Your 2008-09 Starting PF

PF

• Total voters

Paul1355

All Star
I agree. Lee is an excellent rebounder, and he could score around the basket. He would make a good starting power forward.

I also noticed that you agreed with me on Zach being a Center. This would solve any rebounding problems and rebounding i feel is unnderrated at times. Rebounding gives us second chances for more points and more oppurtunities to score offensively, and take more oppurtunities away from the opposing team. Lee and Zach would dominate the boards..it's better than any other possible front court duo.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
let gallinari start...hes one of the few shooters we have. I can see him playing some minutes at small forward dependin on what team were playin but overall i think power forward is the best spot for him. smh @ the lee stans voting for lee :td:

Paul1355

All Star
let gallinari start...hes one of the few shooters we have. I can see him playing some minutes at small forward dependin on what team were playin but overall i think power forward is the best spot for him. smh @ the lee stans voting for lee :td:

Dude Gallinari isnt strong enough yet to start at PF and you saw one game of him...if anything he should play more minutes at the SF. Lee needs a chance to start and he will dominate the boards, bring energy, and knock down double double figures. Your thinking in the future.

metrocard

Legend
Dude Gallinari isnt strong enough yet to start at PF and you saw one game of him...if anything he should play more minutes at the SF. Lee needs a chance to start and he will dominate the boards, bring energy, and knock down double double figures. Your thinking in the future.

Gallinari's strength is underrated.
He's great at absorbing contact.

You should watch him play more.

Paul1355

All Star
Gallinari's strength is underrated.
He's great at absorbing contact.

You should watch him play more.

He absorbed contact in summer league and got a back injury, even Donnie Walsh said he has to get bigger. To have him actually start at PF in the NBA he has to have some more strength.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

I am thinking in the future but im also thinkin now. Im not sure how many small forwards he can guard. Unfortunatly we only got to see him play once...from what i saw in the summer league game and from youtube videos i have watched i got reason to believe that his lateral quickness might prevent him from being able to defend some small forwards. I dont know this as a fact...we'll have to wait to see. But i believe hes stronger then he looks and he would do a better job for the most part of defendin pf's then he would sf's. I agree that Lee should start but i think he should start at center. This lineup makes the most sense to me:

pg-Stephon "Starbury" Marbury
sg-Q Rich
sf-Chandler
pf-Cock
C-Lee

metrocard

Legend
He absorbed contact in summer league and got a back injury, even Donnie Walsh said he has to get bigger. To have him actually start at PF in the NBA he has to have some more strength.

WTF???
Gallinari is healthy and is going to play in Europe this August.

He plays all year around, summerleague is physical and wreckless.
You didn't even watch the summerleague so you have no idea what you're talking about.

Gallinari has a STRONG frame. Every 19 year old has to get bigger, don't be so simple.

Paul1355

All Star
WTF???
Gallinari is healthy and is going to play in Europe this August.

He plays all year around, summerleague is physical and wreckless.
You didn't even watch the summerleague so you have no idea what you're talking about.

Gallinari has a STRONG frame. Every 19 year old has to get bigger, don't be so simple.

Metro: "You didnt even watch summer league games!"

Answer: Your a fool....Yes i did, and he got hurt. I never said the dude was gonna be injury prone, your delusions are occuring again. Smoke some herb and chill kid. The fukin GM said he has to get bigger, so he has to get bigger. Why would Donnie mention this so much in interviews? Because in order for him to start at PF he HAS to get bigger, even though you think his frame is big enough. And he does play physical, but in a league like the NBA his physical play might hurt him, so to prevent something bad from happening he has to lift the weights and get bigger to play like he did in the Euro league. You understand now?

metrocard

Legend
Don't get mad.

You haven't watch Gallinari much.

He's taken a lot of contact in Europe, he's been playing ball all year, if you know anything about sports; constant activity inflicts a chance of injury.

He's 19.

What 19 year old doesn't have to bulk up?

Are Gasol and Dirk brolic ass dudes?
No.

Gallinari will obviously condition himself and add some bulk, you have to be an idiot to believe otherwise.

Gallinari will suceed at the PF with his ability to take his man off the dribble, his back to the basket moves, and his overall skill and ability on offense; he's the total package.

His rebounding and shot blocking isn't strong; but we could see improvement because he's very coachable.

Euroleague is more physical than the NBA.
Do your research.

If you said Gallinari would of got injured because of the long duration of the NBA season, then you would have a point. But you need a lot of work on making points. (try to read between the lines next times so I won't help you out on your argument)

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
smh @ gallinari gettin hated on for the simple fact that he played in the euroleage....its the ignorant ones who dont recognize how physical it is overseas. Metro has had to say it a million times already but ill say it one more time....euroleage>>>NCAA and the haters ignore Gallinari being overworked for a long period of time. He needed some rest....i bet he coulda played if he wanted too but im not upset about it. I went to the corner store and copped this for the haters....enjoy :thumbsup:

4.gif

Paul1355

All Star
Don't get mad.

You haven't watch Gallinari much.

He's taken a lot of contact in Europe, he's been playing ball all year, if you know anything about sports; constant activity inflicts a chance of injury.

He's 19.

What 19 year old doesn't have to bulk up?

Are Gasol and Dirk brolic ass dudes?
No.

Gallinari will obviously condition himself and add some bulk, you have to be an idiot to believe otherwise.

Gallinari will suceed at the PF with his ability to take his man off the dribble, his back to the basket moves, and his overall skill and ability on offense; he's the total package.

His rebounding and shot blocking isn't strong; but we could see improvement because he's very coachable.

Euroleague is more physical than the NBA.
Do your research.

If you said Gallinari would of got injured because of the long duration of the NBA season, then you would have a point. But you need a lot of work on making points. (try to read between the lines next times so I won't help you out on your argument)

Most people havent seen Gallinari play alot unless you watch Italian basketball all the time. Dude metro, I never said the NBA was more physical i said he's gonna have to obviously get stronger if he thinks he can play physical as a starting PF in the NBA, cuz they are much stronger and bigger just look at guys like Dwight Howard and company. I rate the Euro league better than the NCAA because of it's age and experience difference so I know Gallo will do good, just my opinion that he shouldnt start right away, let him get use to the style of play in the NBA. And when people were saying that Gallo would be injury prone i was against that, I dont think he will be injury prone anytime soon, just think that for his style of basketball more strength is needed, especially if he's gonna start eventually as a PF.

metrocard

Legend
Nah,
You don't have to watch Italian basketball all the time.

You could read through articles from professional scouts and draft experts who summarize his games.

You could also watch some Euroleague games and video clips to get an idea of what he's capable of.

I'm just giving you education here, this isn't really a debate since you have a limited knowledge on Gallinari's game.

Bigger doesn't mean more physical.

Players in the NBA aren't allowed to play that physical as Euroleague.

Gallinari should be given atleast 28 minutes a game, whether its off the bench or starting.

He needs experience as a rookie...don't let his confidence go down like Darko or other Euro scrubs.

Paul1355

All Star
Nah,
You don't have to watch Italian basketball all the time.

You could read through articles from professional scouts and draft experts who summarize his games.

You could also watch some Euroleague games and video clips to get an idea of what he's capable of.

I'm just giving you education here, this isn't really a debate since you have a limited knowledge on Gallinari's game.

Bigger doesn't mean more physical.

Players in the NBA aren't allowed to play that physical as Euroleague.

Gallinari should be given atleast 28 minutes a game, whether its off the bench or starting.

He needs experience as a rookie...don't let his confidence go down like Darko or other Euro scrubs.

Yea but as of right now the forward position is deep. I dont see how he can get 28 minutes a game. I really think Mike D is gonna start him out as a role player being in the roster situation were in.

metrocard

Legend
Randolph and Curry will play their way out of the rotation, where intangible guys like Gallinari and Lee will play their way in.

My ideal 8 man rotation =

Marbury (pick and roll ability)
Richardson (range)
Chandler (help defense, scoring)
Gallinari (range/offense)
Lee (rebounding)

Randolph(rebounding)
Robinson(scoring)
Jefferies(defense)

Its not what I want, but its what we got to deal with for now.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Randolph and Curry will play their way out of the rotation, where intangible guys like Gallinari and Lee will play their way in.

My ideal 8 man rotation =

Marbury (pick and roll ability)
Richardson (range)
Chandler (help defense, scoring)
Gallinari (range/offense)
Lee (rebounding)

Randolph(rebounding)
Robinson(scoring)
Jefferies(defense)

Its not what I want, but its what we got to deal with for now.
exactly what i want...but Richardson playing SG? well he could play it actuallly he does play more like a SG and he could probably over power most SG him with his fat self and he can post people up and he can stay in front of his man...This deff should be the starting line up yo...

i can see this every night from these guys

Marbury (17 ppg 8 apg 1.0 spg)
Richardson ( 13 ppg 6 rpg 40% 3pt =d lol i hope)
Chandler (18 ppg 7 rpg 1.2 blcks)
Gillinari (13 ppg 8 rpg)
Lee ( 15 ppg 11 rpg) he finds hes ways 2 score =d

dam i dont have nowun scoring 20 points o_0 hopefully marbury or chandler =D

dre48ny

Rotation player
Randolph. Gotta start the 20 and 10 guy if they want to move him b4 trade deadline. Has to be showcased.