Official Balkman Appreciation Thread

Paul1355

All Star
Qestion about videos

yo metro how do u just put a video in a post instead of having to put the link all the time???

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm not a fan of the trade at all. Walsh should have tried to package Balkman with Curry, before he traded him. The Nuggets got robbed in the Camby trade, so Walsh should have tried to rob the Nuggets with this trade, too. It should've been Balkman and Curry for Terean Green and Bobby Jones. Balkman doesn't even make much money. We basically traded Balkman for nothing. 2 million dollars in capspace doesn't do s#!t. Especially when you trade one of your few valuable players.

To everyone's surprise, Terean Green is a point guard, and Bobby Jones is a small forward. I'm shocked(sarcasm).

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
damn wtf, balkman for absolutely nothing?!??!?!?!what kinda bullshyt is dat, didnt Sacramento like em?!??!?!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Well this does put us back at 15 players on the roster, meaning the iminent waive of current players (read Steph) seems unlikely. Now ofcourse even if we only had three players on the roster I would still move Jerome James! But this to me deads the notion of a certain waive coming before camp

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
damn wtf, balkman for absolutely nothing?!??!?!?!what kinda bullshyt is dat, didnt Sacramento like em?!??!?!
lmao, that's our new GM. Most of the moves that he's done so far have sucked. Signing Duhon for all that money was stupid, and trading Balkman for D League players was also stupid. Drafting Gallinari is yet to be determined as a poor move, but the Knicks didn't need a small forward. Signing Anthony Roberson is also yet to be determined, because he's never had consistent playing time in the NBA. I would have liked the trade, if Balkman was packaged with Curry, or at least Jeffries, but this trade is just bulls#!t.

Akamu

The King
Let us never forget the fight this man brought to the team and the fire the burned inside him....Let us stop for a moment in silence...........

Alright now, for the million dollar question, what is going to happen to his whip?

New New York

Quiet Storm
lmao, that's our new GM. Most of the moves that he's done so far have sucked. Signing Duhon for all that money was stupid, and trading Balkman for D League players was also stupid. Drafting Gallinari is yet to be determined as a poor move, but the Knicks didn't need a small forward. Signing Anthony Roberson is also yet to be determined, because he's never had consistent playing time in the NBA. I would have liked the trade, if Balkman was packaged with Curry, or at least Jeffries, but this trade is just bulls#!t.

You have to remember Balkman didnt have that high of value outside our team. He meant a lot to us because we have no defenders, but, really he is just another hustle player to most teams, so we are thinking we would have gotten much more for him. Now put yourself in another teams shoes, what would you really offer for Balkman? or would you take a package consisting of Balkman and Jefferies without dumping some major garbage on the Knicks in return. This move was simply to create room on the roster while shaving a million off the cap. Plus how much time do we thing Balkman would have gotten, you said it yourself that we have too many SFs anyways, so now we have one less.

I don't love or hate this move, honestly I think it will not make a difference in terms of wins and losses next season. Did Denver get the better of this deal...ofcourse it was intended to be a one sided deal as far as talent. And you have to imagine that after watching Balkman in the gym, in Summer League practices, and on film, Mike Dantoni did not think he would fit in his system.

Now had this deal been for D Lee I would've flipped! But I say all in all it was as fair as NBA trades can be, both teams got what they wanted out of it.

Trin_Starr

Starter
yo metro how do u just put a video in a post instead of having to put the link all the time???

use the (youtube) (/youtube) tags - replacing () with [] and in between them put the value of the youtube link
For example
...youtube.com/watch?v=rXO7F3ZUg2c
rXO7F3ZUg2c would go between the tags

Kiyaman

Legend
You have to remember Balkman didnt have that high of value outside our team. He meant a lot to us because we have no defenders, but, really he is just another hustle player to most teams, so we are thinking we would have gotten much more for him. Now put yourself in another teams shoes, what would you really offer for Balkman? or would you take a package consisting of Balkman and Jefferies without dumping some major garbage on the Knicks in return. This move was simply to create room on the roster while shaving a million off the cap. Plus how much time do we thing Balkman would have gotten, you said it yourself that we have too many SFs anyways, so now we have one less.

I don't love or hate this move, honestly I think it will not make a difference in terms of wins and losses next season. Did Denver get the better of this deal...ofcourse it was intended to be a one sided deal as far as talent. And you have to imagine that after watching Balkman in the gym, in Summer League practices, and on film, Mike Dantoni did not think he would fit in his system.

Now had this deal been for D Lee I would've flipped! But I say all in all it was as fair as NBA trades can be, both teams got what they wanted out of it.

If Walsh & D'Antoni would have selected the right draft pick,
and stop trying to trade the players that are tradeable on this team
and get down to bussiness in trading players like
Zach, Q.Rich, Marbury, Jefferies, Crawford, Malik, and Jerome James,
then a player with Balkman depth off the bench would help win alot of games defending SG, SF, and 6.9 PF.

The two best SF the Knicks had for next season was "Balkman & Chandler".
Q.Richardson is done,
Jefferies is not better than Balkman or Chandler at anything,
and Gallinari is a Kid....... that is liable for injury his first 2 years in the NBA.

My opinion, they cut Balkman for pulling out of the Knicks summer league Games.
That's just my opinion.
If I was Balkman agent I would have told him to deny the summer league games the moment they selected Gallinari in the draft.

Larry Brown did not know what to do with Barnes and Ariza.
And now D'Antoni dont know what to do with Balkman.
BULLSHIT!
These are the type of players that does the things consistently to make their team winners.

Toons

is the Bo$$
now that i thought about it, im back to reality....balkman didnt win much games for us, yeah, his hustle was undeniable....but he cant score...we complain about too many sf....now one is gone....its bittersweet, but it was nescessary....honestly, i cant see him playin for dantoni....chandler, q.rich and gallo will rotate the 3 spot.....but in memory of balkman as a knick....all the dope smokers, light a spliff, the times were good.....

New New York

Quiet Storm
I think again this move wont prove to be devestating to us

I still have to say though that Balkman will always be a player I check for in the years to come! I imagine when he returns to MSG for now on he will get applauded like the hard working players of the past!

BEST OF LUCK IN THE MILE HIGH BALK!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
co-sign new new york

i appreciate balkmans constant hustle even through some of the worst times of this franchise and wish him nothin but good luck in denver

yeah he was a cool guy I just really hope he works on a jumper or somethin bc as he is right now, unfortunatly his nba career is most likely going to end soon.

metrocard

Legend
241376a.jpg

Starks

Starter
I guess the reason why I gave him a hard time was that I was always resentful he got picked so high in the draft when there were so many other options.

It also got under my skin to see him jump off the bench a dance like a clown anytime the Knicks made a play when they were down by like 23 in the 4th quarter.

If I was a coach I would have found those antics bush league, foolish, and embarrassing.

He did have energy though, the most since the Junkyard dog who I really miss