari is a team guy. So without Randolph Curry would improve (not by a lot but by alittle). Also if you have a lineup out there of something like Duhon, Crawford, Chandler, and Gallinari the court is spread so far that Curry can play one on one, and he's body mass alone makes it tough for centers to guard him, especially since the NBA has no centers anymore.

Dont' get me wrong, I ain't a Curry adovocate and i don't even want him playing more then around 28 mpg, but there is a place for him on this team, I also have no problem trading him, but in reality Randolph is much more likely to go (he has much great ability, much greater value to other teams, and it helps us a ton cause his contract is massive). If in fact we do trade Randolph you have to have atleast one guy on the Roster who has a post game, Curry's ain't great but in limited use he still can score points.

Its not like i'm saying lock him up for 10 years, he's just a stop gap until we can actually land a legit big man through a trade or draft.

Paul1355

All Star
Inflated stats by the system my man. I'm not going to look up the numbers because i don't really care that much. But i'm guessing the Knicks as a team averaged in the mid 90s in ppg. If in fact we do play this Suns like style we'll probably average in the low 100's. That means more gimme baskets and dunks for Curry.

Trust me i'm well aware Curry is mediocre at best, but he was fat when he scored 19 ppg. Not like he was in shape that season. Only thing that really changed was Zach Randolph being on the roster and it changed what little offensive continuity we had. Fyre was a average player but he could play the high post and didn't demand the ball, so it cleared out for Curry. It almost seemed like last season Curry and Zach were battling themselves for stats not trying to play as a team. We all know Lee is a team guy, it seems like Gallinari is a team guy. So without Randolph Curry would improve (not by a lot but by alittle). Also if you have a lineup out there of something like Duhon, Crawford, Chandler, and Gallinari the court is spread so far that Curry can play one on one, and he's body mass alone makes it tough for centers to guard him, especially since the NBA has no centers anymore.

Dont' get me wrong, I ain't a Curry adovocate and i don't even want him playing more then around 28 mpg, but there is a place for him on this team, I also have no problem trading him, but in reality Randolph is much more likely to go (he has much great ability, much greater value to other teams, and it helps us a ton cause his contract is massive). If in fact we do trade Randolph you have to have atleast one guy on the Roster who has a post game, Curry's ain't great but in limited use he still can score points.

Its not like i'm saying lock him up for 10 years, he's just a stop gap until we can actually land a legit big man through a trade or draft.

I agree that Curry can be good again but after last season and all his bytchin he has something to prove. Make Lee and Zach the front court men and you will have rebounding machines. It makes up for the bad defense and Curry cant defend.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
So, if Zach is traded, and it looks like Donnie is trying too (more than Curry), what about Lee as the starting Center?

PG-Duhon
SG-Crawford
SF-Chandler
PF-Gallineri
C-Lee

(bench: nate, q. rich, jefferies, curry)

According to the rumors, it looks like Zach and Marbury will be gone by the time the season starts.

metrocard

Legend
Curry is going to die of an heart attack if he goes by GetReal's unrealstic method of playing him full time so he can average 20 and 8 for trade value.

If Shaq can't fit in D'Antoni's system, what makes you think Curry can?

Way too up tempo for Curry.
Even Isiah's slow circus offense was too fast for Curry, every had to wait mad seconds for him to get in position. Remember all the violations and turnovers we had just trying to set Curry up? Add that with all the offensive fouls he forced.

Curry is hopeless and a mess. He was traded for our future.

This roster could have Noah and Alrdige right, two guys who would fit perfectly in this system.

Rubio
Chandler
Gallinari
Aldridge
Noah

Could of been our future.

Isiah ruined it.

Lee should play center. Best rebounder @ the position, best FG% shooter, can run the floor, outlet pass, smart offensively, and very crafty.

GetRealistic

Starter
So him dieing of a heart attack would be a bad thing for the Knicks? Would't we get the money back like when somebody retires?

Also i'm pretty sure i said play him 28 mpg.

How many picks and expiring contracts did we give up for Marbury and his four game playoff sweep?

Don't even know why this thread was made cause we all know like it or not barring a trade Curry will start at center. And if Zach is here he is going to start at power forward. Only real position battles are PG and SF and unless D'Antoni really wants to go with the guy he knows in Q. Richardson the other two starts will be Chandler and Duhon.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Curry is going to die of an heart attack if he goes by GetReal's unrealstic method of playing him full time so he can average 20 and 8 for trade value.

If Shaq can't fit in D'Antoni's system, what makes you think Curry can?

Way too up tempo for Curry.
Even Isiah's slow circus offense was too fast for Curry, every had to wait mad seconds for him to get in position. Remember all the violations and turnovers we had just trying to set Curry up? Add that with all the offensive fouls he forced.

Curry is hopeless and a mess. He was traded for our future.

This roster could have Noah and Alrdige right, two guys who would fit perfectly in this system.

Rubio
Chandler
Gallinari
Aldridge
Noah

Could of been our future.

Isiah ruined it.

Lee should play center. Best rebounder @ the position, best FG% shooter, can run the floor, outlet pass, smart offensively, and very crafty.
Co-sign your post.

Eddy Curry is a loser. He's never been to the playoffs, he's always been overweight, he's never been a good rebounder, and he's never been a good defender. His offense has been mediocore, because he usually turns the ball over a lot, and he misses so many free throws. Curry has to go. He doesn't deserve to be on this team next year. If Walsh is unable to trade him, D'Antoni should put Curry on the inactive list.

Curry can't average 19 and 7 ever again, because he's fatter than ever and lazier than ever. Eddy Curry looked like he was about 300 pounds, last season, and I'm not even saying that as an insult. It's a fact. Curry also had a season ending knee injury.

How does being fat, lazy, and injured = a 19 and 7, or even an 18 and 5 season?
I'm going to continue to use common sense. I'm not going to think that a player that averaged 13 and 4 is going to average 19 and 7 or 18 and 5 next year. I have more sense than that.

Paul1355

All Star
Co-sign your post.

Eddy Curry is a loser. He's never been to the playoffs, he's always been overweight, he's never been a good rebounder, and he's never been a good defender. His offense has been mediocore, because he usually turns the ball over a lot, and he misses so many free throws. Curry has to go. He doesn't deserve to be on this team next year. If Walsh is unable to trade him, D'Antoni should put Curry on the inactive list.

Curry can't average 19 and 7 ever again, because he's fatter than ever and lazier than ever. Eddy Curry looked like he was about 300 pounds, last season, and I'm not even saying that as an insult. It's a fact. Curry also had a season ending knee injury.

How does being fat, lazy, and injured = a 19 and 7, or even an 18 and 5 season?
I'm going to continue to use common sense. I'm not going to think that a player that averaged 13 and 4 is going to average 19 and 7 or 18 and 5 next year. I have more sense than that.

He has to play becuase we have no centers

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
He has to play becuase we have no centers
No he doesn't. We could start Lee or Randolph, at center, and bring Jeffries and James off the bench. At least Lee and Randolph can rebound, and James and Jeffries can play defense. Jerome James is also fat and lazy, but he averages 1 block a game for his career. Jeffries is good at getting steals and taking charges. Lee and Randolph can both score and rebound. The Knicks don't need Curry.

Paul1355

All Star
No he doesn't. We could start Lee or Randolph, at center, and bring Jeffries and James off the bench. At least Lee and Randolph can rebound, and James and Jeffries can play defense. Jerome James is also fat and lazy, but he averages 1 block a game for his career. Jeffries is good at getting steals and taking charges. Lee and Randolph can both score and rebound. The Knicks don't need Curry.

James will be sitting at home watching Knicks games like me and you I'd be utterly shocked if i see him on the court....havent u noticed that there hasnt been one article saying he is practicing? Cuz he prob isnt, he is home eating his fukin burgers or watever. Randolph can start at Center with Curry as a backup...and Jeffires would work if Curry or Randolph pass out.