Hawks Sign Randolph Morris

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
The Atlanta Hawks have signed free agent center Randolph Morris to a contract, it was announced today by General Manager Rick Sund. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed. The AJC reported that it would be a two-year deal.

?Randolph?s signing gives us additional size and depth along the frontline, with Al Horford and Zaza Pachulia,? said Sund. ?He has the opportunity to grow as a player and we look forward to assisting with his future development as an NBA player.?

Kiyaman

Legend
Via Atlanta Journal Constitution

Randolph Morris won't go far from home for the next stop on his NBA journey.
The former Landmark Christian star has agreed to a two-year contract with the Hawks, according to two people familiar with the situation.

Morris, a 6-foot-11, 270-pound center/power forward, has agreed to the NBA minimum salary, which is about $1.7 million for the two years.

The formal announcement of his signing, as well as that of veteran free agent swingman Maurice Evans, is expected as early as today. Morris spent two days in the Hawks' rookie and free agent minicamp two weeks ago working out with, and against, former No. 1 draft pick Kwame Brown, who agreed to contract terms with Detroit. Morris did not accompany the Hawks to Salt Lake City for the Rocky Mountain Revue summer league, but he apparently made enough of an impression for the team to offer him a contract.
Morris played his first two seasons in the NBA with the New York Knicks, having logged limited minutes as a reserve. He's played in just 23 NBA games, starting twice last season, averaging 2.6 points, 2.0 rebounds and 9.8 minutes in his career.

Two Years!
The Hawks now have two young shotblockers on the team now.
Could their backcourt of "Bibby & Joe" work with that for a 500 season?

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow! we just lost two young potential defensive-players this offseason in "Randolph Morris & Renaldo Balkman" that only needed an offense/defensive minded Headcoach and some unselfish scoring players for these two players to show their worth as winning role-players in this league.
Both players came into the league as "NBA Ready Players" which after 2 to 3 seasons under a systematic coach would be an important part of a teams rotation.

Losing these two players make me really question coach Mike D'Antoni decision making because Balkman & Morris performance would have fit well in a rotation with "Nash, Matrix, and Amare".
However, losing these two type of players should have been expected when D'Antoni gave the o.k. to trade Kurt Thomas out of Phoenix.

Will the Knicks traded young players (Ariza, Frye, Balkman, and Morris) flourish in the NBA on the next team in the 2008-9 and 2009-10 season? their talents are not in scoring 20 points a game, it's in WINNING the Game...

Red

TYPE-A
Mother F*ckers worried about loosing Balkman and Morris...this is pathetic! I guess years of losing and underachieving has conditioned some of you to accepting these pathetic, minimally talented, rejects as possible pieces to a winning franchise. Ridiculas

Paul1355

All Star
Mother F*ckers worried about loosing Balkman and Morris...this is pathetic! I guess years of losing and underachieving has conditioned some of you to accepting these pathetic, minimally talented, rejects as possible pieces to a winning franchise. Ridiculas

HAHAHAHAH best post in a while.:thumbsup:

Kiyaman

Legend

It's guys like you that never notice the first 2 or 3 years of players Ricky Fox, Horry, Rodman, Grant, BJ Brown, Bowen, and Ben Wallace, untill they are Starters in the Finals. Because all guys like you see is Players that scores.

I always liked betting my money against Fans like you and oponents like you, when my team have two strong rebounders that grab rebounds from you, and keep blocking your shot or keep making you change your shot to miss.
The best part of these two players is they dont look to score but look to compliment their teammates in scoring by blocking you and your teammates out of the scoring lane.

I doubt if you know the biggest problems with alot of NBA big scorers today...

GetRealistic

Starter
Randolph Morris wasn't even a good rebounder dude. Did you watch anything other then summer league? He looked lost out there in real games.

metrocard

Legend
Kiyaman is a genius.

But I have to agree with GetReal's crazy ass.

Morris was TERRIBLE at everything.
His motor movement was robotic, he was slow and lethargic with the intensity of an Eddy Curry.

I rather have Peter John Ramos who's basically a 7"3 dumbass who can shoot from 18 feet and annoy the hell out of you on defense, but atleast he fouls dudes and break backs.

Morris and Curry are mad SOFT.

Red

TYPE-A
It's guys like you that never notice the first 2 or 3 years of players Ricky Fox, Horry, Rodman, Grant, BJ Brown, Bowen, and Ben Wallace, untill they are Starters in the Finals. Because all guys like you see is Players that scores.

I always liked betting my money against Fans like you and oponents like you, when my team have two strong rebounders that grab rebounds from you, and keep blocking your shot or keep making you change your shot to miss.
The best part of these two players is they dont look to score but look to compliment their teammates in scoring by blocking you and your teammates out of the scoring lane.

I doubt if you know the biggest problems with alot of NBA big scorers today...
Its guy's like me who know you're refering to "ROLE PLAYERS" who were on teams with "ALL STARS" and didn't have to do sh*t but the minimum or maybe the dirty work! Every good team has their share of role players the problem is the KNICKS are NOT a good team and therefore why the f*ck am I gonna be worried about losing these two rejects when I don't have any one to consistently play Off and Def on a night in night basis. My team is worth millions, my payrole is worth millions over the cap, I haven't produced a legit all star in a while and I should lose sleep because we lost two of the worst players on our roster and in the league...yeah that makes sense----- :smokin:Ridiculas....maybe your a member of the Dolan or Thomas family?
By the way your opinion is cool about Morris or Balkman I have no problem with that...but IMO they're garbage and we have to agree to disagree

jzero29

Rotation player
Randolph Morris

I liked him, would have liked to see him stay here and get a chance to play. Instead of Curry and Jerome james. Not really able to judge his Talent level in limited time.
That being said, it's not a real big loss right now. It has potential to be. It also has potential to be a good no resigning.