Eddy curry not in shape?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
http://www.ny1.com/sports/knicks/8-04

Starter or Reserve?

Aug. 4 15:34

Written by Jonathon Edwards

With training camp a little over a month away most of the New York Knicks are spending their time preparing for new head coach Mike D'antoni and his "seven seconds or less" offense. Several members of the Knicks have already reached their goals.

Quentin Richardson is now 15 pounds lighter then he was at the end of last season. Stephon Marbury is said to be in great shape. Jared Jeffries, Mardy Collins, Chris Duhon, and David Lee have all worked very hard all summer long. It can be assumed that Jamal Crawford and Nate Robinson will be ready to go. Conditioning has never been a problem for either one of them. Heck, even Zach Randolph has lost some weight and claims he will be ready for the new uptempo style.

However, a source from Chicago has informed us that Eddy Curry does not appear to be in better shape. I was told by an anonymous source that he has not been going to the gym enough and he needs to lay off the fast food. The source is believed to be creditable. Curry has been hosting house parties where several beautiful women have been seen entering his Chicago home.

If what the source has told us is true how long will Curry last with D'antoni and his uptempo style of play? The only conclusion that I can draw is that Eddy Curry plans on being a role player which sums up his career of under achieveing.

nod661.jpg

Last edited:

Blas

Benchwarmer
If this is true:

Shame on Curry. He is worthless and to me should be the first along with Jerome James out of here.

I have to give some credit to Zach (very hard for me to do) for the effort.

It is good Marbury is working hard regardless of Duhon appearing.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I actually read the opposite. Remember a few months back when a report came out that Marbury couldn't finish a drill and one of the Knicks (presumably Rose) was talking shit off the record about him? Around that same time another report surfaced that Curry was working on being apart of D'Antoni's system.

I'm not trying to ride Curry cause he had a shit season, but it's hard for me to jump on the 'he's finished' bandwagon when he was on the verge of making the all-star team the year before last. D'Antoni seems to have an all offense team, no one plays D any way, why wouldn't an in shape Curry fit in? Personally I'd be good with an in shape Zach or Eddie, just as long as one is gone by season opener.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
didnt we expect this?

this isnt a surprise to me at all, Curry cannot and will not be in shape for camp or for the season. Dantoni's 7second offense is gonna eat curry alive. The other players actually care about the season. If steph cares enough to workout during the summer, you would think that curry would too? but i guess not.

D-LEE42fan

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
ouch? wow...SUCKS 2 be curry man...he got woman coming to his crib to one of them going out calling him a fat ass lol man Curry dosent care about basketball 2 much as i can see >< y do we have players that just dont care much about basketball and yet we give them a huge contract ><

Paul1355

All Star
if this is true.....WASTE OF TALENT....believe me if he's fatter than last year when Mike D sees him, Walsh is gonna trade him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
This is one of the best threads of 2008.

Now everyone knows why I always say that Curry sucks and that he has to go. Eddy Curry does not deserve to start this year, let alone be on the active list. I say the Knicks should start either David Lee or Zach Randolph at the center position. They both can score and rebound, and they're in much better shape than Curry. Jared Jeffries or Jerome James should be used as a backup center. Jeffries and James suck, but they at least play defense. The Currysexuals must feel stupid now.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Curry is gonna get embarassed on tv when they show him huffing and puffing. Yes this guy is a waste of talent, on the verge of an allstar bid not too long ago. He needs Shaq's trainer in Phoenix.

Red

TYPE-A
Does this suprise anyone? News would of been if Curry did come back in shape...this is the same ol' bullsh1t. Basically he has not shown any real dedication to his game and improving himself. That is one of the biggest things that seperate most players. Their drive and desire to improve and adjust. Millions of talented ball players who can shoot, defend, dribble etc...not to many willing to vigerously work on their physiques and improve thier weeknesses. Please as I said before bring in a serviceable big man so I can finally be convinced someone involved in a $500 million organization knows what the f*ck they are doing!!!!

really?!? i woulda never guessed he wasnt gonna be in shape for the season. He gets in shape DURING the season, then slacks off at the END of the season.

and yeah, akamu just shut it down

knicklover

Benchwarmer
NBA teams should start writing things into their contracts that protect them from guys like James and Curry (assuming the story about Curry is actually true). In most occupations, if you are a professional, when you sign a contract you are expected to show up ready, willing, and able to perform the task you were hired for. If you don't, the person contracting out your services can take you to court etc... If a professional athlete gets hurt, that is understandable. There are also remedies for extreme injuries etc... But being a lazy fat ass lard boy that shows up to camp out of shape every year should be enough of a reason to allow a team to stop paying the player and dump him. Some specific details would have to be written in, but I think it should start becoming standard. There is no reason the Knicks should be penalized because Curry is not a professional. He should be docked a lot of salary period! That would get his fat ass out of the fast food restaurants and into the gym.

donchris

Amazing how everyone jumps on the bandwagon of a story that probably doesn't have all that much credibility. Maybe Curry does suck and will be a career underachiever. The sheep like mentality of posters and bloggers just amazes me.

it amazes me when people say shit just to stir the pot...

and really, do i have to argue Eddie Curry being a worthless piece of shit? Blogger, internet poster, or not?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im not suprised by this article. Its just sad to hear that eddy curry is partying and eating fast food when he should be doing sprints and running. I dont have much to say...its not like im shocked by anything.

donchris

it amazes me when people say shit just to stir the pot...

and really, do i have to argue Eddie Curry being a worthless piece of shit? Blogger, internet poster, or not?

We can have a debate about the value or lack there of of any player, but to have a debate based on misinformation is pointless. Nobody knows shit but everyone's got an opinion.

Here's a home work assignment for newbie's, go look in the message archives from two years back and see the statements about Curry. Only Metro and a few others were consistently on the hate wagon (no diss).

metrocard

Legend
I always predicted Curry would be a bust.

The worst was when people were blinded by his "break out" season failed to realize it was just Isiah inflating Crawford's and Curry's stats.