View Poll Results: PF

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Randolph

    4 23.53%
  • Lee

    9 52.94%
  • Gallinari

    4 23.53%
  • Jefferies

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Your 2008-09 Starting PF

  1. #1
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Your 2008-09 Starting PF

    Randolph
    Lee
    Gallinari
    Jefferies

  2. #2
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    if u make zach a center then Lee at PF

  3. #3
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    if u make zach a center then Lee at PF
    I agree. Lee is an excellent rebounder, and he could score around the basket. He would make a good starting power forward.

  4. #4
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    I agree. Lee is an excellent rebounder, and he could score around the basket. He would make a good starting power forward.
    I also noticed that you agreed with me on Zach being a Center. This would solve any rebounding problems and rebounding i feel is unnderrated at times. Rebounding gives us second chances for more points and more oppurtunities to score offensively, and take more oppurtunities away from the opposing team. Lee and Zach would dominate the boards..it's better than any other possible front court duo.

  5. #5
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    let gallinari start...hes one of the few shooters we have. I can see him playing some minutes at small forward dependin on what team were playin but overall i think power forward is the best spot for him. smh @ the lee stans voting for lee

  6. #6
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    let gallinari start...hes one of the few shooters we have. I can see him playing some minutes at small forward dependin on what team were playin but overall i think power forward is the best spot for him. smh @ the lee stans voting for lee
    Dude Gallinari isnt strong enough yet to start at PF and you saw one game of him...if anything he should play more minutes at the SF. Lee needs a chance to start and he will dominate the boards, bring energy, and knock down double double figures. Your thinking in the future.

  7. #7
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Dude Gallinari isnt strong enough yet to start at PF and you saw one game of him...if anything he should play more minutes at the SF. Lee needs a chance to start and he will dominate the boards, bring energy, and knock down double double figures. Your thinking in the future.
    Gallinari's strength is underrated.
    He's great at absorbing contact.

    You should watch him play more.

  8. #8
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Gallinari's strength is underrated.
    He's great at absorbing contact.

    You should watch him play more.
    He absorbed contact in summer league and got a back injury, even Donnie Walsh said he has to get bigger. To have him actually start at PF in the NBA he has to have some more strength.

  9. #9
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I like the idea of Lee at PF, and Zach at Center. With Gallanari off the bench

  10. #10
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Dude Gallinari isnt strong enough yet to start at PF and you saw one game of him...if anything he should play more minutes at the SF. Lee needs a chance to start and he will dominate the boards, bring energy, and knock down double double figures. Your thinking in the future.
    I am thinking in the future but im also thinkin now. Im not sure how many small forwards he can guard. Unfortunatly we only got to see him play once...from what i saw in the summer league game and from youtube videos i have watched i got reason to believe that his lateral quickness might prevent him from being able to defend some small forwards. I dont know this as a fact...we'll have to wait to see. But i believe hes stronger then he looks and he would do a better job for the most part of defendin pf's then he would sf's. I agree that Lee should start but i think he should start at center. This lineup makes the most sense to me:

    pg-Stephon "Starbury" Marbury
    sg-Q Rich
    sf-Chandler
    pf-****
    C-Lee

  11. #11
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    He absorbed contact in summer league and got a back injury, even Donnie Walsh said he has to get bigger. To have him actually start at PF in the NBA he has to have some more strength.
    WTF???
    Gallinari is healthy and is going to play in Europe this August.

    He plays all year around, summerleague is physical and wreckless.
    You didn't even watch the summerleague so you have no idea what you're talking about.

    Gallinari has a STRONG frame. Every 19 year old has to get bigger, don't be so simple.

  12. #12
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    WTF???
    Gallinari is healthy and is going to play in Europe this August.

    He plays all year around, summerleague is physical and wreckless.
    You didn't even watch the summerleague so you have no idea what you're talking about.

    Gallinari has a STRONG frame. Every 19 year old has to get bigger, don't be so simple.
    Metro: "You didnt even watch summer league games!"

    Answer: Your a fool....Yes i did, and he got hurt. I never said the dude was gonna be injury prone, your delusions are occuring again. Smoke some herb and chill kid. The fukin GM said he has to get bigger, so he has to get bigger. Why would Donnie mention this so much in interviews? Because in order for him to start at PF he HAS to get bigger, even though you think his frame is big enough. And he does play physical, but in a league like the NBA his physical play might hurt him, so to prevent something bad from happening he has to lift the weights and get bigger to play like he did in the Euro league. You understand now?

  13. #13
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Don't get mad.

    You haven't watch Gallinari much.

    He's taken a lot of contact in Europe, he's been playing ball all year, if you know anything about sports; constant activity inflicts a chance of injury.

    He's 19.

    What 19 year old doesn't have to bulk up?

    Are Gasol and Dirk brolic ass dudes?
    No.

    Gallinari will obviously condition himself and add some bulk, you have to be an idiot to believe otherwise.

    Gallinari will suceed at the PF with his ability to take his man off the dribble, his back to the basket moves, and his overall skill and ability on offense; he's the total package.

    His rebounding and shot blocking isn't strong; but we could see improvement because he's very coachable.

    Euroleague is more physical than the NBA.
    Do your research.

    If you said Gallinari would of got injured because of the long duration of the NBA season, then you would have a point. But you need a lot of work on making points. (try to read between the lines next times so I won't help you out on your argument)

  14. #14
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    smh @ gallinari gettin hated on for the simple fact that he played in the euroleage....its the ignorant ones who dont recognize how physical it is overseas. Metro has had to say it a million times already but ill say it one more time....euroleage>>>NCAA and the haters ignore Gallinari being overworked for a long period of time. He needed some rest....i bet he coulda played if he wanted too but im not upset about it. I went to the corner store and copped this for the haters....enjoy



  15. #15
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Don't get mad.

    You haven't watch Gallinari much.

    He's taken a lot of contact in Europe, he's been playing ball all year, if you know anything about sports; constant activity inflicts a chance of injury.

    He's 19.

    What 19 year old doesn't have to bulk up?

    Are Gasol and Dirk brolic ass dudes?
    No.

    Gallinari will obviously condition himself and add some bulk, you have to be an idiot to believe otherwise.

    Gallinari will suceed at the PF with his ability to take his man off the dribble, his back to the basket moves, and his overall skill and ability on offense; he's the total package.

    His rebounding and shot blocking isn't strong; but we could see improvement because he's very coachable.

    Euroleague is more physical than the NBA.
    Do your research.

    If you said Gallinari would of got injured because of the long duration of the NBA season, then you would have a point. But you need a lot of work on making points. (try to read between the lines next times so I won't help you out on your argument)
    Most people havent seen Gallinari play alot unless you watch Italian basketball all the time. Dude metro, I never said the NBA was more physical i said he's gonna have to obviously get stronger if he thinks he can play physical as a starting PF in the NBA, cuz they are much stronger and bigger just look at guys like Dwight Howard and company. I rate the Euro league better than the NCAA because of it's age and experience difference so I know Gallo will do good, just my opinion that he shouldnt start right away, let him get use to the style of play in the NBA. And when people were saying that Gallo would be injury prone i was against that, I dont think he will be injury prone anytime soon, just think that for his style of basketball more strength is needed, especially if he's gonna start eventually as a PF.

Similar Threads

  1. 08-09 Starting Lineup
    By GoKnIcKsDLEE42 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 12, 2008, 12:31
  2. James Starting!?
    By Kennedy Curse in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Dec 05, 2007, 15:48
  3. Starting Lineup should Remain the Same
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 18, 2007, 09:33
  4. The Starting Lineup Has NOT Been Named
    By littleed511 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Oct 13, 2006, 18:00
  5. [New York Daily News] Larry coy on starting five
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Oct 25, 2005, 12:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •