Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Balkman to Denver (OFFICIAL)

Nyk Logo we just screwed up

Originally Posted by NicksKnicks
    there goes our hustler!

Yeah there goes a hustler, idk what donnie is gonna do with the ******* pg's but we just got another one is Taurean Green. All i gotta say is they'd better keep LEE, he's the only other hustler we have. I've supported walsh in the moves hes made so far, but this one i have to say im not ok with.

Lurker

I don't really like this deal. I think Balkman would have fit well in the new system, and he was getting comfortable with the team itself..It better work out, or Donnies gonna hear it. Besides Lee, Balkman was the fan favorite

Originally Posted by D-Lee42fan
    Yeah there goes a hustler, idk what donnie is gonna do with the ******* pg's but we just got another one is Taurean Green. All i gotta say is they'd better keep LEE, he's the only other hustler we have. I've supported walsh in the moves hes made so far, but this one i have to say im not ok with.
    he's gonna waive the Green and the other guy prob, he basically gave balkman away this was becuase we had 16 players...in the end no one will care about Balkman he wasnt a big part of this team. And its another way lower the ridiculous amount of SF's we had.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Tauren Green and Bobby Jones are NBDL players...very bad value.

Couldn't we get an pass first PG with offensive skills? (Sessions, Barea)???

Terrible deal...but I'm not giving up on Donny yet.

I know Kiyaman is pissed off right now, I hope people here don't forget what Balkman is capable off, he's not only athletic; but he's a play maker. He really contributed a lot to our runs where he was a part of most of the time.

There goes whatever was left of our defense.

Default Off My Breif Sebatical!

As some of you may have read I was supposed to be on a hiatus from the Knicks until opening night, but I accidently saw this trade on the NBA Website while checking for Team USA's next game

Anyhow, from what I can make of it this deal was just to shave some cap, but Balkman was probably the last contract I was worried about.

Not a good move, not a bad move, just a move! Both players acquired get waived certainley, and we get a second round pick in a draft that we for sure have no first rounder. Again, not a good move, not a bad move, just a move! But I suppose laterial movements are an upgrade from Isiah's ever going regressive steps!

KnicksonLIN.com

Donnie Walsh is full of s#!t. He says he wants this team to be under the cap, but he does nothing to get rid of Curry, Crawford, or Jeffries whose contracts run through 2011. He did try to trade Randolph, but he didn't make enough offers. I didn't trust Walsh when he first came here, and I still don't trust him. So, far, he's done a better job than
    Isiah Thomas, but anybody can do better than Thomas. That doesn't impress me.

Originally Posted by New New York
    As some of you may have read I was supposed to be on a hiatus from the Knicks until opening night, but I accidently saw this trade on the NBA Website while checking for Team USA's next game

Anyhow, from what I can make of it this deal was just to shave some cap, but Balkman was probably the last contract I was worried about.

Not a good move, not a bad move, just a move! Both players acquired get waived certainley, and we get a second round pick in a draft that we for sure have no first rounder. Again, not a good move, not a bad move, just a move! But I suppose laterial movements are an upgrade from Isiah's ever going regressive steps!
    So we are gettiing a pick out of this for sure???

Originally Posted by abcd
    Donnie Walsh is full of s#!t. He says he wants this team to be under the cap, but he does nothing to get rid of Curry, Crawford, or Jeffries whose contracts run through 2011. He did try to trade Randolph, but he didn't make enough offers. I didn't trust Walsh when he first came here, and I still don't trust him. So, far, he's done a better job than
    Isiah Thomas, but anybody can do better than Thomas. That doesn't impress me.
    Have patience ABCD, with the season the way it was last year no one wants any of our players for a decent deal in return. The trade value of these guys has to ante up and Mike D's goal is to make them play better than last year and once that happens they will be traded, guranteed.

12th man

Veteran

Balkman had to go. No surprise here. D'antoni can talk defense all he wants, he wants to put 5 guys on the floor at all times who are an offensive threat, and he'll live with their deficiencies on defense, and not the other way around.

He Hustles, he's from Staten Island, but if he does not develop an offensive game he will be out of the league soon.

Hope not.

Default Check out why Balkman was traded

read this old espn news article it shows how signing Anthony Roberson meant that we had to drop one player and that player was Renaldo Balkman.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I doubt giving up Balkman basically for a 2nd round pick is going to break our team. Some of you are over reacting and being dramatic.

The people that are complaining about trying to trade away curry, zach, and crawford are the same ones who acknowledge its pretty hard to trade them in the first place. So how in the world are you going to give Walsh crap about not being able to trade those guys? Stop being a hypocrite.

12th man

^ Balkman was an asset. Losing him is a negative.

the 2nd rd is our choice of denver's or clipper's 2010 2nd rd pick, so it isn't as bad as I thought.

I like balkman. He hustles and plays very hard. He has a good attitude. I also want him to do so well, not because Isiah "picked him way early" or "his ability to find talent" but because he was boo'd so much by us and he didn't deserve it.

At the same time, because we sit here behind the internet or TV screens most of us are not able to see everything else about Balkman that Walsh and D'antoni can see.

At least with a 2nd round pick we can get lucky and find someone with more to their game or even find another balkman.

Would I love to see Jefferies go instead of Balkman? 110% YES. Is it possible? Not very likely. Do we really need Balkman? No, we do not. We can live without balkman. His small contributions to defense will not make us champions.

12th man

Defense wins championships.
    We lost a major asset.