Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Allan Houston comeback is official - signed to contract

If we had a player of Stephons talent (even if its limited) but at a bargain price no one would be b*tchin'. His performance doesn't warrant the type of contract he has- that to me is the problem not his skills.
    I know [knowing] the past is important to not make the same mistakes but why do many Knick fans live in the past. It's over and done, no more Ewing, Houston, Van Gundy...its a wrap. We made many many mistakes that cost us millions of dollars and more importantly sabotaged our future for years to come..that sums it up. From garbage players to unqualified coaches to bad management etc. I bet we can pinpoint were it all started going down hill (maybe after Ewing left) or maybe we lost a good GM or whatever but lets talk about putting together a competitive team. F*ck all the losers we lost...they couldn't of been that good.....because we LOST. F*ck'em
    AND if DAnillo don't show me some WOW f*ck him too. The sixth pick better not be another scrub!!!!

Default H2O ballin' in NYC

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

In game two Ron Artest went off yet again, dropping 44 points to go with ten rebounds, six assists and three blocks, to knock off Dyckman 131-115. Dyckman suited up former Knick shooting guard and Olympic gold medalist Allan Houston. Houston was introduced to Pro City by a heckler who yelled, “Allan I’m a big fan, but if you don’t represent I’ma get on you.”

Houston did his best to keep Dyckman in the contest, but Artest would have none of it. The Sacramento King hit seven threes and threw done a sick tomahawk flush to dispatch of Dyckman. Houston showed glimpses of his old self when he scored five quick points on Artest with a three-pointer in his grill and a blow by for a lay up. Showtime added 22 points for QB and Jarrid Frye added 16 points and nine rebounds. Houston led Dyckman with 25 points and former Kennedy HS star JC Mathis added 22 for the losers.

WAIVE MARDY - SIGN H20 to vet's min
    Just f#ckin' do it Donnie!

Superstar

i don't want Allan. He was never a quick player, and he's still coming off shot knees, whether he took a 2 year break or not. At his age also, he deserves to be on a team that has a shot. If he's on the Rockets i think they are getting their chips this year barring injuries.

Here is a comparision.

Brett Favre to the Jets....**** with Brett it makes the Jests only a fringe playoff team. However their situation is different...because they signed all these veterans that are at their peak already they have to try to win now. WE on the other hand are straight garbage with a mess of veterans entering their prime (tho many of these players seem like they will have no prime...Eddy Curry comes to mind) or diminishing severely....signing a veteran of Allan Houstons caliber makes no sense what so ever. We should try to get younger, expirings, etc...anything to rebuild.
    Last edited by clumsy; Aug 12, 2008 at 11:08.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Part of rebuilding is teaching and learning.
    Houston is the perfect vet to teach our youngins the NBA game and lifestyle.

You don't put a team full of young dudes and expect them to grow by themselves.

Bulls tried that and failed miserably.

Talent doesn't equal success.

Houston would be a superior addition than Anthony Robertson.

Houston does the same thing as Robertson, but is 6"6 and is by far a better shooter.

Robertson has handles but they aren't even that good to play PG.

Houston will PROVE the doubters wrong.
    Its ashame that people turn their back on H20 when he gave us his everything.

Best of luck to Allan and his fam.

bring bak allen and spearwells, and center ewin for fat edy cury, any body to take plavce of curry, i'll take Barney purpel dinosar and put him instead of fat cury, at least barney have energie and mite have some beter moves down low in block

Originally Posted by Dirk
    bring bak allen and spearwells, and center ewin for fat edy cury, any body to take plavce of curry, i'll take Barney purpel dinosar and put him instead of fat cury, at least barney have energie and mite have some beter moves down low in block
    Why do you write like Borat? Apart from a few spellings your pidgin-language doesn't resemble German, especially not structurally. As far as content is concerned: as much as I like Ewing, I doubt that he has got something left in the tank .

I wouldn't mind getting Houston back for one year, that's if you can take the risk of him being hurt again. His knee has been good for 3 years but he hasn't played basketball in the Nba in that time so anything can happen. Some guys always get hurt and Houston became injury prone eventually, so if he gets hurt this year it wouldnt surprise anyone.

I like Allan Houston. I never wanted him to leave the Knicks. I hope he comes back to the Knicks. We need a vet and experience player to teach all the young players on the team.

Didn't Houston already try to comeback last year?

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    DA"TRUTH," look, son, as a person that was out of diapers, when Sprewell, Houston and Ewing all played, I can tell you that Sprewell was never leader of the Knicks and was often a liability. He would take bad shots, miss most of those and lacked the scoring punch that both Ewing and Houston were capable of delivering. His scoring was inconsistent and not executed in bunches, he had weak 3-point shooting, a weak outside game and was turnover prone.

Allan Houston, before, during, and after Sprewell, always outplayed him, outshot him and was an underrated defender. Houston would always open the game by crushing opponents with two or three consecutive jumpers. And, unlike Crawford, who has tried to do the same, he would usually knock down jumpers to close quarters and halves. He was great at cutting and coming off of screens, comparable to Rip Hamilton. Ewing was always the leader, the most clutch of our shooters. When he was older, his presence was still that of a leader, he was the type of player, who when he sat down, you felt something was missing: the great help defense, the rebounding, the blocks, the consistent 18-foot jumper.

A testament to how great Ewing was is that, even though people, usually those who didn't even watch the Knicks regularly, believed he was a detriment to the Knicks, as soon as he was traded, the Knicks fell a million miles from where they had been for years.

Sprewell was disliked, because of his inconsistent shooting, lack of clutch, and bad decision making. When the chips were down, you could not look to the man. I've always thought John Starks should have remained on the team, playing with Houston and Ewing: he was really just as good as Sprewell, though much more explosive and willful. Sprewell would make you cheer, every once in a while, but you hated him, for his ****ty play, 8 times out of 10. Starks had so much heart that, even if he didn't play that well, you saw that he wanted to and that he would leave all he had on the floor

-Case Closed-

-OG going back to the SHU-
    On a Knick website where bizarro posts are the rule rather than exception this one right here may take the take the cake. Sprewell disliked? By who exactly? Spre by far was the most popular Knick with the fans during his stay here. A liability? He was by far the best all around player on the team always playing the most minutes. Spre was definitely streaky with his shot but he was a far more explosive a scorer than Houston or Ewing. He was also a very smart player with the Knicks, not turnover prone at all and along with L.J. the undisputed locker room leader of the late 90s Knick teams. Just ask Van Gundy about Sprewell.

Houston was very inconsistent during those years many times having big first halves only to disappear in the second. His signature curl play was great but that's where the comparisons to Rip Hamilton's movement stops. His defense was awful, ball handling weak and was just an all around soft player. That said he was an incredible shooter but that's where his game stopped.

This idea that Houston is going to come into that locker room this season and be a leader is absurd. He was always a quiet guy and if anything may lead by example but anything more than that is just not his personality. Houston needs to go to a contending team that needs a 3 point shooter because that's all he can do.

KnicksonLIN.com

[quote=[B]Eddy Currys House Special[/B];64456]Didn't Houston already try to comeback last year?
    On a Knick website where bizarro posts are the rule rather than exception this one right here may take the take the cake. Sprewell disliked? By who exactly? Spre by far was the most popular Knick with the fans during his stay here. A liability? He was by far the best all around player on the team always playing the most minutes. Spre was definitely streaky with his shot but he was a far more explosive a scorer than Houston or Ewing. He was also a very smart player with the Knicks, not turnover prone at all and along with L.J. the undisputed locker room leader of the late 90s Knick teams. Just ask Van Gundy about Sprewell.quote]

You're insane. Allan Houston and Patrick Ewing are better than Latrell Sprewell. Houston always shot better fg% than Sprewell, and Ewing is a 50 greatest player.

Ewing is not only a 50 greatest player, hes a hall of famer, and the BEST KNICK EVER

allan houston is way better shooter than any of our current players. Doesnt the D'antoni system need good 3 point scorers? get allan back!!! much needed leadership aswell

I know allan houston way better then any of the shooting guards we have, But Is he in form? Do we have a spot for him? Can he still shoot the lights out??
    Allan houston attributes would be best used by a contending team, the knicks are not that team. The knicks are a team that need to sign cheap players who may pan out to be stars. Like roberson. I also am not saying crawford is what this team needs, he blows and if we could ditch him, I'd so do it.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by jzero29
    I know allan houston way better then any of the shooting guards we have, But Is he in form? Do we have a spot for him? Can he still shoot the lights out??
    Allan houston attributes would be best used by a contending team, the knicks are not that team. The knicks are a team that need to sign cheap players who may pan out to be stars. Like roberson. I also am not saying crawford is what this team needs, he blows and if we could ditch him, I'd so do it.
    Houston > Crawford

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Houston > Crawford
    can't trust Houston as a starter...back from 3 years from having a messed up knee, he can still get hurt, a one year deal is perfect.