Thread: Sign Baker already!!!

Default Sign Baker already!!!

I've put up a post b4 saying that the Knicks should sign Baker, but now I'm really going to emphasize this point. Dikembe has been pouting like a little girl because of his role change. Too bad, you're 38 man, what do you want the Knicks to do? His play has reflected his attitude lately. Even Wilkens said to him to stop being a crybaby and play like you want those minutes. Hey I know Baker is a risk, but Dikembe is playing horribly, and I'm not sold on Nazr's play either. After this road trip it is evident that the Knicks need another big-man, one who can shoot the ball and move a little, unlike the present situation. We have no shot in the playoffs, and may not even make the playoffs the way things are going. There is no promise that Wallace will join the Knicks after this season either. Lets sign Baker, this is one that could come back to haunt us later.

we'll get to see if baker will be signed very soon, according to the nypost, isiah and vin are meeting today to discuss this possible acquisition

Baker will meet with Thomas in New York, possibly today, and he could be inked by tomorrow. "I don't know what Isiah is doing," Marbury said. "You never know what Isiah's doing. I don't have any thoughts [about Baker]. This is our team. Whatever he says, goes. It doesn't matter what I think, it's what's best for the team."

I really hope that Vin is signed. Since Lenny doesn't want to start Deke, Vin can start alond side KT. Maybe then we can get some rebounds.

so.. nothing was decided after yesterday's meeting

Vin Baker met with Isiah Thomas yesterday, took a tour of the Knicks' practice palace in Greenburgh, and even worked out for the Knicks' team president for a half-hour.
    But when he and Thomas parted yesterday, Baker did not have a contract. And there is no guarantee he'd sign one with the Knicks if Thomas decides to offer one.
    ( [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] )

we still have to wait and see what is going to happen

I don't know if anyone caught some of the celtic games earlier in the year, but vin baker looked good. He was an excellent post player. He made kurt look bad often in the post and kurt is a great post defender. He was skinny and had some super quick spin moves under the basket. He looked like the vin of old. I like this signing. I realize that he is a head case and there is a good chance he could fall off the wagon or get depressed or something. However, if he does get back to where he was earlier this year we have a 6-11 (in the east thats like 7-2) post-up center. And he would fill by far our weakest spot right now. If he is a bust we are not going to be paying much for him and he will be a free agent at the end of the year. But if he works out, then we can play with the indianas and detroits of the world.

Its gonna happen ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ])

i read that there is a problem and can't be signed until his arbitration reaches a conclusion

Baker can waive arbitration if he wants to. Most likely he'll stick with it for the potential money he can make off the Celtics. If he is true to the game of basketball, he'll waive arbirtration, sign with a team, hopefully the Knicks, play well for the remainder of the season and earn himself a place on a team.

Either way the money would come to him. Baker needs to prove himself as a legit player in the NBA. I think the Celtics were right to waive him, Baker broke the contract that he and the Celtics agreed on. By trying to win this arbitration case, it makes him look bad in my eyes. Sign with a team Baker, and get your respect back.

It's official that Baker can sign with another team. Time to sign with the Knicks...

i was just going to post that
    looks like he's a FA now, let's see what happens next
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Great news!! I can't wait to see him suit up for the Knicks. Hope he'll be back in game shape and able to help us. 8)

im excited too but i hope his addition won't affect the chemistry of the team.. he should know his role if we sign him which i think is to add presence down low, get boards/blocks, and be a reliable option in the low post..