Allan Houston comeback is official - signed to contract

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
allan houston is way better shooter than any of our current players. Doesnt the D'antoni system need good 3 point scorers? get allan back!!! much needed leadership aswell

jzero29

Rotation player
I know allan houston way better then any of the shooting guards we have, But Is he in form? Do we have a spot for him? Can he still shoot the lights out??
Allan houston attributes would be best used by a contending team, the knicks are not that team. The knicks are a team that need to sign cheap players who may pan out to be stars. Like roberson. I also am not saying crawford is what this team needs, he blows and if we could ditch him, I'd so do it.

metrocard

Legend
I know allan houston way better then any of the shooting guards we have, But Is he in form? Do we have a spot for him? Can he still shoot the lights out??
Allan houston attributes would be best used by a contending team, the knicks are not that team. The knicks are a team that need to sign cheap players who may pan out to be stars. Like roberson. I also am not saying crawford is what this team needs, he blows and if we could ditch him, I'd so do it.

Houston > Crawford

Paul1355

All Star
Too Fragile

But you could trust Crawford???

LMAOOOOO

Anyone can get hurt, genius.
you honestly gonna sit their and tell me you'd trust a former-retired veteran with serious knee problems to come in and play over 30 minutes a game and not worry about his health? When that was the reason he retired in the first place? There is a difference between guys that don't get hurt a lot and guys that get hurt, and keep getting hurt as a result of an injury from the past, like Houston. A knee injury is hard to get rid of...that's why there are high odds that he will get hurt again, especially if he is ever a starter which u think he should be. Imagine Houston trying to keep up with slashers like D-Wade or Lebron? He'd have to bust his ass then when they drive on him, the knee will always be put to the test. You watched the last knee injury he had right? His knee hit another player during one of his moving shots and right there, DONE. Imagine him trying to get around picks? A lot of contact on that knee. He is too fragile to be a starter right now.

knickfan2112

Benchwarmer
i love allan houston one of my favorite knicks but his years of playing over 35 minutes maybe even 30 are over... i see him being a solid role player though

Terrordome

Rookie
If you think ''wow,Allan Houston is with our team..We gonna kick azz!!'',then this team is more doomed than ever...Consider how old is he???35 or something...I DON'T care...He can't help...Just build something called ''good team ''so as LeBron James would consider in 2010 NY as a possible next stop for his career...Greetings from Greece..:afro:Although signing Houston is a good move for this year..ONLY...Knicks 2008-09=35-47

Last edited:
Houston would be a good guy to have coming off the bench for a few minutes here or there, maybe good for a few hot streaks through the season if he paces himself right...otherwise he'd just be taking up a roster spot that we dont seem to have at the moment.

To say he'd be a good starter at this point is retarded...hasnt played in a few years, coming off of knee problems, completely different league than when he left...we'd be lucky to have him completely effective by the all-star break, if he doesnt break down by then..*knock on wood*

but id love to see the attempt if James retires and Curry gets traded...

metrocard

Legend
you honestly gonna sit their and tell me you'd trust a former-retired veteran with serious knee problems to come in and play over 30 minutes a game and not worry about his health? When that was the reason he retired in the first place? There is a difference between guys that don't get hurt a lot and guys that get hurt, and keep getting hurt as a result of an injury from the past, like Houston. A knee injury is hard to get rid of...that's why there are high odds that he will get hurt again, especially if he is ever a starter which u think he should be. Imagine Houston trying to keep up with slashers like D-Wade or Lebron? He'd have to bust his ass then when they drive on him, the knee will always be put to the test. You watched the last knee injury he had right? His knee hit another player during one of his moving shots and right there, DONE. Imagine him trying to get around picks? A lot of contact on that knee. He is too fragile to be a starter right now.

Yes, I'm telling you this.

Serious knee problems? Houston is fully recovered now.

You know NOTHING about injuries and sports training.

Anyone is vulnerable to an injury.

Who the f*ck said Houston would clock 30 mins a game you idiot?
Houston would be good for 18-24 minutes, have Chandler or Q-Rich take the rest of the SG spot.

"A knee injury is hard to get rid of" LMAO
Do you realize how uneducated you sound kid?

Go back to school and study and stop wasting your time all day on the internet talking shit that you don't know about. You're lowering your IQ and making it acceptable to yourself to be an ignorant puto 24/7.

Who can keep with Lebron and Wade? Another cliche example that FAILS all the time.

Poster tries to make a point by using the BEST and most ELITE slashers trying to prove that a player can't be on the court because he can't stop Lebron or Wade.

Not even Ron Artest can stop Lebron, so shut the f*ck you mindless fatass.

Houston is a VET, with experience; he knows the game a million levels above Crawford, he would play a Raja Bell type role(w/o defense).

I honestly believe your one of the dumbest posters here, but thats just my opinion. Leave it at that.

Paul1355

All Star
Yes, I'm telling you this.

Serious knee problems? Houston is fully recovered now.

You know NOTHING about injuries and sports training.

Anyone is vulnerable to an injury.

Who the f*ck said Houston would clock 30 mins a game you idiot?
Houston would be good for 18-24 minutes, have Chandler or Q-Rich take the rest of the SG spot.

"A knee injury is hard to get rid of" LMAO
Do you realize how uneducated you sound kid?

Go back to school and study and stop wasting your time all day on the internet talking shit that you don't know about. You're lowering your IQ and making it acceptable to yourself to be an ignorant puto 24/7.

Who can keep with Lebron and Wade? Another cliche example that FAILS all the time.

Poster tries to make a point by using the BEST and most ELITE slashers trying to prove that a player can't be on the court because he can't stop Lebron or Wade.

Not even Ron Artest can stop Lebron, so shut the f*ck you mindless fatass.

Houston is a VET, with experience; he knows the game a million levels above Crawford, he would play a Raja Bell type role(w/o defense).

I honestly believe your one of the dumbest posters here, but thats just my opinion. Leave it at that.

I feel like im talking to a wall. Let me start off saying that your comment calling me a f*ukin idot proves your the f*kin idiot becuase your the dumass who said that you'd start Houston over Crawford right now. And my proof is your retarded comment on August 26 were you laughed at me for trusting Crawford to start over a returning Houston. And starters that are guards usually play over 30 min a game. After surgery anything can happen, he can come back great or not be as good because of an injury just like Antonio McDyss, after he tore his ACL he never averaged 20 ppg a season. Injuries affect players ability to play at 100%, common sense. And an injury like Houstons which ENDED HIM FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS, can just as much come back and bite him again. i barely trust guys that have injury problems or known as INJURY PRONE, like Houston was during his last years. There are guys that never get hurt and guys that get hurt repatedly, that's why the term "Injury Prone" is used to classify a player in the first place.
I don't even know why you would conitnue this argument, no matter what we say it's a 50/50 whether a guy like that can be trusted to play a role player's minutes with being away from the game so long and coming back from surgery. You have trust in guys when they come back from injuires putting them out for years, i don't have that much trust to give him big minutes. I would not mind having him on this team if the opportunity came, but not starting over Crawford.

Last edited:
Read this shit.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-sphouston075833045sep07,0,45031.story

Allan Houston's plans at a second comeback attempt might happen again with the Knicks.

The 37-year-old former All-Star shooting guard has been working out and playing all summer and, according to multiple sources, Houston has spoken recently with Donnie Walsh about an invite to training camp later this month in Saratoga Springs.

A person close to Houston said he "looks at this as the last opportunity to give it an honest and fair shot." Houston retired on Oct. 17, 2005 after chronic knee troubles.

The Knicks have an interest in Houston - especially if he shows he can still shoot it like he used to - but Walsh is believed to have an interest in including Houston in something on the basketball operations side of the business if he isn't able to make the roster.
Houston started hinting at a comeback last year and the Knicks gave him an invite last fall. He arrived a week late because of the birth of his daughter, Jade, and didn't last more than a week of practices. He played sparingly in one preseason game before calling it quits, citing he was not physically ready to the rigors of the NBA game. But Houston continued to workout throughout the winter and played at the Nike Pro City league this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

metrocard

Legend
Stop telling me your emotions Paulie, I'm not your father.

You don't have to start and play over 30 minutes a game, look at Ginobili, he's Crawford's superior.

Who the hell said Houston would average 20 points per game? I sure as hell didn't.

Houston not averaging 20 ppg is still more effective than watching Crawford's circus act.

Everyone is risk at injury prone, the probability of injury relates to a lot of physical, medical and sports related factor you never studied about. My major is exercise science; the study of movement. You should really do your research because I could honestly take your ass to class for being such a fool using elementary terms like "injury prone".

Paul1355

All Star
Stop telling me your emotions Paulie, I'm not your father.

You don't have to start and play over 30 minutes a game, look at Ginobili, he's Crawford's superior.

Who the hell said Houston would average 20 points per game? I sure as hell didn't.

Houston not averaging 20 ppg is still more effective than watching Crawford's circus act.

Everyone is risk at injury prone, the probability of injury relates to a lot of physical, medical and sports related factor you never studied about. My major is exercise science; the study of movement. You should really do your research because I could honestly take your ass to class for being such a fool using elementary terms like "injury prone".

No emotions involved kid. Basic basketball term "injury prone" can start from day one or years later like Houston. I hope he comes back full recovery, I'm just saying don't bet a lot on it. Would not mind having him on the team though off the bench.

metrocard

Legend
No emotions involved kid. Basic basketball term "injury prone" can start from day one or years later like Houston. I hope he comes back full recovery, I'm just saying don't bet a lot on it. Would not mind having him on the team though off the bench.

LMAO

"Basic basketball term"

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this man.

How many basic basketball terms can you teach me, Mr. NBA Vocabulary Man?

Paul1355

All Star
LMAO

"Basic basketball term"

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this man.

How many basic basketball terms can you teach me, Mr. NBA Vocabulary Man?

Honest question, Have you ever heard the term, Injury prone, and saw it being used to classify a specific player? And if you have, what the hell did you think it meant????? I have, MANY TIMES. You want me to say it's slang or something? Metro, the term is used classifying a specific player that always get hurt. Whether it's a knee, muscle pulls, torn ligaments, anything. If he is constantly side lined because of injuries, that is where the term comes up.

And Houston, during his last years, was that kind of player whether you like it or not. I said I hope that his surgery has ended his history of injuries.

You said that anyone can get hurt, I AGREE, just that Houston got hurt frequently.....GET IT?!?!?!

Frequent Injuries = Injury Prone