Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Really Donnie is Brilliant!

Default No Really Donnie is Brilliant!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Clippers clearly raped The Nuggets in their deal, and they tried to get us even worse!

They not only wanted Zach for a second rounder, they wanted a first rounder from us, and wanted us to take a 3 million dollar contract in return!

Here is the deal:
    Zach and a first Round pick

for

Brevin Knight and a second rounder

Look just peep my many post about getting Zach off the books and you'll see I am all for moving him, but I honestly think Isiah Thomas is the only GM in the league who would have made this deal!

Donnie showed the type of poise and patience Isiah never once showed! Isiah showed very little fore sight in any deal or signing hence our current team and cap situation.

Does this mean Donnie is GM of the year, no, it just means we really do not have another idiot calling shots for us!

we still owe utah a first rounder????
    damn, steph was really not worth the money
    we gave marbury over 100 million and first round picks for nothing

i wouldnt call him brilliant for turning that down.....he just isnt an idiot. my little brother would reject that deal in a heartbeat, and he's 7

Originally Posted by Toons
    i wouldnt call him brilliant for turning that down.....he just isnt an idiot. my little brother would reject that deal in a heartbeat, and he's 7
    I agree, but it was a response to Kiya's sarcastic Thread "Walsh is Brilliant" where one of his points was how Walsh goofed on this trade, which was an opinion I had shared until I realized what The Clippers were asking for.

Yeah we owe Utah a pick this year which they'll opt out of and take the unprotected pick next year. Which means we better be a playoff team the year after next to avoid giving up a lottery pick and still we'd lose a ealy first rounder even if we made the playoffs.

Originally Posted by New New York
    I agree, but it was a response to Kiya's sarcastic Thread "Walsh is Brilliant" where one of his points was how Walsh goofed on this trade,
    oh, i c.....but maybe donny has his eye on a bigger picture, and he isnt tanking and cutting salaries for 2010, he is simultaneously making the team better so that we dont give up a lottery pick to utah

Veteran

Originally Posted by New New York
    I agree, but it was a response to Kiya's sarcastic Thread "Walsh is Brilliant" where one of his points was how Walsh goofed on this trade, which was an opinion I had shared until I realized what The Clippers were asking for.

Yeah we owe Utah a pick this year which they'll opt out of and take the unprotected pick next year. Which means we better be a playoff team the year after next to avoid giving up a lottery pick and still we'd lose a ealy first rounder even if we made the playoffs.
    The rumor you heard was from a Knick Fan, listen to the Clippers interveiw for the Camby trade where Clippers stated the same exact trade was given to the Knicks first but they declined. Probably because Idoit Walsh thought that Zach Randolph value was as high as college player Eric Gordon.

Here is something else Walsh goofed on.
    Drafting a 2 to 3 year project 6.8 Gallinari when the Knicks have a decent NBA Ready 6.8 Chandler on the bench waiting for playingtime.
    The Knicks just signed two guards to two year contracts (Duhorn & Roberson), when it would have been best for the Knicks to just draft Eric Gordon, or Bayless, or DJ Augustin with the 6th pick for a future guard rather than sign a couple of 3rd tier guards.

MSG Network can't be happy that Gallinari won't play the rest of the way. Not sure many viewers will want to watch an entire game to view their new guy, I definitely was impressed with Gallinari's ball movement, court awareness, his handle and his shot. But I am worried about durability and defense. I heard from one European scout today who told me he's not surprised Gallinari's done after just one game with a back injury. Said he got hurt a lot in Italy.

But I am worried about durability and defense. I heard from one European scout today who told me he's not surprised Gallinari's done after just one game with a back injury. Said he got hurt a lot in Italy.

<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

Veteran

we still owe utah a first rounder????
    damn, steph was really not worth the money
    we gave marbury over 100 million and first round picks for nothing
    Wait until a year or two and you will be saying we should have kept Channing Frye. And we should have used our 6th pick on 10 other players that were selected after the 6th pick.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Wait until a year or two and you will be saying we should have kept Channing Frye. And we should have used our 6th pick on 10 other players that were selected after the 6th pick.
    with oden and aldridge taking most of the minutes in the front court, i doubt ill be saying anything about frye, except that he would be a good role player...someone who plays in his ability....he still is soft inside, cant rebound, cant block a shot to save his life, he still cant hit a jumper with defense, he still cant create his own shot (post or midrange), he doesnt have a spin move.......frye wont even b as good as ronny turiaf.

as much as i like gallo's shot and his game, u are totally right, i dont agree with drafting a small forward.....unless we have plans on getting rid of some1....chandler is playing with the intensity of a starter....chandler is an nba ready small forward who is athletic and can bang...he also is developing his shooting touch.....but i cant judge the don, he obviously is not finished with his plans....and i wont be able to fully assess himuntil trade deadline.

There seems to be this speculation that Galo is going to be a PF. I don't see it. But the common notion is that Mike Dantoni will often play players out of their natural positions to create mismatches on Offense. But when we took him I was kinda wondering the same thing. Not to mention Q, Jefferies, and Balkman, but they always say draft for talent not need

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

The rumor you heard was from a Knick Fan, listen to the Clippers interveiw for the Camby trade where Clippers stated the same exact trade was given to the Knicks first but they declined. Probably because Idoit Walsh thought that Zach Randolph value was as high as college player Eric Gordon.

Drafting a 2 to 3 year project 6.8 Gallinari when the Knicks have a decent NBA Ready 6.8 Chandler on the bench waiting for playingtime.
    The Knicks just signed two guards to two year contracts (Duhorn & Roberson), when it would have been best for the Knicks to just draft Eric Gordon, or Bayless, or DJ Augustin with the 6th pick for a future guard rather than sign a couple of 3rd tier guards.

MSG Network can't be happy that Gallinari won't play the rest of the way. Not sure many viewers will want to watch an entire game to view their new guy, I definitely was impressed with Gallinari's ball movement, court awareness, his handle and his shot. But I am worried about durability and defense. I heard from one European scout today who told me he's not surprised Gallinari's done after just one game with a back injury. Said he got hurt a lot in Italy.

But I am worried about durability and defense. I heard from one European scout today who told me he's not surprised Gallinari's done after just one game with a back injury. Said he got hurt a lot in Italy.

Gallinari is 6"10 and will be playing PF.

i heard that gallinari went over a year where he played basketball/worked out almost every single day....sounds like he needs a rest.

youd be surprised how many people in this forum wanted this deal to go down thinking it would benefit us...they overlooked everything adn as i said rushing something like that is foolish.

No what I stated earlier was the real proposal

The reason The Clips wouldnt say that is because they probably did not want Knight to know he was on the trading block. Again Donnie knows that he needs to shave contracts, but is still not doing anything drastic, and if nothing else that is at least one thing he is doing better than Isiah.

I honestly get the feeling that we will go into camp with this lineup and probably start making deals once the season begins. The thing is in terms of moving Zach we need to see what happens with Josh Smith and Okafor. If they stay put with their teams, maybe G-State contacts us for Zach, or maybe even the Cavs

Veteran

O.K., so many good responses. I do have to slow down on wanting some quick movement of players and coaching staff.
    I should be Patient (with the idiot" calling).

It's just that a few Knick players "Marbury, Crawford, Q.Rich, Zach, Jefferies, and Curry,", have to show some "team" dedication by working out with teammates and coaches over the summer. These same players have not showed any team-chemistry with any of their teammates in the last 3 to 4 years in the league.
    To find a team to trade these players to in regular season will not be easy when the team is looking for a player to come in and mix it up well with new teammates.

It bothers me that Lee and Zach has been the only players mentioned in a trade on a 23 win season team so far. And when you look at the majority of last season lottery teams they already made some huge changes to the roster.
    We all know that our Knick roster needed some mad trades done on draft night, the offseason, the end of Preseason, the 2nd or 3rd month of regular season, and the trading deadline to become a decent team for the 2009-10 season.
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Jul 20, 2008 at 13:44.

O.K., so many good responses. I do have to slow down on wanting some quick movement of players and coaching staff.
    I should be Patient (with the idiot" calling).

It's just that a few Knick players "Marbury, Crawford, Q.Rich, Zach, Jefferies, and Curry,", have to show some "team" dedication by working out with teammates and coaches over the summer. These same players have not showed any team-chemistry with any of their teammates in the last 3 to 4 years in the league.
    To find a team to trade these players to in regular season will not be easy when the team is looking for a player to come in and mix it up well with new teammates.

It bothers me that Lee and Zach has been the only players mentioned in a trade on a 23 win season team so far. And when you look at the majority of last season lottery teams they already made some huge changes to the roster.
    We all know that our Knick roster needed some mad trades done on draft night, the offseason, the end of Preseason, the 2nd or 3rd month of regular season, and the trading deadline to become a decent team for the 2009-10 season.

I agree totaly! After only 23 wins we need to be offering everything we have to either get under the cap or to make our team a solid team for years to come. I imagine right now Wilson is the new "untouchable" but to me for the right price he can be had along with each and every last player on the roster!