Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Balkman to Denver (OFFICIAL)

balkman was a defensive hustle player but sacrifices have to be made for the knicks to move in the right direction. we cleared cap and cut our roster down to 15

I'm so sick about hearing that Randolph is a 20 and 10 guy. That we shouldn't give him away for nothing. Portland couldn't give him away fast enough and they did it for a salary dump as well as getting rid of a cancer player. They didn't see any value in him, why should we. So I don't understand all the whining about trading him away for nothing for the very same reason.

If we are going to get under the cap for 2010 Randolph's contract was one of the essentials to get rid of. Trading Balkman to get cap space is like pouring more sand at the beach. It was too small to make any type of difference.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Does anybody remember how many easy shots Balkman missed that a 10 year old kid could make?...Yea when he finished his dunks they were crazy but he missed a dunk all the time and it was an embarissment and he'd allways smile and laugh about it; or he'd get fouled and miss all his free throws(horrible free throw shooter)....im glad he's gone its about time.
    10 year old kids could make shots in the NBA now? You're really lacking some IQ here.

Its about time????? LMAO.

Balkman was one of our best players for a part of the season, whenever we went on a win streak, Balkman was a HUGE part of it.

Yeh, right. According to Paul, even dunk attempted by Balkman was a missed.
    You're a dumbass; I'm sorry but I can't be anymore nicer than that.
    Its not disagreeing or agreeing with your opinion, I could careless really.
    Its just saying stupid things like that to defend a hopeless point.

Originally Posted by Allen
    I'm so sick about hearing that Randolph is a 20 and 10 guy. That we shouldn't give him away for nothing. Portland couldn't give him away fast enough and they did it for a salary dump as well as getting rid of a cancer player. They didn't see any value in him, why should we. So I don't understand all the whining about trading him away for nothing for the very same reason.

If we are going to get under the cap for 2010 Randolph's contract was one of the essentials to get rid of. Trading Balkman to get cap space is like pouring more sand at the beach. It was too small to make any type of difference.
    WTF you been bro? This site misses your post.

Superstar

Default Balkman & Cap Space

I am somewhat confused about the Balkman transaction. There was a team option for Balkman for his 2008 salary of $1,369,920. If I read the NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement correctly -- which is not a certainty -- options have to be exercised by July 1 of the year in question. The Knicks must have exercised for 2008.

There was also a team option for 2009 and only qualifying offer requirements for 2010. In other words, Balkman could have been taken off the books at any time.

Balkman's release does not give the Knicks any cap space. They are way over cap anyway and as matters now stand will remain over cap until after 2010.

I also understand that the Knicks paid the Nuggets in excess of $500,000 in addition to giving them Balkman. What really confuses me is that Taurean Green is listed as having a team option 2008 salary in the amount of $711,517. This suggests that it will cost the Knicks that amount if they waive him. If you add his $711,517 2008 salary to the $500,000 amount given the Nuggets, you approximate Balkman's 2008 salary.

Perhaps the Knicks will take a look at Green and maybe someone else will be eliminated to get down to a 15 man roster. Otherwise Balkman was traded solely for a 2010 second round pick.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    10 year old kids could make shots in the NBA now? You're really lacking some IQ here.

Its about time????? LMAO.

Balkman was one of our best players for a part of the season, whenever we went on a win streak, Balkman was a HUGE part of it.

Yeh, right. According to Paul, even dunk attempted by Balkman was a missed.
    You're a dumbass; I'm sorry but I can't be anymore nicer than that.
    Its not disagreeing or agreeing with your opinion, I could careless really.
    Its just saying stupid things like that to defend a hopeless point.

WTF you been bro? This site misses your post.

LMAO win streak????, we won 23 games! I guess Balkman was a "huge" part of some rare win streaks LOL...funny shyt Metro. You can't deny the fact that Balkman missed the easiest post shots than any other pro could make, Balkman would airball 2 foot shots with not even a hand in his face, all he had offensively was athleticism. And he dunked alot cuz he cant do anything else offensively, and he still missed so many it made him look like a fool, I remember watching Knicks games with him flying in the air jumping like MJ and then blowing a dunk and then laughing about it while the bench was covering their heads in embarissment. It happened a number of times and you will never convince me otherwise cuz i saw it wit my own eyes. Even Mike D said he didnt fit in his style of play.He's gone and were better off, period.

Thanks metro, I've been busy with my job and everything. Plus on top that the Knicks haven't been making a lot of noise lately. Besides the occasional headline by walsh, Dantoni and the speculation about Marbury.

12th man

Balkman contributed a lot to those 23 win if you watched the games.

Default Dirkmania

Originally Posted by Dirk
    jamal crawfold is like piece of rubber he just run around and sqeek on court like big piece of rubber,
    Edddy curry is like blind cyclosp big giant who run aroun like turkey not knowing wehre balls is,
    Jerom james like tanker of oil,
    nate robinson is little clown that belong in circus with the otehr tricks for people to have the fun watching the trick,
    zac randolfs his face look klike he needs to take number 2 in toilet all the time or maybe is gonna have heart stop atttack if he run for more than 5 minute on court.
    oply good knick is david lees he give 100% every times up and down court JUST LIKE BALKMAN WHO IS WIT NOW WITH NUGGET FOR FREE!!! THIS IS WHAT WE NEED FOR KNICK NOT PEOPLES WHO WOULD LIKE MORE BE AT SUNNY BEATCH WITH BEUTIFEL GIRL GETTING TAN
    Yo Dirk, classic post, you understand perfectly! you don't need to learn any more english, you rock! you love the knicks, we love you! Get over Balkman, we've got Dirkmania!

Tcheuss!
    CoolClyde

There has to be more to this with Balkman because he's a guy the Knicks could have either used or increased his value to trade in a package with the likes of Curry. Randolph etc.

I loved Balkman as much as anyone but lets not go crazy here he's a 8th man on a good team at this point in his career. I just wish that idiot Isiah developed Balkman more.

Balkman contributed a lot to those 23 win if you watched the games.
    ahhhhhhhhhhh now i want u to go in the archives and tell me his stats in those games, i watched every knick game, win or lose, crawford was the main player in our win streak....we ONLY HAD ONE WIN STREAK this past season.....he contributed barely nothing to them, it was crawford going off, and zach having monster games....that streak was the only time MSG gave crawford props....lmao, if i remember correctly, werent you one of those who complained that isiah never gave balkman time? and that he was playin jeffereis ahead of him?? balkman came in games that we were getting blown out. retard

Toons, stop crying.

* draft pick is good

* having balkman would be good depth, you never know if Chandler or Gallinari get injured

* We could of waived Collins and send Jerome James to retirement for roster space.

* Shaving insignifcant cap space will get us under the cap. Moving Crawford, Randolph, Jefferies and Curry would do that.

* You are ignorant of Balkman's offense. Balkman's best offense is when he's in he fastbreak. He's elite at running the floor and scoring and passing.
    Balkman would of been a great fit, he forces a lot of turnovers which leads to fastbreak points. These are facts we can't deny. Balkman was an asset an we lost an asset.

Take the biggest loser in the NBA who's done nothing but brought ***** soft no defense clown basketball to NYC out of your sig, but then again it symbolizes who you are.
    balkman?? good depth??? how much more deeper do u wanna get at the sf position??
    Why cant u understand that the move had to be made? if chandler or gallo get injured, we have jeffereis, qrich and malik rose.....non of them make less than 6 mil. as a gm, would u rather eat a 6 million contract? or get rid of a 1 million contract and get a draft pick in return? no 1 in the nba will take on our contracts, u said it urself. i agree, we could have waived collins, but we would still have an excess of sf. u talk about moving curry and company....move them where ass??? lets not make half thoughts here.

meee??? ignorant of his offense??? and you only can find 4 youtube videos of the same dunks?? **** outta here....balkman cant make a contested layup, he has no finesse, whoever compared him to the 20 ppg ron artest is retarded, balkman is nowhere close to ron artest....i liked balkman and his hustle, but he committed a lot of stupid fouls....hes not a rookie anymore....mike needs guys who can shoot free throws because i expect us to attack the basket more, and sadly balkman cant even do that. BALKMAN HAS ELITE PASSING???? THE ****K???? What have u bin watching????
    ur post...F+

AND CRAWFORD IS ON MY SIG BCUZ HE IS A KNICK......
    is arroyo a knick??
    and u have him embarrasing US on ur sig...
    not cool
    u got on that guy for the jordan video in da game thread
    and im gettin on u for arroyo,
    get over it
    nut hugger

Originally Posted by Toons
    balkman?? good depth??? how much more deeper do u wanna get at the sf position??
    Why cant u understand that the move had to be made? if chandler or gallo get injured, we have jeffereis, qrich and malik rose.....non of them make less than 6 mil. as a gm, would u rather eat a 6 million contract? or get rid of a 1 million contract and get a draft pick in return? no 1 in the nba will take on our contracts, u said it urself. i agree, we could have waived collins, but we would still have an excess of sf. u talk about moving curry and company....move them where ass??? lets not make half thoughts here.

meee??? ignorant of his offense??? and you only can find 4 youtube videos of the same dunks?? **** outta here....balkman cant make a contested layup, he has no finesse, whoever compared him to the 20 ppg ron artest is retarded, balkman is nowhere close to ron artest....i liked balkman and his hustle, but he committed a lot of stupid fouls....hes not a rookie anymore....mike needs guys who can shoot free throws because i expect us to attack the basket more, and sadly balkman cant even do that. BALKMAN HAS ELITE PASSING???? THE ****K???? What have u bin watching????
    ur post...F+
    haha Balkman=Artest???????? Balkmansexuals are the worst of the bunch. Funny shyt Toons.

does anyone else find it weird that phoenix traded their pick after the knicks picked up balkman and now that d'antoni is our coach we trade him. call me crazy but with the way balkman gets up and down the court i really think he could have shined in a run n gun offense

12th man

Toons, you need to learn how to type in English.

No need for frustration and over use of question marks. (Just because you don't know what to reply back with logically doesn't mean you have to clown and herb out doing this??????. You're a confused fellow, just sit back learn, this is a workshop for you, time to take notes)

Learn how to type in sentences so people could understand your crazy ignorant ass. English wasn't even my first language, but atleast presentable. You looking worse than Crawford's FG %.

I wanted you to stop posting.
    If you watched every Knick game, then you obviously have ADD because everything you've said previously in this thread has been wrong.

Crawford was the primary player of our losing streak.
    He played well when our team lost.
    Balkman stepped up and provided a spark and run off the bench Crawford couldn't provide.

When you type...like...this...it means...you're lying...and making...up...sit...your mind isn't clear...and you're reaching...for something.

Spit some facts son.

Balkman in season one was awesome. Everyone HAD high expectations of him. Unfortunately for Balk, Isiah lowered his role, which made us a worse team.

But fact is, when we're done by 20, bringing Balk off the bench will cut the lead down. Putting Crawford in the game will bring the lead back up.

Wild 3pt shots and chucks = fast break opportunities for the opposition.

And you ADD the fact Crawford can't play a lick of defense for his life.

If we honestly calculated this, Crawford estimated could be faulted for 50+ points give up each game. He's reckless offensively and invisible on defense. A player who's best asset is losing a game or putting his team in a losing situation.

Don't come here and get slapped if you're going to bring up Crawford's game winning shots. The reason WHY the game was down to the last second was because of Crawford's errors throughout the game. Games like that we should of won by 10 or more points. Instead Crawford consistantly jeopardizes the games. Plus, he doesn't make most of those shots anyway. He made like what? 3 or 4 game winning shots out of the many he missed?

You haven't watched any Knick games at all if you never felt Balkman's presence on the court.

His ability to ignite the fastbreak.
    His ability to enforce perimeter defense and even be brave enough to guard Yao Ming and do a good job on him.
    Anyone who guards guys like Yao Ming and Lebron James is a huge asset, bigger than Crawford's chucks and misses.
    Balkman was an excellent passer on the fastbreak, sometimes he looked like the PG.
    A beast athlete who's dunks electrified the Garden and got the crowd into it.

Tell me, a Balkman dunk that made thousands in the Garden orgasm or a Crawford turnover or chuck that made everyone in the Garden pull their hair and masturbate with a butter knife?

Crawford brought more losing and negative to the team.
    Balkamn brought more winning and positive to the team.

How much more depth? Are you foolish?

First of all, throw Crawford out the window, he wouldn't be on my team.

Q-Rich is the 2 guard.
    Chandler is the 3
    Gallinari is the 4

Honestly, since when the **** did Jefferies qualify over Balkman? Balkman does everything Jefferies does but 10 times better and is younger.

Balkman is a SF/PF who would contributed for 10-15 minutes better than a guy like JJ.

Curry, Randolph and Crawford will be moved. You have to be a ****ing moron to think Walsh isn't busting his ass to get rid of these clowns.

Toons, you sound frustrated.

Heres homework for you.

Download Bittorrent > Search Knicks games from the 06-07/07-08 season > Watch the games 20 times to over come your ADD > Give me a 20 page paper on why Crawford jeopardized us and how Balkman ignited us.

Then report back here asking Akamu to put me in your signature saying "Metrocard is the medicine of the people"