Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 129

Thread: Balkman to Denver (OFFICIAL)

  1. #91
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Metro, bottom line stats wise Balkman and Jeffries are basically the same player, you can look it up. Balkman had more trade value than Jeffires due to his young age, athleticism, defense, and low contract. Jeffries doesnt impress and neither does Balkman, realize this cuz its making me frustrated over an argument that doesnt matter cuz he plays with Denver now. You know he wouldnt get the minutes you'd give him. Even Mike D said that he doesnt fit in his style and he wouldnt get enough playing time, he said this in an article. Your favorite player wouldnt even play, end of story.

  2. #92
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You need to watch games before you post.

    Balkman is +
    Jefferies is -

    Don't be that ignorant.

    Balkman impresses when he gets PT and is healthy, everyone can agree to this.

    Balman can average a double/double with a fair share of steals/blocks/assist, he's the ideal role player.

    Jefferies fails as a role player because he doesn't do anything good.

  3. #93
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You need to watch games before you post.

    Balkman is +
    Jefferies is -

    Don't be that ignorant.

    Balkman impresses when he gets PT and is healthy, everyone can agree to this.

    Balman can average a double/double with a fair share of steals/blocks/assist, he's the ideal role player.

    Jefferies fails as a role player because he doesn't do anything good.
    double, double in what?....exclude the points cuz he cant score. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...he can get a double double in missed free throws and the amount of times he made me laugh each game. There's your double double on Balkman...come on son he wasnt that good, he had the jumpin ability, energy and some defense skills and thats it. Stop makin him out to be the next T-Mac.

  4. #94
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Who the hell said Balkman is the next T-Mac? You're being mad foolish and ignorant.

    Balkman was our defense.
    He averaged 10 rebounds per 36 minutes, he rebounds at a high rate.
    He averaged a block and couple of steals per 36, he was actually very EFFICIENT.
    Balkman was our best fullcourt player.
    He ignited the offense with his defensive prowess.

    Watch some Knicks games, you really don't know what you're talking about selling Balkman short because you didn't catch him play.

  5. #95
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Toons, you need to learn how to type in English.

    No need for frustration and over use of question marks. (Just because you don't know what to reply back with logically doesn't mean you have to clown and herb out doing this??????. You're a confused fellow, just sit back learn, this is a workshop for you, time to take notes)

    Learn how to type in sentences so people could understand your crazy ignorant ass. English wasn't even my first language, but atleast presentable. You looking worse than Crawford's FG %.

    I wanted you to stop posting.
    If you watched every Knick game, then you obviously have ADD because everything you've said previously in this thread has been wrong.

    Crawford was the primary player of our losing streak.
    He played well when our team lost.
    Balkman stepped up and provided a spark and run off the bench Crawford couldn't provide.


    When you type...like...this...it means...you're lying...and making...up...sit...your mind isn't clear...and you're reaching...for something.

    Spit some facts son.

    Balkman in season one was awesome. Everyone HAD high expectations of him. Unfortunately for Balk, Isiah lowered his role, which made us a worse team.

    But fact is, when we're done by 20, bringing Balk off the bench will cut the lead down. Putting Crawford in the game will bring the lead back up.

    Wild 3pt shots and chucks = fast break opportunities for the opposition.

    And you ADD the fact Crawford can't play a lick of defense for his life.

    If we honestly calculated this, Crawford estimated could be faulted for 50+ points give up each game. He's reckless offensively and invisible on defense. A player who's best asset is losing a game or putting his team in a losing situation.

    Don't come here and get slapped if you're going to bring up Crawford's game winning shots. The reason WHY the game was down to the last second was because of Crawford's errors throughout the game. Games like that we should of won by 10 or more points. Instead Crawford consistantly jeopardizes the games. Plus, he doesn't make most of those shots anyway. He made like what? 3 or 4 game winning shots out of the many he missed?

    You haven't watched any Knick games at all if you never felt Balkman's presence on the court.

    His ability to ignite the fastbreak.
    His ability to enforce perimeter defense and even be brave enough to guard Yao Ming and do a good job on him.
    Anyone who guards guys like Yao Ming and Lebron James is a huge asset, bigger than Crawford's chucks and misses.
    Balkman was an excellent passer on the fastbreak, sometimes he looked like the PG.
    A beast athlete who's dunks electrified the Garden and got the crowd into it.

    Tell me, a Balkman dunk that made thousands in the Garden orgasm or a Crawford turnover or chuck that made everyone in the Garden pull their hair and masturbate with a butter knife?

    Crawford brought more losing and negative to the team.
    Balkamn brought more winning and positive to the team.

    How much more depth? Are you foolish?

    First of all, throw Crawford out the window, he wouldn't be on my team.

    Q-Rich is the 2 guard.
    Chandler is the 3
    Gallinari is the 4

    Honestly, since when the **** did Jefferies qualify over Balkman? Balkman does everything Jefferies does but 10 times better and is younger.

    Balkman is a SF/PF who would contributed for 10-15 minutes better than a guy like JJ.

    Curry, Randolph and Crawford will be moved. You have to be a ****ing moron to think Walsh isn't busting his ass to get rid of these clowns.


    Toons, you sound frustrated.

    Heres homework for you.

    Download Bittorrent > Search Knicks games from the 06-07/07-08 season > Watch the games 20 times to over come your ADD > Give me a 20 page paper on why Crawford jeopardized us and how Balkman ignited us.

    Then report back here asking Akamu to put me in your signature saying "Metrocard is the medicine of the people"
    Firstly, im not writing an essay to be graded, so once its understandable, i dont care, so ur little gramatical corrections and comments dont phase me, im a professional, if i want to write correctly, i will, but im online, and i write how i speak in a social setting....get use to it. Secondly, your crawford criticism is gettin old for a comeback in response to a post that had nothing to do with him. That eliminates ur first 4 paragraphs....now, u want facts? ok.

    Renaldo Balkman #32 Forward

    2007-08 Statistics
    PPG 3.4 RPG 3.30 APG 0.6 EFF + 5.66

    Jamal Crawford #11 Guard
    PPG 20.6 RPG 2.60 APG 5.0 EFF + 16.04

    Not comparing them directly, but look at the effiency rating, crawford is 3 times more efficient than balkman.

    now on to your "balkman igniting the comeback" theory, i will only give referece to the losing streaks because i have more things to do with my time than proving you wrong. Also, u say we crawford plays well when we lose, another biased nut-hugger opinion that i will prove to be false.

    Lets go back in time to our longest losing streak of last season, nov. 11 - 22nd.

    NYK vs Magic, nov 11th

    Balkman
    11 mins, +/- = -7, 0%ft, 0/1 fg, 4 turnovers, 1 steal

    crawford
    37 mins, +/- = -8, 100%ft, 5/15 fg, 6 turnovers, 1 steal

    bad game crawford = loss, balkman has more turovers per 48 mins

    NYK vs Miami

    Balkman
    14 mins, +/- = -9, 0%ft, 1/4 fg, 1 turnover, 0 steals

    Crawford
    39 mins, +/- = -3 , 4/5 ft, 4/14 fg, 3 turnovers, 2 steals

    bad game crawford = knick loss again

    NYK Vs PHX
    Balkman
    23 mins, +/-= -5, 0/2 ft, 1/5 fg, 0 t-o, 0 steals

    Crawford
    40 mins, +/-=-16, 3/4 ft, 8/16fg%, 5 to 2 steals

    Bad game crawford, too many to's , ok offesnive game...knick loss
    no mystery balkman comeback, nothing in 23 mins, same 10 min stats.

    NYK Vs LAC

    Balkman was INJURED

    NYC vs Denver

    Balkman fouls out in 12 mins!!!

    i wont even comment on that, crawford had another bad game

    NYC VS GS

    Balkman, injured reserve

    NYC VS Detroit

    Balkman, injured reserve.

    so ummm, where is this incredible balk that u speak of, the one who ignites the fast break and makes the garden have orgasms when he trows down a thuderous dunk??? come on, balkmans good games were few and far between. lets take a look at our 3 games win streaks, i believe we had a few of those.

    NYC Vs Detroit

    Balkman
    21 mins, +/-= +1, 1/5ft, 3/5 fg, 1 t/o , 3 steals

    Crawford
    31 mins, +/-= +21, 4/4ft, 5/10fg, 1 t/o,

    with balkmans horrific free throw % it dosent make sense having him as a slasher if he cant finish unless its a dunk.

    NYC Vs. Wizards

    Balkman
    18 mins, +/-= +10, 2/3 ft, 3/6 fg, 0 t/o, 0 steals, 0 blk

    Crawford
    41 mins, +/- = +8, 11/19, 6/7 3pts, 1/2 ft, 4 t/o, 2 steals

    argualbly balkmans best statistical game, his season high in boards (8) n 7 pts
    crawford carried this game for us.

    NYC vs. NJN

    Balkman
    1/2 fg, 3 fouls, 1 turnover, 0 blk, 0 steals, 12mins

    Crawford, 42 mins
    11/20, 6/10 3pts, 7/8 ft, 35 pts, 8 asst.

    Now, the reason why i dont list balkmans rebounds is becaus ehe only averages 3 per game. in the games listed, besides his 7 rebound game, he has never reached the 4 rebound mark in any of the games listed.
    I will not list is assists either because his career high in assist is 4...twice, he has never scored more than 5 fg in a game in his life.
    U want facts ? those are the facts. Now back to your clowny ass post,

    No1 ever brought up game winning shots, those are selected by the coach, not the player. u talk about making game winning shots, no1 in nba history can consistantly make a game winning shot, if every1 did, game winning shots wouldnt be exciting if it were the norm. Say something of substance *******.
    Now heres ur assignment, try and prove me wrong, try and prove ur stupid facts, ask urself this question, why isnt MSG backing u up now? Because ur wrong. U are obviously tainted by his 06-07/07-08 summer league play. Ill bet u didnt even watch the game when harris got dunked on. u only watched 40 games....thats what u told me. We play 82 games, go n download sopcast, go to channelsurfing.net, so u can get on my level an watch EVERY knick game. Ask ur team starbury leader, i commented on EVERY game thread, and gave info on what i saw to those that didnt watch the game.....about 5 of us were there posting play by play. You are defending a player who's career averages are
    15% 3pt, (he took 40 of em), shoots a lower free throw percentage than eddy curry, 3 reb/game, 0.8 steals, 0.5 blks, 0.7 to, n 2.6 fouls per game.....one question....

    ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID?
    Last edited by Toons; Jul 31, 2008 at 11:14.

  6. #96
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I am not hating on balkman, im just being real, he was simply a hustle guy...plain n simple, no need to make him to be the next ron artest or bruce bowen or anything. He was an energy guy, i like energy, but i respect talent. Balkman is limited in the talent area. I will stand by my thought, good move on getting a second rounder for balkman donnie. Metrosexual is acting more like a homosexual....all over dudes nuts n ****. Dont even come with the crawford ****, cuz i criticize him as well, as i do every player....he is wreckless at times, he has a below average shot selection, and he needs to attack more...i also understand that he would not attack and put his body on the line for a 23 win team. Nor have i made a "crawford appreciation " thread. I would make a "Toons appreciation"thread first! or a knicks appreciation thread. Punk.
    Last edited by Toons; Jul 31, 2008 at 11:16.

  7. #97
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    Now heres ur assignment, try and prove me wrong, try and prove ur stupid facts, ask urself this question, why isnt MSG backing u up now? Because ur wrong. U are obviously tainted by his 16-07/07-08 summer league play. Ill bet u didnt even watch the game when harris got dunked on. u only watches 40 games....thats what u told me. We play 82 games, go n download sopcase, go to channelsurfing.net, so u can get on my level an watch EVERY knick game. Ask ur team starbury leader, i commented on EVERY game thread, and gave info on what i saw to those that didnt watch the game.....about 5 of us were there posting play by play. You are defending a player who's career averages are
    15% 3pt, (he took 40 of em), shoots a lower free throw percentage than eddy curry, 3 reb/game, 0.8 steals, 0.5 blks, 0.7 to, n 2.6 fouls per game.....one question....

    ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID?
    Damn! Someone got bodied!

  8. #98
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    he bodied himself.
    put balkman on detroit, and he will be a nobody.
    his defense looks good cuz our team plays none

  9. #99
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Who the hell said Balkman is the next T-Mac? You're being mad foolish and ignorant.

    Balkman was our defense.
    He averaged 10 rebounds per 36 minutes, he rebounds at a high rate.
    He averaged a block and couple of steals per 36, he was actually very EFFICIENT.
    Balkman was our best fullcourt player.
    He ignited the offense with his defensive prowess.

    Watch some Knicks games, you really don't know what you're talking about selling Balkman short because you didn't catch him play.
    dude i watched knicks games stop using that in your argument, he was embarissing.

  10. #100
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I see you weren't smart enough to finish your assignment.
    You failed the class.



    You're a F level poster, all you could do is call me "stupid" because I'm not hugging Crawford's nuts and giving reasonable reasons why Balkman did good for this team?

    You're an unemployed Crawfordsexual, you're a professional at cleaning Crawford's ass with baby wipes. Don't try to front on here.



    Look at what you're doing.

    You're comparing Crawford's 40 minutes
    to Balkman's 15 minutes.

    Is that logical at all?
    No.

    You're acting like as if its equal.
    Thats one of the dumbest things I've heard, almost as bad as the stuff on REALGM.

    Do you know any math at all?

    Do you know 15 minutes doesn't equal 40 minutes?
    You're making yourself look bad here.
    The sad part, you based your whole argument on that! LMAO
    You're as one dimensional as your Sex God, Jamal when it comes to posting.

    Crawford played most minutes on the Knicks, he's accountable for why we're so bad offensively and defensively.

    Any Knick fan who watches the games throughly and doesn't focus and zoom in on Crawford's culo during the game will know the following.

    Crawford's overdribbling makes the offense stagnant and makes defense easy for the other team.
    When Crawford overdribbles, the offense becomes slow, he kills the pace and flow of the offense.
    When you add that with a slow minded Eddy Curry, you're going to get a lot of 24 shot clock violations.

    Crawford's inability to play within the offense has hurt us ever since his arrival here.

    It is a fact that Crawford is more comfortable playing freestyle.

    Whats the problem though?

    Crawford isn't that good.
    Crawford isn't Kobe
    Crawford isn't Baron Davis.

    To have Crawford play so much isolation and freestyle one on one will equal to a non efficient offense.

    I mean, who really wants Crawford as their primary guy? He's the worst primary scoring in the NBA. Curry was the worst the year before.

    These are C level palyers, just like Balkman.

    How do I rank my players?

    On terms of production, intangibles, overall talent, ability, and skill on offense and defense, experience, knowledge of the game, and ability to play on both sides of the floor.

    Crawford's PPG isn't bad.
    But when you look at his defense, his FG% and his one dimensional game, he would be rated 75-78 in any video game. Thats really a C.


    Check out the per 36 minute adjusted stats.

    Who would you want?

    Candidate A


    16 ppg
    40% FG
    3 rpg
    1.2 stl
    4.7 apg
    2.5 tpg

    Candidate B

    10 ppg
    50% FG
    9.1 rpg
    1.5 apg
    1.8 stl
    1.5 blk


    I would choose candidate B.

    Reasons
    *ability to do a little of everything.
    *complimentary role player who won't keep the offense stagnant
    *elite defender with almost 2 stl and 2 blk per game...great help defender
    *limited offensively, but still a very solid all around C level player.

    This what we need to understand.

    Crawford and Balkman are C level players.

    The only difference is that Crawford is more one dimensional, where Balkman comes from other dimensions and contributes.

    Sure, we know he can't shoot or score, but you need some one to do other the all other stuff.

    That what makes Balkman special.

    Crawford plays like a 6"2 off guard that belongs on the bench. He's nothing special since theres a tons of combo guards in the NBA and in the free agent market.

    You always need those energic defenders off the bench, especially come playoff time.


    See,

    I think about WIN

    When I envision the future for the Knicks, I envision WINS.

    Thats why I supported the Gallinari pick.

    He's a experienced winner.

    Over Gordon.

    Who plays exactly like Crawford with no handle and has no experience winning.


    Keeping Balkman? WIN.

    Having Crawford clock 40 minutes a game? 23 WINS a season.



    All those stats you posted, throw them in the garbage.

    Why?

    Balkman was injured during that period.

    Isiah didn't have a set rotation.

    Balkman his rookie season averaged a double double per 36 minutes.


    Every Knick fan knows Balkman's ability to ignite the offense with his defense.

    As alway everyone knows Crawford's chucks, misses and turnovers ignites the other teams offense with open fastbreaks.

    These are facts you can only get from watching the game.

    If you can't see that, then you need to rewatch the games over again.

    Cylde constantly breaks down Balkman's DEFENSIVE PROWESS and how the Knicks do better as a fast break team.

    Toons, no offense; but you're pretty whack.
    Swagger jacking off me? Damn, you can't be creative yourself?
    I guess you learn from the best.


    Paul1355, you haven't proved you watch much games at all.
    Last edited by metrocard; Jul 31, 2008 at 22:16.

  11. #101
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    To Metro: final Balkman statement
    i watched enough games to realize Balkman was a joke. Balkman stood out on the court, cuz he made everyone laugh. Blew so many easy shots and then when he was fouled, he made only 43% of them. All the shots he made except one three pointer, was usually within 2 feet of the basket so his 48% fg percentage is pathetic. He's a fan favorite and i listed why many times before i dont want to keep repeating myself. Last time...energy, athleticism and defense...thats it.

    Mike D disagrees with your opinion on Balkman, so stop crying that your boyfriend is gone.

  12. #102
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    48% FG is pathetic?
    Balkman is a joke?
    boyfriend?

    I'll let you be ignorant bro, your freedom.

  13. #103
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    48% FG is pathetic?
    Balkman is a joke?
    boyfriend?

    I'll let you be ignorant bro, your freedom.
    lol no hard feelings, every shot he took was within 2 feet of the basket thats why i pointed that out.

    BTW honest question.....You pissed off that Mike D felt that Balkman wouldnt fit in his style and get any playing time?

  14. #104
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Closer shots are harder to make because you have MEN in your grill. You gonna make lots of shots with Shaq or Zo staring you down?

  15. #105
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Closer shots are harder to make because you have MEN in your grill. You gonna make lots of shots with Shaq or Zo staring you down?
    Balk is 6'8 with great athleticism...Marbury is 6'3 you think he misses alot of close shots? thats what he is best at..attacking the backet wit BIG MEN in his grill. Even Nate attacks the basket against big men sometimes and doesnt miss. Balkman doesnt have that ability, even with his great jumping ability and athleticism. He doesnt have post moves and that makes him look bad when shooting up close...and he airballs ALOT of easy shots, i wouldnt say this all the time if i didnt see it all the time. To give the excuse that closer shots are harder is really weak, since so many guards drive to the basket knowing that the height is at a disadvantage were Balkman is pretty tall and has the jumping ability.

Similar Threads

  1. Artest likely to end up in Denver
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2008, 16:07
  2. Balkman still working hard despite being injured
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Oct 13, 2007, 13:38
  3. Replies: 56
    Last Post: Aug 16, 2007, 14:50
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Oct 02, 2006, 18:26
  5. [Newsday] Balkman Was Stunned, Too
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 06, 2006, 16:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •