Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Allan Houston comeback is official - signed to contract

Default Allan Houston comeback is official - signed to contract

Reported from The Knick Fix's Katie Strang,

Former Knicks guard Allan Houston said today he is planning a comeback to the NBA. Houston, one of the best outside shooters in Knicks history (1996-2005), was on hand as a guest speaker/coach at the 17th annual Gatorade Knicks Summer Basketball Camp held at Hunter College. After talking to 150 campers, ages 8-18, and teaching them about defensive positioning* and the importance of character on and off the court, Houston shared his thoughts on a return to the NBA.
    "I am going to try and come back this year," Houston said, adding that his agent has been in contact with a couple teams in the league.
    While Houston did not want to name those teams specifically, he said that after Labor Day he should have a better idea of potential landing spots.
    Houston, who left the Knicks and the NBA in 2005 with knee injuries, said he never felt like the book was shut on his professional career.
    "I never thought of it as retirement," Houston said. "I thought of it as, 'I need a break'."
    Now that Houston has had ample rest and time to recover from the knee injuries that plagued him the last couple years of his career, Houston said he is feeling great and wants to show teams in September he can still perform at a high level.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Allan Houston > Anthony Robertson.

houstin is one dimensional....he should go on a team that needs vet leadership, not a team like us with high demand for productivity....i see him signing wth the cavs or the magic

i hope knicks dont give him another 6year-100 mil $ deal. lol

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Allan Houston > Anthony Robertson.
    Allan Houston > Stephon Marbury

Originally Posted by Paul1355

After talking to 150 campers, ages 8-18, and teaching them about defensive positioning*
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Toons
    houstin is one dimensional....he should go on a team that needs vet leadership, not a team like us with high demand for productivity....i see him signing wth the cavs or the magic
    Crawford is no dimensional.

As I thought before, he should have come back, but due to the Isaiah era, thank god he did not. So even now, I think he should come back and finish on his own terms with a more advanced coach.

I do not see him joining any other organization, he loves New York!

The Spurs will snatch him up. Mike D may be perfect to get the most out of whatever game Allan has left.

It really would be another symbolic move that closes the door on Thomas's reign of error.

It would also be a much needed nod to the fans.

I want to rock my Allan jersey again. Jeffries should be shot for daring to take number 20.

yesssss, finally god is alife!!!! also take back to knick partick ewins and lartwell spearwel from retirment then take fat eddy cury and zac randfold and shoot them with uzi gun in time square along with isaih tomas. fat eddy cury belong in burger king and cruise ship turn more fast than zxac randolfs. COME BAC ALLEN HUSTON PLASSSSSSEEEEE!!!!

Originally Posted by Starks
    The Spurs will snatch him up. Mike D may be perfect to get the most out of whatever game Allan has left.

It really would be another symbolic move that closes the door on Thomas's reign of error.

It would also be a much needed nod to the fans.

I want to rock my Allan jersey again. Jeffries should be shot for daring to take number 20.
    Damn why did you have to mention the spurs? (are you a dream destroyer?) Out of all teams in this league, I hate them the most and he's interested in going there? dang...I want to see him play but I don't wanna be cheering on the Spurs.

There's always the most ironic shyt going down, but if it's to get a ring then I'll live with it, and watch a few of there games just to see how he does and hopefully they can get him what he's been aiming for.

I really hope he reconsiders going elsewhere and the Knicks orginization try and put serious interest in him.

This would be a close exclamation point for change if we inserted him into the mix. (btw, no homo intended!)

Originally Posted by datruth
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO
    not my quote son.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Toons
    houstin is ONE DIMENSIONAL....he should go on a team that needs vet leadership, not a team like us with high demand for productivity....i see him signing wth the cavs or the magic
    LMAO! You call Allan Houston one dimensional, but you support Jamal Crawford? SMH

Originally Posted by abcd
    LMAO! You call Allan Houston one dimensional, but you support Jamal Crawford? SMH
    the difference between crawford and houston is dat houston litterally can only do one thing which is shoot but last time we saw em his jumpshot had no lift which is a bad sign cuz he is very slow

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by datruth
    the difference between crawford and houston is dat houston litterally can only do one thing which is shoot but last time we saw em his jumpshot had no lift which is a bad sign cuz he is very slow
    Are you serious? Allan Houston's jump shot was automatic. Jamal Crawford's jump shot is inconsistent, and he goes through LONG stretches where his field goal percentage is in the lower 30s. Allan Houston has gone to the playoffs on several occasions, and he even went to the playoffs when he was on the Pistons. Jamal Crawford has never been to the playoffs, and there's a big chance that he never will.

Jamal Crawford's career fg%: 40.3
    Jamal Crawford's career 3pt%: 34.5%
    Jamal Crawford's career ft%: 83.7%
    Jamal Crawford's playoff games played with the Bulls: 0
    Jamal Crawford's playoff games played with the Knicks: 0

Allan Houston's career fg%: 44.4%
    Allan Houston's career 3pt%: 40.2%
    Allan Houston's career ft%: 86.3%
    Allan Houston's playoff games played with the Pistons: 3
    Allan Houston's playoff games played with the Knicks: 60

There's a big difference between Houston and Crawford.

Allan Houston also had a high basketball IQ, and Jamal Crawford has a long reputation of having a low basketball IQ.
    Allan Houston had leadership qualities, and Jamal Crawford has none. Crawford is the kind of player that'll give Curry a five after letting a point guard lay it up on him.

I don't know how Houston is now, but he deserves a chance to come back with the Knicks. I don't even have to watch him play to know that he's better than Mardy Collins, Anthony Roberson, and Chris Duhon.