Balkman to Denver (OFFICIAL)

metrocard

Legend
balkman's offense wasnt that bad or im i buggin?? cuz what i saw was a player who can rebound the ball and lead the fastbreak with no problem , had a very good handle and a good passer, from what i see defense is not a priorioty cuz balkman was a player who can guard any position(ask yao ming) and plus this was suppose to be a team that runs, well balkman had no problems finishing a fastbreak wit a thunderous dunk, i dont like the deal at all when sac town was askin for balkman for artest

Best post in the thread.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
oH no, is disaster, Nugget now get ring with backman and Camby and Melo Anthony, Knicks is failure

Toons

is the Bo$$
Wow.
Worst post in the thread.
Congrats.

how is it the worst post if its MY personal OPINION??? Phuck off punk, everyone is not gonna agree with u all the time, stop being a bitch. It was a good trade....why i say so?

* We get a draft pick, in a draft where we would have otherwise had no picks because of marbury.

* We get rid of a small foward and a player that would not have gotten much minutes

* We will waive the scubs for nothing, and get down to a 15 man roster

* We shave cap space, no matter how big or small, cap space is good.

* Balkmans offense will not fit Dantoni's system because he cant shoot.

So b4 u go so quickly to go off on the mouth, think b4 u post.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I had Balkmania, but I understand this deal. Balkman was all hustle, no offense. no biggie losing him. Chandler's coming out and Big C*ck's signing made him expendable. We got 2 players who are not bad at all (esp TaureanG, part of a college champ squad), and can be used as trade fodder, and our choice of Clips or Nuggets 2nd round pick... I applaude the deal, Donnie! D'Ant is looking for shooters (Roberson) and ridding team of non-shooters...the end of Balkmania as we know it... could Lee be next? I hopes not! #42 gets better each year.
Walsh/D'Ant are slowly moving pieces, and molding this new Knick squad. Hopefully we'll lose the JJ's, trade Zach Randolph (preferably for a Camby-type center), trade Collins and Rose. Plenty of room for better players. Keep Taurean Green for 3rd team. Give Starbury a chance to play out his contract, he's got more skills than most, who can deny? I can feel the team getting better... what's next Donnie???
GO KNICKS GO NATE GO LEE

my point exactly....metro, stop hugging balkmans nuts...we have wilson chandler
chandler > balkman
gallo > balkman
q rich > balkman

its impossible to pull this off with jefferies and rose because they make a lot of money, we would have to take 1 or 2 salaries and donnie doesnt want any contracts past 2010.....
sometimes metro understands this concept, other times he doesnt.....i dont know why....the salary game is simple

Dirk

Benchwarmer
what rock u been livin under??camby not even in dat team anymore, lol

sorry i am original form Germany my English very bad also not seen NBA since many year as I went to scholl and had no telfision, but huge Knicks fan all times favorite player was Latrwell Spearwell and Alenn Houstons

metrocard

Legend
Toons, stop crying.

* draft pick is good

* having balkman would be good depth, you never know if Chandler or Gallinari get injured

* We could of waived Collins and send Jerome James to retirement for roster space.

* Shaving insignifcant cap space will get us under the cap. Moving Crawford, Randolph, Jefferies and Curry would do that.

* You are ignorant of Balkman's offense. Balkman's best offense is when he's in he fastbreak. He's elite at running the floor and scoring and passing.
Balkman would of been a great fit, he forces a lot of turnovers which leads to fastbreak points. These are facts we can't deny. Balkman was an asset an we lost an asset.

Take the biggest loser in the NBA who's done nothing but brought pussy soft no defense clown basketball to NYC out of your sig, but then again it symbolizes who you are.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
is total discgrace that balkman is gone to Denver Nuget he was great fast player is move down fast court with skills and throw down rock for thunder dunking, by defence he is like Ron Atrest for Indiana Pacer and now we say to nugget here, have Balkman for nothings, we take this 2 bad player and throw them away, is make no sense, don walsh is like isiah thonms is total ruining of the knick, no ring for knick now balkman is gone istead Melo Anthonys celbrating in Denver Nugget when they have champinships

metrocard

Legend
is total discgrace that balkman is gone to Denver Nuget he was great fast player is move down fast court with skills and throw down rock for thunder dunking, by defence he is like Ron Atrest for Indiana Pacer and now we say to nugget here, have Balkman for nothings, we take this 2 bad player and throw them away, is make no sense, don walsh is like isiah thonms is total ruining of the knick, no ring for knick now balkman is gone istead Melo Anthonys celbrating in Denver Nugget when they have champinships

Even my brother from Germany knows the deal.

Good post...welcome to th forum, your English is not bad.
Good luck to Dirk, Kaman and Germany in the Olympics.

KBlack25

Starter
Here's my problem with the trade. It essentially means the team gave up on their first round draft pick from 2 years ago. In essence, that pick from not so long ago becomes what amounts to a waste of time and energy. I never like quitting on my first round picks that quickly, and that's essentially what happened right here. It's just a tough pill for me to swallow in that this pick from not so long ago amounts to a total waste.

On the other hand, Gallinari is supposed to be tough as nails, essentially the way I understand it we got, in Big Cock, a Balkman with offense. Does that make Big Cock a waste of a pick this year? No, I don't think so. Taurean Green isn't bad, though I doubt he will play for us, and a second round pick is essentially useless, except for the fact that we don't have a first rounder next year.

I like Balkman, it just sucks to think that our 1st round pick two years ago we essentially gave up on after a little promise.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
Even my brother from Germany knows the deal.

Good post...welcome to th forum, your English is not bad.
Good luck to Dirk, Kaman and Germany in the Olympics.

thank you thank god someone is understand, thsi team is in ruin, jamal crawfold is like piece of rubber he just run around and sqeek on court like big piece of rubber, Edddy curry is like blind cyclosp big giant who run aroun like turkey not knowing wehre balls is, Jerom james like tanker of oil, stefan mabruys remind me of spoil child only give complain want to be player on team and also be coaach in charge of team, quentins ricardsin shoot ball and is closer to crowd sitting down watching game than is to hoops, nate robinson is little clown that belong in circus with the otehr tricks for people to have the fun watching the trick, zac randolfs his face look klike he needs to take number 2 in toilet all the time or maybe is gonna have heart stop atttack if he run for more than 5 minute on court. oply good knick is david lees he give 100% every times up and down court JUST LIKE BALKMAN WHO IS WIT NOW WITH NUGGET FOR FREE!!! THIS IS WHAT WE NEED FOR KNICK NOT PEOPLES WHO WOULD LIKE MORE BE AT SUNNY BEATCH WITH BEUTIFEL GIRL GETTING TAN

Paul1355

All Star
Ok, Donnie Walsh has not done anything, and for anyone who thinks he has I have to respectfully or disrespectfully (depending on the person) disagree... He drafted a small forward, of which we had an abundent. he picked up another shoot first "point guard" and a career backup in Duhon, so that makes Marbury, Collins, Roberson, Robinson and Duhon, exactly how many point guards does a team need??, he hired a head coach who lacked any semblence of care about defense, the main thing which the Knicks needed the past couple of years. And like a couple of persons have pointed out so far, for a man who wants to get under the cap, trading Balkman isn't gonna do the trick, he could have pulled the trigger on the Randolph trade, hesitated and now we are flucked...

I for one like Isiah, but understood he had to go, but SO FAR, Donnie Walsh hasn't provided a hint of anything that will help the knicks win any more games.

Getting Mike D'Antoni was the first GOOD move, look at the Knicks biggest problems last year....all around offensive problems expecially selfish play, bad defense, and horrible team chemistry. Now Mike D'Antoni is knows to have a great offensive mind so i think many of our offensive problems will be cured eventually, defense wise if u think Isaih was a better defensive coach because of the way he played then ur mistaken... Mike D is more known for his offensive but for a guy as well respected as him should know more than Isiah about defense. And the chemistry part was the biggest issue by far, Mike D is a players coach-Isiah wasnt, Mike D stresses team chemistry-Isiah didnt, Mike D wont be satisfied with his team unless they play together with good team chemistry-Isiah never thought of these things and the seasons prove it. You can see the confidence difference with the players in their interviews..Coach D is respected and they all want to play for him 100% were if Isiah were there they absolutely didnt respect him and wuold not play 100% and that mixes in with confidence...if players dont trust their coach and respect him then that hurts their confidecne to work and plays as a team and become better. I dont know why you would like Isiah, he was proven to be a horrible GM signing Jerome james, Jarred Jeffries, adn eddy curry to big long term deals...Getting a huge contract in Zach, adn Malik Rose was the dummest idea ever. Thats just the GM part now coaching wise never had a winning season and made team chemistry so bad that it hit the media left and right and thought that he could "work" it out wit a guy like Steph. If Coach D and Donnie Walsh were there these deals and confrontations would have never happened. Thus the team wouldnt be as bad as they are now. You know that if Isiah were then that Clippers deal would have been made in a second just like all the other dumb moves Isiah has done..I only gave him credit for getting guys like Lee, Nate, and drafting Chandler was the best thing he did. Donnie Walsh is a better GM then Isiah and Mike D is a better coach than Isiah. And now we have two guys to focus on those two parts than one guy trying to play GM and Coach simultaneously.

Getting Duhon i think will have more purpose for next season due to the fact that Steph would be gone and Nate isnt trusted as a true point guard. But it could still work, yes we have alot of PG's but do we have any SG's to back up Crawford? Not really, one of the forwards or pointguards have to play SG eventually cuz Jamal isnt gonna play 40 minutes a game anymore. He'll probably use Q Rich or Marbury at the 2 leaving minutes for Duhon and Nate to play PG and Roberson will be in their a couple minutes a day to shoot some shots when they need him(the roberson part has been his reported to be his duty so far).

Now the Balkman scenerio is quit simple, we had to many players with 16 and had to get rid of one. Signing Anthony Roberson forced us to give up one guy before the season began and Balkman was that guy. Now you can say "oh give up James or Jeffries", first off now one would want them and if u buy them out your still losing money. And the Zach deal was bullshyt, you dont trade a 20/10 guy for a 2nd round pick, Walsh isnt as dumb as Isiah and he realized that Zach's trade value could go up keeping him for a little while longer. Walsh is most likely going to release the two former nugget players because this deal was for cap space a 2nd round pick. And it was reported that Walsh would make 2 million more after this deal, i dont know how but that was the report on espn radio. Walsh is slowly molding a team to be in the clear financially and a team that would work good together chemistry wise with Mike D. MIke D and Donnie Walsh are the opposites of Isiah Thomas and we cant possibly be worse than when Isiah was there so what are u worried about?

Paul1355

All Star
Toons, stop crying.

* draft pick is good

* having balkman would be good depth, you never know if Chandler or Gallinari get injured

* We could of waived Collins and send Jerome James to retirement for roster space.

* Shaving insignifcant cap space will get us under the cap. Moving Crawford, Randolph, Jefferies and Curry would do that.

* You are ignorant of Balkman's offense. Balkman's best offense is when he's in he fastbreak. He's elite at running the floor and scoring and passing.
Balkman would of been a great fit, he forces a lot of turnovers which leads to fastbreak points. These are facts we can't deny. Balkman was an asset an we lost an asset.

Take the biggest loser in the NBA who's done nothing but brought pussy soft no defense clown basketball to NYC out of your sig, but then again it symbolizes who you are.

Does anybody remember how many easy shots Balkman missed that a 10 year old kid could make?...Yea when he finished his dunks they were crazy but he missed a dunk all the time and it was an embarissment and he'd allways smile and laugh about it; or he'd get fouled and miss all his free throws(horrible free throw shooter)....im glad he's gone its about time.

knickfan2112

Benchwarmer
balkman was a defensive hustle player but sacrifices have to be made for the knicks to move in the right direction. we cleared cap and cut our roster down to 15

Allen

Benchwarmer
I'm so sick about hearing that Randolph is a 20 and 10 guy. That we shouldn't give him away for nothing. Portland couldn't give him away fast enough and they did it for a salary dump as well as getting rid of a cancer player. They didn't see any value in him, why should we. So I don't understand all the whining about trading him away for nothing for the very same reason.

If we are going to get under the cap for 2010 Randolph's contract was one of the essentials to get rid of. Trading Balkman to get cap space is like pouring more sand at the beach. It was too small to make any type of difference.

metrocard

Legend
Does anybody remember how many easy shots Balkman missed that a 10 year old kid could make?...Yea when he finished his dunks they were crazy but he missed a dunk all the time and it was an embarissment and he'd allways smile and laugh about it; or he'd get fouled and miss all his free throws(horrible free throw shooter)....im glad he's gone its about time.

10 year old kids could make shots in the NBA now? You're really lacking some IQ here.

Its about time????? LMAO.

Balkman was one of our best players for a part of the season, whenever we went on a win streak, Balkman was a HUGE part of it.

Yeh, right. According to Paul, even dunk attempted by Balkman was a missed.
You're a dumbass; I'm sorry but I can't be anymore nicer than that.
Its not disagreeing or agreeing with your opinion, I could careless really.
Its just saying stupid things like that to defend a hopeless point.

I'm so sick about hearing that Randolph is a 20 and 10 guy. That we shouldn't give him away for nothing. Portland couldn't give him away fast enough and they did it for a salary dump as well as getting rid of a cancer player. They didn't see any value in him, why should we. So I don't understand all the whining about trading him away for nothing for the very same reason.

If we are going to get under the cap for 2010 Randolph's contract was one of the essentials to get rid of. Trading Balkman to get cap space is like pouring more sand at the beach. It was too small to make any type of difference.

WTF you been bro? This site misses your post.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Balkman & Cap Space

I am somewhat confused about the Balkman transaction. There was a team option for Balkman for his 2008 salary of $1,369,920. If I read the NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement correctly -- which is not a certainty -- options have to be exercised by July 1 of the year in question. The Knicks must have exercised for 2008.

There was also a team option for 2009 and only qualifying offer requirements for 2010. In other words, Balkman could have been taken off the books at any time.

Balkman's release does not give the Knicks any cap space. They are way over cap anyway and as matters now stand will remain over cap until after 2010.

I also understand that the Knicks paid the Nuggets in excess of $500,000 in addition to giving them Balkman. What really confuses me is that Taurean Green is listed as having a team option 2008 salary in the amount of $711,517. This suggests that it will cost the Knicks that amount if they waive him. If you add his $711,517 2008 salary to the $500,000 amount given the Nuggets, you approximate Balkman's 2008 salary.

Perhaps the Knicks will take a look at Green and maybe someone else will be eliminated to get down to a 15 man roster. Otherwise Balkman was traded solely for a 2010 second round pick.

Paul1355

All Star
10 year old kids could make shots in the NBA now? You're really lacking some IQ here.

Its about time????? LMAO.

Balkman was one of our best players for a part of the season, whenever we went on a win streak, Balkman was a HUGE part of it.

Yeh, right. According to Paul, even dunk attempted by Balkman was a missed.
You're a dumbass; I'm sorry but I can't be anymore nicer than that.
Its not disagreeing or agreeing with your opinion, I could careless really.
Its just saying stupid things like that to defend a hopeless point.

WTF you been bro? This site misses your post.

LMAO win streak????, we won 23 games! I guess Balkman was a "huge" part of some rare win streaks LOL...funny shyt Metro. You can't deny the fact that Balkman missed the easiest post shots than any other pro could make, Balkman would airball 2 foot shots with not even a hand in his face, all he had offensively was athleticism. And he dunked alot cuz he cant do anything else offensively, and he still missed so many it made him look like a fool, I remember watching Knicks games with him flying in the air jumping like MJ and then blowing a dunk and then laughing about it while the bench was covering their heads in embarissment. It happened a number of times and you will never convince me otherwise cuz i saw it wit my own eyes. Even Mike D said he didnt fit in his style of play.He's gone and were better off, period.