Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Richard Dawkins says Creation is a possibility

Veteran

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    haha knicks4lyfe you hit it man. good stuff.... the moral argument is a big one conerning evolution. The evolutionist can say what they want...good point brother we may disagree on many views concerning the Bible, but we definetly agree on this one. BTW i gotta respond to our last argument, it's gettin good.
    I don't know why scientists do that, but they do. They often put this front up as if they cannot be wrong when a subject is debatable. It's like they say well you're just a barber, and I have degrees.

No one will argue with a scientists that the world is round. Why? because we have all seen that the globe is indeed spherical. But, when pointed to the fact that the bible had this fact in it's pages for centuries, these guys say... A merchant looked at the shadows of a pole and saw this or that. Why? Because they don't wanna have to say that someone with accurate knowledge of this had to tell Job.

When faced with prophecy they say, it was written after the fact. Then they usually go off on a tangent conerning how religion has ruined the world (in which they are right in some ways) But that does not mean that the bible is not God's word. They never take into account that it could be the imperfect people NOT LIVING UP TO GOD'S WORD.

But usually at the end of the day, it boils down to them wanting to live care free and do whatever they feel is good for them in life, without the consequences of worrying if God actually sees them.

I'd rather hear that then to be told I am stupid if I don't believe I come from my monkey ancestors like ambithecus africanus, when the Fossil record can't accurately say this happened.

Im stupid for believing these guys are crazy dating things back millions of years when the machinery is said by some to only be able to go back to only about 2k bce accurately.

It's almost like they just can't be wrong. Because that would mean there is a God, not martians.

Veteran

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And a guy who was an advisor to the Nixon administration. One of the most dishonest administrations in American history. Liars...all of them.

If they need to lie to prove their belief, doesn't that make their belief false?

But Lj, you posted what you thought was accurate rendering of bible prophecy, and you were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY wrong. Are you a liar? Or did you just misunderstand?

And now that what you believe has been corrected, if you still believe what you want, are you doing the worse form of lying, which is lying to yourself?

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    I don't know why scientists do that, but they do. They often put this front up as if they cannot be wrong when a subject is debatable. It's like they say well you're just a barber, and I have degrees.

No one will argue with a scientists that the world is round. Why? because we have all seen that the globe is indeed spherical. But, when pointed to the fact that the bible had this fact in it's pages for centuries, these guys say... A merchant looked at the shadows of a pole and saw this or that. Why? Because they don't wanna have to say that someone with accurate knowledge of this had to tell Job.

When faced with prophecy they say, it was written after the fact. Then they usually go off on a tangent conerning how religion has ruined the world (in which they are right in some ways) But that does not mean that the bible is not God's word. They never take into account that it could be the imperfect people NOT LIVING UP TO GOD'S WORD.

But usually at the end of the day, it boils down to them wanting to live care free and do whatever they feel is good for them in life, without the consequences of worrying if God actually sees them.

I'd rather hear that then to be told I am stupid if I don't believe I come from my monkey ancestors like ambithecus africanus, when the Fossil record can't accurately say this happened.

Im stupid for believing these guys are crazy dating things back millions of years when the machinery is said by some to only be able to go back to only about 2k bce accurately.

It's almost like they just can't be wrong. Because that would mean there is a God, not martians.
    you summed up the classic Atheist.

We knew the earth was round for a long time. The Ancient Greeks frequently had noted that the earth was indeed spherical.

However, they were wrong as you are when saying the earth is a sphere. It is not a sphere. The earth is an oblate spheroid.

An oblate [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] having a polar axis shorter than the diameter of the equatorial circle whose plane bisects it[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. An [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (US) or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (Canada, UK and Europe) is an approximate example of an oblate spheroid.