Your 2008-09 Starting Center

Center:

• Total voters

jimkcchief88

All Star
I still think E-city should be the starter. He has size and a great set of hands and you can't teach either of those things. I know everyone wants to see the uptempo style, but we play in the East. Teams will slow the ball down on us and you have to be able to run half-court sets. Lee is a garbage player which you need but has not shown the ability to play with his back to the goal. Even Zach likes to hang around the circle and spot up. E-city is our only low-post scoring threat. Start 'em.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I still think E-city should be the starter. He has size and a great set of hands and you can't teach either of those things. I know everyone wants to see the uptempo style, but we play in the East. Teams will slow the ball down on us and you have to be able to run half-court sets. Lee is a garbage player which you need but has not shown the ability to play with his back to the goal. Even Zach likes to hang around the circle and spot up. E-city is our only low-post scoring threat. Start 'em.
Arguably the worst post of 2008.
Zach Randolph knows how to score in the low post. He has a hook shot, turnaround jumper, and lay up. and David Lee knows how to use his athleticism to get lay ups and dunks. Who cares if Lee doesn't have soft hands? Stop listening to the media and pay attention to how David Lee and Zach Randolph play. They're both better players than Curry, and they both would make more productive centers than Curry, even though their natural position is the power forward position.

Eddy Curry's rebounds per game last year: 4.7
David Lee's rebounds per game last year: 8.9
Zach Randolph's rebounds per game last year: 10.3

Eddy Curry's assists per game: .5
David Lee's assists per game:1.2
Zach Randolph's assists per game: 2.0

Paul1355

All Star
Arguably the worst post of 2008.
Zach Randolph knows how to score in the low post. He has a hook shot, turnaround jumper, and lay up. and David Lee knows how to use his athleticism to get lay ups and dunks. Who cares if Lee doesn't have soft hands. Stop listening to the media and pay attention to how David Lee and Zach Randolph play. They're both better players than Curry, and they both would make more productive centers than Curry, even though their natural position is the power forward position.

cosign

Right now at this point Eddy has to prove that he can improve his fundamental game such as passing, ball handling..IQ hopefully etc. He also has to turn that fat into some muscle, if he ever did he'd be a baby shaq wit his power. As of now Zach is the best solution for C, he has the height,weight, and rebounding ability for the C spot and with Lee at his side any missed rebound by Zach will be picked up by Lee. This is the best solution being that rebounding is more important than everyone thinks. Being that any front court possibility has no solid defense the rebounding factor comes into play with Lee and Randolph.

metrocard

Legend
To add to ABCD's brilliance.
Curry is 6"11
But plays like a 6"2 guard...soft lay ups, no thunderous dunks...isn't aggressive...too gentle.

Curry's best asset is his agility.
He's not strong.
Not fast.
Isn't explosive.

I never SEEN the hype in Curry.
Sad to see so many people be fooled.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I will be so glad to see E-city prove you guys wrong this year. Why do you think Duhon was brought in this year? Just to hold "Starbury's" jock. No. Steph has "Team Starbury" to do that. Duhon was brought in to feed the ball to E-city properly and up his production on both ends of the court. METROTARD said it best. Eddy's best asset is his AGILITY. That's rare for a man his size and you can't teach that. I know you want some freakish guy that can run the floor and tear the rim down, but most of those guys are not centers. Did you ever really watch Ewing play?? His game wasn't thunderous dunks either. It was deft post moves around the basket finished by short jumpers, hooks, and layups. Not thunderous dunks. I am NOT saying that E-city is Pat, but he has similar agility and feel around the basket. You guys display a general lack of basketball intellect thinking Lee or Zach are NBA centers. Neither one plays center for any team in the NBA. They are power forwards.

clumsy

Rotation player
i think we should trade Morris for ZaZA Pachulia and start him at C. Because then at the very least, he might Fight KG everytime we play Boston.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
I say Zach Randolph, because he can rebound, post up, and knock down the jumper. He's also overweight, and that can help him muscle his way down low.

I would put David Lee at power forward, because he can rebound, he has an inside game, and his jump shot has improved. He's not that heavy, so he would probably have trouble posting up centers. I see Lee most effective at the 4. He could easily average 15 and 10, as a starting power forward.

I would put Curry on the inactive list and use Jeffries as a backup center.

This is the starting lineup I would use next year:
PG Marbury SG Crawford* SF Chandler PF Lee C Randolph

*If Fred Jones gets re-signed, I would put him as a starter, because he plays defense.

if theres anyone i hate more then curry its jeffries dude cant make a layup, i rather put jeffries on the inactive list

metrocard

Legend
I will be so glad to see E-city prove you guys wrong this year. Why do you think Duhon was brought in this year? Just to hold "Starbury's" jock. No. Steph has "Team Starbury" to do that. Duhon was brought in to feed the ball to E-city properly and up his production on both ends of the court. METROTARD said it best. Eddy's best asset is his AGILITY. That's rare for a man his size and you can't teach that. I know you want some freakish guy that can run the floor and tear the rim down, but most of those guys are not centers. Did you ever really watch Ewing play?? His game wasn't thunderous dunks either. It was deft post moves around the basket finished by short jumpers, hooks, and layups. Not thunderous dunks. I am NOT saying that E-city is Pat, but he has similar agility and feel around the basket. You guys display a general lack of basketball intellect thinking Lee or Zach are NBA centers. Neither one plays center for any team in the NBA. They are power forwards.

Stop.
Sucking.
Chicago's.
Dick.
Chicago.
Is.
a.
Whack.
Ass.
City.
This.
is.
a
NEW YORK.
Knicks.
forum.
ight, b?
Curry is the worst defensive center in the NBA and the most clueless offensively.
Curry takes TOO LONG to get in position for his offense.

Curry isn't part of this future, especially in D'Antoni's 7 second offense.
It takes Curry 14 seconds to get up the court and 7 seconds to get in position or get open, by that time we'll have a 24 shot violation, if not we'll have the infamous Curry shuffle or Curry with his elephant ass offensive turnover.

Dude is HORRIBLE offensively. He doesn't pass the ball at all and puts himself in difficult positions. Defensively, don't even get me started. And his rebounding? LOL.

Curry's play is as good as your posting.

Keep sucking Chicago's dick.
Crawford
Isiah
Curry
are all TRASH..that need to GTFO out of NYC and go back to Shy Town.

Allen

Benchwarmer

Eddy Curry is, simply put, fat, lazy and stupid. He is our starting center because we have no other options. He is terrible defensively and medicore offensviely. 7 years into his career and he has accomplished nothing. He hasn't improved one facet of his game. The only thing he can prove is that he can stuff down a pie in 5 seconds or win the hot dog eating contest at Coney Island. To think Isiah gave away our future this lazy bum.

E-city...more like Fatass, USA

metrocard

Legend
Allen, the mods and I were the first to declare jihad on the Isiahsexuals...good to see the warriors are still alive beating down the inferiors

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
To add to ABCD's brilliance.
Curry is 6"11
But plays like a 6"2 guard...soft lay ups, no thunderous dunks...isn't aggressive...too gentle.

thats what get me mad about curry, when he goes up when he should be dunking it, he rather go up wit a finger roll, dat shyt doesnt leave no fear on da opposing centers, also when he does go up to dunk it, he doesnt dunk it hard(no homo), he should go up lookin tear that rim down so that opposing shot blockers dont even think about blockin em, but i doubt that'll happen cuz dude stay gettin blocked by PGs, its a damn shame

Paul1355

All Star
thats what get me mad about curry, when he goes up when he should be dunking it, he rather go up wit a finger roll, dat shyt doesnt leave no fear on da opposing centers, also when he does go up to dunk it, he doesnt dunk it hard(no homo), he should go up lookin tear that rim down so that opposing shot blockers dont even think about blockin em, but i doubt that'll happen cuz dude stay gettin blocked by PGs, its a damn shame

if curry ever took advantage of his power, he'd be unstoppable in the paint offensively.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
-_- ugh i dont care how much you guys hate Curry but seriously Randolph over Curry as starting? yo i know Randolph is better and he can give you 20 10 but yo this dude is like a baby in the court and the whole knicks team has to feed him liek there his mom...this dude crys and complains so much when you just miss him in one possession...and when he does get the ball he slows down everythign dosent pass at all and turns it over or scores it >> lol i know thats good but scoring 20 points for yourself aint gonna get you nowhere...this dude has the ability to pass and he has shown it but yet he chooses not 2 and decides just 2 shoot everytme he touches the ball... he really looks like that type of person you have in your team you just want 2 **** up so bad cuz all they do is want the ball and they bitch when they dont get it...like ever had those situations where you playing ball with someone and you dont pass them the ball in one possession because there was a man covering them and you miss the shot or something and then they go all up on your grill about how you should have passed it 2 him -_- like yo this ***** aint nuttin but trouble! lol fresh prince lol but anyways like hell DEFF not fit in Mikes system unless he changes his attitude...now i understand y you would hate curry he slows things down turns it over constantly and makes and effort to rebound and block shots (lol) now Randolph can rebound ALOT better and pg shouldent be gettin rebounds over eddy but have you seen the effort randolph makes on blocking shots or sticking to his man ive seen him d up on big pf names but not on scrubs...god i remember seeing so many times where someone would blow right past Randolph and lay it up and him just waiting not even making a effort to jump just stands there waiting for the ball 2 come down -_- eddy same BUT yo seriously he does make an effort sometimes...and tell me who you would be more surpised with if they dunked...i only saw Randolph dunk ONCE -_- lol and i remember the whole team jumping surprised only time he jumps is to rebound...look if anybody to start on center put Lee not randolph...just trade randolph thne curry then crawford and we should be good

Randolph is a risk which you risk of ruining your whole reputation and being in the news offcourt and gettin 20 10 with a 20-61 record

Curry is a fat ass which you will just probably get 13 points from 5 rebounds 0.3 blocks per game and offcourt should just expect him to be eating not going 2 clubs and making the news

Paul1355

All Star
-_- ugh i dont care how much you guys hate Curry but seriously Randolph over Curry as starting? yo i know Randolph is better and he can give you 20 10 but yo this dude is like a baby in the court and the whole knicks team has to feed him liek there his mom...this dude crys and complains so much when you just miss him in one possession...and when he does get the ball he slows down everythign dosent pass at all and turns it over or scores it >> lol i know thats good but scoring 20 points for yourself aint gonna get you nowhere...this dude has the ability to pass and he has shown it but yet he chooses not 2 and decides just 2 shoot everytme he touches the ball... he really looks like that type of person you have in your team you just want 2 **** up so bad cuz all they do is want the ball and they bitch when they dont get it...like ever had those situations where you playing ball with someone and you dont pass them the ball in one possession because there was a man covering them and you miss the shot or something and then they go all up on your grill about how you should have passed it 2 him -_- like yo this ***** aint nuttin but trouble! lol fresh prince lol but anyways like hell DEFF not fit in Mikes system unless he changes his attitude...now i understand y you would hate curry he slows things down turns it over constantly and makes and effort to rebound and block shots (lol) now Randolph can rebound ALOT better and pg shouldent be gettin rebounds over eddy but have you seen the effort randolph makes on blocking shots or sticking to his man ive seen him d up on big pf names but not on scrubs...god i remember seeing so many times where someone would blow right past Randolph and lay it up and him just waiting not even making a effort to jump just stands there waiting for the ball 2 come down -_- eddy same BUT yo seriously he does make an effort sometimes...and tell me who you would be more surpised with if they dunked...i only saw Randolph dunk ONCE -_- lol and i remember the whole team jumping surprised only time he jumps is to rebound...look if anybody to start on center put Lee not randolph...just trade randolph thne curry then crawford and we should be good

Randolph is a risk which you risk of ruining your whole reputation and being in the news offcourt and gettin 20 10 with a 20-61 record

Curry is a fat ass which you will just probably get 13 points from 5 rebounds 0.3 blocks per game and offcourt should just expect him to be eating not going 2 clubs and making the news

Zach's rebounding and offense is needed, especially if we put him with Lee. Think of the amount of rebounds we'll get, and the amount of second chance buckets. Curry as of right now, needs to prove he can be a starter again.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Zach's rebounding and offense is needed, especially if we put him with Lee. Think of the amount of rebounds we'll get, and the amount of second chance buckets. Curry as of right now, needs to prove he can be a starter again.
yea but think about it we put randolph in there we might as well take out the rest of the team out the court cause Randolph scoring is all were going 2 get and rebounding Lee could handle...Lee happens 2 be in the right spots at the right time all the time when hes in there :D

Paul1355

All Star
yea but think about it we put randolph in there we might as well take out the rest of the team out the court cause Randolph scoring is all were going 2 get and rebounding Lee could handle...Lee happens 2 be in the right spots at the right time all the time when hes in there :D

True about Lee he is always in the right spot for a rebound. But Mike D wont allow Zach to chuck up shots, if he does he'll be moved or benched guranteed.

I think we should start Curry over Randolph if it comes to that this year. First of all, they should never be put together in the same lineup. During his big year Curry was able to establish a presence and score quickly because he was in shape and was committed to the style of play. Last year, with the introduction of Randolph, Curry did not know his role, with his playing time fluctuating with the mind of Isiah. I don't think he should play more than 25 a game, but I think he can be an asset for Antoni as a big center who can score quick buckets down low. I think D'Antoni will be a little more creative with the offensive sets limiting Curry's turnovers and removing the stagnation we saw this past season. Randolph does not fit at all with our new approach because of his below the rim play, his inability to find open men, and his insistence on taking 25 seconds to set up.

metrocard

Legend
Atleast Zach rebounds, has more moves offensively. Zach even played good man to man defense for 10 games in the start of the season. I only seen Curry have one good defensive game, where Bogut dropped over 20 on him, but I credited Curry for 3 blocks which suprised me. Robinson is a better shot blocker than Curry.

Randolph > Curry.

Zach at center would be bad for our team. Bring him off the bench at the 4, but as center he would have a tough time dealing with opposing bigs. Not that Curry doesn't, but he has a little more weight to throw around. I never like Zach from the minute he was traded for and while watching him play this entire system. He puts up numbers, sure, but he does at at such a great cost to the rest of the team. Portland was blessed when he left. Now they are a much more free flowing team with Aldridge as their anchor. We should bring Zach off the bench, force him into passing the ball much more and making quicker decisions, and trade him the 2nd his value is high enough. As hard as it is to say, for our current team

Curry > Randolph