Thread: Josh Smith

Hybrid View

Default Josh Smith

By Sekou K Smith | Saturday, July 26, 2008, 10:11 AM
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

There are at least two, blockbuster sign-and-trade proposals the Hawks are chewing on regarding Smith (one from a Western Conference power and the other from an Eastern Conference big dog) that could dramatically change the landscape in Hawksville.
    It's been reported that Detroit is not the Eastern Conference big dog that has made an offer. They're interested, but haven't made an offer yet. I wonder which team it is? Cleveland, maybe? It wouldn't be Philly, Chicago, Boston, Toronto, or Orlando.

Atlanta management is so cheap. They have the makings of a great young team, but will let it slip away because they are too cheap.

I wonder if Donnie is thinking of a sign-and-trade offer. David Lee plus some others to make it work?

Josh Smith would fit nicely in D'Antnoi's sytem. Chandler at SF and Smith at PF would be impressive.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Aug 01, 2008 at 15:23.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    It's been reported that Detroit is not the Eastern Conference big dog that has made an offer. They're interested, but haven't made an offer yet. I wonder which team it is? Cleveland, maybe? It wouldn't be Philly, Chicago, Boston, Toronto, or Orlando.

Atlanta management is so cheap. They have the makings of a great young team, but will let it slip away because they are too cheap.

I wonder if Donnie is thinking of a sign-and-trade offer. David Lee plus some others to make it work?

Josh Smith would fit nicely in D'Antnoi's sytem. Chandler at SF and Smith at PF would be impressive.
    Smith is great expecially defensively and his D is good that he'd be fine at PF. Then when Gallo comes in put Chandler at the 2 and Gallo at the 3 or 4.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Smith is great expecially defensively and his D is good that he'd be fine at PF. Then when Gallo comes in put Chandler at the 2 and Gallo at the 3 or 4.
    Yeah. That would work well. Chandler and Gallo can play multiple positions and would be a nice rotation in D'Antoni's system.

Next, get Sean Williams at center, and the Knicks would be athletic, would run the floor well and would be great defensively. High flying dunks and blocking shots!

It's a pipe dream, I know, but nice to dream about anyway.

PG-Ricky Rubio
    SG-Chandler
    SF-Gallo
    PF-Josh Smith
    C-Sean Williams

That's the kind of team that could finally bring a championship to New York.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Yeah. That would work well. Chandler and Gallo can play multiple positions and would be a nice rotation in D'Antoni's system.

Next, get Sean Williams at center, and the Knicks would be athletic, would run the floor well and would be great defensively. High flying dunks and blocking shots!

It's a pipe dream, I know, but nice to dream about anyway.

PG-Ricky Rubio
    SG-Chandler
    SF-Gallo
    PF-Josh Smith
    C-Sean Williams

That's the kind of team that could finally bring a championship to New York.
    agreed maybe not to the promise land but a definite contender. And that team would be very athletic and something that Mike D would take advantage of, a lineup like that would fit nicely. Of course the odds of Rubio coming to the Big Apple could be slim, i dont expect us to be in last so our pick will prob be a lottery. And Rubio looks like a potential top 5 to top 10 pick with his credentials and obvious skill that he shows on videos and such. All we need is a shotblocking center with some speed and stamina..the rest of the postitions are not as hard to find starters.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Atlanta has to be stupid to let Smith go like this.
    They're such an awful franchise.
    Hopefully they let Horford go to, and we pick him up.

Do we still have next year's draft pick?

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    I would love to see Smith with the Knicks but not at the 4 spot!! Mike D's system worked with the Suns because he had Amare to play at the 5 spot and that helped Marion's transition to the 4 spot. Smith is too small to play the 4, he doesn't have to stature of Marion and he certainly doesn't have a player like Amare flanking him. If you are going to put him at the 4 spot, then you might as well just keep Lee and save the huge contract that Smith wants. This will be a key year for Lee, he is going to want a decent contract so he will play is butt off. I would say trade Lee for Smith if you are sure that Lee will not be able to equal his performance last season, which will bring his trade value down (strike while it is hot). If you are the Knicks you want to keep Lee and have Smith at the 3 spot; now that's the sign of the Knicks rebuilding and going in the right direction. I guess the quandary for the Knicks is, they can't get Smith with out including Lee in a sing and trade. I would explore all other options first, like expiring contracts and #1 picks before I trade Lee. I would also look into Battier from Houston! Now that they have Artest, I think you could get Shane Battier for a power forward (which the Rockets desperately need). I actually think Randolph would fit nicely into their system. Randolph could give Houston the second option in the post and help to beeld off the double teams that Yao gets. I like Shane over Smith, to tell you the truth. I think Shane is a more rounded player than Smith and a better all around defender as well. He would fit right into Mike's system and Shane could take on the 4 spot, like Marion did and much better than Smith would. If I could get Battier for Randolph (The rockets would have to include another player to match salaries), I would trade Lee for Smith and have Smith at the 3 and Battier at the 4.... They would be a force to reckon with!!!

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    I would love to see Smith with the Knicks but not at the 4 spot!! Mike D's system worked with the Suns because he had Amare to play at the 5 spot and that helped Marion's transition to the 4 spot. Smith is too small to play the 4, he doesn't have to stature of Marion and he certainly doesn't have a player like Amare flanking him. If you are going to put him at the 4 spot, then you might as well just keep Lee and save the huge contract that Smith wants. This will be a key year for Lee, he is going to want a decent contract so he will play is butt off. I would say trade Lee for Smith if you are sure that Lee will not be able to equal his performance last season, which will bring his trade value down (strike while it is hot). If you are the Knicks you want to keep Lee and have Smith at the 3 spot; now that's the sign of the Knicks rebuilding and going in the right direction. I guess the quandary for the Knicks is, they can't get Smith with out including Lee in a sing and trade. I would explore all other options first, like expiring contracts and #1 picks before I trade Lee. I would also look into Battier from Houston! Now that they have Artest, I think you could get Shane Battier for a power forward (which the Rockets desperately need). I actually think Randolph would fit nicely into their system. Randolph could give Houston the second option in the post and help to beeld off the double teams that Yao gets. I like Shane over Smith, to tell you the truth. I think Shane is a more rounded player than Smith and a better all around defender as well. He would fit right into Mike's system and Shane could take on the 4 spot, like Marion did and much better than Smith would. If I could get Battier for Randolph (The rockets would have to include another player to match salaries), I would trade Lee for Smith and have Smith at the 3 and Battier at the 4.... They would be a force to reckon with!!!
    As I said when Gallo comes in he can play the 3 OR THE 4, putting Josh Smith at the 3 spot
    Sg- Chandler
    SF-Smith
    PF-Gallinari

This just in...Memphis makes an offer for Josh Smith...

The Memphis Grizzlies have signed restricted Atlanta free agent Josh Smith to a $58 million offer sheet, the Memphis Commercial-Appeal is reporting.

The Hawks now have seven days to match or let Smith walk, but have said in the past they'll match any offer the high flyer may get from rival teams.
    If Atlanta lets Josh Smith go, they're the dumbest franshise around. Even dumber than the Knicks.

Wow. Memphis would have a nice young squad to build on.

PG-Mike Conley
    SG-O.J. Mayo
    SF-Rudy Gay
    PF-Josh Smith

Add a decent center and some veteran leadership off the bench, and they have a damn good team.

They need shooters. Everyone on that team is just an athletic slahser type accpet for maybe mayo who can do both.