1) Nobody went after Mark McGuire because of race. Marion Jones was disgraced because of race. “Others” accused of steroids were not “railroaded” because of this issue.
2)The media and MLB were responsible for Bonds’ steroid use by turning a blind eye.
3) Bonds' alleged abuse of steroids was only an attempt to "level the playing field (Mark) McGwire allegedly desecrated with his own unethical practices.
Two wrongs make a right?
4) During the McGwire/Sosa home run race, Bonds allegedly said, "They're just letting (McGwire) do it because he's a white boy. They'll never let (Sosa) win." Smith briefly chastises these comments, before writing, "But what, pray tell, was Bonds actually wrong about? The fact remains . . . a large segment of the black population feels exactly the same way Bonds does"
5) Smith continues with a tired argument that "many black folks" think Bonds is only the victim of a "witch hunt" because he is on the verge of eclipsing Babe Ruth's #2 spot on the all-time home run list. Smith writes, "I'm black, and I'm no different."
6) "In Bonds' eyes, McGwire started this mess, not just because he cheated, but because he was celebrated for it."
Another preschool because they did it first excuse.
Plenty more where those came from....
I don't think Yao was out of line with his comments. I think Yao was just saying what everyone else in the Rockets organization was thinking. Isn't that keeping it real?
Somethings that people do are infamous. The incident regarding Artest muching a fan in the stands happened years ago, but like it or not that day will go down in history and Artest will forever be tied to it. But that's not what disturbs me. What disturbs me is that ghetto is what Artest identifies has his 'culture', as if this is a good thing. Look, I live in a decent middle class area in Raleigh NC, but I was born in Newark NJ and lived in East Orange for the first 10 years of my life. I whet back and E.O. looks like Baghdad. There aint nothing fun about the ghetto. People are poverty stricken and in many cases uneducated. Doing stupid **** and making an ass of your self isn't a culture. But maybe I'm being too hard on Ronny. Maybe I don't know what exactly he meant by 'ghetto is my culture' but it doesn't sound good. It sounds foolish and trust that certain people that are amused by men of color saying stupid **** are laughing their asses off right now.
Let's but this in perspective. Artest is definitely a top 10 small forward in the league. Just like Marbury is a top 10 PG in the league, but that's not the issue. You've got to weigh out talent verses off the court and chemistry issues. Hopefully Ronny will play well and complement Tracy and Yao's game. But my advise to him and Marbury is focus on helping your teams win and shut the #$%@ up!
Ron is a top 3 SF.
His actions off the court aren't really a factor except the incident in Detroit whic wasn't really his fault.
Ron Artest's play takes his team to the next level. Indiana was a weak team when they traded Ron. They were a 60 win team with him.
Artest's defense makes him more valuable then most SF's. Plus the guy can score 20 a game...he's a risk many should be willing to take...good move by the Rockets as long as him and TMAC can pass to eachother and not throw it up like Iverson and Carmelo, then they can be a contender.
No one forced Wallace to over react to a regular.
Wallace ignited the whole situation.
If he didn't, the game would of been over and ended in peace.
You should re-watch the brawl.
Artest was actually the dude who didn't try to trigger anything, while guys like S-Jax, Wallace and others were triggering, as long as the savage fans of Detroit.
Who the **** disrespects athletes like that and expect nothing to happen to them?
When you got dudes wearing championship NBA belts shyt is bound to go down....
Wallace is mad gangsta, when Detroit won the NBA championship he said "ring? a ring? **** outta here I want a championship belt!" LOL!
A. Ron track record shows his distractions does not get in the way of having the team compete at a high level...If anything he makes teams much better.
B. Ron's reaction, would be a pretty normal human reaction, if he wasn't being paid millions no one would make a big deal. If you are at a bar and someone throws a drink at you, you know what you are most likely doing.
C. he's only guilty of making stupid business decisions. This repping the "hood" is just his latest one.
If you loko at the fight, the most atrocioius thing was stephen jackson clocking the dude that wasn't even looking at him....tho that does make me laugh when i watch it.