Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40

Thread: Artest already wearing out his welcome

  1. #1
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Artest already wearing out his welcome

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    So Yao says:

    "Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands,"

    And Ron Ron fires back with:

    "I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto,"
    That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture


    Ron Ron then says:

    "I guess once Yao Ming approves [the deal], I'll be a Houston Rocket," Artest said, according to the report. "[Yao] probably should've called me first. But at the same time, it's Yao Ming's team."

    "Whatever Yao Ming wants me to do, I'll be there. Whatever Tracy McGrady tells me to do, that's how it's going to go down. Ultimately, whatever [Rockets] coach Rick Adelman tells me to do is exactly what I'm going to do."


    And that my friends is EXACTLY why I never wanted him here. Not 1 minute of playing time and the lockeroom is already divided, maybe even by culture.

    Chinese vs Blacks
    International guys vs. ghetto guys.
    ghetto guys vs. Blacks
    Tmac in the middle
    Adelman in the middle

    Beign ghetto is nothing to celebrate. It's about being educated, upstanding, and proffessional.

    If Ron wasn't a basketball player, I'm certain his "ghetto-ness" wouldn;t take him to far in life.

    Sooner or later, we all learn to grow up and act like adults. Me being from the Bronx, I find it heartbreaking when people i grew up with never make anything out of their life just because they can't even figure out how to dress and talk.

    Then they get mad at me for having my own apt, car, serious job, and having "classy" girls around me. I take this stff personal becuase i had too many friendships cut off because of dudes acting like 10 year olds when they are in their 20s and should be out of their mom's house. Thanks Ron, you set a great example

    Thank god this headache isn't here. The media would make Stephon seem like Barak Obama compared to this retarted freak

  2. #2
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    This is hilarious, why would Yao even make that comment???? Artest has moved on from that incident for a couple years now. I hate when people don't allow others to turn the page in their lives. Obviously Ron's major concern was coming to the team to help them win as much as possible, but Yao has to focus on the negative. It's now up to T-Mac to diffuse the situation before the media turns this into a soap opera.

    Gee thanks Yao!

    P.S. - This post should be in the NBA section.

  3. #3
    Veteran Trin_Starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    1,093
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Yao just scared Ron Ron might beat his brittle @ss.

  4. #4
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    So Yao says:

    "Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands,"

    And Ron Ron fires back with:

    "I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto,"
    That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture


    Ron Ron then says:

    "I guess once Yao Ming approves [the deal], I'll be a Houston Rocket," Artest said, according to the report. "[Yao] probably should've called me first. But at the same time, it's Yao Ming's team."

    "Whatever Yao Ming wants me to do, I'll be there. Whatever Tracy McGrady tells me to do, that's how it's going to go down. Ultimately, whatever [Rockets] coach Rick Adelman tells me to do is exactly what I'm going to do."


    And that my friends is EXACTLY why I never wanted him here. Not 1 minute of playing time and the lockeroom is already divided, maybe even by culture.

    Chinese vs Blacks
    International guys vs. ghetto guys.
    ghetto guys vs. Blacks
    Tmac in the middle
    Adelman in the middle

    Beign ghetto is nothing to celebrate. It's about being educated, upstanding, and proffessional.

    If Ron wasn't a basketball player, I'm certain his "ghetto-ness" wouldn;t take him to far in life.

    Sooner or later, we all learn to grow up and act like adults. Me being from the Bronx, I find it heartbreaking when people i grew up with never make anything out of their life just because they can't even figure out how to dress and talk.

    Then they get mad at me for having my own apt, car, serious job, and having "classy" girls around me. I take this stff personal becuase i had too many friendships cut off because of dudes acting like 10 year olds when they are in their 20s and should be out of their mom's house. Thanks Ron, you set a great example

    Thank god this headache isn't here. The media would make Stephon seem like Barak Obama compared to this retarted freak
    Cosign. Culture wise we have been glamorizing being 'ghetto' when its really a negative attribute.

  5. #5
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I cant completely agree with you starks....what yao ming said was stupid and ignorant.

  6. #6
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    i'd take Artest and his loud mouth over most players....he's to valuable.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Its wasn't stupid and it wasn't ignorant.

    Yao was sending a message to Artest letting him know that he is under the microscope. Yao also didn't say anything that was not correct. Artest has been a problem and he still is a problem. Matter of fact Artest just confirmed what Yao was afraid of by his comments.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,171
    Rep Power
    20

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by jeckomaru
    Its wasn't stupid and it wasn't ignorant.

    Yao was sending a message to Artest letting him know that he is under the microscope. Yao also didn't say anything that was not correct. Artest has been a problem and he still is a problem. Matter of fact Artest just confirmed what Yao was afraid of by his comments.

    It was stupid and most of all ignorant.
    Plus out of place for an international Chinese Player to say to the Press about something that happen 4 years ago.
    There is no justification or apologies that can be made about Yao personal feelings towards Artest.

    The Rockets did three times better last season without Yao on the team.
    Players like Scola, Battier, Mutombo, and Hayes stepped up their effort in the frontcourt, while Alston, Jackson, Wells, and T-Mac picked up the speed in their transition game without Yao half-court game slowing things down.
    I beleive the Rockets went on a 17 game winning streak without Yao.
    Would it been apropriate for Ron Artest to bring that up to the press?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    It was stupid and most of all ignorant.
    Plus out of place for an international Chinese Player to say to the Press about something that happen 4 years ago.
    There is no justification or apologies that can be made about Yao personal feelings towards Artest.

    The Rockets did three times better last season without Yao on the team.
    Players like Scola, Battier, Mutombo, and Hayes stepped up their effort in the frontcourt, while Alston, Jackson, Wells, and T-Mac picked up the speed in their transition game without Yao half-court game slowing things down.
    I beleive the Rockets went on a 17 game winning streak without Yao.
    Would it been apropriate for Ron Artest to bring that up to the press?
    What do you mean it is out of place for an international player to talk about what happened 4 years ago? So are you saying if T-mac talked about it, it would be ok? International players aren't allowed to talk about past embarrassing basketball events?

    And why does Yao have to apologize how he feels about Artest? Artest isn't even a rocket yet. He obviously is leary about him and he has every reason to feel that way.

    And so what if Artest brought up the rockets performance without Yao. Yao didn't talk about Artest's skill or talent. He talked about his attitude. I rather Artest bring that up then what he said.

  10. #10
    Member GTKnicksFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    brooklyn NY
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    it might not be the best professionalism but he's real thats why i like him and he got tons of heart maybe not tons of thinking but has great heart ... players like him just don't come along very often ones like Iverson, Artest Barkley (not really but he speaks his mind )

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I'd like to bring an upper middle class white guy's perspective to this.

    There is nothing wrong with being proud of who you are, where you came from etc... I came from a lower middle class blue collar family that barely made ends meet. I wore hand me down clothes, rarely went on vacation, always had a broken down car etc.... I'm proud of that. Now I'm fairly well off and I'm proud of that.

    However, in the end there is a level of professionalism, a kind of behavior, set of values etc... that is ultimately appropriate. I always remain true to myself, but I adjust a bit at the edges depending on whether I am in a room full of bankers or a room full of pool hustlers. If you don't learn, mature, adjust, etc.... you hurt yourself as well as those around you. Guys like Artest (and others who shall remain nameless) never grew up, matured, and learned how to behave.
    Last edited by knicklover; Jul 31, 2008 at 22:44.

  12. #12
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by jeckomaru
    Its wasn't stupid and it wasn't ignorant.

    Yao was sending a message to Artest letting him know that he is under the microscope. Yao also didn't say anything that was not correct. Artest has been a problem and he still is a problem. Matter of fact Artest just confirmed what Yao was afraid of by his comments.


    Originally Posted by jeckomaru
    What do you mean it is out of place for an international player to talk about what happened 4 years ago? So are you saying if T-mac talked about it, it would be ok? International players aren't allowed to talk about past embarrassing basketball events?

    And why does Yao have to apologize how he feels about Artest? Artest isn't even a rocket yet. He obviously is leary about him and he has every reason to feel that way.

    And so what if Artest brought up the rockets performance without Yao. Yao didn't talk about Artest's skill or talent. He talked about his attitude. I rather Artest bring that up then what he said.
    It dont matter if its Tmac or Yao...that happened 4 ****in years ago so let it go son. That was a very ignorant thing for yao ming to say...he needs to keep his mouth shut. Anyone who agrees with what yao ming said is a victim of the medias propoganda.....weak minded motha****as.

    Originally Posted by knicklover
    I'd like to bring a upper middle class white guy's perspective to this.

    There is nothing wrong with being proud of who you are, where you came from etc... I came from a lower middle class blue collar family that barely made ends meet. I wore hand me down clothes, rarely went on vacation, always had a broken down car etc.... I'm proud of that. Now I'm fairly well off and I'm proud of that.

    However, in the end there is a level of professionalism, a kind of behavior, set of values etc... that is ultimately appropriate. I always remain true to myself, but I adjust a bit at the edges depending on whether I am in a room full of bankers or a room full of pool hustlers. If you don't learn, mature, adjust, etc.... you hurt yourself as well as those around you. Guys like Artest (and other who shall remain nameless) never grew up, matured, and learned how to behave.

  13. #13
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    First of all, Yao is immature for bringing up the incident that Ron is trying to move from.

    Second of all, Ron always been RAW and says how he feels.
    **** being politically correct.

    Regardless if you like him or not, Ron Artest makes his teams better.

    Kings would be the worst team in the NBA without Artest, he almost made them a .500 team in the West with Beno Udrith at PG and Mikkin f'n Moore at center.


    Artest will take Rockets to level they never been before. T'Mac and Yao just need to stay healthy.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    First of all, Yao is immature for bringing up the incident that Ron is trying to move from.

    Second of all, Ron always been RAW and says how he feels.
    **** being politically correct.

    Regardless if you like him or not, Ron Artest makes his teams better.

    Kings would be the worst team in the NBA without Artest, he almost made them a .500 team in the West with Beno Udrith at PG and Mikkin f'n Moore at center.


    Artest will take Rockets to level they never been before. T'Mac and Yao just need to stay healthy.
    Yao probably shouldn't have brought up the past publicly, but at the same time his concern is probably justified. He probably would have been better off offering an olive branch and trying to get off on the right foot, but Artest's response probably has Houston's management wanting to call for a do over already.

  15. #15
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    First of all, Yao is immature for bringing up the incident that Ron is trying to move from.

    Second of all, Ron always been RAW and says how he feels.
    **** being politically correct.

    Regardless if you like him or not, Ron Artest makes his teams better.

    Kings would be the worst team in the NBA without Artest, he almost made them a .500 team in the West with Beno Udrith at PG and Mikkin f'n Moore at center.


    Artest will take Rockets to level they never been before. T'Mac and Yao just need to stay healthy.
    Artest is a rare player...he's as good at defense as he is on offense and he averages 20 a game. The Rockets will own with TMAC, Artest and Yao. Actually rating that vs the Lakers 3...Kobe, Odom and Gasol...put Artest on Kobe and you got a good shot at winning.

Similar Threads

  1. NYPOST: Artest Still Has Eye On Knicks
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Dec 19, 2007, 18:19
  2. Stop playing isiah and get Artest.
    By nazrmohamed in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Nov 09, 2007, 08:33
  3. Replies: 56
    Last Post: Aug 16, 2007, 14:50
  4. Artest Wants To Retire With Kings
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Jul 18, 2007, 01:29
  5. ron artest
    By a knick fan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 23, 2005, 10:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •