Clyde's quote of the day

Trin_Starr

Starter
http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/summer2008qafrazier.html

NYKnicks.com: It seems like all the players on the Knicks roster right now are excited to play this brand of ball. Do you think they?ll be able to adapt and succeed in it?

Frazier: Yeah. I really think so. But teamwork is the key. That?s essential --- and continuity. You can?t be stopping the ball with (Eddy) Curry, you can?t be stopping with Zach (Randolph) or Jamal (Crawford). They don?t have Steve Nash on this team, so it?s going to be imperative that as a team they keep dishing. They haven?t been committed to that in the past, but they?re going to have to. It?s a change. They?re not used to playing that way, and it?s not going to be instantaneous. It?s something the coach is going to have to stress and stress, and if they don?t do it, get them out until they do it.

Clyde knows who the black holes are on this team...lol

Dirk

Benchwarmer
Walt farzier was #1 best pont gaurd of Knick with long arm of all times they should try give to him contarct now wil be beter than Steffon Maburay let Stefon do the talk in the mikerofone he is beter at doin the talking than play the basketbal

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
co-sign trin starr

clyde has called out crawford, z-bo, and curry a couple times. He seems to like marbury more then the 3 of them...which is why the starbarians always have sumthin to say when marbury gets called out. He should be the last one gettin called out and clyde agrees.

Paul1355

All Star
co-sign trin starr

clyde has called out crawford, z-bo, and curry a couple times. He seems to like marbury more then the 3 of them...which is why the starbarians always have sumthin to say when marbury gets called out. He should be the last one gettin called out and clyde agrees.

Clyde also raved about Chandler before most people thought he was even decent. He can spot talent and knows the game better than most people. He should be more involved with the Knicks, maybe one day becoming an assistant coach or something, he knows his stuff.

TunerAddict

Starter
I had a dream last night about the first game of the season and Eddy got the ball down low and jacked up a shot the bounced around and in.

Pretty much demonstrating the black hole-ness of his game.

Thanks for backing up my dreams, Clyde!

Kiyaman

Legend
http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/summer2008qafrazier.html

Clyde knows who the black holes are on this team...lol

Clyde put it all out in the open. Curry, Zach, and Crawford dont perform to any of coach D'Antoni expectations.

Clyde said, "They haven?t been committed to that in the past, but they?re going to have to. It?s a change. They?re not used to playing that way, and it?s not going to be instantaneous. It?s something the coach is going to have to stress and stress, and if they don?t do it, get them out until they do it.".

So why are all three players still on the Knicks?
Or better yet why hire coach D'Antoni in the first place if it will take a season or two to get these players off the Knicks.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I agree. All 3 of those guys need to pass the ball. Jamal Crawford averaged 17.3 field goal attempts per game and 6.175 3 point attempts per game, last season. Zach Randolph attempted 15.3 shots per game. Eddy Curry averaged .5 assists and 2.14 turnovers, last season. That's a horrible assist to turnover ratio.

Paul1355

All Star
Clyde put it all out in the open. Curry, Zach, and Crawford dont perform to any of coach D'Antoni expectations.

Clyde said, "They haven?t been committed to that in the past, but they?re going to have to. It?s a change. They?re not used to playing that way, and it?s not going to be instantaneous. It?s something the coach is going to have to stress and stress, and if they don?t do it, get them out until they do it.".

So why are all three players still on the Knicks?
Or better yet why hire coach D'Antoni in the first place if it will take a season or two to get these players off the Knicks.

Cuz D'Antoni stresses team chemistry which is one of the main reasons why we were horrible the past couple years. And hes a players-coach which isiah wasnt. Those are two reasons for it, there are more but i dont want to get into it...all of these 3 players wont be together for long...atleast one of them, most likely Zach, is gonna get moved.

CoolClyde

CoolClyde Agrees

Yo Trinstarr, thanks for the quote/link! That's why Clyde is the Best Knick Ever. He sees what's wrong with the current team, he knows what needs to be done. Calling out the ball hogs on the team in a classy way, diggin Starbury's talent. From his broadcasting, you know how Clyde digs David Lee and Nate. He's constantly stressing how defense and moving your feet to guard opponents is key, how important it is to move the ball. The Clydequotes about the stagnation trio (Curry, Z-bo, Crawfish) ring true. Although I think he sees a lot of The Pearl in Craw and considers him a star about to come into his own. Maybe he will under D'ant. Any game where the Knicks won last season, the team played solid D and moved the ball around... dishing and swishing.

Clyde is definitely into Duhon as potential to be the Knick point guard of the future, he's impressed by Chandler, and he's willing to give the Big Italian Cock a chance to shine. The fact that Clyde is pumped about the new season, new team, and new regime, is an indicator of good times ahead. He should definitely be a defensive coach, but then I wouldn't get to hear his cool commentary... stay in broadcasting buddy!

CoolClyde

metrocard

Legend
Clyde is the primary reason why I watched the Knicks games at the end of season.

I wish I could sit down and watch a game with him...I wouldn't mind dressing like him when I get older, he got swagger.

Great thread.

Clyde is 100% right again.

Crawford, Curry and Randolph are losing players.

Losing players = losing team.

Paul1355

All Star
Clyde has style

Clyde does have swagger and style, who else can look cool with the suits he wears?

Walt_frazier.jpg

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Eddie and Zach are Eddie and Zach, but Crawford shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence with them. Everyone's so hard on Crawford but he's a good second or third scoring option on a good team. For as long as I can remember the Knicks have been paying top dollar to second class players and fans expect them to be on a Kobe or Tmac level but it never happens.

Crawford is solid. Teams like Cleavland would love to have Jamal. There he would be a good second option. Hopefully Chandler is ready to put the team on his back because that's what it will take to win.

GetRealistic

Starter
Anybody read Clydes book? "The Game within the Game." He pretty much rips a ton of players in the NBA including Stephon Marbury. He has a couple page thing about how players dont want to be the second option and he goes after Steph for forcing his way out of Minnesota. He rips Crawford and Marbury a good amount. I haven't read it in a year or two but i remember one perticular part about how Marbury wanted Larry Brown as the head coach but refused to buy into the system.

Overall its a good book at times. Towards the end he says that if he played in the league today he could see himself averaging a triple double.

metrocard

Legend
Eddie and Zach are Eddie and Zach, but Crawford shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence with them. Everyone's so hard on Crawford but he's a good second or third scoring option on a good team. For as long as I can remember the Knicks have been paying top dollar to second class players and fans expect them to be on a Kobe or Tmac level but it never happens.

Crawford is solid. Teams like Cleavland would love to have Jamal. There he would be a good second option. Hopefully Chandler is ready to put the team on his back because that's what it will take to win.

Cleavland isn't a city.

Cleveland made it to the finals without Jamal, they don't need a headache in Cleveland where Lebron is the man. Could imagine Lebron choking the shit out of Jamal with all the stupid shots he takes?

Crawford isn't even a worthy 2nd or 3rd option, more like 4th and 5th. He's way too one dimensional and predictable to be a successful 2nd option and have your team be victorious consistantly.

If Crawford is your 2nd or 3rd option, then normally thats a very weak team.
Crawford is a weak weapon.

Look at the 2nd options in the Finals, KG and Gasol.

Are you dumb enough to think you could go to war with Crawford as your 2nd option and be victorious?

Please.

Kiyaman

Legend
Anyone recall Frank Williams. Well the samething was happening to Crawford when no team showed an interest in offering him an offersheet when he was a free agent.
Isiah was the only idiot that wanted head-case Crawford who still has problem in his decision making in B-ball. He dont play any defense and he dont know how to use his cross-over to be effective, plus he is scared to drive to the hoop.

Duhorn game reminds me of Frank Williams performance with the Knicks.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
The problem with Crawford is that he has been a primary scoring option on the Knicks because they are so bad. It's certainly possible that if he was surrounded with some high percentage scorers he would still make bad decisions, but I think his FG% would rise if less of a scoring burden was put on him.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Cleavland isn't a city.

Cleveland made it to the finals without Jamal, they don't need a headache in Cleveland where Lebron is the man. Could imagine Lebron choking the shit out of Jamal with all the stupid shots he takes?

Crawford isn't even a worthy 2nd or 3rd option, more like 4th and 5th. He's way too one dimensional and predictable to be a successful 2nd option and have your team be victorious consistantly.

If Crawford is your 2nd or 3rd option, then normally thats a very weak team.
Crawford is a weak weapon.

Look at the 2nd options in the Finals, KG and Gasol.

Are you dumb enough to think you could go to war with Crawford as your 2nd option and be victorious?

Please.

Says the man that believes Marbury is the answer for the Knicks.

Crawford's faults aren't anything that cant be resolved if in a good system. The only criticism that you or any one else have brought up regarding Crawford is poor shot selection. I'm saying Crawford wouldn't even have the opportunity to force shots if he wasn't the focal point of the offense and had a better teammate (not Marbury) to work with. If he's as useless as you would have us believe, why is his trade value up and other teams inquiring about him?

There are probably about 24 other teams in the league that don't have second scoring options as good as Garnett. The fact that we're speaking of Garnett as a second option is hilarious in its self. I doubt that Garnett was brought in to be a second option, it just so happened that Peirce had a great season offensively. What can I say, some times the sun shines on a dog's ass.